Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,918 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. (10050 Views)

Yoruba Will Not Like This (pic) / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. / Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
saxywale: "Lagos — Lagos State House of Assembly (LSHA) has
adopted the use of Yoruba language in addition to
English in the conduct of legislative business on the
floor of the Assembly chamber as it also called on the
leadership of the House to urgently set in motion the
necessary machinery and other supportive equipment
for its implementation.

The resolution was adopted sequel to a letter written
by Dr. (Mrs.) Ohiri Anuche, an Associate Professor in
the University of Lagos urging the House to conduct
legislative business in Yoruba. This according to her,
would enhance participation of the grassroots in
governance."

http://allafrica.com/stories/200712171269.html

I knew it.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Ngwakwe: 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
Am talking of serious contender who can secure ticket and run under the banner of AC.N as I don't foresee any other party winning Lagos in the foreseeable future

afam4eva:
It has absolutely nothing to do with trust else Tinubu and Fashola wouldn't appoint non-Lagosians into his cabinet. There's no law that's stopping anyone fro anywhere from contesting to be governor of Lagos, afterall a non-lagosian contested against Fashola in 2007.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by OAM4J: 4:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva:
It has absolutely nothing to do with trust else Tinubu and Fashola wouldn't appoint non-Lagosians into his cabinet. There's no law that's stopping anyone fro anywhere from contesting to be governor of Lagos, afterall a non-lagosian contested against Fashola in 2007.

Appointing one or few people/technocrats to satisfy an interest group by the Governor is not equal to to electing the Governor that appoints this cabinet. Talking about present day Lagos state, give me one name, just one non Yoruba name that is capable of wining Lagos in 2015. Like Gbawe stated, any non Yoruba desiring to govern Lagos must start getting involved and prove himself to the generality of Lagosians over a period of time that he truly love the state and he is working for the interest of the state.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2013
Shollypopz:
Then go back to your state! Did we ask you to come to our state to invest those unwanted 30 years?? Lagos shouldn't give a damn about your interest but the interest of Lagosians. Till Nigeria adopts the permanent residency move which y'all ignoramus verbally opposed, y'all do not stand a chance. Can you guys be saying this bullsh1t in the North where the Hausas are residing? They would have beheaded you greedy fools long time!! Na everything be business to una, una wan turn Lagos state governorship to Alaba market, Nonsense!!

Yorubas tolerate crap, walahi I wan create my own boko haram. Kill all Igbos in Lagos state. Na Sholly E. Popz talk am and I approve this message!

My sweetheart, happy new year. Don't let some random bigoted dudes polarize you - they've done a wonderful job already grin.

Oya recant those things you just said osiso.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Afam4eva(m): 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
shymexx: I asked Gbawe these questions, however, he's yet to provide any cogent answers... I'll pose the same questions to the myopic clowns on this thread as well...

Quote 1:
My point is that if it's not possible for someone like Chief Negro_ntns who has his ancestry in Lagos but was born and raised in Kano to contest for the governorship position of Kano, why should other people who're not from Lagos be vying to rule the place

Also, have you ever seen a Scot born and raised in London claim English ancestry?? Heck, Tony Blair is an English man born and raised in Scotland, did that change his English ancestry?? Despite being born and raised in Scotland, and also as a former British PM - Tony Blair still has no say in what goes on in Scotland... He's a non-entity over there!! It's the same thing everywhere in the world and all the pseudo-modernists need to start accepting that human beings are naturally territorial and that's the way it's going to be till the end of time...

Quote 2:
That's wishful thinking in a tribalised society... There's nothing "indolent" about doing right thing within the context in which it's done.. It only becomes problematic when pseudo-modern thinkers continue to preach their idealist theories to the choir just to suit their own personal interests... If that's what is attainable across the board - why should Lagos be singled out by pseudo-modern thinkers for their idealist fantasies??
I'll advise you to come and spend one year in Nigeria because the way you talk like a google Nigerian. Nothing stops an Adebisi from contesting to be a governor in Kano or Anambra. Nothing stops an Uche from contesting to represent Lagos or Zamfara in the senate and nothiong stops an Abubakar from contesting for any elective position in Lagos. It';s only in people's minds that they're restricted.

I'll also like to point out that your constant use of Scotland and England is not valid. These are countries for crying out loud and not states. Even at that, a Tony Blair could still choose to contest in Scotland and nothing will happen. He just chose to go to England instead. Correct me if i'm wrong.

