Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will (18288 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God / Was Man Created Before Satan Rebelled Against God or After? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by loswhite(m): 10:30pm On Jan 23, 2013
advocate666:

Imagine how gay christians feel when they read this type of opinion from their fellow christians.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by loswhite(m): 10:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
Bélla3: Erm... Wouldnt enforcing your veiws on them be the same as forcing your religion on them? That would be against human rights?

Christianity is nt by force, let the gays live their lifes.
The only thing wrong is using the bible to justify their claims.
pls can u define human right
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Kay17: 10:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
loswhite: u must be a very sick person. There is no such tin as gay Christian.

If a christian is a person without sins then there are no christians, because the only christian would be the perfect Christ!
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by sobastical: 10:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
Some times I feel like regretting opening some thread due to overwhelming blasphemous comment. Jesus is coming soon!
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Kay17: 10:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
jmoore:
marriage is the union of a man and a woman, the gays should leave marriage out of this. The emphasis is on marriage, if your brother wants to mate a goat thats his business but he should not seek for the country give him a legal recognition to marry the goat.

Marriage is actually partnership based on matrimonal privileges. Its btw the parties, not the State and the parties or the Church and the parties.

Reproduction is not a prerequisite of marriage so reproductive compatibility isn't an issue.

Marriage can be contracted on the basis of love, if the parties believe that they are insanely in love, the state can not stop them.

Given that the Nigerian constitution espouses a right to association, it means that ppl are entitled to freely bond partnerships upon whatever terms and conditions they choose including matrimonial privileges.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 10:55pm On Jan 23, 2013
Kay 17: Whether or not homosexuality should be legalized is entirely a secular issue.

To the christians, does the Christian concept of love change in the face of persecution of homosexuals?

Isn't the idea of sin and man; that man is irretrivable flawed to resist sin?

Given that all sins are equal, why does homosexuality attract this much attention?
All sins are not equal, i wonder where you got that idea. Man can say no to sin by accepting Jesus Christ as his Saviour. man has that choice to make. What is persecution of homosexuals, speaking against homosexuality?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Kay17: 11:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
All sins are not equal, i wonder where you got that idea. Man can say no to sin by accepting Jesus Christ as his Saviour. man has that choice to make. What is persecution of homosexuals, speaking against homosexuality?

Legislations of criminalization and ostracism.

You mean to say that once a man acts JC as his saviour, he becomes perfect??
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by SpicyMimi(f): 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
advocate666:

The choice is already made. There is no god.
Good for you! So u created urself ba? See ignorance ooooo! So pple like u stil dey dis world wid everthn happening around d world? Choi! There is a God dear, He exists, loves and cares for you!

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 11:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
debosky:

I have to say I agree with this - homosexuals aren't 'infectious'. Allowing them to marry will not affect the rest of the population in any shape or form. If you are homosexual, marrying or not marrying will not change your orientation.

Gay marriage is permitted in the US - their population is not shrinking. Gay civil union is permitted in the UK - their population continues to grow as well.

Sin is always infectious. It's like mould in bread, it spreads.
Ecc 9:18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good.
Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

When a dirty ragged person is coming closer to a clean set of people, it is the clean set of people that are more careful as not to lose their whiteness. Like the bolded part of your quote, their population continues to grow as well. We don't need more Achans as stumbling blocks around us. Your careless neighbour that plays with fire and guns is your business. One day, he may burn your house down also, mistakenly or knowingly, or he may shoot your son or teach/influence your daughter to live like him. Or you won't speak with your gay neighbours or permit your kids to go play with the nice couple?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Zodiac61(m): 11:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
SpicyMimi:
Good for you! So u created urself ba? See ignorance ooooo! So pple like u stil dey dis world wid everthn happening around d world? Choi! There is a God dear, He exists, loves and cares for you!

Are you so ignorant that you need a lesson in human reproduction?
The one thing I can tell you is that there is no god involved grin grin grin
Did your god care for and love those kids who were killed in Newtown?
Did he care for those five people who were beheaded in Nigeria recently?
If he did, he certainly has a very funny way of showing it.
On the other hand, maybe there is no god, and people like you need to find a different comfort blanket.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Hardfact: 11:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
Plz , Gays in the house, if one wants, how can one become gay? I learnt that gays have bleeding an.us, haemoroids, or something like that, how true?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by SpicyMimi(f): 11:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
With all the beautiful and hot ladies around, i wonder why any man should feel attracted to his fellow man...wait o! So if u r a gay and Kim Kardashian is trippn for u like madt, you mean u gonna turn her down? grin

