Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (658743 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ichommy(m): 1:38pm On May 14, 2015
Lagos (LOS) To Dubai (DXB)
Depart: 25/05/2015
Kenya Airways
₦68,603
One way Ticket. Kenya is the cheapest currently. Qatar Airways
₦91,068
Ethiopian Airlines
₦106,463 Turkish Airlines ₦114,779 Etihad Airways
₦114,933 Egyptair ₦137,113
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 5:48pm On May 14, 2015
please guys dis deira hotels no b am like that...same rates apply to cool places in burdubai...with kitchen self n parlour...try baity....also if u r extra managing funds try ajman...paradise inn...

monchouchou:

some hotels (especially cheap ones in the deira axis) will not let you both stay together in the same room if you cannot prove that you are married. So ensure you take a copy of your marriage certificate with you.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by iblaw: 7:40pm On May 14, 2015
DonCappuchino:
I was schedule 4 departure 2day.. Got 2d airport as usual,, got cleared, checked in and was given my boarding pass.. Only 4me 2 proceed 2wards immigration, damn, I got d shock of ma life.

Immigration officer flipped passport open and saw it has never bin used b4..

Officer: oga, wer r u travellin to??
Me: Uae sir
Officer: wats ur purpose 4 travelling??
Me: going 4 vacation
Officer: why Uae??
Me: I just graduated 4m lasu and my sis asked me 2 come over for 2weeks b4 my call-up letter comes out in june.
Officer: where's ur BTA n hotel resv
Me: I av my cash in my acct hence my reason 4 takin alonq my master card.. And she's handling my accommodation..
Officer: oga, u're not fit 2 travel
Me: why??
Officer: wey ur invitation letter
Me: haba oga owoyeni(his tag name), nah tourist visa I carry oo, no be visit(laughing)

2cut d lnq story short,, I found maslf pleading ooo,, offered cash sef.. Buh d looks on d bastards face readz u dnt pay like $200,, u not qoin anywer... B4 I knew wtz happenin,, I don land immigration office, sharply, my passport don entr dia boss office..

And dat was how I missed my filght.. I'm 2go bk 4ma passport on tuesday buh visa xpires on sundae..

I traveled to Dubai with a virgin passport 30th November 2014. The first immigration officer seeing my virgin passport said ahhh virgin passport, i told him this is not my first passport, he asked so how do i know this is not your first passport, i said my old passport has no valid visa so why should i be carrying it about, i stood my ground and he had no option than to pass me on to the next officer, the next officer opened my passport and called my name and immediately i told him THIS IS NOT MY FIRST PASSPORT and he said ahhh that is not what he is talking about that he is just wishing me a safe and nice trip, then i put my hand in my pocket(already kept new N500 notes) and i gave him N1,000. The one that wanted to prove stubborn i stood my ground. The airline staff had already checked my hotel reservation and the $1,000 BTA i told her i had so if you have what you should have STAND YOUR GROUND

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 14, 2015
Even katsina airport sure pass am nah.
favoured234:

That airport is not more organized than MMA. Thte airport is the ugliest place to call an international airport..
Benin airport is more beautiful and organized than that place..
Maybe its not the same Rwanda/Kigali we are talking about
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nodawa(m): 1:15am On May 15, 2015
Good day forum, is it true that 3months tourist visa expired with a month from the date of issue
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by chizzy86(f): 12:07pm On May 15, 2015
nattybanta:
just get a 2weeks visa. unless u intend staying more dan two weeks, moreover the age restriction isn't serious. Just have a nice reason for traveling, such which u can tell d immigration agents. once ur visa is issued, and u have ur hotel reservation and a good reason for traveling, den immigration matter na Godwin

Thanks a lot dear.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by vikyno(m): 2:01pm On May 15, 2015
Hello house, please I need to know if the recent fire outbreak at the Ministry of Education in Abuja did not affect their work. I intend going for my certificate verification next week.

Anybody in Abuja should help me to clarify this please.

Thanks.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by frostmate: 11:10am On May 16, 2015
Good day house. Please how do I go about getting a new passport at the Nigerian house in Abu Dhabi, what's the turnaround time
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 10:23am On May 17, 2015
frostmate:
Good day house. Please how do I go about getting a new passport at the Nigerian house in Abu Dhabi, what's the turnaround time

Renewal days are only Tuesdays and Thursday 9am to 12pm only.