At the end of the day, it's left for the Lagos electorate to accept or reject whoever they so pls. And pls Lagos electorate is different from Lagos indigenes.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2013
Lagos needs to start asking for the Hong-Kong/mainland-china status from Nigeria - one country and two systems... And people need to start applying for visas to visit the damn place before these people run over the place! grin
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Afam4eva(m): 4:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
Ngwakwe: Am talking of serious contender who can secure ticket and run under the banner of AC.N as I don't foresee any other party winning Lagos in the foreseeable future

Now we're getting somewhere...

For a Non indigenous Lagosian to be elected as at now, the person should either be in ACN or PDP. Unfortunately, those that be in these parties will not let that happen. So, they have to settle for other parties. The good thing is whether they win or lose, they have proven a serious point.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Afam4eva(m): 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
OAM4J:

Appointing one or few people/technocrats to satisfy an interest group by the Governor is not equal to to electing the Governor that appoints this cabinet. Talking about present day Lagos state, give me one name, just one non Yoruba name that is capable of wining Lagos in 2015. Like Gbawe stated, any non Yoruba desiring to govern Lagos must start getting involved and prove himself to the generality of Lagosians over a period of time that he truly love the state and he is working for the interest of the state.
Are we talking of a Non-Lagosian or Non-Yoruba cos you're confusing me here. Isn't this about indiegenous thingy? Non-Lagosians whether Yoruba or not are in the same box.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by T9ksy(m): 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva:
Residents vote for a governor and not indigenes. The indigenes of Lagos are not even up to 10% of the population. I'm even just being generous.

But why the hell are you ibos fixated on Lagos? why not other northern cities where you also have a sizeable population with huge investments?

I can confidently tell you that the day "residents" of lagos state vote an ibo man in as governor, will see a revisit of the old "wild wild west".

Oh btw, i deliberately chose to ignore the statistical figure you conjure from thin air. You ibos are just fond of making up figures that suits your fancy.

generous indeed! Yorubas prolly make up 5% of Lagos population-time we give you ibos, the "northern treatment"!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by OAM4J: 4:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva:
Are we talking of a Non-Lagosian or Non-Yoruba cos you're confusing me here. Isn't this about indiegenous thingy? Non-Lagosians whether Yoruba or not are in the same box.

refer to the thread title.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Afam4eva(m): 4:17pm On Jan 06, 2013
T9ksy:

But why the hell are you ibos fixated on Lagos? why not other northern cities where you also have a sizeable population with huge investments?

I can confidently tell you that the day "residents" of lagos state vote an ibo man in as governor, will see a revisit of the old "wild wild west".

Oh btw, i deliberately chose to ignore the statistical figure you conjure from thin air. You ibos are just fond of making up figures that suits your fancy.

generous indeed! Yorubas prolly make up 5% of Lagos population-time we give you ibos, the "northern treatment"!
I said indigenes and not Yoruba people. You're just being mischievous.

Btw, people who live in Lagos will be fixated on Lagos while people who live in Kano will be fixated on Kano. Most people you hear talking about non-indigene governor of Lagos, live in Lagos.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
shymexx: I asked Gbawe these questions, however, he's yet to provide any cogent answers... I'll pose the same questions to the myopic clowns on this thread as well...

Quote 1:
My point is that if it's not possible for someone like Chief Negro_ntns who has his ancestry in Lagos but was born and raised in Kano to contest for the governorship position of Kano, why should other people who're not from Lagos be vying to rule the place

Who said it isn't possible for him to vie for the governorship position in his state? He can contest, but he cant be sure of winning. It'll even be harder for him to win the lagos gubernatorial than it'll be to win that of kano state. Tinubu's ancestry isn't in lagos, even fashola too, but they are past democratically elected governors of lagos state.

shymexx:
[i]That's wishful thinking in a tribalised society... There's nothing "indolent" about doing right thing within the context in which it's done.. It only becomes problematic when pseudo-modern thinkers continue to preach their idealist theories to the choir just to suit their own personal interests... If that's what is attainable across the board - why should Lagos be singled out by pseudo-modern thinkers for their idealist fantasies??

Thats the crux of the matter here- tribalism.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva:
I'll advise you to come and spend one year in Nigeria because the way you talk like a google Nigerian. Nothing stops an Adebisi from contesting to be a governor in Kano or Anambra. Nothing stops an Uche from contesting to represent Lagos or Zamfara in the senate and nothiong stops an Abubakar from contesting for any elective position in Lagos. It';s only in people's minds that they're restricted.