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Zodiac61(m): 11:12pm On Jan 23, 2013
SpicyMimi: With all the beautiful and hot ladies around, i wonder why any man should feel attracted to his fellow man...wait o! So if u r a gay and Kim Kardashian is trippn for u like madt, you mean u gonna turn her down? grin
Your ignorance appears to know no bounds
Gay men are not sexually attracted to women, no matter how attractive the woman is.
Besides, if Kim Kardashian is your idea of womanhood, I am sorry for you.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 11:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
Kay 17:

It is criminal and abnormal, just as stealing is criminal and abnormal, just like murder and lying are criminal and abnormal. No one is ostracising them, but we are telling them to behave responsibly as human beings.
i guess you refer to Jesus Christ as JC? If yes, once any man accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, the man receives power to sin no more.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
But power is a thing of choice, you can switch it on or off. There can be power and you switch off your T.V or fan or iron. The same sense, one can have power to resist sin and not use it/switch it on. This is usually due to ignorance, many christians are ignorant of the power in them. Its like there is light from the PHCN but you put off all your lights. You can put on all your lights and use the power you receive to say no to sin, and do the right thing. it's called overcoming temptation. The man may be tempted to steal, or kill, or lie, or fornicate, or engage in homosexuality, you simply decide to switch on the power and say no. Sinners don't have such power. they may have strong will and discipline, but it is incomparable to the power that any christian has at his disposal. It's like comparing AA tiger battey power to a 50KVA diesel generator's power, plain ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
Kay 17:

It is criminal and abnormal, just as stealing is criminal and abnormal, just like murder and lying are criminal and abnormal. No one is ostracising them, but we are telling them to behave responsibly as human beings.
i guess you refer to Jesus Christ as JC? If yes, once any man accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, the man receives power to sin no more.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
But power is a thing of choice, you can switch it on or off. There can be power and you switch off your T.V or fan or iron. The same sense, one can have power to resist sin and not use it/switch it on. This is usually due to ignorance, many christians are ignorant of the power in them. Its like there is light from the PHCN but you put off all your lights. You can put on all your lights and use the power you receive to say no to sin, and do the right thing. it's called overcoming temptation. The man may be tempted to steal, or kill, or lie, or fornicate, or engage in homosexuality, you simply decide to switch on the power and say no. Sinners don't have such power. they may have strong will and discipline, but it is incomparable to the power that any christian has at his disposal. It's like comparing AA tiger battey power to a 50KVA diesel generator's power, plain ridiculous.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by jmoore(m): 11:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
Kay 17:

Marriage is actually partnership based on matrimonal privileges. Its btw the parties, not the State and the parties or the Church and the parties.

Reproduction is not a prerequisite of marriage so reproductive compatibility isn't an issue.

Marriage can be contracted on the basis of love, if the parties believe that they are insanely in love, the state can not stop them.
so the state should legalize bestial marriage too because your brother loves a goat and wants to marry the goat? smh marriage is between a man and a woman!

what a crap talk when gay advocates say that reproduction should not be in the picture yet they want to adopt a baby who is product of a heterosexual reproduction or they go for surrogate which is also a product of heterosexual reproduction.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by dagr8(m): 11:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
Bélla3: Erm... Wouldnt enforcing your veiws on them be the same as forcing your religion on them? That would be against human rights?

Christianity is nt by force, let the gays live their lifes.
The only thing wrong is using the bible to justify their claims.

Who is forcing who here? Did u read d post at all
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by debosky(m): 11:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
Sin is always infectious. It's like mould in bread, it spreads.
Ecc 9:18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good.
Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

This is appropriate for the church, but cannot be enforced on the wider society that comprises of Christians, Muslims, animists, atheists and others.

Besides, why the undue focus on sexuality and not on the obvious ills destroying Nigeria? Homosexuality has been 'spreading' so fast that despite it being permissible, only 1.5% of UK citizens call themselves homosexual?

What percentage of Nigerians lie, steal, cheat etc.? How much of that do we hear preached?

When a dirty ragged person is coming closer to a clean set of people, it is the clean set of people that are more careful as not to lose their whiteness. Like the bolded part of your quote, their population continues to grow as well. We don't need more Achans as stumbling blocks around us. Your careless neighbour that plays with fire and guns is your business. One day, he may burn your house down also, mistakenly or knowingly, or he may shoot your son or teach/influence your daughter to live like him.

So Image - if you are surrounded by gay neighbours you'll become gay? cheesy

Fire and guns are quite ridiculous examples - those items by definition destroy by causing harm, not something practiced in the bedroom.

