Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,834 members, 7,841,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? (17255 Views)

Characters Ladies Of Marriageable Age Exhibit When Desperate For Husbands / !! I Caught My Best Friend Having Sex With My Wife In The Kitchen!! / Serial Bride:woman Marries Three Husbands In Three Years: Two Were Pastors! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 26, 2013
I feel that a husband can help his wife in house hold chores during his free time. A marriage is a mutual understanding and full of adjustments from couple,which should be free from ego and competition.
So it is completely ok if husband helps wife but the wife also shouldn't take too much advantage from it.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by LagosBoi2(m): 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
[quote author=Lexoria][/quote]

thank you sister, my wife is always proud of me.

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by dmcdad: 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2013
What's the big deal on that? You said help right? I don't see any big thing there...

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by LagosBoi2(m): 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2013
I love this thread, i can't help but keep going over the pages again and again, it's fun !!!!
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by happynwa(f): 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2013
For him to assist me at d kitchen does not mean i should stress him. Thank God for flour atleast dat can go rather dan watch him pound, OMG dat will break mi hrt or else he insist on doin it.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by blackbeau1(f): 2:19pm On Jan 26, 2013
@ poster,wake up,this is the 21st century where family roles are interchangeable
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by famousg: 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2013
coolOnly if I have tribal mark gush
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by philipstanley(m): 3:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
What realy makes ladies think dat de cook more dan men?
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Anabaraonyepete(m): 3:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
No big deal joor.... But not my duty really... shld be done once in a while to show love wink!!, and often when the woman is down & female children still small....
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 26, 2013
what is too special about a men that he cant help with the cooking angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by rainbowb(f): 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2013
one man's meat is another man's poison nt all husband can do dst bt to me there's notin bad in it..sumtimz wen she's sick,tire or she did much house chores nd u feel like assisting..nt an habit bt sometimes,it's really common among romantic guys
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by dokunbam(m): 5:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
this issue of husband cooking sha

i can help my wife anywhere in my house and its non of your problem.

but i like to do it voluntarily not wen you want to force or think i must do it. i know when its right

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by frevangel(m): 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2013
freecocoa: I apologize if you think I was rude.

My first reply came as a result of some men saying they can help in the kitchen save for yam pounding, now between a man and a woman who do you think should take up the task of pounding yam? If you think it okay for a woman, you will have no qualms with your girl doing it, you don't allow her do it cos you prolly think its too tasking for her.

Women don't pound anything hard in my house and that's how I grew up, it has nothing to do with ego or pride for me, I believe its just too stressful for a woman and we can all agree that the less strenuous chores often goes to the woman so please, I don't sound nor reason like the OP.

The truth is that I learnt how to pound growing up and its same for my girl. I just have this kind of mentality that if there's an easier way to do a task then adopt it.
The issue is that every body grew up differently. I am proud when I tell people I can cook well. This is because in my house when growing up, it was competition.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by pinkkystel(f): 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

Grow up. your wife is not your servant but your best friend and lover. I dont know what is wrong with doing dishes and helping to cook and clean. I would rather help out so she can finish quickly and we can move on to more fun stuff than cross my legs in the parlor while she slaves away.
Correct guy

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Joliecoco: 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2013
I love a guy who can cook, since when is it the woman job to cook solely a d do house work. There are tons of who are great cooks. My husband should not expect me to cook solely in out home. He has to cook.

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by PopeUDENSI: 9:53pm On Jan 26, 2013
Missy_B: Good thing my man does not use Nairaland! Na so you all for corrupt him with your cave-man mentality undecided
Wake up....it's 2013!
ur husband doesnt use nairaland and u use nairaland...u must b a suspect!
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by chikeorji123(m): 10:02pm On Jan 26, 2013
If my missing ngugu m is not around l ill enter kitchen plus if her pregnant get to 7months honestly l ill standby 24/7 watching to know when she need my assistance...
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Lexoria: 10:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
I LOVE MY HUBBY!!!!!!!?!.He's an xceptional Nigerian guy.There's no nigerian boy,guy or man like him.Prolly,most nigerian men will think he's a sissy cos he can sit on the floor and do homework with his kids,will insist in washing the clothes while I rinse,para-adventure the washing machine is incapacitated,will carry whatever we bought from shopping unless it is so much then he'd agree for me to help,he buys stuff for me by himself if he sees I need them or on impulse(I find it diffucult to buy anything for myself cos I end up seeing something(s) nice for the kids),Helps me in the kitchen sometimes etc...and I try to appreciate and not take him for granted.I don't know what I'd do without this angel.With everything that he was and is,he is the most humble,helpful(to everyone),nicest person I know.God pls keep blessing and blessing and over blessing this guy.Thank God my girls will reap what their father sowed with their husbands so I'm rest assured they'd be in good hands.

