Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,748 members, 7,837,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded (20328 Views)

Metuh’s Torn Statement Linked Jonathan To N400m – EFCC / Kogi APC Torn Apart, Audu Adopted For Polls / Lawmaker's Cloth Torn After The Fight At The National Assembly (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 4:35am On Feb 13, 2013
seanet01: Afam with all sincerity, you have no brains.
So he has no right to speak on his own opinion?
I have always known you as a bigot,
but you just took it to the gutters.
I wonder oooo..... Since the ''most intelligent'' Man during Biafra has talked no Man should talk again!!!

Tribal E-MOD......everything,he viewed it from tribal points first before arguing illogically.......only God knows how he think.......!!!

No matter the heading of an article,u read it first before passing comment/Judgement........even my Ars.e know this!!!

5 Likes

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 4:38am On Feb 13, 2013
It is funny how the entire western Nigeria has been struggling to discredit the great works of a great literary giant with funny write ups like this one. I know more will be written but the truth has since been exposed, moral of the story, you cannot back stab another person and expect him to forget it. Good work Achebe.

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 4:40am On Feb 13, 2013
donroxy: I wonder oooo..... Since the most intelligent Man during Biafra has talked no Man should talk again!!!

Tribal E-LORD/MOD!!!

Do mere mortals reply oracles?
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 4:56am On Feb 13, 2013
7842I: It is funny how the entire western Nigeria has been struggling to discredit the great works of a great literary giant with funny write ups like this one. I know more will be written but the truth has since been exposed, moral of the story, you cannot back stab another person and expect him to forget it. Good work Achebe.

Enough detailed and factual rebuttals have been written to consign the falsehood published as memoir to dustbin of history. The book can not be referenced now without this statement: Several accounts in the book are disputed. A book with such a caveat cannot be authoritative which in any case has turned the memoir to a worthless piece of paper.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 4:57am On Feb 13, 2013
7842I:

Do mere mortals reply oracles?
Yes, where Mortals are sensible and resonable than Oracles OR where Oracle lies and disseminate falsehood to suit itself.....infact,where Oracle is illogical,Selfish and senseless then Mortals shall challenge the sanity of such misleading ORACLE!!

Am not ur mate in dis kinda ''talk''......so think better before giving me dis kinda trash abt Oracles!!!

Village kid!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 5:01am On Feb 13, 2013
donroxy: Yes, where Mortals are sensible than Oracles OR where Oracle lies!!!

Am not ur mate in dis kinda ''talk''......so think better before giving me dis kinda trash abt Oracles!!!

Achebe, the oracle has spoken. All these attempts at arguing with the oracle can only get you head chopped off to be sacrificed to the gods.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 5:03am On Feb 13, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Enough detailed and factual rebuttals have been written to consign the falsehood published as memoir to dustbin of history. The book can not be referenced now without this statement: Several accounts in the book are disputed. A book with such a caveat cannot be authoritative which in any case has turned the memoir to a worthless piece of paper.

If it is worthless as you claimed, why has fashola, obasanjo and every other useless westerner been crying like babies about it?

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 5:10am On Feb 13, 2013
7842I:

Achebe, the oracle has spoken. All these attempts at arguing with the oracle can only get you head chopped off to be sacrificed to the gods.
That only happens in ur village(which must be extremely remote) where some peeps were banished to the gods.......this is Nigeria and this is 21st century.......wisen up and get emancipated from ur clannish mentality at least u could use internet!!!

Achebe is not even 1/100 of a diviner talkless an Oracle..........A man who could not see beyond his clan/nose can never be an Oracle!!!

IFA olokun a soro dayo(hails to Oracle)!!!

4 Likes

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 5:16am On Feb 13, 2013
donroxy:
That only happened in ur village where some peeps were banished to the gods.......this is Nigeria and this 21st century.......wisen up and get emancipated from ur clannish mentality!!!!!

Achebe is not even 1/100 of a diviner talkless an Oracle..........A man who could not see beyond his clan/nose can never be an Oracle,Oracle can see the whole world!!!

IFA olokun a soro dayo(hails to Oracle)

If Achebe is not a mighty oracle, why is Fashola, obasanjo, you and other western people been worshipping him since last year, well thanks for showing face and bringing sacrificial gifts to your oracle.

