Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,833 members, 7,841,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? (17254 Views)

Characters Ladies Of Marriageable Age Exhibit When Desperate For Husbands / !! I Caught My Best Friend Having Sex With My Wife In The Kitchen!! / Serial Bride:woman Marries Three Husbands In Three Years: Two Were Pastors! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 26, 2013
iykemanchi:
Dude! Ur case na psycho mental remix
stop pretnding as if is a crime to help ur woman.helping her wil not stop u from getinm 2mil a month if u so desire.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by searay(m): 7:00am On Jan 26, 2013
sexkillz: No big deal. Pride has always been the problem with men. What is wrong in helping out the woman you love with all your heart?

Smh.

nothing.
Wait a minute,no vex ooo, you still ban people?
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by birdman(m): 7:01am On Jan 26, 2013
Lexoria:

Abegi,which kind cede the role to the husband.Every woman wants and loves when the kids are close to their father her husband.My hubby loves feeding his girls,mind u they are 4 and 5+ but he prefers to feed them than for them to eat by themselves.He calls it bonding time!And u'll hear them arguing over who will eat with daddy.So pls don't decide for the womenfolks what they like or do no like or what they can/cannot do. Or if feeding the family makes them matured.By the way,its not possible for a woman to leave everyday cookin for her hubby to do unless she's incapacitated.

ok this makes sense. I should leave these topics to actual husbands and wives tongue

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 26, 2013
SORTER: Guy!You just revealed to all NLDERS....that your Wife provides The Money and U do D chores including washing of Panties.....Ur Mama must be proud tongue grin
lols,as if u don't do tins for ur own wife. Shun pride and Face reality cox ur wife is u not ur second. U two = one
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 26, 2013
lola.luv:
Thank God every leg can find its shoe-size. To each their own.

The average African-man is sexist and feels less of a man by helping their wife. But what do you say about a society when a man only feels like a man by denigrating the other gender?

My dad sometimes cooks what he calls his special stew, even though my mum and I are excellent cooks. And he never had to remind any of us kids he was our father. We knew it already because he has NEVER slacked in his responsibilities and cooking his special stew didn't mean less respect.

He has also NEVER left my mum and I to pound without calling out my brothers.

My brothers are even always asking me for recipes because they don't eat out in school. They know how to cook up a storm in the kitchen and it's for their own benefit.

well said....i cook all my food whenever i'm back in school and in future, i won't mind cooking when my wife is around.there's nothing wrong with it.absolutely nothing!!
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Balkan(m): 7:19am On Jan 26, 2013
This rubbish! Please it does not happen in Igbo land. Its a shame for any man to do it. Just like a woman eating on the same plate with the husband. That is why thngs are bad today.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Fadenitan(m): 7:19am On Jan 26, 2013
Helping ur wife in kitchen is not bad,at time situation of events allow you to do d cooking for d family,as for me i do cook for my wife every evening,she is a career woman,she close by 6pm and as for me i must take my dinner b4 7pm.But wkend she do all d cooking and washing and alway give a treaty like a king.What matter most is d understanding and love in d family.Cheers.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Princeyoungd2: 7:21am On Jan 26, 2013
chiover: Us men have big prob, why won't I cook for my wife? I am saying it loud and clear I can wash my wife's pant and it wont mek me a poor man. Op pls have a rethink though is obvious women are ingrates but we are under obligation to love and pamper them.
Well said women are really ingrates.
Helping out is not an issue but give a woman pri she will take on the whole village and turn it to previllege.
When u get too sugary with women they will just lick u up,
For me I do it cos that's the trend we started on but belive me avoid it if u can cos sooooonest u will turn a formal home chef called honey

2 Likes

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by funmemezy: 7:22am On Jan 26, 2013
I recommend a movie titled “MR and MRS” featuring Benjamin and Nse Etim. U will get a better undstandg of dis topic ther. Tnk u.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by faithomohie(f): 7:30am On Jan 26, 2013
My bf cooks for me he loves cooking he is even a better cook than me. Der is no big deal dere. Wen we are together during weekends we get into d kitchen together n do d cooking. Its very romantic u know grin

2 Likes

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Rhapsody1(f): 7:42am On Jan 26, 2013
My hubby helps me out in the kitchen. Sometimes, he prepares a meal by himself, weekends mostly. I could not have married a man who considers doing such a taboo. But that is me.

@OP, your wife-to-be should know this side of you and as long as its ok by the two of you, it does not matter another's opinion. Although in this day and age, it no biggie helping wifey in the kitchen.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by frevangel(m): 7:48am On Jan 26, 2013
I am still single but I plan to not just help out in the kitchen but share the kitchen! grin

My friend cooks well but I'm a better cook most times(we have done competition,grin ). She only cooks fried rice and egusi soup better than i do, so we have been doing classes, teaching each other how to cook that we do best. I have learnt how to cook good egusi soup from her and have taught her to cook good stew, ogbono, vegetable, egg sauce, and other soups. My friend who HATES ogbono soup before is now a big fan of the soup, thanks to my heroic!grin Its fun I tell you!
@OP, try it, it could be another way to spice up your relationship and home!
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by eksbabe(f): 7:53am On Jan 26, 2013
byvan: @ Op

Nah you man passnah your wife go hear am sha.Don't you know that some women can't tolerate any cooking smell while preg,in a situation like that will you force her to cooknawaooooh,change this your wacked mentality.