I pra3 for the touch of God in the life of most Nigerian men on this forum.I decree that every ancestral,generational curse of backward thinking and forward dressing will be roasted and uprooted from their lives by fire in Jesus name.Amen,Lord if they refuse to change,may their daughters reap more than they sowed in Jesus name.Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by A40(m): 10:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
Lexoria: I LOVE MY HUBBY!!!!!!!?!.He's an xceptional Nigerian guy.There's no nigerian boy,guy or man like him.Prolly,most nigerian men will think he's a sissy cos he can sit on the floor and do homework with his kids,will insist in washing the clothes while I rinse,para-adventure the washing machine is incapacitated,will carry whatever we bought from shopping unless it is so much then he'd agree for me to help,he buys stuff for me by himself if he sees I need them or on impulse(I find it diffucult to buy anything for myself cos I end up seeing something(s) nice for the kids),Helps me in the kitchen sometimes etc...and I try to appreciate and not take him for granted.I don't know what I'd do without this angel.With everything that he was and is,he is the most humble,helpful(to everyone),nicest person I know.God pls keep blessing and blessing and over blessing this guy.Thank God my girls will reap what their father sowed with their husbands so I'm rest assured they'd be in good hands.

I pra3 for the touch of God in the life of most Nigerian men on this forum.I decree that every ancestral,generational curse of backward thinking and forward dressing will be roasted and uprooted from their lives by fire in Jesus name.Amen,Lord if they refuse to change,may their daughters reap more than they sowed in Jesus name.Amen!
Nne dis ur prayer ehn!
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by P4VS20: 12:43am On Jan 27, 2013
Joliecoco: I love a guy who can cook, since when is it the woman job to cook solely a d do house work. There are tons of who are great cooks. My husband should not expect me to cook solely in out home. He has to cook.

gen gen gen gen
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Osheshe(f): 1:16am On Jan 27, 2013
angry
Na wa ooo...I've read an eyeful from nairaland today.

"A woman's place is in the kitchen"..."A man who cooks is a sissy"...

Can any of the 'men' vehemently opposing this notion categorically state anywhere that it is written, or perhaps cast in stone; that kitchen chores are the exclusive preserve of a lady?

This is the mentality of an individual with a less than zero IQ abeg. As a husband in the kitchen...do your balls shrink or grow smaller? Does your man..hood decrease in length or girth? Do you stop producing sper..matozoa and start having ova? Do you suddenly start experiencing monthly cycles?

Dear nairaland gentlemen...forgive me for being so explicit, but if your replies to the questions above are in the negative, then I can veritably tell you that kitchen duty is harmless! Worst case scenario has you sweating or cutting a nail. Doesn't change who you are or what you stand for.

A thorough analysis of this issue will show that majority of the guys who abhor kitchen duty are usually the most detail-specific about their meals...they'll wanna give specific 'instructions' on meal preparation (it should taste exactly like their mothers') and also state their preference for freshly cooked meals, as opposed to meals stored in the freezer and heated when necessary.

Come to think of it sef, any guy who knows his way around the kitchen is always eager to showcase his culinary skills...cooking for himself and his family, should the opportunity present itself. It is only those chauvinists who will burn water and cannot cook to save their own lives that will use this forum to 'rant'.

Dear Chauvinist, if you're lucky enough to find a girl who doesn't mind cooking and cleaning after you...good for you! More EKAETTE SYNDROME grace to her elbows. This is the reason why you find young women who look a lot older than their actual ages. They cook, clean, nuture the children, carry out a zillion and one chores in a single day...and still get to lay down flat for one last 'pounding' at night, before a day becomes complete.