I'll also like to point out that your constant use of Scotland and England is not valid. These are countries for crying out loud and not states. Even at that, a Tony Blair could still choose to contest in Scotland and nothing will happen. He just chose to go to England instead. Correct me if i'm wrong.

At the end of the day, it's left for the Lagos electorate to accept or reject whoever they so pls. And pls Lagos electorate is different from Lagos indigenes.

That's still the same country - and Nigeria was a little bit like that during the first republic... I cited that because the ethnic make-up of the country is similar to Nigeria's - and they're both tribalised societies... Nothing stops an Adebisi from contesting on paper, however, how feasible is it??

Lagos indigenes hold the "ace" in the state and they'll to do so till the end of time... If foreigners don't like it, they might as well package their poverty ridden bags and head back to their home states!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Afam4eva(m): 4:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
OAM4J:

refer to the thread title.
Even the title is faulty. People just thinks any Yoruba person can just contest for any position in Lagos just because he's Yoruba. It doesn't work like that in Nigeria. It's as difficult for non-Lagos Yorubas as it is for Igbos, Hausa, Ijaws etc. The only thing they can do is to claim to be a Lagos indigene like some people have done in the past.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Afam4eva(m): 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2013
shymexx:

That's still the same country - and Nigeria was a little bit like that during the first republic... I cited that because the ethnic make-up of the country is similar to Nigeria's - and they're both tribalised societies... Nothing stops an Adebisi from contesting on paper, however, how feasible is it??

Lagos indigenes hold the "ace" in the state and they'll to do so till the end of time... If foreigners don't like it, they might as well package their poverty ridden bags and head back to their home states!
England and Scotland are not the same country. At least let's agree on that.

We're talking of Nigeria of today and not of the first republic.

What ace do Lagos indigenes hold apart from voting like everyone else. It's only on nairaland that i heard that someone can vote but not be voted for. lol.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by T9ksy(m): 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
My brother, you see, talk is cheap, action speaks louder than voice. Lagos does not belong to the Yorubas, it belongs to Nigerians. If you're fed up by the Igbos you see in Lagos, what stops you from acting ASAP?

Arh, my ibo brother, if there is something you guys still haven't learnt about us, is that we are not emotional like you lot. we are not impulsive.............we plan and calculate our moves before putting them into action but believe me, when we do, we always achieve our objective.

LAGOS IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE A YORUBA TOWN.

You guys just love fighting a lost cause which you termed, bravery but which we see as plian dumb and suicidal.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 06, 2013
I still maintain that a military government is the only kind of government thats suitable for unifying nigeria.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2013
J12:
Who said it isn't possible for him to vie for the governorship position in his state? He can contest, but he cant be sure of winning. It'll even be harder for him to win the lagos gubernatorial than it'll be to win that of kano state. Tinubu's ancestry isn't in lagos, even fashola too, but they are past democratically elected governors of lagos state.

It's only possible on paper, we all know that it's not possible unless all the Yoruba people want to be sent back to the SW in body bags... Tinubu and Fashola's ancestries might not be in Lagos, however, they got a pass because of their Yoruba heritage and their fraternisation... Non-yorubas will never get the same pass..

Thats the crux of the matter here- tribalism.

It has nothing to do with tribalism and more to do with greed... Why leave your own house to lord over the next man in his house?? These people are not refugees, or immigrants with nowhere to go back to - their home states are there in the same country... Why not go over there and contest?? This shows that Nigerians are naturally greedy - they always want to eat their cake and have it!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva:
England and Scotland are not the same country. At least let's agree on that.

We're talking of Nigeria of today and not of the first republic.

What ace do Lagos indigenes hold apart from voting like everyone else. It's only on nairaland that i heard that someone can vote but not be voted for. lol.

They're same COUNTRY(United Kingdom and Britain) - where the hell did we agree on anything?? I was alluding to the system of government, not the peaople and the ethnic groups... And Nigeria of today is still highly tribalised and territorial...

If the indigenes don't hold the ace, how come there are no non-yorubas representing the state at the senate and house??
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by T9ksy(m): 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva:
I said indigenes and not Yoruba people. You're just being mischievous.

Btw, people who live in Lagos will be fixated on Lagos while people who live in Kano will be fixated on Kano. Most people you hear talking about non-indigene governor of Lagos, live in Lagos.

Oh i see............so why then aren't the ibos living in kano not clamouring for an ibo governor in kano state?