Note that am not saying that the woman should make a man cook when she is healthy,but common,most romantic husbands can make small meals for their family once in a while.Don't forget that some men really love to cook.Excessive ego is a very disgusting trait in a man.

U jes said it all
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by freecocoa(f): 7:54am On Jan 26, 2013
Imagine supposed men saying they won't pound yam, mscheew.

So na woman good to pound yam? lord knows I ain't pounding yam when I have a man in the house, I'm not ready to develop big muscles like a wrestler all cos someone wants to eat pounded yam.undecided

Thank God my man helps in the kitchen.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by busmagnate: 7:58am On Jan 26, 2013
Balkan: This rubbish! Please it does not happen in Igbo land. Its a shame for any man to do it. Just like a woman eating on the same plate with the husband. That is why thngs are bad today.

What are you talking about? Who told you its a shame and it does not happen in igbo land? Or are you still in 12th century? Please you need serious upgrading.......I'm an igbo man,I cook and help my girl friend out in the kitchen.....please kindly hug any available transformer if you wish so. Onye ara

2 Likes

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by 190theclown: 8:02am On Jan 26, 2013
freecocoa: Imagine supposed men saying they won't pound yam, mscheew.

So na woman good to pound yam? lord knows I ain't pounding yam when I have a man in the house, I'm not ready to develop big muscles like a wrestler all cos someone wants to eat pounded yam.undecided

Dude you got NO Man undecided

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by frevangel(m): 8:03am On Jan 26, 2013

You sound like the woman version of the op.
Anyway, there is yam pounder or alternatively poundo yam. I love pounded yam so my friend treats me with it but sincerely I don't think I will allow her pound 'manually'. She uses poundo yam.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by didisky(m): 8:05am On Jan 26, 2013
yertyr: Sincerely, I wudn't provide money 4 food and still help in preparing d dish... Neva!!! Please don't tell me it's love abeg...
Husband aiding wife in the kitchen. What do you think?

If you are not married u won't understand.

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 26, 2013
Getting married is easy. Staying married is where the work is. It is the seemingly little things we do for our better halves that makes their love for us stronger.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Tenderly1(f): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2013
My dad is a typical Nigerian man but, he cooks for us.Those men spewing thrash should bit their lips.na pride na won kill dem.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by awesome31: 8:14am On Jan 26, 2013
Popowaa: There is nothing romantic as been so tired from work only to come home n ur baby has done de cooking n serves u.its soo divine dats my bf.Emma i love u soo much,u re 1 in a zillion.
which Emma? My own Emma? Aruuuuuuuuuu

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by dnawah(m): 8:15am On Jan 26, 2013
My bros there nothing bad in that,i have 3 reasons y i do it:
1.i don't want her to over work/stress and get older than her age.
2.when am hungry and she's not meet up,i help her out.
3.when i want to do something in d night and she is still in d kitchen washing plates and co,i do help her out.@time we end up starting d thin 4rm d kitchen.all na 4 beta 4 worst o!gringringrin
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by masterpiecer(m): 8:15am On Jan 26, 2013
didisky:

If you are not married u won't understand.

thank u sir.

[size=5pt]though i'm not yet married [/size]
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by salt1: 8:15am On Jan 26, 2013
fr_evangel:

Anyway, there is yam pounder or alternatively poundo yam. I love pounded yam so my friend treats me with it but sincerely I don't think I will allow her pound 'manually'. She uses poundo yam.

Please please and please! I want to buy the yam pounder. Where can I find it? Poundo yam doesn't quite taste like it.
@topic, everybody cooks in my house. That is what you call family not slave trade
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by aariwa(m): 8:23am On Jan 26, 2013
so freecocoa is now married.the lucky man?congrats...

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by freecocoa(f): 8:23am On Jan 26, 2013
fr_evangel:

Just see your life.

What is the difference between what we have both said? You won't allow your girl pound manually and I won't pound manually so...?

Better put on your reading glasses before replying to my posts.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by essyvin: 8:24am On Jan 26, 2013
If a man cant help his wife in d kitchen dat means he is wicked, period.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by freecocoa(f): 8:26am On Jan 26, 2013
aariwa: so freecocoa is now married.the lucky man?congrats...
You sound as if I was never gonna get married, thanks anyways undecided.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by luvablesam(m): 8:27am On Jan 26, 2013
its no biggie,its a sign to show love realy exist btwn u guys,i do it alot even when its not convinient..... Too much Ego just breaks marriages it doesn't help
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Dnaz(m): 8:32am On Jan 26, 2013
Women of dese days. Tufiakwa! After all said n done, no woman wants a man dat ll be helping her out in d kitchen, dey sure want d ones dat ll be helping her account swell day by day
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by djeezy(m): 8:33am On Jan 26, 2013
I love to cook and personally I see nothing wrong in helping her out. Sometimes I feel like cooking all alone. It doesn't change my status as the man of the house. For some men who think she will take advantage of this privilege can moderate how often they help or cook. She's your wife and by virtue of your union, you became one. She's not a slave. She doesn't have to work her a.rse out.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 26, 2013
Balkan: This rubbish! Please it does not happen in Igbo land. Its a shame for any man to do it. Just like a woman eating on the same plate with the husband. That is why thngs are bad today.

speak for yourself mo.ron, I don't think you speak for every Igbo man undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Take Me For Deliverance If I Cheat On This Kind Of Woman (photo) / My Boyfriend Said I Look Old / Ladies: Your Ideal Height For A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.