Abegi jor...say no to slavery! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by P4VS20: 1:18am On Jan 27, 2013
Come to think of it sef, any guy who knows his way around the kitchen is always eager to showcase his culinary skills...cooking for himself and his family, should the opportunity present itself. It is only those chauvinists who will burn water and cannot cook to save their own lives that will use this forum to 'rant'.

lmao, burn water. lmao
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by calcal: 5:23am On Jan 27, 2013
some guys can't help but can put head!
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 27, 2013
How about:

If you both agree before marriage that he is the provider and you will cook,then all is good

If you both work,then agree to cook together,or take turns,or swap if one hates to cook.. one will only cook but the other will do some other chore to balance it

And no matter what the arrangement, there could be room for random altering if necessary like - giving a tired spouse a break if theyre more tired or stessed than you( sweeeet)
- just for the fun of it
- because
Its fun to cook for each other
Its even funner to cook together
A man cooking up things in the kitchen is damn sexy!
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Agbgift(f): 6:59am On Jan 27, 2013
I laughed wen I read d comments on this post. Am a typical african child. Edo pikin. I grew up to met my parents assisting themselves in kitchen work. It never minus from their luv. As kids den if my dad, get home before my mum from work, he fix lunch for d whole family. Wen he gt transfered he did his cooking himself. Mum own was to prepare stew and soup for him for d week to take to his station. And smtyms wen he is coming back, he prepares special delicacy for himself and my mum.Dads transfer taught dem hw to eat seprately, cos they always eat 2geda...Even@my dads age nw, cos he is close to 60, he does his cooking himself. Since my mum died If he comes back home for weekend and am nt around,he doesn't allow anyone else to cook for him, he cooks for himself. All thru my law school and during my service years, my brodas always call to complain dat my dad doesn't allow dem cook for him. I jst asked dem to leave him alone, cos I tried talking to him, he refused but rather lectured me on hw @ age 19, he was already a bachelor cooking on his own till he met my mum... Since am around nw,I always cook for him. Of recent he taught me hw to prepare his own kind of noodles. Dats d few I can say... To d young men, dat say they can't asist in d home to cook or help in other kitchen jobs, pls pull down ur ego. Pride will take u no where. You assisting in your home, won't make u a slave, it won't stop u from been d head of d home. It will add a lot in building up your home, teaching d kids, d real value of life. Remember d first place of childs education, starts from d home. As parents, ur marital journey, it wat ur kids will emulate in starting thiers. God forbid we show bad examples to our kids. So if my future husband says he wil assist me in d kithen, all good for d family. If he says no, I won't force him.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by stont101(m): 7:54am On Jan 27, 2013
your household is your house hold you live your life the way you see fit.

ponder this: what if your wife is very sick and you have children? will you kick her out of her sick bed to cook for you because you gave money for food? Also seeing as women have free will, what if she refused to cook for you because she was mad at you or because she was tired?

just wondering if you would starve.

You are wonderful, you said it all. @poster it's not all about who is in charge, it is about sacrifice!!

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by FlyboyZee: 10:37am On Jan 27, 2013
Baby mama:

Are they now an item?
You mean Muki is now in Abeokuta eating amala and ewedu
Since when?

See ya mouth! you too like amebo.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by yvonnejoe(f): 11:59am On Jan 27, 2013
Personali, i dnt c d crime dia buh i jst prefer 2 do my fin, buh my guy doesn't mind. I remember having cramps 1s n he cooked n fed me dat mornin
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Quads: 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
Lexoria: I LOVE MY HUBBY!!!!!!!?!.He's an xceptional Nigerian guy.There's no nigerian boy,guy or man like him.Prolly,most nigerian men will think he's a sissy cos he can sit on the floor and do homework with his kids,will insist in washing the clothes while I rinse,para-adventure the washing machine is incapacitated,will carry whatever we bought from shopping unless it is so much then he'd agree for me to help,he buys stuff for me by himself if he sees I need them or on impulse(I find it diffucult to buy anything for myself cos I end up seeing something(s) nice for the kids),Helps me in the kitchen sometimes etc...and I try to appreciate and not take him for granted.I don't know what I'd do without this angel.With everything that he was and is,he is the most humble,helpful(to everyone),nicest person I know.God pls keep blessing and blessing and over blessing this guy.Thank God my girls will reap what their father sowed with their husbands so I'm rest assured they'd be in good hands.

Peradventure
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
Lolz, every girl, lady and woman here are now claiming that their boyfriends, lovers, fiances and husbands cook for themgrin pls who are these plenty guys I know that are always clamouring to eat that special delicacy that only their gfs n wives can prepare?

Pls who are these men who keep thanking God for their wives that take good care of their home and cook good food for them?

Who are these men that keep bragging that- my wife is the best cook? She prepares dinner even before I am home? She is a wonderful woman, I wonder what I would have done without her?

Dear ladies, pls don't give away the great weapons nature armed u ladies with- giving birth to kids and cooking. The moment men discovers a lasting and acceptable substitutes for those two things, marriage will become a thing of the past and there will be more single ladies than married ones.

it gives every man joy to know that his wife is capable of taking care of the home in terms of cooking, keeping the house in good tidings, without grudges or ranting. They brag about it when u aren't there. Your wonderful meals make them desire home always.

