Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,917 members, 7,952,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (675581 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
drumma: Good to know im able to get your attention.... Im sure you noticed i sent u an automated msg as i have no intentions Pm u just incase.

Well i need your advise on my possible relocation to dubai as posted earlier, accommodation seems to be a factored element delaying my final decisions... What would u advise

Your post is very long and a tad bit confusing. Please clarify what you need help with as you have made up your mind to come here to search for a job already. The thread contains almost all the information you need regarding that. It's lengthy I agree, but it's worth the read.

Do u need help in getting a suitable accommodation as residence or residence permit (residence visa)?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Rohzeez: 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
pls..is the necessary to hold yellow card when are traveling to dubai....coz its somehow confusing me what people are saying these days
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
Thank for taking out time to at least breeze through my post... I did it that way because someone might need it later on....

Back to the main course, I have concluded on getting a 2months tourist visa to enable me search for work there but accommodation has been pretty discouraging..... so I think I basically need advise on what to do next if i decide to come spend 3months in Dubai at the detriment of my job in Nigeria and for the sole purpose of getting a job in Dubai.

Additionally, what are the things I should look out for when I get there in terms of the difference btw the labor visa and the free zone visa.

My best friend just relocated to dubai after she got a job with her 3months tourist visa so I make use of her info and other research I have done to work towards my stay there....

I know my industry is quite lucrative there and it won't be an issue securing a job owning to the fact that im well versed in the industry.

I await your response and please take note that whatever response you give might be useful to other so don't forget to generalize your feedback....God bless you

monchouchou:

Your post is very long and a tad bit confusing. Please clarify what you need help with as you have made up your mind to come here to search for a job already. The thread contains almost all the information you need regarding that. It's lengthy I agree, but it's worth the read.

Do u need help in getting a suitable accommodation as residence or residence permit (residence visa)?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
@kelvin4jesu I copied you in my post but you haven't given any regard to it...... it's fine.

fohiss:
boss double thump up for u oooo... ur explanation smooth like Tom Tom (express way)... boss anytime I enter Dubai I go find u ... u just too much.... boss abeg u fit hook me up wit any employer?? even if nah menial work .... nor even trust dis online application self... cus I don apply tire true online but no level.... anyone can help too plsssss.... thank u... hope to see positive response

@FOHISS, from my little research on applying for jobs in dubai, I realized majority of the employers there don't do Curriculum vitae screening as traditionally used to in Nigeria. Its a apply in person process and that's why you see people travel on tourist visas to enable them apply for job directly there after which they get residence permit based on the success of their interview.

kelvin4jesu:
Sure,that was how I grew up financially in UAE.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by fohiss: 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
drumma tanx .. . dats wat I also tink too .... but d last time I approach Emirate airline dey said I must b a working class man here in naija or somebody over will send me invitation before dey can process my visit paper .... even etihad too Nd travelstart .... DAT was y I was kind of asking if anyone can do d searching for me .... definitely I will surely sort dem... but drumma which state do u reside
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
@fohiss, going by my industry experience in this country, most employees of our so called airline do not advise their prospective clients properly but what what i can deduice i think they are trying to protect the fact that you might abscond since the primary reason for approaching them for a visa to procure residence and the law subjects all agents issuing visas to a depository amount of 3000$ they always have to ensure travelers comeback to the country.

Going to Dubai to search for a job is easy but accommodation there is the job itself

fohiss: drumma tanx .. . dats wat I also tink too .... but d last time I approach Emirate airline dey said I must b a working class man here in naija or somebody over will send me invitation before dey can process my visit paper .... even etihad too Nd travelstart .... DAT was y I was kind of asking if anyone can do d searching for me .... definitely I will surely sort dem... but drumma which state do u reside
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 8:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
drumma: Thank for taking out time to at least breeze through my post... I did it that way because someone might need it later on....

