Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,940 members, 7,841,608 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos (16532 Views)

APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper / Nine Days After Alhaji Gay’s Death: Police Patrol And Shops Closed / Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by kettykings: 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
Josh090: Hausa people are the ones who are really marginalized and discriminated against in lagos and most of other southern Nigerian cities or what is it with banning of okadas which is the mainstay of aboki youths?
Igbos are even more fortunate than abokis. Lol.
Just joking tho.

they Abokis used Boko Haram to chase southerners and expatriate out of their states
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by kettykings: 6:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
What MASSOB in all it's wisdom was not able to do , The inept Economic Team of Babatunde Fashola has just done it with this new policy. This will force easterners to rethink their investment in Lagos and start thinking Home

1 Like

Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2013
Who is this eaglechild sef? Why do these noisemakers like assocaiting with birds of prey when their symbol is a chicken, a domesticated noisemaking fowl?
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by kettykings: 6:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
dayokanu:

A registration fee and TAX are two different things

If the Lagos Government required an Existing Business to re register annual then it is no longer a registration fee but a means of Generating money same as Tax , what other business generates money annually not even the money spinning Telecom companies are required to register twice or the delicate and often well regulated pharmaceutical companies register twice in any part of the world
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by 9jaIhail(m): 6:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
olillywales:
Gov. Fashola Closes 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Arrests Traders In Lagos
On Monday, February 11th, 2013
0 Comments | By admin

Lagos State Government has sealed off43 spare parts shops and arrested eight dealers over failure to register the businesses with the government.
The spare parts shops, which are located in Maza Maza, Mile 2 area of the state, were shut by the enforcement unit of the Lagos State Motor Vehicle Administration Agency, in conjunction with officials of the state’s task force.

A statement on Sunday by the agency said the MVAA had earlier closed the spare parts shops, adding that their owners broke the seal and resumed their trade.
Spare parts dealers are supposed to pay an annual registration fee of N50,000 while auto dealers are to pay an annual registration fee of N100,000.

The statement said, “It has been observed that many spare parts and auto dealers have been defaulting in the payment of the annual registrationfees, while a series of sensitisation andtalks to get many of them pay the annual fees had been unsuccessful.
“When the MVAA officials got to the shops to re-effect the closure of the shops, they were attacked by some spare parts dealers.
“Task force officials came to the rescueof MVAA personnel as they arrested eight people for breaking government’s seal and assaulting its officials.

“Other attackers fled on sighting task force officials. The shops were later sealed off.”
The Chairman of the task force, Superintendent of Police Bayo Sulaiman, said the arrested dealers would be arraigned at the state Special Offences Court.

SOURCE- www.informationnaija.com/gov-fashola-closes-43-spare-parts-shops-arrests-traders-in-lagos/

dayokanu:

Thats the thing with you Illiterate Ibos.
The fee is a registration fee. Registration fee is standard and doesnt depend on income.

So tell us where you saw TAX in the above post? Anumanu. Registration fee is always fixed e.g for cars whether you are driving a $200k Mercedes or a $700 jalopy the registration is the same

Dayolodo. I don't expect you to be this daft,what type of English is annual registration fee of 50k. Listen up you coward i have traveled several countries of the world civilized and third worlds, currently doing my business in one of the best business minded country in the world and i have not come across any Govt taxing business men or civil servants anything call annual registration fee if not tax. Whatever you pay to Govt yearly or monthly is nothing but tax.

This is why i kept telling my fellow igbos who blindly believing that thiefnumbu,fashola, and Buhari has their interest at heart to be careful because i see them all digging their grave by their self.

Fashola always aggressive taxing innocent residents of lagos due heavy levy his master Thiefnumbu placed on him and his administration, no wonder Oshemole trying to disassociate himself from these set of crooks.

