Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. (10049 Views)

Yoruba Will Not Like This (pic) / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. / Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 12:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gaybriel: I hate nairaland because it is the house of rumour, foolish talking and abuse of freedom of expression! Only few sections actually make me still visit this nairaland of a thing. Op, your statement is an insult to the indigene of the state. Those you say will rule Lagos, have they successfully ruled their own states? Silly attention seeker! Sorry for calling you name.
Why worry so much on this RUMOUR. There's nothing to fear, it's for the good of ONE NIGERIA, where we have to put our resources, idea, leadership qualities together for our own good. PLS DONT INSULT!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by demmie1: 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
PointB:

Why is it annoying to use Lagos? Is Lagos not a microcosm of Nigeria, judging from its cosmopolitan nature?

The earlier folks like you begin to accept that beyond, Yoruba, other non-indigenes are also stake holders in Lagos, the better for all of us.

@topic,
It is politics, who has the support base should go for it. In a free and fair election, Tinubu imposition of candidate will come crashing like a house of card. Let the game begin!
No one is denying your stake holding, the point is you are tenants so you should know your place and stay your place. Bini people that have equal stake in Lagos as other Yorubas are not making noise about it. tell me, who is your father in this lands?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by anonimi: 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
demmie1:
No one is denying your stake holding, the point is you are tenants so you should know your place and stay your place. Bini people that have equal stake in Lagos as other Yorubas are not making noise about it. tell me, who is your father in this lands?

I am sure his father (and probably himself) is a [size=14pt]tax payer to the LASG among so many other millions "non-indigenes".
It is their taxes, levies, fines that make Fashola praise himslef that he has greatly increased internally generated revenue (IGR) to enable him have a budget of almost N500billion.[/size]

His father and other non-indigenes were begged by Fashola to remain in Lagos for the last census so their federal allocation can be included for Lagos state.
So why should they not have equal rioghts as the "omo onile"/ indigene
The same way many Nigerians are equal without question in the US, Britain and other countries with white "indigenes". How many times have we celebrated the election of black Nigerians into political offices in these white lands?
Is it not time we stop behaving like we are still in the 17th century AD?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 12:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
anonimi:

I am sure his father (and probably himself) is a [size=14pt]tax payer to the LASG among so many other millions "non-indigenes".
It is their taxes, levies, fines that make Fashola praise himslef that he has greatly increased internally generated revenue (IGR) to enable him have a budget of almost N500billion.[/size]

His father and other non-indigenes were begged by Fashola to remain in Lagos for the last census so their federal allocation can be included for Lagos state.
The same way many Nigerians are equal without question in the US, Britain and other countries with white "indigenes". How many times have we celebrated the election of black Nigerians into political offices in these white lands?
Thank you for this wonderful contribution. Instead of dealing with the issue, some folks wants to make look like an agenda of Igbo.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
Imagine thousands of Political scientists residing in Lagos, who are non-indigenes being suppressed as regards practising politics just because they are based in Lagos yet we are ONE NIGERIA.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 12:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
anonimi:

Thank you for this wonderful contribution. Instead of dealing with the issue, some folks wants to make it look like an agenda of Igbos.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by T9ksy(m): 12:57pm On Jan 05, 2013
I agree with your proposition, intoto. In that case, i believe the onus is on you to set the first example by

making a non-indigene in your father's land, who as a taxpayer has as much rights as your good self, govern your papa's land. In

fact, you should go one step further and place the entire administration of your papa's land in the hands of non-indigenes tax

payers. Its then we will know that you are serious with your idea and we may then consider your suggestion for our land.

This doesn't necessarily translate to we taking you up on your offer, though.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by odogwux(m): 1:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
SUBMARINE: @Non-Yorubas Lagos residence should realize that historically, yorubas are socially but not politically tolerant. So please do your business, make your money and go back to your villages to contest with your money.

I agree with most of your post except the "socially tolerant" bit because I don't know what it means really.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
T9ksy: I agree with your proposition, intoto. In that case, i believe the onus is on you to set the first example by

making a non-indigene in your father's land, who as a taxpayer has as much rights as your good self, govern your papa's land. In

fact, you should go one step further and place the entire administration of your papa's land in the hands of non-indigenes tax

payers. Its then we will know that you are serious with your idea and we may then consider your suggestion for our land.