Back to the main course, I have concluded on getting a 2months tourist visa to enable me search for work there but accommodation has been pretty discouraging..... so I think I basically need advise on what to do next if i decide to come spend 3months in Dubai at the detriment of my job in Nigeria and for the sole purpose of getting a job in Dubai.

Additionally, what are the things I should look out for when I get there in terms of the difference btw the labor visa and the free zone visa.

My best friend just relocated to dubai after she got a job with her 3months tourist visa so I make use of her info and other research I have done to work towards my stay there....

I know my industry is quite lucrative there and it won't be an issue securing a job owning to the fact that im well versed in the industry.

I await your response and please take note that whatever response you give might be useful to other so don't forget to generalize your feedback....God bless you

What I can advise, regarding accommodation, is this: include a weeks stay in a hotel in your budget. Search for cheap hotels (preferably around deira as that's where many hustling naija guys stay so information flies like wild fire there, but be wary as there are also a whole lot of scammers) book online or go straight there from the airport. From your hotel room you can search for shared accomodation with other people. Either bed space or shared rooms etc. Since you will already be on ground you can view the place yourself. The newspapers carry ads daily of people looking for room mates etc.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by LEOSIRSIR(m): 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hello people, please I want to know if some 1working in dubai can still be opportuned to go to school either on part time basis or any other way... Please I need reply
Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 9:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
Thanks for your response @monchouchou I thought of this before but my concern is what if I don't get the appropriate shared room that means i have to keep staying in the hotel... I will check what a month hotel cost would be and probably decide with that... in btw i hope i can come and eat rice & beans at your place when i come....

monchouchou:

What I can advise, regarding accommodation, is this: include a weeks stay in a hotel in your budget. Search for cheap hotels (preferably around deira as that's where many hustling naija guys stay so information flies like wild fire there, but be wary as there are also a whole lot of scammers) book online or go straight there from the airport. From your hotel room you can search for shared accomodation with other people. Either bed space or shared rooms etc. Since you will already be on ground you can view the place yourself. The newspapers carry ads daily of people looking for room mates etc.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by fohiss: 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
drumma wen do u intend going to Dubai ... Nd which airline are u flying with Nd how are u processing it ... y am asking all dis is because of d situation abt mine I told u about concerning if am a working type Nd invitation stuff too.... hope to get a positive feedback thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 1:26am On Sep 13, 2014
My traveling to Dubai is solely dependent on the completion of my research about the place. Like I said i'm a travel consultant and I just would like to upgrade my CV with an international experience for futuristic purposes..... I can fly out to dubai any time cos I have the GDS to issue tickets myself. However like monchouchou said, I will need to consider her opinion concerning accommodation and other factors before i move.... If it will be worth while December will be a good time for me to move there because the target market will have an uproar of demands and will definitely need more hands to work with just so you know I have my projections and I know what exactly I'm going for.

fohiss: drumma wen do u intend going to Dubai ... Nd which airline are u flying with Nd how are u processing it ... y am asking all dis is because of d situation abt mine I told u about concerning if am a working type Nd invitation stuff too.... hope to get a positive feedback thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ha kevin4jesu.... this is not nice oooo, am I supposed to start from the beginning ? sad

Any ways i will post what i posted earlier so you can breeze through.

kelvin4jesu:
So sorry, pls how can I be of help to you?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 6:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hi all, cc: kelvin4jesu,

I am a professional working in Lagos as a travel consultant. However due to the future forecast of the aviation industry in the country, I have a feeling that if there will be an advancement in the industry, it will only favor those who have not certified themselves but also those who have international experience as is the norm of our Nigerian Environment.

This recent research analysis has forced me into thinking relocating to Dubai will be the best option for me to not only harness the soaring aviation industry in Dubai but to also grab some international experience.

I have also noticed jobs are practically dwindling in Nigeria and only the informed forms who are versatile will know how to walk through it. I have a friend who recently traveled to Dubai on a 3 months visa with which she later got a job but I have a feeling she got a Labor visa as analyzed by kevin4jesu and she's been pestering me to crossover with the same process which I have no problem doing.