Now ask yourself what would happen when a man can make enough money as he wishes, can cook any food he wishes to eat conveniently, and do all house chores on his own, what then is the need of him getting married? For sex and romance? Such marriages don't last and that's y most today marriages don't last cos ladies now want to share every duty and role 50-50 with the men, that's not how God and nature did it.

Why didn't nature and God made men to be giving birth and carrying pregnancy? Nature designed certain roles for the men and others for the females, if u like throw away your pride and keep fooling urself that u are a working class woman.

Ur working is just to keep u busy and lively, n also productive n not to make u the breadwinner of the home on a normal situation. A man is supposed to be the financial power house of the family n the wife's income should only be a support.

A man is supposed to be caring n loving to his wife, shower her n d kids with love, but making it his role to be cooking and cleaning the house is not ideal pls. Anyway, it depends on d career n nature of d work he does- cos most productive men are always busy n can even hire professional helps to assist their wives anyway. So ladies pls go back n talk to ur mothers, u ladies are getting it all wrong, this is Africa and not Europe or America.

Some of these traditional practices and system are what is keeping our marriages lasting more than the westerns.

1 Like

Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2013
And y do u think men stop eating their wives food when they offend them badly? Its their way of protest knowing that their wives food is so precious to them, so they use it as a fast medium to show their anger, and it is only a foolish wife that rejoices when her husband stops eating her food.

Or don't u think if most of those men could cook better food, they wouldn't enter the kitchen themselves and prepare a better meal to eat? Don't let a child taste the forbidden fruit.

Your meals are one of ur greatest weapons in marriage- both for winning the love of ur kids n that of ur husband. Dnt let him discover that he can cook better food without u cos if he do, u are gone becos once crises arise, he wouldn't even bother or miss ur absence when he and the kids can do without ur wonderful meals.

Pls ladies, try and grab a copy of this novel:

Like Water for Chocolate written by a Mexican lady residing in America, her name is Laura Exquivel.

That novel will entertain u and open ur eyes to the harms u are causing urself n also let u knw what ur meals as a woman can do for u in marriage, and beyond. Pls stop thinking too western cos even the responsible western ladies understand d true role of a wife in a family setting.
Re: Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? by A40(m): 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2013
DailyNews: Lolz, every girl, lady and woman here are now claiming that their boyfriends, lovers, fiances and husbands cook for themgrin pls who are these plenty guys I know that are always clamouring to eat that special delicacy that only their gfs n wives can prepare?

Pls who are these men who keep thanking God for their wives that take good care of their home and cook good food for them?

Who are these men that keep bragging that- my wife is the best cook? She prepares dinner even before I am home? She is a wonderful woman, I wonder what I would have done without her?

Dear ladies, pls don't give away the great weapons nature armed u ladies with- giving birth to kids and cooking. The moment men discovers a lasting and acceptable substitutes for those two things, marriage will become a thing of the past and there will be more single ladies than married ones.

it gives every man joy to know that his wife is capable of taking care of the home in terms of cooking, keeping the house in good tidings, without grudges or ranting. They brag about it when u aren't there. Your wonderful meals make them desire home always.

Now ask yourself what would happen when a man can make enough money as he wishes, can cook any food he wishes to eat conveniently, and do all house chores on his own, what then is the need of him getting married? For sex and romance? Such marriages don't last and that's y most today marriages don't last cos ladies now want to share every duty and role 50-50 with the men, that's not how God and nature did it.

Why didn't nature and God made men to be giving birth and carrying pregnancy? Nature designed certain roles for the men and others for the females, if u like throw away your pride and keep fooling urself that u are a working class woman.

Ur working is just to keep u busy and lively, n also productive n not to make u the breadwinner of the home on a normal situation. A man is supposed to be the financial power house of the family n the wife's income should only be a support.

A man is supposed to be caring n loving to his wife, shower her n d kids with love, but making it his role to be cooking and cleaning the house is not ideal pls. Anyway, it depends on d career n nature of d work he does- cos most productive men are always busy n can even hire professional helps to assist their wives anyway. So ladies pls go back n talk to ur mothers, u ladies are getting it all wrong, this is Africa and not Europe or America.

Some of these traditional practices and system are what is keeping our marriages lasting more than the westerns.
3 Gbosas for u!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Take Me For Deliverance If I Cheat On This Kind Of Woman (photo) / My Boyfriend Said I Look Old / Ladies: Your Ideal Height For A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.