This doesn't necessarily translate to we taking you up on your offer, though.
play the politics and stand for election anywhere u re in our ONE nigeria. No one is banking one indigenes to relinguish governorship to Lagosians. Non-indigene will stand for election and if indigenes support the popular candidate in 2015, FINE!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by demmie1: 1:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
anonimi:

Any one who wants to leave his father's land and work elsewhere to pay tax is welcomed to, that does not remove the fact that he's not doing it on borrowed grace.
fashola never begged anyone to remain for census, he was not in office in 2006! it shows how biased your 'wonderful contribution' is. it is up to western countries to allow non indigenes any leeway, their choice. everyone knows what they have done in the past concerning rights, so don't come here preaching.
i'm sure you will hide your face when those you are speaking for performs actions related to 17th century.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by T9ksy(m): 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
[quote author=Get2go]play the politics and stand for election anywhere u re in our ONE nigeria. No one is banking one indigenes to relinguish governorship to Lagosians. Non-indigene will stand for election and if indigenes support the popular candidate in 2015, FINE!! [/quote

]Yes ke........stand for election wherever you reside in ONE Nigeria. I await the sight of an iboman standing

for governorship election in Borno state. Am certain that indigenes support for him will be overwhelming......grin grin
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by hercules07: 1:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
demmie1:
Any one who wants to leave his father's land and work elsewhere to pay tax is welcomed to, that does not remove the fact that he's not doing it on borrowed grace.
fashola never begged anyone to remain for census, he was not in office in 2006! it shows how biased your 'wonderful contribution' is. it is up to western countries to allow non indigenes any leeway, their choice. everyone knows what they have done in the past concerning rights, so don't come here preaching.
i'm sure you will hide your face when those you are speaking for performs actions related to 17th century.

You know that these guys ran away to the east to be counted during the last census. IMO state must be ruled by Catholics, Abia self they have their Ngwa and others vying for supremacy, Enugu has its own internal dynamics who born Yoruba man to even entertain he thought of contesting in those places, people should set examples before coming online to propose ideas that will not work, if Ben is so inclined sha, he can become a senator as he has served lagos well.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by topazjosh(m): 1:46pm On Jan 05, 2013
Need to ask OP or any other non yoruba that will love to become lagos governor their main aim and agenda?
But sincerely is not bad having non indigene as governor but will you allow that in your region,to be specific the easterners,still much believe in south southerners and the whole northerners but ibo I doubt.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by MegaMan2020: 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2013
Blah blah blah. You know as well as I do that a Yoruba will be the governor of Lagos in 2015. Lets be honest with ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by MegaMan2020: 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
This is why no one likes Igbos. Why can't they just be happy with their land in the East? Why the mad scramble for everyone elses land? I know Yorubas that were born and raised in IGBOLAND BUT THEY DON'T TRY AND CLAIM THE PLACES AS THEIR OWN. tHEY'RE JUST CONTENT WITH LIVING THERE. WHY MUST THE iGBOS ALWAYS TRY AND CLAIM THINGS THAT DON'T BELONG TO THEM. YOU PEOPLE CRY ABOUT TRIBALISM BUT YOU MAKE THE MOST INFLAMATORY AND RIDICULOUS STATEMENTS.
Just be happy with Igboland. Stop with this silly fascination with Lagos. it's in YORUBALAND not Igboland. You don't own it and you never will. Go and develop your villages!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by MegaMan2020: 2:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
Get2go: Thank you for this wonderful contribution. Instead of dealing with the issue, some folks wants to make look like an agenda of Igbo.

But it is isn't it? Why are no Igbos declaring that a Yoruba man should be governor of their states? Wopuld you Igbos even dream of letting something like that happen? Why must it be Igbos always trying to be governers in other peoples lands? Typical greedy Igbos!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Ngwakwe: 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
Can you please explain what you mean by the statement below.

MegaMan2020: This is why no one likes Igbos.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by MajeOfficial: 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
The first Mayor of Enugu was an Fulani man, lets not forget.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Ngwakwe: 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
South Westerners should stop selling landed properties to non indigenes to avoid a scenario where they will be outnumbered.

Land Ownership is transferable.

As at this moment, the Internet is filled with "Lagos for Sale", even Seun normally subtitled it as such in "Nairalist"

You cannot forever use intimidation to suppress people.

Politics is a game of numbers.

All Nigerians 18+ can vote in any local election.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
Igbos are not de only ones eligible for Lagos state governorship. Ijaw, Efik/Ibibio, Hausa/Fulani man can be adopted to contest, with support from all nigerians resident in Lagos. indigenes can play their game but at the end, the number will count!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2013
Non-yorubas are ijaws, igbos, efik, hausas, edos etc

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by anonimi: 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
The first Mayor of Enugu was an Fulani man, lets not forget.