[quote]Or you won't speak with your gay neighbours or permit your kids to go play with the nice couple?

My dad's neighbours were Muslims, I went to play with them - did it make me Muslim? cheesy

No one is saying permit homosexuals in Church - just don't make ridiculous statements like gay marriage will wipe out humanity in 20 years.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by SpicyMimi(f): 11:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
Zodiac61:

Are you so ignorant that you need a lesson in human reproduction?
The one thing I can tell you is that there is no god involved grin grin grin
Did your god care for and love those kids who were killed in Newtown?
Did he care for those five people who were beheaded in Nigeria recently?
If he did, he certainly has a very funny way of showing it.
On the other hand, maybe there is no god, and people like you need to find a different comfort blanket.
Lmfaooooooooooooooo!!!! So no be only advocate Chaiii....sorry please are u a Nigerian
Me i no fit preach dis night sha, feeling sleepy already! I dont know abt u, bt there is a God nd He has actually done amazing things for me!
I cn rmber i wanted to b a prefect during my high skul days, bt i knew it cudnt work out cause i ws d most quiet gal in class nd my class teacher didnt even know i existed cuz we were many...i just told God my wish, nd wen d list came out my name wsnt on it, i wsnt suprised though...after 2weeks of releasn d list, i ws walkn thru d corridor then my class teacher saw me nd called me by name...she said '' oh, i hope u r among d acting prefects? Nd i said No ma...then she rushed to her office nd added my name to d list, i was shocked! I cudnt believe my eyes and ears...cuz we never communicated before, and she called my name! I knew it was God working!
Or is it abt my frd that was kidnapped by ritualists and escaped after being kidnapped for 11days?
Or is it abt how God saved me frm a wicked elderly man who wanted to murder me at the age of 10?
Or is it abt how God saved my Mum frm sinking inside soak away?
Or is it abt how i got lost in a strange place when i was just 5years old, bt found my way back home without anyone helpn me excpt God?
Or is it abt how my Aunty lied to d police in Germany that she was pregnant, and when they got to d hospital to confirm, they found out that my aunty who has been hoping to God for years, was actually pregnant without her knowing it She almst fainted!
I mean so many things! Enough things around u proves that God exists, u just trying to make ursef not to believe it! You cant xplain how d world is so perfect, can u?

He lives even inside You!
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Kay17: 11:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
@image123

From your conclusion, I can safely conclude that there are no Christians in Nigeria.

Homosexuality isn't yet criminalized in Nigeria so its not a crime for now. However should all abnormal things be criminalized??

@jmoore

Did you read what I posted?? Can u have a partnership with a goat?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Kay17: 11:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
SpicyMimi:
Lmfaooooooooooooooo!!!! So no be only advocate Chaiii....sorry please are u a Nigerian
Me i no fit preach dis night sha, feeling sleepy already! I dont know abt u, bt there is a God nd He has actually done amazing things for me!
I cn rmber i wanted to b a prefect during my high skul days, bt i knew it cudnt work out cause i ws d most quiet gal in class nd my class teacher didnt even know i existed cuz we were many...i just told God my wish, nd wen d list came out my name wsnt on it, i wsnt suprised though...after 2weeks of releasn d list, i ws walkn thru d corridor then my class teacher saw me nd called me by name...she said '' oh, i hope u r among d acting prefects? Nd i said No ma...then she rushed to her office nd added my name to d list, i was shocked! I cudnt believe my eyes and ears...cuz we never communicated before, and she called my name! I knew it was God working!
Or is it abt my frd that was kidnapped by ritualists and escaped after being kidnapped for 11days?
Or is it abt how God saved me frm a wicked elderly man who wanted to murder me at the age of 10?
Or is it abt how God saved my Mum frm sinking inside soak away?
Or is it abt how i got lost in a strange place when i was just 5years old, bt found my way back home without anyone helpn me excpt God?
Or is it abt how my Aunty lied to d police in Germany that she was pregnant, and when they got to d hospital to confirm, they found out that my aunty who has been hoping to God for years, was actually pregnant without her knowing it She almst fainted!
I mean so many things! Enough things around u proves that God exists, u just trying to make ursef not to believe it! You cant xplain how d world is so perfect, can u?

He lives even inside You!