My friend dayolodo,there is no doubt you can read and write but i am convinced you lacked comprehension.
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 11, 2013
People chill first, did the post say those 40 something traders are all Igbos? Abi na only igbo ppl dey sell for the market?
What about others that paid are they only yorubas?
Let's be real, there's no way fashola will set up a policy to drive out a particular ethnic group without affecting every other people, I think you guys are actually the tribalist here, always looking for a way to blame yoruba ppl for everything. You guys need to cool down.
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by kettykings: 6:57pm On Feb 11, 2013
oyb:

better for most of us - if all these apare part sellers go, our mechanics will only have the genuine toyota dealers to buy from. no need to worry that you're paying top dollar for a piece of ish that will fail within a week

If the part sellers go where will the Car owner get money to buy a brand new Toyota 2013 model engine with which to replace worn out engines or Toyota 2005 Models or will Toyota now start selling fairly used Engines to Lagosians or engines that they don't have in production like the 2005 Toyota corrola models.
What percentage of the impoverished populace that own cars and live in ikorodu , Ajah, Badagry and Mowe can afford brand new cars and brand new engines
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2013
9ja_I_hail: Dayolodo. I don't expect you to be this daft,what type of English is annual registration fee of 50k. Listen up you coward i have traveled several countries of the world civilized and third worlds, currently doing my business in one of the best business minded country in the world and i have not come across any Govt taxing business men or civil servants anything call annual registration fee if not tax. Whatever you pay to Govt yearly or monthly is nothing but tax.

This is why i kept telling my fellow igbos who blindly believing that thiefnumbu,fashola, and Buhari has their interest at heart to be careful because i see them all digging their grave by their self.

Fashola always aggressive taxing innocent residents of lagos due heavy levy his master Thiefnumbu placed on him and his administration, no wonder Oshemole trying to disassociate himself from these set of crooks.

My friend dayolodo,there is no doubt you can read and write but i am convinced you lacked comprehension.

Everyone here should know you are an illiterate with subpar intelligence Example of annual registration fees on businesses
STATE OF VIRGINIA
Every Virginia and registered foreign corporation, limited liability company, limited partnership and business trust is required, by law, to pay an annual registration fee to the State Corporation Commission each year after the year in which it was formed or registered to transact business in Virginia.

http://www.scc.virginia.gov/clk/befaq/an_regfees.aspx#a1

STATE OF GEORGIA

An entity must file an annual registration each year. Finally, it is extremely important that each entity verify its information prior to filing. Filing fees are non-refundable. Corrections can only be made by filing another annual registration. The Secretary of State does not have the statutory authority to rescind registration filings or refund fees once they have been submitted. Additionally, a person who signs a document he or she knows is false in any material respect with the intent that the document be delivered to the Secretary of State for filing shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine not to exceed $500.00. O.

http://www.sos.ga.gov/corporations/ar_terms.htm
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by kettykings: 7:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
This is what Genuine Nigerian businesses will experience under a Kleptomaniac APC Regime, some business will be required to register annually while others are allowed to go on without tax like the Mechanics and the Tailors

1 Like

Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
kettykings: If the Lagos Government required an Existing Business to re register annual then it is no longer a registration fee but a means of Generating money same as Tax , what other business generates money annually not even the money spinning Telecom companies are required to register twice or the delicate and often well regulated pharmaceutical companies register twice in any part of the world

I know you are limited in exposure. But like I posted up there its common practice to have Business renew their registration yearly and pay a fee for such registration

If you cant comply simply ship out
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by kettykings: 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Everyone here should know you are an illiterate with subpar intelligence Example of annual registration fees on businesses

How much is the annual registration fee and when is it assessed?

Every Virginia and registered foreign corporation, limited liability company, limited partnership and business trust is required, by law, to pay an annual registration fee to the State Corporation Commission each year after the year in which it was formed or registered to transact business in Virginia.

For stock corporations, the annual registration fee is based on the number of shares the corporation is authorized to issue according to the records of the Commission as of the first day of the second month preceding the month in which it was incorporated or registered to transact business in Virginia. The current corporation fee schedule is available in a form titled Annual Corporation Requirements and Fee Schedule.

For nonstock corporations, the annual registration fee is $25. It is assessed as of the first day of the second month preceding the month in which the corporation was incorporated or registered to transact business in Virginia.

For limited liability companies, the annual registration fee is $50. It is assessed as of the first day of the second month preceding the month in which the company was formed or registered to transact business in Virginia.

For limited partnerships and business trusts, the annual registration fee is $50, which is assessed as of July 1.

For nonstock corporations, the annual registration fee is $25. It is assessed as of the first day of the second month preceding the month in which the corporation was incorporated or registered to transact business in Virginia.

