Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will (18287 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God / Was Man Created Before Satan Rebelled Against God or After? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 24, 2013
favouryemmy:
The truth is the truth any day. Same sex marrriage is a grievious sin and is the will of the devil. Plz read the book of Romans chapter 1 from verse 18 ff.

Fook Romans chapter 8!
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by thehomer: 4:27am On Jan 24, 2013
mukolo_Andy:

U read d bible, no doubt.. Buh, ur post clearly shows u hav no "understanding of d bible"

I'm sure that you're the one that has "understanding of the Bible". What does your understanding tell you about the Biblical God's recommendation that you kill your family if they change their religion?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by thehomer: 4:31am On Jan 24, 2013
loswhite: a case of a mad man calling a normal person mad . It is ur statement that don't make sense. I wonder if u will b alive today if ur father was a gay. It appears that animals are more sensible after all u don't see a male dog bleepin anoda male dog

Wow what a senseless response. Whether or not I'm alive doesn't change the fact that homosexuals shouldn't be discriminated against on that basis. Is it dogs that let you know what is sensible to do? We often see dogs barking at each other. Do you also go around barking at other people or do you bark at dogs?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by thehomer: 4:36am On Jan 24, 2013
Image123:
A christian is a follower and disciple of Jesus Christ. A christian obeys the Bible. A gay is an homosexual. Homosexuality is not permitted by the christian's bible.
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

So as a Christian, will you kill your children for changing their religious beliefs? Will you kill anyone you identify to be a witch or a homosexual? Dp you mix the fabric that you wear? By your reasoning, disobeying any of these commands means you're not a Christian.

Image123:
On colours, you can ask God when you see Him. Black connotes darkness, white connotes light.The christian is in spotless white, not ash or gray.

Even when the Christian steals, lies, cheats, bears false witness or performs any of the numerous evil acts that they do?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by thehomer: 4:38am On Jan 24, 2013
Image123:
you also need advice, except you are insincere about learning the truth of the christian faith, and are only interested on each individual opinion. The Bible is available at your disposal.

Obviously, you're the one being insincere because the person I responded to clearly said that all sins were inborn. Have you corrected that person before coming to me? First take the log out of your friend's eye before coming to see me.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by alexis(m): 4:54am On Jan 24, 2013
Kay 17:

Marriage is actually partnership based on matrimonal privileges. Its btw the parties, not the State and the parties or the Church and the parties.

Reproduction is not a prerequisite of marriage so reproductive compatibility isn't an issue.

Marriage can be contracted on the basis of love, if the parties believe that they are insanely in love, the state can not stop them.

Given that the Nigerian constitution espouses a right to association, it means that ppl are entitled to freely bond partnerships upon whatever terms and conditions they choose including matrimonial privileges.

By your definition, if someone sincerely falls in love with his dog, they can get married?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by alexis(m): 4:57am On Jan 24, 2013
Zodiac61:

Are you so ignorant that you need a lesson in human reproduction?
The one thing I can tell you is that there is no god involved grin grin grin
Did your god care for and love those kids who were killed in Newtown?
Did he care for those five people who were beheaded in Nigeria recently?
If he did, he certainly has a very funny way of showing it.
On the other hand, maybe there is no god, and people like you need to find a different comfort blanket.

So, are you saying there is no God because He "permits" evil to happen?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Akiika: 4:58am On Jan 24, 2013
The mini god /daddy of some Nigerians no dey preach about the corruption in the society, na to vacate podium for corruption in chief Jonathan he Sabi.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by TotoLicker: 6:22am On Jan 24, 2013
Pastor Adeboye said:
People should walk in the light of God and forsake acts that are traceable to darkness.

Do as I say not as I do okay.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Symphony007: 7:49am On Jan 24, 2013
alexis:

The issue is about Gays and the Bible stand on it. The pastor has come out to speak on it and condemn it unlike the thousands of clergy men in the West that are trying to be politically correct and keep quiet. Not corruption in Nigeria. You can open a thread on that and the pastor supposedly corruption issue you mentioned as well.

Gays have a right to life, love and live like everyone else - no doubt about it. However, the Bible stand is firm on the issue. IT DOESN'T SUPPORT IT.
yes, the bible also talks about stoning the adulterous why is'nt it done today? The bible talks about capital purnishment of death for not obeying the sabath, the talks alot about the death penalty for lots of things. Why is'nt that being done today? Why cherry picking the things you like(anti-gay) and ignoring the things you want to avoid( death penalty).
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Adwexky(m): 7:56am On Jan 24, 2013
Heathen: If its against his will then why is it happening?

because God is patient does not mean that He is not aware.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Ccdavies(m): 8:55am On Jan 24, 2013
thehomer: The statements of this pastor while ignorant are the sorts of things one comes to expect from faithheads.

Of course the same God who didn't think slavery and child sacrifice were anathema.

For some reason, the things that darkness produces are very abundant in Nigeria where his prayers haven't really been helping.

The multiple levels of ignorance implied by this statement is staggering. Where does he think homosexual people come from? Why does he think that if homosexuals are free to get married, they will somehow magically make everyone else homosexual. And does he think that producing children is the only purpose of marriage?