Good story. Also if we can provide a convincing list of tragedies then God doesn't exist

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Hardfact: 11:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
@Kay 17, and Gays in the house, plz I ask if one wants, how can one become gay? I learnt that gays have bleeding an.us, haemoroids, or something like that, how true? Plz reply.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by loswhite(m): 11:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
mukolo_Andy:

U read d bible, no doubt.. Buh, ur post clearly shows u hav no "understanding of d bible"
u no dey see d name.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by favouryemmy: 11:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
lekanolas: The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye yesterday described same sex marriage legalised in some countries as anathema to God’s will and instruction.

Adeboye, who spoke at the New Year thanksgiving organised by the Joint Christian Mission of the Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Ile-Ife, described same sex marriage as anti- God and ungodly.

The cleric condemned the act, which, he said, could draw backward the biblical doctrinal principle of God in humanity.

He said: “People should walk in the light of God and forsake acts that are traceable to darkness. Darkness is bad, it is evil. It produces poverty, hatred, sorrow, barenness and loneliness, but light produces love, peace, joy, promotion and faithfulness.

“Darkness is capable of wrecking havoc in the country, and Nigerian leaders should try to shun acts of darkness in 2013 for the nation to enjoy peace.”

The GO added that the will of God for human being is to be fruitful, replenish and multiply on earth and argued that same sex marriage was capable of wiping out human race within just 20 years.

Adeboye said anything contrary to man and woman marriage was devilish. He said: “Same sex marriage is anathema to God’s will and instruction.

The will of God for human being is to be fruitful, replenish and multiply on earth and anything contrary to that is devilish.”

“How can a man who marries a fellow man produce a child and how can a woman who marries a woman produce a child? “If this evil is allowed to stay, there will not be new born babies again in the world.

As the older generation dies, would there be new generation to succeed? Even plants and animals have new generation to succeed them.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/same-sex-marriage-against-gods-will-adeboye
The truth is the truth any day. Same sex marrriage is a grievious sin and is the will of the devil. Plz read the book of Romans chapter 1 from verse 18 ff.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by loswhite(m): 11:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
Kay 17: Whether or not homosexuality should be legalized is entirely a secular issue.

To the christians, does the Christian concept of love change in the face of persecution of homosexuals?

Isn't the idea of sin and man; that man is irretrivable flawed to resist sin?

Given that all sins are equal, why does homosexuality attract this much attention?
it is because other sins are not promoted n supported by d world most powerful man, president of the United States n other western powers.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by jmoore(m): 12:04am On Jan 24, 2013
Kay 17:

@jmoore

Did you read what I posted?? Can u have a partnership with a goat?
the same insanity where a man have s-ex with a man is similar to a man that have s-ex with animals. Gay advocates are discriminating against their bestial cousins. smh
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by loswhite(m): 12:12am On Jan 24, 2013
Kay 17:

If a christian is a person without sins then there are no christians, because the only christian would be the perfect Christ!
a Christian is not a person witout sin .a Christian is a person who is striving to b Christ like dat means u can fall but u still pick urself up.
I'm not against a gay who is struggling to quit but a gay who says we should accept it as a way of life doesn't look like sumbody striving to b Christ like
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by pazienza(m): 12:13am On Jan 24, 2013
Nawao! Sagamite seem to be missing his most favourite topic. Hahahaha!
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Zodiac61(m): 1:07am On Jan 24, 2013
Hardfact: @Kay 17, and Gays in the house, plz I ask if one wants, how can one become gay? I learnt that gays have bleeding an.us, haemoroids, or something like that, how true? Plz reply.
Stupidity aplenty on NL. and before you ask, I am not gay, but I support gay rights.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by redsun(m): 2:24am On Jan 24, 2013
This kind of inflammatory statements are what cons like adeboye uses to perpetually keep the socalled Christians blind and maintain the tempo of their scam in an age where knowledge is easily available to most,yet they can't see.

By making them think that there are differences between being gay and their evil and ignorant selves,they will continue to be fo.oolisly loyal to him,looking forward to imaginary salvation from ilusive god while he plays god on earth with their sweat without them noticing,just like magic.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by redsun(m): 2:28am On Jan 24, 2013
The world is eating itself to extinction due to overpopulation that can't sustain itself and gayism is an obvious part of the solution. Africa most especially needs more of it as the weakest link.

The world doesn't need more children,at least for now.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Nobody: 2:34am On Jan 24, 2013
enitan2002: if adeboyes excuse on gay is human extinction, what about the catholic priests and nuns who have decided not to marry nor bear kids. I think he ought to speak against that too. let the gays be alone, and I can't remember the last time this man spoke out openly against corruption or bad governance.

Nice point! Instead he dines and wines with them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? / What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? / 'Thank You Lord' By Paul Enenche: Glory Dome Docu-Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.