Only ibos are fixated on lagos. No other group (living in the city) is agitating for non-indigene governorship of lagos. Just you ibos. Why oh why?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by OAM4J: 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva:
Even the title is faulty. People just thinks any Yoruba person can just contest for any position in Lagos just because he's Yoruba. It doesn't work like that in Nigeria. It's as difficult for non-Lagos Yorubas as it is for Igbos, Hausa, Ijaws etc. The only thing they can do is to claim to be a Lagos indigene like some people have done in the past.

Err.

It is a lot easier for Aregbesola to win election in Lagos than it will be for Chime or Akpabio in present day Lagos. Denial of this reality is delusional.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Afam4eva(m): 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
shymexx:

They're same COUNTRY(United Kingdom and Britain) - where the hell did we agree on anything?? I was alluding to the system of government, not the peaople and the ethnic groups... And Nigeria of today is still highly tribalised and territorial...

If the indigenes don't hold the ace, how come there are no non-yorubas representing the state at the senate and house??
No, they're not the same country. The only thing that Britain or the UK controls is defence and external affairs. Why do you always use England and Scotland as examples. Why not use a country that's very similar to Nigeria in both ethnic and political structure.

Like i said, in a democratic setting, power belongs to the people(electorate) who can vote and be voted for. As long as you can vote, you have the ace. Fashola won the governorship election not because of the indigenes but because of majority of Lagosians. They vote people that will perform.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Afam4eva(m): 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2013
OAM4J:

Err.

It is a lot easier for Aregbesola to win election in Lagos than it will be for Chime or Akpabio in present day Lagos. Denial of this reality is delusional.
yes, it might be easier but that does not change the fact that he's in the same quagmire that ever non-indigene is in. Why did he go to Osun to contest despite the fact that he had a good raport with Tinubu after serving as a commisioner in Lagos state. To an outsider who might just see a certain "femi" and conclude that he's a Lagosian because he's Yoruba, to the Lagos indiegene, it's not the same. Aregbesola's lineage can be traced to Osun and unfortunately for him, he can't deny it unlike some people that have ruled Lagos in the past.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva:
No, they're not the same country. The only thing that Britain or the UK controls is defence and external affairs. Why do you always use England and Scotland as examples. Why not use a country that's very similar to Nigeria in both ethnic and political structure.

Bwahahahahaha

How are they not the same country?? Bro., don't talk about what you know nothing about! It's the same country and the same international passport - and London still controls almost everything that happens in Scotland! And how's the UK different from Nigeria?? Or should we use Libya?? Ok, in Libya - someone from Benghazi isn't allowed to rule over Sirte...

Ok, let's go to Kenya - the Kikuyu people can't contest elections in a Masai region.... Do you need more examples

Like i said, in a democratic setting, power belongs to the people(electorate) who can vote and be voted for. As long as you can vote, you have the ace. Fashola won the governorship election not because of the indigenes but because of majority of Lagosians. They vote people that will perform.

Again bro., that's a fantasy on paper - it's not happening!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by T9ksy(m): 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2013
J12: I still maintain the a military government is the only kind of government thats suitable for unifying nigeria.

You cannot unify people by force. Below is a quote from AIhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balwa in 1948, who was then parliamentary leader of the Northern Peoples' Congress (NPC):

“Since 1914 the British Government has been trying to make Nigeria into one country, But the Nigeria people themselves are historically different in their background, in their religious beliefs and customs and do not show themselves any sign of willingness to unite.. . . Nigerian unity is only ct British intention for the country”'

And below is another quote by the same fella during the budget session of the same year:

“Many (Nigerians) deceive themselves by thinking that Nigeria is one, , . . .particuIarly some of the press people,. . This is wrong. I am sorry to say that this presence of unity is artificial and it ends outside this Chamber.. . The Southern tribes who are now pouring into the North in ever increasing numbers and are more or less domiciled here do not mix with the Northern peopIe,. . and we in the North look upon them as invaders.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
shymexx:

It's only possible on paper, we all know that it's not possible unless all the Yoruba people want to be sent back to the SW in body bags... Tinubu and Fashola's ancestries might not be in Lagos, however, they got a pass because of their Yoruba heritage and their fraternisation... Non-yorubas will never get the same pass..

During the 2007 elections, a lebanese who was born and bred in maidugri contested for a senatorial seat in the state. No one complained. Its a very realistic ambition for negro to contest for the office of the governor in kano state, so far he's a muslim, speaks fluent hausa and was born and bred in kano state.

shymexx: It has nothing to do with tribalism and more to do with greed... Why leave your own house to lord over the next man in his house?? These people are not refugees, or immigrants with nowhere to go back to - their home states are there in the same country... Why not go over there and contest?? This shows that Nigerians are naturally greedy - they always want to eat their cake and have it!