The Spare parts traders have been in existence for more than 10 years in Lagos some 30 years, what happens to the Mechanics , Tailors , Food Vendors are they not non stock Business too.

even at that the Government of Virginia is charging an equivalent of N4000 or $25 while Lagos Government just woke up from the Slumber and is charging N50000 to N75000 or $4000 to $5000
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by aribisala0(m): 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Dayolodo. I don't expect you to be this daft,what type of English is annual registration fee of 50k. Listen up you coward i have traveled several countries of the world civilized and third worlds, currently doing my business in one of the best business minded country in the world and i have not come across any Govt taxing business men or civil servants anything call annual registration fee if not tax. Whatever you pay to Govt yearly or monthly is nothing but tax.

That is absolute rubbish.Even to practice as a professional whether lawyer account etc you require licences in many countries.You can call it registration.licence,permit or whatever but it relates to those fields where government feels there is a need for some degree of control and regulation.
In many jurisdictions you will need to be licenced to practice as a butcher,to run an abattoir or in many businesses that have to do with public safety like selling medicines,firearms etc. What is behing this is quite clear : how can someone with one million naira be selling spare parts? Is it chewing gum? Do you know that spare parts are subject to Standards Organization Regulation and many other rules. In all reality there should not be more than 10- 20 companies selling spare parts in Lagos. This is a business for companies not traders . So when parts are defective you can go back and make a claim. How can a member of the public make a claim off traders who are prepared to attack government officials. Why don't we allow individuals to open banks in their parlour?

We need companies not petty traders in this sector. The traders should go back to the drawing board and merge into larger entities.It is called consolidation. One reason why Nigeria remains backward in business is we have not learnt how to operate using companies. Every one wants to be oga but there are some sectors/industries where this makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by skyfall: 7:06pm On Feb 11, 2013
I see some funny comments here. Spare parts guys are very rich o. Many of them control 10s of millions of naira. 50k is nothing to them. And they want to enjoy smooth n clean roads, security etc in Lagos. I pay almost 200k to LASG per annum as tax. Abeg go and pay and keep quiet jare.
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
kettykings:

If the part sellers go where will the Car owner get money to buy a brand new Toyota 2013 model engine with which to replace worn out engines or Toyota 2005 Models or will Toyota now start selling fairly used Engines to Lagosians or engines that they don't have in production like the 2005 Toyota corrola models.
What percentage of the impoverished populace that own cars and live in ikorodu , Ajah, Badagry and Mowe can afford brand new cars and brand new engines

as long as their fellow dealers of flood damaged and accidented cars go with them - no problem. the sellers of crap car and crap spare parts nuture each other in a vicious cycle in which the consumer winds up spending all his spare time with the mechanic
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 11, 2013
skyfall: I see some funny comments here. Spare parts guys are very rich o. Many of them control 10s of millions of naira. 50k is nothing to them. I pay almost 200k to LASG per annum as tax. Abeg go and pay and keep quiet jare.

thank you jare

i don't know who they think they are deceiving. my mechanic was telling me about how spare parts sellers who don't even have stalls per se, always make sure they buy suv every xmas to show off in the village. thats 2-3 milla straight

1 Like

Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by kettykings: 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2013
How on Earth will a Governor who went about boasting to the high heavens that his state can do without Oil revenue go about imposing discriminatory and unbearable taxes on a segment of the Business community in the state even when the same Government does next to nothing to provide infrastructure except Planting grasses and trees which are not of any economic benefit to the Business community, if you must tax , tax all business Fashola and stop predatory and parasitic Business taxes

kettykings:

For stock corporations, the annual registration fee is based on the number of shares the corporation is authorized to issue according to the records of the Commission as of the first day of the second month preceding the month in which it was incorporated or registered to transact business in Virginia. The current corporation fee schedule is available in a form titled Annual Corporation Requirements and Fee Schedule.

For limited liability companies, the annual registration fee is $50. It is assessed as of the first day of the second month preceding the month in which the company was formed or registered to transact business in Virginia.

For limited partnerships and business trusts, the annual registration fee is $50, which is assessed as of July 1.

The Spare parts traders have been in existence for more than 10 years in Lagos some 30 years, what happens to the Mechanics , Tailors , Food Vendors are they not non stock Business too.

even at that the Government of Virginia is charging an equivalent of N4000 or $25 while Lagos Government just woke up from the Slumber and is charging N50000 to N75000 or $4000 to $5000
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by 9jaIhail(m): 7:13pm On Feb 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Dayolodo see how you kept making fool of yourself, why not post this part of the article you extracted your fact from? Below write up is from your link.