These statements make no sense but he goes to a university to say it. I only hope that critical thinkers in that university were able to counter those statements.
who brought dis cow rearer 2coment hia..mek tundr fire u dia
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 9:20am On Jan 24, 2013
jmoore:
so the state should legalize bestial marriage too because your brother loves a goat and wants to marry the goat? smh marriage is between a man and a woman!

what a crap talk when gay advocates say that reproduction should not be in the picture yet they want to adopt a baby who is product of a heterosexual reproduction or they go for surrogate which is also a product of heterosexual reproduction.

If a goat is able to proclaim its love for your brother, I don't think you should feel concerned. It is between both of them. However as a goat can't talk let us stay on gays who can express themselves.

I believe that reproduction should be in the picture if they want to reproduce. Thanks to scientific development, there are other means of reproducing than sticking a prick in a puccy: clonning, IVF, etc.

Because your omnimpotent god made mistakes does not mean that people should continue suffering ignorantly.

Please also note that not all (married) heterosexuals want babies. Are those marriages null?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by jmoore(m): 9:30am On Jan 24, 2013
advocate666:

If a goat is able to proclaim its love for your brother, I don't think you should feel concerned. It is between both of them. However as a goat can't talk let us stay on gays who can express themselves.

I believe that reproduction should be in the picture if they want to reproduce. Thanks to scientific development, there are other means of reproducing than sticking a prick in a puccy: clonning, IVF, etc.

only people with life below that of animals try to justify homosexuality.
The pastor spoke what is in the bible, he said nothing new.
No one is born gay, it is a choice just like stealing,raping etc

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Wahala90: 10:03am On Jan 24, 2013
Don't be confused. Atheism is the first initiation step to satanism; you must reject God first.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by dagr8(m): 10:07am On Jan 24, 2013
jmoore: only people with life below that of animals try to justify homosexuality.

CHOP KNUCKLE...WELL SAID grin grin grin
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by UnderDaRadar: 10:18am On Jan 24, 2013
I have an important question here. My little 7yr old nephew loves to play with dolls and is quite very effeminate, he walks with a swing and we as family members are quite sure he's gay or gonna be gay. Now do we kill him, cos he's obviously an abomination, do we chain him to pastor adeboye's pulpit and exorcise the gayness out of him, do we fast and pray and plead with God that he made a mistake in giving us a gay beautiful boy, afterall we all are gifts from God, don't know why he chose to give us a gay one though when He knows its sinful to be gay. Bear in mind this kid is too young to understand sexuality or sex for that matter.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Kay17: 10:31am On Jan 24, 2013
jmoore: only people with life below that of animals try to justify homosexuality.

I don tire for u ppl, petty shallow talk.

If homosexuality can be compared with bestiality, same also heterosexuality. Besides most ppl that indulge in bestiality ban.g the opposite sex animal sef! Meaning heterosexuality is closer to bestialty!!

However I mentioned partnership, its obvious you didn't read my post.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 10:43am On Jan 24, 2013
SpicyMimi:
Lmfaooooooooooooooo!!!! So no be only advocate Chaiii....sorry please are u a Nigerian
Me i no fit preach dis night sha, feeling sleepy already! I dont know abt u, bt there is a God nd He has actually done amazing things for me!
I cn rmber i wanted to b a prefect during my high skul days, bt i knew it cudnt work out cause i ws d most quiet gal in class nd my class teacher didnt even know i existed cuz we were many...i just told God my wish, nd wen d list came out my name wsnt on it, i wsnt suprised though...after 2weeks of releasn d list, i ws walkn thru d corridor then my class teacher saw me nd called me by name...she said '' oh, i hope u r among d acting prefects? Nd i said No ma...then she rushed to her office nd added my name to d list, i was shocked! I cudnt believe my eyes and ears...cuz we never communicated before, and she called my name! I knew it was God working!
Or is it abt my frd that was kidnapped by ritualists and escaped after being kidnapped for 11days?
Or is it abt how God saved me frm a wicked elderly man who wanted to murder me at the age of 10?
Or is it abt how God saved my Mum frm sinking inside soak away?
Or is it abt how i got lost in a strange place when i was just 5years old, bt found my way back home without anyone helpn me excpt God?
Or is it abt how my Aunty lied to d police in Germany that she was pregnant, and when they got to d hospital to confirm, they found out that my aunty who has been hoping to God for years, was actually pregnant without her knowing it She almst fainted!
I mean so many things! Enough things around u proves that God exists, u just trying to make ursef not to believe it! You cant xplain how d world is so perfect, can u?

He lives even inside You!

Typical brainwashed nigerian.

Who is this god that allows bad things to start happenning to you before coming to save you?

Who is this god that could only manifest itself with a lie by your auntie in Germany? What has this god got against germans that no German is forced to resort to lying about pregnancy to nigerian police?

I would rather be a calm, happy, truthful godless german than a lying panicky godly nigerian.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 10:45am On Jan 24, 2013
Hardfact: @Kay 17, and Gays in the house, plz I ask if one wants, how can one become gay? I learnt that gays have bleeding an.us, haemoroids, or something like that, how true? Plz reply.