Cost of passport renewal $112 to be paid via credit card(Mandatory)

Embassy Processing fee 185 Dirhams cash payment
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ugsams(m): 11:57am On May 17, 2015
justi4jesu:

Bookmarked, i'll be renewing mine before expiry in October.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by frostmate: 12:33pm On May 17, 2015
justi4jesu:

Thank you Justi. So I assume payment with credit card will be made on the immigration portal website
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nodawa(m): 12:36pm On May 17, 2015
nodawa:
Good day forum,
is it true that 3months tourist visa expired with a month from the date of issue

pls answer this question now
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 1:02pm On May 17, 2015
nodawa:
Good day forum,
is it true that 3months tourist visa expired with a month from the date of issue

2months from the Date of Issue.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nodawa(m): 1:09pm On May 17, 2015
justi4jesu:

2months from the Date of Issue.

thanks so much.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by kolokolobi(m): 2:34pm On May 17, 2015
I'm bumping into Nigerians here in uae working as security guards in some of the hotels I've been staying in the bur area. Is this what they look forward to I ask. Of course there are proffesionals here but my heart bleeds when I see my guys as valets at hotel entrances. The phillipinos and other nationals have better jobs with dignity. What's wrong? I didn't come to look for a job I came to kill some spare time and catch up on one or two proffesional expos in the ME area So as to know trends in the market. The saying at home is that they are working in dubai and living large. Why?

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 2:58pm On May 17, 2015
kolokolobi:
I'm bumping into Nigerians here in uae working as security guards in some of the hotels I've been staying in the bur area. Is this what they look forward to I ask. Of course there are proffesionals here but my heart bleeds when I see my guys as valets at hotel entrances. The phillipinos and other nationals have better jobs with dignity. What's wrong? I didn't come to look for a job I came to kill some spare time and catch up on one or two proffesional expos in the ME area So as to know trends in the market. The saying at home is that they are working in dubai and living large. Why?

They have to start somewhere,Not all Filipinos and other nationals do good jobs, you can never see a Nigerian working as a Maid but all maids if not 95% in the UAE are Filipinos. The so called security jobs Nigerians are doing and you are talking about, that gives them up to #200,000 as monthly salary and most of them with Transportation and Accommodation inclusive.

Who pays that much in Nigeria for someone without even Waec certificate.

Here you can see a guy/lady working as sales,security,waitress without O level certificate and the salary can never be compared to Nigeria.

That security you see there, next time you come on holiday in maybe months or 1 year, you can go find out about him and you will be told he has resigned for a better job.

Rome wasn't built in a day. They pay securities in Nigeria #15,000(from this same money he will pay transport to work and feeding) tell me how much he gets at the end of the day.

Any job here is better than in Nigeria. The most important thing 'Don't be illegal. Whatever your hand find, do it well and with all your heart and keep pushing for better tomorrow.

Ask those Filipinos when they moved to Dubai, some were here even before they built Burj Khalifa smiley and the likes, so tell me why they won't be working with Emirates Airline(Hello Tomorrow) smiley

Dubai is all about Gulf Experience, once you have started from somewhere and you are focused and also work towards it without relenting then the sky will be your stepping stone.

On a lighter note, allow them to enjoy their various jobs if need be.

11 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by frostmate: 3:14pm On May 17, 2015
kolokolobi:

Madam Justi has said it all. You can imagine someone earning 6000 naira as salary and then there is an opportunity to earn 200000 naira or more in Dubai plus opportunity to get better paying jobs tax free. Not everyone has it all good in Nigeria.

The Filipinos and Indians are more established here but you see them doing worse jobs as well. We are getting there
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by success10(m): 5:22pm On May 17, 2015
justi4jesu:

They have to start somewhere,Not all Filipinos and other nationals do good jobs, you can never see a Nigerian working as a Maid but all maids if not 95% in the UAE are Filipinos. The so called security jobs Nigerians are doing and you are talking about, that gives them up to #200,000 as monthly salary and most of them with Transportation and Accommodation inclusive.

Who pays that much in Nigeria for someone without even Waec certificate.

Here you can see a guy/lady working as sales,security,waitress without O level certificate and the salary can never be compared to Nigeria.

That security you see there, next time you come on holiday in maybe months or 1 year, you can go find out about him and you will be told he has resigned for a better job.