It has everything to do with tribalism. Nothing else, non lagosians(and non yorubas too) contributed immensely to the development of lagos state. They have every right vie for political positions if they are interested.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by OAM4J: 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva:
yes, it might be easier but that does not change the fact that he's in the same quagmire that ever non-indigene is in. Why did he go to Osun to contest despite the fact that he had a good raport with Tinubu after serving as a commisioner in Lagos state. To an outsider who might just see a certain "femi" and conclude that he's a Lagosian because he's Yoruba, to the Lagos indiegene, it's not the same. Aregbesola's lineage can be traced to Osun and unfortunately for him, he can't deny it unlike some people that have ruled Lagos in the past.

You are digressing. The OP talked about a Non Yoruba Governor for Lagos in 2015, Gbawe said it might be feasible in the future I agreed with him and equally said a non Yoruba willing to govern Lagos for the good of it will need to earn the trust of the people over time. You said some were trusted enough to be appointed as part of the cabinet I said appointed as a commissioner is different from being elected as the governor, then you went on about it being same for Non Lagosian-Yoruba and Non Yoruba and I gave you an example of Aregbesola vs Chime/Akpabio wanting to govern Lagos.

What exactly is your point/argument from my 1st post?

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2013
T9ksy:

You cannot unify people by force. Below is a quote from AIhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balwa in 1948, who was then parliamentary leader of the Northern Peoples' Congress (NPC):

And below is another quote by the same fella during the budget session of the same year:

Sure you can't, but it helps. We were amalgamated by the british in 1914, we're still living together as country since then. Force is a very powerful tool
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Afam4eva(m): 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
OAM4J:

You are digressing. The OP talked about a Non Yoruba Governor for Lagos in 2015, Gbawe said it might be feasible in the future I agreed with him and equally said a non Yoruba willing to govern Lagos for the good of it will need to earn the trust of the people over time. You said some were trusted enough to be appointed as part of the cabinet I said appointed as a commissioner is different from being elected as the governor, then you went on about it being same for Non Lagosian-Yoruba and Non Yoruba and I gave you an example of Aregbesola vs Chime/Akpabio wanting to govern Lagos.

What exactly is your point/argument from my 1st post?
My point is that it will happen when it will happen. There's nothing stopping it. Maybe Non-indigenes are not just interested in the whole Lagos politics as been painted. If a Yoruba woman can become a senator on the North then all this ones na just story. Trust or whatever has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
J12:
During the 2007 elections, a lebanese who was born and bred in maidugri contested for a senatorial seat in the state. No one complained. Its a very realistic ambition for negro to contest for the office of the governor in kano state, so far he's a muslim, speaks fluent hausa and was born and bred in kano state.

But did he win?? However, that's a guy whose ancestry isn't in Nigeria but has become a Nigerian because he was born and raised in Nigeria... He should be allowed to contest and be voted for since his pseudo-ancestry is in the North and nowhere else in the same country... Anyone whose ancestry is in the country shouldn't get the same pass...

Stop comparing apples to oranges...

It has everything to do with tribalism. Nothing else, non lagosians(and non yorubas too) contributed immensely to the development of lagos state. They have every right vie for political positions if they are interested.

They contributed to the development of the state and Lagos indigenes also provided them with the environment to thrive - so that should cancel out whatever development(s) they contributed to the state...

Again, it has more to do with greed and not tribalism... Why try to lord over the next man's house when you have got your own house??
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by OAM4J: 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva:
My point is that it will happen when it will happen. There's nothing stopping it. Maybe Non-indigenes are not just interested in the whole Lagos politics as been painted. If a Yoruba woman can become a senator on the North then all this ones na just story. Trust or whatever has absolutely nothing to do with it.

So people will willingly vote for someone they don't trust, especially one they consider as an outsider?

Its ok, you are entitled to your opinion.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Afam4eva(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2013
OAM4J:

So people will willingly vote for someone they don't trust, especially one they consider as an outsider?

Its ok, you are entitled to your opinion.
Who is an outsider and who's not. So, someone who was born in Lagos or has lived there most of his life is an outsider. So, someone like Shymmex who has never set foot in Nigeria, will come back and automatically not be a stranger because he's an indigene? If the non-indigene Lagosians can be trusted to vote for a governor then trust is not an issue here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

CPC Replies Asari Dokubo: You Will Recant After 2015 . / Supreme Court Strikes Out Suit Challenging Gov Wike's Eligibility / Sylvester Oromoni: Police Say Investigation Into Student's Death Is Ongoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.