The same way one can become heterosexual.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 10:52am On Jan 24, 2013
alexis:

By your definition, if someone sincerely falls in love with his dog, they can get married?

No, he didn't say that. We are talking about humans here.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 10:54am On Jan 24, 2013
alexis:

So, are you saying there is no God because He "permits" evil to happen?

no. he is saying that the idea of an omnipotent loving god is sheer nonsense as it is incompatible with the existence of evil.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 10:56am On Jan 24, 2013
Adwexky:

because God is patient does not mean that He is not aware.

or because he doesn't exist. Exactly the same result. Your god is as efficient as a fart.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 11:01am On Jan 24, 2013
debosky:

This is appropriate for the church, but cannot be enforced on the wider society that comprises of Christians, Muslims, animists, atheists and others.

Besides, why the undue focus on sexuality and not on the obvious ills destroying Nigeria? Homosexuality has been 'spreading' so fast that despite it being permissible, only 1.5% of UK citizens call themselves homosexual?

What percentage of Nigerians lie, steal, cheat etc.? How much of that do we hear preached?

I'm not enforcing it, there's nothing wrong showing and warning everyone. God is not limited to the church, if the consequences come, it affects all. i don't see the focus on sexuality, how many threads are on it? how many messages did you hear on it? Were you at any of the campgrounds and programs held last month, redeem, winners, mfm, deeper etc? Was their message focus on sexuality or only sexual sins? Why does it appear to me that you're making hasty assumptions.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 11:03am On Jan 24, 2013

Even if it a choice, (which is clearly is not) you can't compare it to stealing, raping etc because those are acts that are imposed on and harm other people. Homosexuality does not harm anybody but rather brings pleasure to those that practice it. It could be a great family life for a couple that love each other. Children are being raised by openly gay families.
How many families are based on stealing and rape?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 11:04am On Jan 24, 2013
Wahala90: Don't be confused. Atheism is the first initiation step to satanism; you must reject God first.

I agree. Atheism opens your eyes. Satanism fulfills your life.
Glory be to Satan now and forever more.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 11:06am On Jan 24, 2013
UnderDaRadar: I have an important question here. My little 7yr old nephew loves to play with dolls and is quite very effeminate, he walks with a swing and we as family members are quite sure he's gay or gonna be gay. Now do we kill him, cos he's obviously an abomination, do we chain him to pastor adeboye's pulpit and exorcise the gayness out of him, do we fast and pray and plead with God that he made a mistake in giving us a gay beautiful boy, afterall we all are gifts from God, don't know why he chose to give us a gay one though when He knows its sinful to be gay. Bear in mind this kid is too young to understand sexuality or sex for that matter.

I hope your question is sarcasm because if you are seriously considere any of the things you mentionned, then I pity that beautiful boy.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 11:12am On Jan 24, 2013
Kay 17: @image123

From your conclusion, I can safely conclude that there are no Christians in Nigeria.

Homosexuality isn't yet criminalized in Nigeria so its not a crime for now. However should all abnormal things be criminalized??
there are Christians but they are not using their powers. There's a lot of iniquity abounding and the love of many waxing cold like Jesus said. I'm not in the legal system and can't dictate what should be criminalised. But sin is sin.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Yooguyz: 11:20am On Jan 24, 2013
advocate666:

I agree. Atheism opens your eyes. Satanism fulfills your life.
Glory be to Satan now and forever more.
hahahahahahaha
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by UnderDaRadar: 12:11pm On Jan 24, 2013
advocate666:

I hope your question is sarcasm because if you are seriously considere any of the things you mentionned, then I pity that beautiful boy.

Sarcasm of course, being gay is much more than a guy sticking his penis into another dude's anus, which of cos some heterosexuals do with girls. It entails thinking, perception, taste in music, color, movies, etc ...should I force Rap on a 7yr old who love Spice Girls and dressing up. We love him irrespective of his future sexual orientation, and if we mere mortals can love s1 so different from the norm then why wud his Creator, God despise him.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by iSoldier: 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2013
Though i just wish that those supporting gays wold be just clearheaded for once, if you know the true meaning of following Christ you know that there is no room for homosexuality in christianity. so i think they should just forget about putting the pressure on the church to condone it, there is no grey area btw the two. if the gays want acceptance they should just go and form their own religion, and stop trying to change christians to accept them, its just foolhardy. There is no way if you go through the bible and you find support for that, argue it with the best philosophical arguement, it wont bulge. and i think the West wants to put political pressure on the church to accept it, but they forget that ther is a spiritual side to it, it wont just work so they should stop trying

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Kay17: 1:18pm On Jan 24, 2013
Image123:
there are Christians but they are not using their powers. There's a lot of iniquity abounding and the love of many waxing cold like Jesus said. I'm not in the legal system and can't dictate what should be criminalised. But sin is sin.

But earlier you said christians are sinleSs and pure dUE to the exercise of their power frm Christ. If such power isn't exercised, they wouldn't be Christians in the first place!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? / What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? / 'Thank You Lord' By Paul Enenche: Glory Dome Docu-Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.