Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,727 members, 7,837,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded (20325 Views)

Metuh’s Torn Statement Linked Jonathan To N400m – EFCC / Kogi APC Torn Apart, Audu Adopted For Polls / Lawmaker's Cloth Torn After The Fight At The National Assembly (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by gidiMonsta(m): 10:05am On Feb 13, 2013
babyosisi: [size=28pt]Achebe speaks on the world stage,they reply him on nairaland and oshun defender grin grin grin
Who is the bigger masquerade?
[/size]
I didn't bother to read that garbage sha

[size=16pt]MUBARAK, BEN ALI AND GHADDAFI COMMANDED GREAT ARMIES AND SPOKE AT LENGTH ON THE GREATEST OF STAGES. GUESS WHAT? THEIR DEMISE STARTED ON TWITTER!![/size]

5 Likes

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by gidiMonsta(m): 10:07am On Feb 13, 2013
Afam4eva: Since this Damola guy is soo intelligent how come his intelligent has not made him world acclaimed? @justasking

Damola Awoyokun, a Structural and Marine Engineer in London is also the Executive Editor of Pwc Review. He can be reached at executiveeditor AT pwc-review DOT com
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 13, 2013
7842I:

"Proove" grin
And you claim to have been through primary school? Pathetic!

What a lame response? You're drooling over a simple typo? Whether it is proove or prove or even proof what matters is the message being passed across. If you want to show your prowess in the use of English language may be you can create a thread for that and invite me over. You claimed 'billions'read ashebe's book yet you have no evidence to back this up. Instead of drooling over my typing error why not provide a reply to my post?
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 10:19am On Feb 13, 2013
gidiMonsta:

[size=16pt]MUBARAK, BEN ALI AND GHADDAFI COMMANDED GREAT ARMIES AND SPOKE AT LENGTH ON THE GREATEST OF STAGES. GUESS WHAT? THEIR DEMISE STARTED ON TWITTER!![/size]

You should have started a revolution, if you are brave enough, and guess what, it will consume OBJ and IBB first.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 10:25am On Feb 13, 2013
inufele2:

What a lame response? You're drooling over a simple typo? Whether it is proove or prove or even proof what matters is the message being passed across. If you want to show your prowess in the use of English language may be you can create a thread for that and invite me over. You claimed 'billions'read ashebe's book yet you have no evidence to back this up. Instead of drooling over my typing error why not provide a reply to my post?

You cannot even spell "Achebe" correctly and you are here talking? I will not create a new English topic, what's the point in using a sledge hammer to kill a common houseflygrin
Seriously you need to read Chinua Achebe's books, the man tried to cure illiteracy and stupidity, you need a dose of his medicine.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by ow11(m): 10:33am On Feb 13, 2013
All posters should read this and move on

'' O'Cornell argues that the lack of constitutionalism and disregard for rule of law fuel psychology of insecurities in all ethnic groups. He fingers as an inevitable cause of our national instability, Nigerians’ “failure to find an identity and loyalty beyond their primordial communities that lead them constantly to choose their fellow workers, political and administrative, from the same community, ignoring considerations of merit.” ''

This is the genesis of corruption, bigotry and the current chaos that plagues Nigeria today. Secession is not the answer!
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 13, 2013
7842I:

You cannot even spell "Achebe" correctly and you are here talking? I will not create a new English topic, what's the point in using a sledge hammer to kill a common houseflygrin
Seriously you need to read Chinu Achebe's books, the man tried to cure illiteracy and stupidity, you need a dose of his medicine.

See how much you tried to avoid providing an answer to my question? Is ashebe an English name? And what is so difficult in his name to spell? I'll spell his name in any manner I deem fit for the purpose of this forum.
Now answer the question provide evidence of these 'billions' that read ashebe's book or shut up! You think you can come over to this thread to make ridiculous claim about the achievements of your fictional writer?
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 10:42am On Feb 13, 2013
inufele2:

See how much you tried to avoid providing an answer to my question? Is ashebe an English name? And what is so difficult in his name to spell? I'll spell his name in any manner I deem fit for the purpose of this forum.
Now answer the question provide evidence of these 'billions' that read ashebe's book or shut up! You think you can come over to this thread to make ridiculous claim about the achievements of your fictional writer?

If you think Achebe is not an English word, try google search. If wikipedia can spell it correctly and you cannot, then you need to learn Latingrin
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 13, 2013
7842I:

That state has standard hospitals, UNTH, Parklane and Niger Foundation with foreign doctors, go and check. And I find nothong wrong with a citizen who can pay for his medical bills to be forced to take treatment at home just because he is governor, where is his fundamental human rights?
And you, yes you, has anybody ever forced you to take treatment in any place you don't like? How did you feel afterwards?

See you life in the open! So you cannot even spell 'nothing'
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 13, 2013
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 11:02am On Feb 13, 2013
inufele2:

See you life in the open! So you cannot even spell the 'nothing'

Go on, edit my post to stop your shame and humiliationgrin
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 13, 2013
7842I:

What amuses me is the way Keshi kept beating those white coaches from opposing teams, he must be having a biiiig laugh now grin grin grin

See you life in the open!
The link is there for all to see except of course you quickly go back to change them.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 13, 2013
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 13, 2013
7842I:

Go on, edit my post to stop your shame and humiliationgrin

The links are posted above, there are many more that time will not permit me to expose, may be you should consider posting in your Igbo language.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by seanet01: 11:12am On Feb 13, 2013
78421 is a clown,
just because of a typo you start bragging about?
That is what immature people normally resort to when faced with a more intelligent and rational MISSILES.
You need to grow up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:22am On Feb 13, 2013
seanet01: 78421 is a clown,
That is what immature people normally resort to when faced with a more intelligent and rational MISSILES.
You need to grow up.