The Bolded parts shows us that in Virginia where such thing took place it has categories, but in lagos every motor parts dealer small or big tasked to pay 50k, all auto dealers big or small firm tasked 100k what a jungle law.

Well, i expected it that your olodolistic nature will never allowed you to see the point.
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by aribisala0(m): 7:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/scotland/law_s/law_legal_system_s/law_licences_and_official_permission_s/licences_and_other_types_of_official_permission_scotland.htm
In scotland e.g you need to pay a licence fee to operate as a butcher or run many other small businesses

Even a bouncer at a night club needs a licence.
You need a licence to kill bushmeat too
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 7:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
@Kettyking and 9jaihail
So whats your point?

[size=18pt]Do Companies in Virginia pay an ANNUAL registration fee or NOT?[/size]
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by kettykings: 7:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
How on Earth will a Governor who went about boasting to the high heavens that his state can do without Oil revenue go about imposing discriminatory and unbearable taxes on a segment of the Business community in the state even when the same Government does next to nothing to provide infrastructure except Planting grasses and trees which are not of any economic benefit to the Business community, if you must tax , tax all business Fashola and stop predatory and parasitic Business taxes

kettykings:

Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 7:17pm On Feb 11, 2013
kettykings: How on Earth will a Governor who went about boasting to the high heavens that his state can do without Oil revenue go about imposing discriminatory and unbearable taxes on a segment of the Business community in the state even when the same Government does next to nothing to provide infrastructure except Planting grasses and trees which are not of any economic benefit to the Business community, if you must tax , tax all business Fashola and stop predatory and parasitic Business taxes

You are still as senseless as ever Fashola boasted he can survive without Oil money because he would generate money intenally from taxes, Registration fees etc. Thats why he is ramping up effort to make your brothers pay up or simply close shop

If you are not comfortable with the taxes take a one way bus to your village and open shop

No be by force

1 Like

Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by 9jaIhail(m): 7:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
aribisala0:
That is absolute rubbish.Even to practice as a professional whether lawyer account etc you require licences in many countries.You can call it registration.licence,permit or whatever but it relates to those fields where government feels there is a need for some degree of control and regulation.
In many jurisdictions you will need to be licenced to practice as a butcher,to run an abattoir or in many businesses that have to do with public safety like selling medicines,firearms etc. What is behing this is quite clear : how can someone with one million naira be selling spare parts? Is it chewing gum? Do you know that spare parts are subject to Standards Organization Regulation and many other rules. In all reality there should not be more than 10- 20 companies selling spare parts in Lagos. This is a business for companies not traders . So when parts are defective you can go back and make a claim. How can a member of the public make a claim off traders who are prepared to attack government officials. Why don't we allow individuals to open banks in their parlour?

We need companies not petty traders in this sector. The traders should go back to the drawing board and merge into larger entities.It is called consolidation. One reason why Nigeria remains backward in business is we have not learnt how to operate using companies. Every one wants to be oga but there are some sectors/industries where this makes no sense.

@ the bolded does not need long grammars, it called trade permit, Despite my business has gone international i still run some electronics shops in some part of Nigeria. We pay trade permit yearly to local council. After paying that i doubt if there should be need for another annual registration fee or whatever to Govt except tax which has to do with your income.

You guys should quite hypocrite.
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by Wadeoye(m): 7:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
debosky: If it is proven that those traders indeed attacked lawful agents of the government, they should have the book thrown at them with the full force of the law.

There is too much mob mentality on display in Lagos - if you don't agree with a law, you challenge it through the valid channels. You do not resort to beating up officials who are only doing their job.

Instead of dealing with the issue at hand, some delusional folk are talking about people having 'virtually bought up' Lagos. If they have indeed virtually bought up Lagos, how come they can't pay 'chicken change' 100k levy?

Thanks - very intelligent but Igbos will avoid answering your question.

Those guys arrested should be treated exactly like miscreants which they are and the full weight of the law should be brought on them. Whoever is not happy should return to SE bush for spare parts business. How can you be doing business and you dont want to pay tax? How do these uncivilized villagers expect the government to function?
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by aribisala0(m): 7:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

@ the bolded does not need long grammars, it called trade permit, Despite my business has gone international i still run some electronics shops in some part of Nigeria. We pay trade permit yearly to local council. After paying that i doubt if there should be need for another annual registration fee or whatever to Govt except tax which has to do with your income.