My question however is what is the best type of residence permit to look out for when and if I come to Dubai in search of a job. what are the possibilities of getting a travel job with my current 5 years experience in the travel industry here in Nigeria.

I have been following job posts on www.dubizzle.com which seems to be like their national ads site in dubai for jobs and they post jobs there everyday but based on the research I did on accommodation, I cant seem to find a balance. I am ready to relocate to dubai for the first 3months to look for a job but the cost of getting a suitable accommodation is tearing my brains apart.

I will really appreciate the contribution of kevin4jesu on this and other dubai residents at this time because Im about to buy me a lovely Infinity FX35 and continue my hussle here in Nigeria but if the Dubai option is positive, Im willing to come and make more money for the future...

Nairaland Experts.... Over to you.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Festus2black: 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
Pls house I need some one to pls tell me more abt entry permit visa. Hw long does it take to expire frm d date dat it came out, nd if u can get a free zone job wit it,also if u were apply for from uae can dey scan it for some one or by postin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
Aiight boss.... im not quite sure how the freelance system applies to me though but I'll see what my options are... Thanks once again

kelvin4jesu:
Sure freelance system will aid u in your quest just get your tourist visa then let me know when you arrive UAE.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by tunde300us(m): 4:01am On Sep 14, 2014
Hi,has anyone used this site to get any kinda job cos ive been there but dont think its working. www.dubizzle.com
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 5:22am On Sep 14, 2014
tunde300us: Hi,has anyone used this site to get any kinda job cos ive been there but dont think its working. www.dubizzle.com

Yes many people have and my company uses it sometimes. The issue is that there r real job adverts and there are also many fake scammers there so be careful
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by y4code(m): 7:30am On Sep 14, 2014
Anybody in qatar to tell me how there economy is I mean, living, accomodation, staying and working there. Which visa is the best to enter there?
Guru in the house plz over to you.
God bless U.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hey @ tunde300us, Dubizzle.com is a good site just like olx but like you know with everything good, you'll always have bad idiots on parol.

Like i explained when i dropped that site on here, jobs there are not done by accumulated CV shortlisting. You have to be in Dubai and apply in person for whatever job you see on the site.... which brings you back to working out accommodation for your self there for a minimum period of 3months to enable you job hunt after which you can now settle in if and when you get an employer to get you a residence permit.

tunde300us: Hi,has anyone used this site to get any kinda job cos ive been there but dont think its working. www.dubizzle.com
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
@y4code Qatar is just another heart piece like Dubai, they derive their revenue mostly via crude oil. However like I heard, we've been banned from that country and the only option of getting in would be via a student visa..... If by any chance they lift the ban, I will be the first to relocate there cos Dubai seems to be over crowded.

y4code: Anybody in qatar to tell me how there economy is I mean, living, accomodation, staying and working there. Which visa is the best to enter there?
Guru in the house plz over to you.
God bless U.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by olalerelateef(m): 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
please can laminated certificate be taking to ministry of education and foreign affair too because i have laminate all my certificate. thank you all as i await your response.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by LEOSIRSIR(m): 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hello people, please I want to know if some 1 working in dubai can still be opportuned to go to school either on part time basis or any other way... Please I need reply
Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by tunde300us(m): 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
Well maybe that explains it,i have applied for almost 100 jobs on that site and not one mention,maybe cos my address on my profile reads lagos,nigeria.
I am IT person and i think most of the jobs posted there just perfectly suited for me,but alas no response since i put up my CV,do i need to be in dubai to get a job ?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:17am On Sep 15, 2014
LEOSIRSIR: Hello people, please I want to know if some 1 working in dubai can still be opportuned to go to school either on part time basis or any other way... Please I need reply
Thanks

Yes you can enrolll for Short courses like NEBOSH et al.

But you cannot enroll for full time studies while you are working.

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (401)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.