^^^Trust me, YOU (of all people) are in no position to accuse anyone of acting 'immature' and give advice to 'grow up'.

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 13, 2013
You need to grow up.

The hypocrisy of it is that he makes the same mistakes himself, I will understand his stand if this thread is all about our knowledge of English language. His actions are purely an attempt to avoid accepting the fact that his assertion about Achebe's sucess was totally wrong and just a mere exaggeration.

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by T9ksy(m): 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Trust me, YOU (of all people) are in no position to accuse anyone of acting 'immature' and give advice to 'grow up'.

Trust you, ke? Are you a (literary) God like you senile, physically and psychologically challenged achebe?

Sorry, but no one (except of course, his kinsmen)trust or believe what achebe wrote in his memoirs nor do we trust or accept

whatever emanate from the gob of your ilk.

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 12:55pm On Feb 13, 2013
You need to grow up.

The typo is glaring in this case because he is talking about a literary god. You are immature if you think I am immature.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Dede1(m): 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2013
ow11: All posters should read this and move on

'' O'Cornell argues that the lack of constitutionalism and disregard for rule of law fuel psychology of insecurities in all ethnic groups. He fingers as an inevitable cause of our national instability, Nigerians’ “failure to find an identity and loyalty beyond their primordial communities that lead them constantly to choose their fellow workers, political and administrative, from the same community, ignoring considerations of merit.” ''

This is the genesis of corruption, bigotry and the current chaos that plagues Nigeria today. Secession is not the answer!

For the sake of your half life, you could have avoided the bolded in your post. I guess O’Cornell could be Scottish or Irish. The people of his\her primordial communities have sought or have intention to seek loyalty toward a nation state which will engender national stability. The French, Italians, Germans, Russians, English and many other European ethnicities sought national stability by finding a common channel of loyalty.

Granted you are a typical Nigerian, I am not surprised you intentionally overlooked a post equated the call for consideration of merit to chest beating. To avoid the evitable bloody war, Nigeria and Nigerians should seriously consider the ways to disengage from the colonial contraption called Nigeria.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by seanet01: 1:01pm On Feb 13, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

Will STFU?
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
dayokanu: Achebe has been proven once again to be a senile cripple.

Hall of Shame 2012 winner
na pesin papa you dey call senile cripple? am really disaappointed at your utterances! you will never change, would you? you guys should continue killing yourselves on Chinua Achebe like he gives a fucck about you haters.gosh! angry angry
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by gidiMonsta(m): 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
7842I:

You should have started a revolution, if you are brave enough, and guess what, it will consume OBJ and IBB first.

Kilanso, kini ode yii nso?

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
Apart from the some Iboz..I don't think anyone else believe in ashebe tissue of lies.

Only Iboz accept his lies as facts...and for obvious reasons too.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 13, 2013
7842I:

The typo is glaring in this case because he is talking about a literary god. You are immature if you think I am immature.

You don't talk in an online forum you post!
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
SATAN IS MORE TRUTHFULL THAN PA CHINUA ABGAYA ACHEBE
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by demmie1: 1:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^I'm just starting to realise this as well.

Achebe has earned my respect a thousand times over with this book. By now peeps should realise Achebe is someone that speaks his mind and the truth no matter whose 'delicate' sensibilities are hurt. He's a legend!

'with this book he says' quote a page in the book if you have read it. at least if he earned your respect with it, there would have been something special in it to make him earn it.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Dede1(m): 1:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
gidiMonsta:

Damola Awoyokun, a Structural and Marine Engineer in London is also the Executive Editor of Pwc Review. He can be reached at executiveeditor AT pwc-review DOT com

There is no need to reach Demola Awoyokun for regurgitating the craps Nowa Omoigui has been forced to retract. It is very funny PWC Review has this lame fraud as executive editor. Believe me, if this joker named Damola Awoyokun is gainfully employed by PwC, that PricewaterhouseCooper, LLC, he\she is about to lose his\her job. There is no room in a the editorial staff of PwC for a plagiarist.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
T9ksy:

Trust you, ke? Are you a (literary) God like you senile, physically and psychologically challenged achebe?

Sorry, but no one (except of course, his kinsmen)trust or believe what achebe wrote in his memoirs nor do we trust or accept

whatever emanate from the gob of your ilk.

You must submit yourself to the reign of Achebe, or be forced to eat your words as Keshi made you bigots to.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 1:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
inufele2:

You don't talk in an online forum you post!

You don't talk in an online forum (comma) you post!

I will keep teaching you English, I learnt from the best, Achebe grin
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 1:36pm On Feb 13, 2013
Dede1:

There is no need to reach Demola Awoyokun for regurgitating the craps Nowa Omoigui has been forced to retract. It is very funny PWC Review has this lame fraud as executive editor. Believe me, if this joker named Damola Awoyokun is gainfully employed by PwC, that PricewaterhouseCooper, LLC, he\she is about to lose his\her job. There is no room in a the editorial staff of PwC for a plagiarist.

The Demola guy is just seeking for attention, but a butterfly can never graduate to a bird grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Boko Haram Sells Seized Goats To Owners / Court Refuses To Stop Appointment Of Senate Minority Leader / Sabo Garba Forged Academic Certificate - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.