Rome wasn't built in a day. They pay securities in Nigeria #15,000(from this same money he will pay transport to work and feeding) tell me how much he gets at the end of the day.

Any job here is better than in Nigeria. The most important thing 'Don't be illegal. Whatever your hand find, do it well and with all your heart and keep pushing for better tomorrow.

Ask those Filipinos when they moved to Dubai, some were here even before they built Burj Khalifa smiley and the likes, so tell me why they won't be working with Emirates Airline(Hello Tomorrow) smiley

Dubai is all about Gulf Experience, once you have started from somewhere and you are focused and also work towards it without relenting then the sky will be your stepping stone.

On a lighter note, allow them to enjoy their various jobs if need be.
wow..I love this reply..
I have been following this thread since the beginning of this year..
And this is my first time to comment...
@Justi...
Ur response give me more hope in pursuing UAE visa after NYSC.
Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by whocanbewho(m): 5:48pm On May 17, 2015
justi4jesu:

I honestly don't know about that, maybe others can help you with that Info.
okay thank you... Can I verify my visa through any of the airlines or its just restricted to Ethihad and Emiriates.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 6:24pm On May 17, 2015
U CAN START SMALL AND END UP BIG...WHERE THEY ARE SHOULD BE A REFLECTION OF THEIR STRENGTH NOT TO SIT ON THEIR BOSSOMS WAITING FOR SOMETHING BIG...SOME OF DEM ACTUALLY EARN MORE THAN BANKERS ...

IF U HAVE RECOMMENDATIONS OR JOBS ABEG...GIVE DEM

kolokolobi:
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 17, 2015
I just love the respones over here..chaaaiii... how can u compare a taxi driver in Nigeria to the one in USA or London even the Dubai...guy if u have any help please don't hesistat to help the brothers...inugo
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by kolokolobi(m): 6:02am On May 18, 2015
You guys may be right after all. Just had a chat after the gym with one of the guys here on guard. He says he won't be here next month as he had gotten a much better job offer. I was shocked to find out he is a surveyor and knows quite a few people I know and have worked on some projects in nigeria with. His last boss is a known business friend too.
Maybe I should just call it the Nigerian spirit.....never say never.....always resilient.

3 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:27am On May 18, 2015
whocanbewho:
okay thank you... Can I verify my visa through any of the airlines or its just restricted to Ethihad and Emiriates.

Some visas allow you to fly only Etihad and no other airline so I can't tell. I can help you verify it let me have the details.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:33am On May 18, 2015
kolokolobi:
You guys may be right after all. Just had a chat after the gym with one of the guys here on guard. He says he won't be here next month as he had gotten a much better job offer. I was shocked to find out he is a surveyor and knows quite a few people I know and have worked on some projects in nigeria with. His last boss is a known business friend too.
Maybe I should just call it the Nigerian spirit.....never say never.....always resilient.

So never judge a book by its cover, its a foreign land so most people enter and secure any job they find, just to get that residence permit and then stay here and search for better jobs, they are better off than staying back in Nigeria applying from there because people on ground have better advantage.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by adeoye201: 7:52am On May 18, 2015
do I need to attest my credentials in nigeria before I can be able to secure a job in the UAE?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 7:55am On May 18, 2015
adeoye201:
do I need to attest my credentials in nigeria before I can be able to secure a job in the UAE?

Hmmmm read backwards.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 7:59am On May 18, 2015
adeoye201:
noooo u don't need to. just set it on fire oooooo.. see question. firstly who told u about attestation of credentials, secondly : read 3 pages backward.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by whocanbewho(m): 9:30am On May 18, 2015
justi4jesu:

Some visas allow you to fly only Etihad and no other airline so I can't tell. I can help you verify it let me have the details.
I'll be traveling with an employment visa and my company should issue it in the coming days. I asked the question just in case I'm given a ticket other than ethihad or emirates. Maybe Ethiopian or Delta airways for example, will I be able to verify my employment visa with them? Thou I'm not dealing with any agent but I'll just like to double check.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by pj3400(m): 12:50pm On May 18, 2015
Pls which airline can be suggested to me I contact for Dubai Visa processing. The visa is needed urgently and how long will it take to get it.

If any suggestions pls give me the details.

IF am asking a foolish question pls just ignore and u don't need to refer me backward. Pls am begging.

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.