Thanks. This is what you get when [size=13pt]each region has to depend on its IGR and not on federally allocated revenue from Niger Delta oil wells.[/size]
He who pays the piper dictates the tune, nor be so?
Was Zik also not an elected MP of the old Western region legislative house

demmie1:
fashola never begged anyone to remain for census, he was not in office in 2006! it shows how biased your 'wonderful contribution' is.

Wetin different from Fashola and his godfather, Tinubu administrations. Nor be one and the same thing? If you dey look for bias, make you go front small go find am.

everyone knows what [size=13pt]they have done in the past[/size] concerning rights, so don't come here preaching.

Are we not saying the same thing as per this portion of your post above?
Or maybe as the oyinbo masters don do am "in the past" we must to do [size=13pt]our own now & in the present[/size] shocked
Reminds of some weird Bazooka chewing gum cartoon. Bazooka Joe said he was reading his friend's letter SLOWLY because he knows his friend usually writes slowly.
Quite interesting!!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Ngodigha1(m): 3:21pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ndigbo in Lagos are not interested in Lagos politics, they hardly go out to contest nor stand for elections. The only time Ndigbo recently came out to vote was last presidential election.
Bigots here should count Ndigbo out of this nonsense. To hell with Lagos elections.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by odogwux(m): 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
MegaMan2020: This is why no one likes Igbos. Why can't they just be happy with their land in the East? Why the mad scramble for everyone elses land? I know Yorubas that were born and raised in IGBOLAND BUT THEY DON'T TRY AND CLAIM THE PLACES AS THEIR OWN. tHEY'RE JUST CONTENT WITH LIVING THERE. WHY MUST THE iGBOS ALWAYS TRY AND CLAIM THINGS THAT DON'T BELONG TO THEM. YOU PEOPLE CRY ABOUT TRIBALISM BUT YOU MAKE THE MOST INFLAMATORY AND RIDICULOUS STATEMENTS.
Just be happy with Igboland. Stop with this silly fascination with Lagos. it's in YORUBALAND not Igboland. You don't own it and you never will. Go and develop your villages!

Pathetic follow-follow statement devoid of direction but full of hot air. What brought igbos into this thread?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ngodigha1: Ndigbo in Lagos are not interested in Lagos politics, they hardly go out to contest nor stand for elections. The only time Ndigbo recently came out to vote was last presidential election.
Bigots here should count Ndigbo out of this nonsense. To hell with Lagos elections.

I hope your ibo brothers get this into their thick skull.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Samxiulee: 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2013
Really as a Lagosian,I won't mind if a non yoruba governs Lagos state,as long as he or she does a good job.
Frankly I think there should be more non indigenous people in the state cabinet,reflecting the cosmopolitan nature of the state,have just one non yoruba commissioner in the cabinet is not so ideal,even in the civil service it should be reflected,non yorubas have the access to aspire for any political post in the state no law or anyone is holding them back on that,
A hausa man have a good chance at the state house of representatives in idi araba,so also will an Igbo man have a good chance in a place like Aguda kilo,I think they should start from somewhere,most lagos residents have love and passion for Lagos,they are even more loyal to Lagos than the entity called Nigeria.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ngodigha1: Ndigbo in Lagos are not interested in Lagos politics, they hardly go out to contest nor stand for elections. The only time Ndigbo recently came out to vote was last presidential election.
IT'S NOT IGBOS!!!. It's a strategy by LAGOSIANS!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
[b][ If GEJ can win Lagos in 2011, then Non-indigenous Lagos Governor is realisable./b]
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2013
@ Get2Go

I don't care if you reside in Lagos or not. My question is refering to the statement you made. Why Lagos, why not any other state ?

As for the topic, na una wahala be that. NO ONE HAS EVER STOPPED a non-indigene from contesting and no one would ever will. Feel free, Yorubas don't really care unless of course on nairaland.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by hardniola(m): 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
this dream only start nd end in NL.
Non-yoruba that think he we govern lagos
we be assasinate
just ask fashohun.......he we tell u dat.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Napoleondegreat: 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
I see
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2013
Every other tribe in Nigeria know the boundary and the unwritten rule that governs Nigeria...except the Ibos on NL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles / FG Approves ₦1.5 Billion For Customs To Procure 46 Vehicles / Jigawa State PDP Governorship Rally In Kiyawa LG (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.