Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will (18291 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God / Was Man Created Before Satan Rebelled Against God or After? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
Developped countries are moving forward on this issue, legalising gay marriage and decriminalising gayism. But we are moving backwards. We are gradually in our foolishness going to our own extinction. Leave gays alone and concentrate on your own partner.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by femi4: 1:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
GERALD710: First of all.
Christians are a declining minority on this planet not exceeding 24% of the planet,s population.
Christians should be followers of Christ.Christ never preached against homosexuality.And he was born during the Roman era when such acts were very very common.
I wonder why Homosexuality is an 'act of Darkness'When Fornication,Touching an unmarried man,s genitals,working on the Sabbath,talking back at your parents were also acts of darkness that were punished by stoning in the Old Testament.
Jesus preached 2 Commandments.Love God.Love Your Neighbour which did not come with any conditions or exceptions.On Judgement Day,no matter how good you were and you haboured hatred for others just because they are different from you,you will be penalised(Read The Sermon of the Mount)for it.God looks at the intentions of the Heart,Not outward Piousness,Something Jesus castigated the Pharisees and Saducees for displaying.
I can see that you can't even define the word LOVE as it connotes different interpretation in every context its used.
For example, The child you Love, you discipline
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
femi4: I can see that you can't even define the word LOVE as it connotes different interpretation in every context its used.
For example, The child you Love, you discipline

So what exactly would you do if your child is gay? Beat it out of him/her?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
advocate666:

Didn't they preach that god forgives every sin? Should we not tolerate those whom god has forgiven?

Of course, God forgives every sin. Last I checked, homos are still in sin.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by femi4: 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
advocate666:

So what exactly would you do if your child is gay? Beat it out of him/her?
you still hav prolem with defination, you can correct out of love.....Discipline does not necessarily means purnishment
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by theripper: 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
okeyxyz:

Christianity is hard. It is not easy, It is not meant to appeal to our human sentiments and anybody who believes otherwise, like I'd said before, You don't need to be christian if what you are looking for is comfort in your own sentiments. Christianity is not secular, though it respects secularity but keeps it outside of doctrine(ie: for non-christians). The new-testament is replete with these emphasis.

And if your right hand(If what appeals or seems right to you) causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell(Matthew 5:30).

Nna, u have dat grey matter plenty.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by FXKing2012(m): 1:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
Yes homosexuality is against God's will and leads to hell.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by elliottibanga(m): 1:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ladies and Gentlemen of Nairaland, I present nigeria's top "Man of God". grin

Enjoy

******on to the next topic*****

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
^ grin grin grin grin Badu guy
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by swtcharissa(f): 1:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
Sam Milla: This old thief never gets tired of confusing Nigerians. If Pepple use money they give him to pay PHCN bills when due, darkness will vanish .
if ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ cannot respect uurself or ur parents,other people's parents deserve some respect...wats up with all these insults on clegy men, ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ people bring problem on ur generation by insulting clegys,be carefull
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
if adeboyes excuse on gay is human extinction, what about the catholic priests and nuns who have decided not to marry nor bear kids. I think he ought to speak against that too. let the gays be alone, and I can't remember the last time this man spoke out openly against corruption or bad governance.

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 1:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
Yooguyz: we are saying the same thing but from different perspectives btw the illustration above brings forth clearly the point i wanted to pass across
how please? why is this thread on the fp? it's losing its seriousness.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
swtcharissa: if ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ cannot respect uurself or ur parents,other people's parents deserve some respect...wats up with all these insults on clegy men, ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ people bring problem on ur generation by insulting clegys,be carefull

And when clergies keep wining and dining with the corrupt what are we supposed to do o jare? Abi God don monopolise hin curses just for the sheep and not the Shepard ni?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by madridsta007(m): 1:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
advocate666:

Imagine how gay christians feel when they read this type of opinion from their fellow christians.

There is nothing like 'Gay Christians'- To be a Christian is to be Christ-like. Christ did not support same-sex relationship. So please stop saying 'gay Christians'
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by thehomer: 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2013
okeyxyz:

Christianity is hard. It is not easy, It is not meant to appeal to our human sentiments and anybody who believes otherwise, like I'd said before, You don't need to be christian if what you are looking for is comfort in your own sentiments. Christianity is not secular, though it respects secularity but keeps it outside of doctrine(ie: for non-christians). The new-testament is replete with these emphasis.

And if your right hand(If what appeals or seems right to you) causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell(Matthew 5:30).

With that quote of Matthew 5:30, are you saying that the recommendation there was to be followed literally?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by dasparrow: 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
@Post

Well, the bible condemns homosexuality which is what same sex marriage is all about so I agree with Pastor Adeboye here based on biblical teachings. However, God is also against fornication and adultery and a lot of Nigerians practice those two. How many Nigerians are willing to date the opposite gender the Christian way (in other words no sex until after the wedding?).

What about all the Nigerian bred men who defile little girls living in their homes as house helps or who live in their neighborhood and society looks the other way? I know people who were sexually molested by Nigerian bred males in Nigeria and till today, their offenders are walking about absolutely free.

I wish that the way our law makers and religious leaders speak so strongly against homosexuality and same sex marriage, they will equally speak strongly against fornication, .r.ap.e, adultery, .pedop.hi.lia, corruption, bribery and much more because all these sins equally disgust Jehovah God. Nigerians, let's stop being bloody hypocrites and condemn all sins and stop being selective like someone suffering from selective amnesia.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by thehomer: 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
there is nothing like a gay Christian. a Christian cannot be gay. it's either light or darkness, they don't go together.