You guys should quite hypocrite.
Not everything is a subject of simple trading or the same fee. Some people are licensed to sell guns,explosives, medicines or aircraft while others sell chin chin and puff puff. They cannot and should not pay the same licence fee. Lagos is saying it takes the sale of spare parts quite seriously and not just an ordinary trade item.That is the message. High fees are a valid instrument for reducing the number of players and sanitizing a sector. Selling spare parts is not the same as selling tomato
Now regarding you calling me a hypocrite I will overlook that on this occasion. Please do not call me names.My normal practice is to respond to that by abusing your parents and wishing them a painful death always. I will not do that now but be warned. No name calling.

2 Likes

Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by CyberG: 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
kettykings:

You must be an illiterate or just very dull if you can't even convert N50,000 to naira at the rate of say N150 = $1. ==> 50,000/150 X $1 = $ 333.33. How is that $ 4,000?? Playing the victim had added to your stupidi.ty obviously.
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On Feb 11, 2013
kettykings:

When you were told to go to school you refused

Can you explain how N50,000 = $5,000 Illiterate

2 Likes

Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by EkoIle1: 7:45pm On Feb 11, 2013
kettykings: for the umpteenth time , i want to re emphasis that the lagos state government has no Economist or an Economic team their misplaced priorities are just too monumental to ignore .

First the banned Okada leading to the loss of about 40,000 okadas whose revenue is about N4B every month , if that was taxed that would yield about N200M to about N800M a month . Lagos has just shut it self on the foot, this has led to a migration of the bulk of Okada men out of lagos without an alternative to Okada , this has adversely affected food business, house rentals , Fuel consumption and motor part sales

Secondly the Lagos Governor goofed when he announced to the whole world that Lagos is the only state can do without oil revenue with out following it with Action.

Thirdly he has shut himself in the foot by raising taxes on Motor parts traders which will lead to the high cost of motor parts and will force a lot of motor parts traders to relocate to neighbouring states and ultimtely to their home base . this will adversely affect the price of car/motor parts lead to increases in transportation fare and cost of car and negatively affect the troubled transportation sector of the Lagos economy.

any car owner that wants minor repairs can now do it in Lagos but for major repairs will now travel outside lagos and effect the repairs therefore leading to economic flight from lagos

I'm pretty sure you know that our mentality is not the same like you backward and primitive villagers. Safety, security, law and order means more to us than your lawlessness, violence and money above all culture where you kidnap and kill each other for money.

One human life means more to us than 1 billion trillion okada we chase off our streets and I wonder why people banned okada in your villages. Why not just reverse your ban and appeal to all the okada in Lagos to head to your villages for normal operations instead of all the crying and moaning.....

2 Likes

Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by kettykings: 7:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
dayokanu:

You are still as senseless as ever Fashola boasted he can survive without Oil money because he would generate money intenally from taxes, Registration fees etc. Thats why he is ramping up effort to make your brothers pay up or simply close shop

If you are not comfortable with the taxes take a one way bus to your village and open shop

No be by force

If you were not as brainless as Fashola you would have realized that arbitrarily increasing Registration Fees and Taxes will lead to Reduction in Spending which will end up making companies realize a smaller revenue that will force a decrease in over all Economic Growth and caused the Lagos Government not to meet up with their Budget expectations .
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by kettykings: 7:50pm On Feb 11, 2013
CyberG:

You must be an illiterate or just very dull if you can't even convert N50,000 to naira at the rate of say N150 = $1. ==> 50,000/150 X $1 = $ 333.33. How is that $ 4,000?? Playing the victim had added to your stupidi.ty obviously.

Is that the only Disparity you are seeing in the figures can you not see that brainless fellow is charging more than times 10 registration fees for just planting trees and grasses
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by manny4life(m): 7:50pm On Feb 11, 2013
Why is my state VA all over this thread? angry angry angry angry
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by aribisala0(m): 7:50pm On Feb 11, 2013
Quite often cars are stolen and broken up and sold as "parts" and people want the government not to know who genuine dealers are. We need to sanitize the market and eschew sentiment
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
manny4life: Why is my state VA all over this thread? angry angry angry angry

Because thats an example of a state that charges annual registration fees for businesses just like Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bomb Scare Causes Pandemonium In Sokoto / Press Release: Our Concrete Achievements Not Propaganda And Lies - Buhari / Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.