Your first sentence there is false. Is there something logically contradictory in someone being both gay and Christian? Ever heard of the colour grey?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by thehomer: 2:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
aribisala0: Yes we do not agree with same sex marriage but let us deploy the right argument to make our case.
In Africa traditionally we were not christian and not gay.Some will argue that the two arrived in Africa around the same time.I don't know as I was not here then.There are many sensible and logical arguments why we should shun the practice just as we would shun s,hitting in publlic in broad daylight and these arguments do not need to bring in god into it.It has nothing to do with gods or devils.It is good hygiene not godliness to bathe daily.

Extinction which the so called prophet talked about is natural. Many plants and animals have become extinct and man too will one day become extinct no matter how godly or devilish he is or is not.
It is in the nature of the human mind to seek permanence but Nature is always changing.Man came and man will go as will other things thereafter.

It is highly unlikely that there were no homosexuals in Africa before the arrival of the Europeans. If you think there are sound arguments against it, why don't you put in the effort to make those arguments?

I don't think animals at least become extinct because suddenly all members of that species became homosexual.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by thehomer: 2:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
@ devour129

What a nice argument you presented. I'm just wondering is it supposed to be an insult to call someone gay online? If you think it is, I'll just like to let you know that it is childish and often demonstrates an inability to form sensible arguments.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by thehomer: 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
femi4: All sins r inborn and homo is not an exception

Why would God create you with sin and be ready to punish you for eternity?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by mukoloAndy(m): 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
advocate666: And this is the man with PhD in applied mathematics? Dem dash am the degree or was it honorary?
[quote][/quote]

Honorary grin
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by pelezico: 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
let the gays live their lives, and the r.apists and the thieves and the drunks. Christmas is not by force, even christianity.

The problem with that statement though i believe its in good faith is that it'snot wise. The h o m o s e x u a l s (i refuse to call them g a y s since that word is a politically correct sanitized description of a promiscuous and debauched lifestyle) are playing for keeps and therefore want to either silence the critic by the use of Governmental force or manipulate the people thru the media as is the case in the US, Canada and Europe. The media is used to either intimidate or harass the critic or make h o m o s e x u a l i t y activity rather cool by showing "cool" h o m o s e x u a l s using films and music.

Marriage either has a definition that is rooted in the immutable God of the bible (unchanging character of God and his Word) or its up for grabs and is a subjective thing therefore rendering the word VOID.

Marriage therefore is null and void.

In the UK they now want to teach and display images of h o m o s e x u a l i t y to our children. If you remove your child from that class you as a parent can be severely fined.

What we are seeing in the WEst is a return to ancient Greece and Roman traditions and culture. The same culture that woman escaped from once Christianity came to the fore because of the horrendous abuse they suffered. The same empire that ruled with an iron fist and subjected its citzens to slaves, killed for fun, destroyed the childhood of children thru paedophilia etc etc

My two pennies - be warned Christian for we will be judged first and then the world.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
in addition it is also a practice or sin that is against and contrary to the ORDER OF CREATION
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 2:12pm On Jan 23, 2013
thehomer:

Your first sentence there is false. Is there something logically contradictory in someone being both gay and Christian? Ever heard of the colour grey?
you can't be a Christian and same time be gay, take it

The Christian colour is white, not gray. I'm sure you know there's a difference.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by joyli: 2:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
grin grin grin The House is on fire !!!!!

I will come Back
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by pazienza(m): 2:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
So,when is he going to buy his next private jet. Isn't that what they live for these days?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
thehomer:

Why would God create you with sin and be ready to punish you for eternity?
God didn't create anyone with sin, why do you refuse to learn? you've been told this before?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Pque(m): 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
[quote author=devour129][/quote]

Mehn. What d gays and gay activist are saying here is absolutely bulshit. This makes me to feel dat d world is nearer 2 her end.
Like d pple rose up against Noah on dat day when Noah gave dem d message from God. U pple have also rissen against a man of God who has simply passed d message God sent him 2 passed. Well, he dat has hear, let him hear d message of He dat was sent "Baba Adeboye is sent" 2 give u dis message.
Do nt perish nd waste ur life like dose pple in d time of Noah. Turn 2 God for help now nd tell him 2 cure u from dis miserable nd devilish act. God can do it. If God can change d blood type of a person 4rm SS to A, don't u think dat he wil also cure u nd ur life wil change totally.
Ask God today in d name of Jesus, d name dat is above every other name nd he wil cure u.
Personally, I don't think dat act (gaying) is normal. I see it as a disease, sickness nd abnormal incontrolable interest in what is nt normal. Ur brain is now use 2 dat act nd ur brain frequently gives 2 u d picture of dat act in such a way dat it makes u feel like u can't do without it.
Like dose dat are use 2 drugs, smoking or very wel use to a particular act or custom. Dose things are very hard nd difficult 2 change because d body especially d brain nd mind is use 2 it.
Turn 2 God 4 a solutn now, prayerfully continue 2 tell him 2 change u nd take away dat act from u. If God can raise d dead of 4 days, restore sight 2 blind, makes lame 2 walk, feeds 5000 pple with little fish nd few loafes of bread, do u think he wil nt answer ur prayer? Just have d faith dat he wil touch, heal u nd turn ur life totally around.
He wil guide u to where d solutn 2 ur problem is as u continue to pray dat He should take gayism nd dat spirit of gayism from ur life.
Silent on dat problem means acceptance of dat devilish act. Prayer is d solution! If u don't know how 2 pray u can join group of pple dat use to pray ( eg. at night vigils) nd pray 4 ur healing nd deliverance!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? / What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? / 'Thank You Lord' By Paul Enenche: Glory Dome Docu-Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.