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 5:19am On Feb 13, 2013
7842I:

If Achebe is not a mighty oracle, why is Fashola, obasanjo, you and other western people been worshipping him since last year, well thanks for showing face and bringing sacrificial gifts to your oracle.

continue reading dis post,it shall satisfy all ur clannish and myopic mentality
donroxy:
That only happens in ur village(which must be extremely remote) where some peeps were banished to the gods.......this is Nigeria and this is 21st century.......wisen up and get emancipated from ur clannish mentality at least u could use internet!!!

Achebe is not even 1/100 of a diviner talkless an Oracle..........A man who could not see beyond his clan/nose can never be an Oracle!!!

the above post is my final assignment for u until u gat more reasonable yearn than ashebe himself!!!
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 5:23am On Feb 13, 2013
donroxy:

continue reading dis post,it shall satisfy all ur clannish and myopic mentalitythe above post is my final assignment for u until u gat more reasonable yearn than ashebe himself!!!

Hehehehee grin
Your taps has run dry, now run away before I pounce on you with my village cutlass, your head will be well accepted by the shrine grin

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 13, 2013
7842I:

Hehehehee grin
Your taps has run dry, now run away before I pounce on you with my village cutlass, your head will be well accepted by the shrine grin
since u can't read and comprehend......I hereby run away!!!

*run out*.....!!!!
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 5:28am On Feb 13, 2013
donroxy: since u can't read and comprehend......I hereby run away!!!

*run out*.....!!!!

(chases him with a blunt cutlass) Come back here grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by dayokanu(m): 5:32am On Feb 13, 2013
donroxy:

Villages where they designate some people named Osu to be food for gods

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by OneNaira6: 6:38am On Feb 13, 2013
Damn so some people from that region of Nigeria are still crying about this book. Do they not realize they single handily promoted the book more than any other groups? ROFLMFAO. I bought the book simply to know what the hoolah is about but learned alot about Biafra. How many months have it been and they still crying and bitching. Women with d1cks I tell ya.
Na wa oo. Well, man no go cry. Igbos have been trying to spread the story of Biafra so Yoruba thank you in a way for doing that. More write-up of their own version of "the truth" so "there was a country" can continue to spread.

We all gathered and greet "DALU!!!!!"

Long Live Chinua Achebe and Long live "There is a country"

Go get your own "There is a country" by Chinua Achebe if you have not gotten it.

That is my reply for this sh1t of a rebuttal by some unknown to the great Achebe, not worth reading or even analyzing.

5 Likes

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by pazienza(m): 7:15am On Feb 13, 2013
Haha! Intellectual midgets from yorubaland throwing lilliputian darts at an intellectual god like achebe is so funny to watch.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 13, 2013
7842I:

If it is worthless as you claimed, why has fashola, obasanjo and every other useless westerner been crying like babies about it?

No one is crying like babies and no one is useless (or ma be your father is) the book is being disputed because:

1. It is full of lies
2. It is capable of misinforming the young generation many of whom are very lazy to read or make their on research
3. It is cheap propaganda and any cheap propaganda like such should be discredited to prevent it from sending the wrong message

Finally, rather than mourning and throwing tantrum simply read the article and come up with your facts to disprove them or shut up.

8 Likes

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 13, 2013
pazienza: Haha! Intellectual midgets from yorubaland throwing lilliputian darts at an intellectual god like achebe is so funny to watch.

Intellectual god? just for writing fictional books? I wonder what we should call someone like Isaac Newton and many other reknowned scientists and inventors. Igbos think ashebe is a god just for writing fictional books! you guys are a lost case!

6 Likes

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 13, 2013
pazienza: Haha! Intellectual midgets from yorubaland throwing lilliputian darts at an intellectual god like achebe is so funny to watch.
SO MUCH FOR AN INTELLECTUAL god WHO RESORTED TO LIES, FALSEHOOD, AND COOKED-UP FACTS IN WRITING A BOOK. FORTUNATELY NOT ALL US ARE AS GULLIBLE AS HIS TRIBAL KINSMEN WHO ACCEPTS THIS INACCURATE PROPAGANDA MATERIAL AS THE GOSPEL TRUTH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 13, 2013
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Ngwakwe: 8:45am On Feb 13, 2013
This is 2013.

Gossips who were not even born before or during the war are all out to mourn, nag, and feed themselves with false illusion of Intelligence without accomplishments.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 8:47am On Feb 13, 2013
lakhadimar: SO MUCH FOR AN INTELLECTUAL god WHO RESORTED TO LIES, FALSEHOOD, AND COOKED-UP FACTS IN WRITING A BOOK. FORTUNATELY NOT ALL US ARE AS GULLIBLE AS HIS TRIBAL KINSMEN WHO ACCEPTS THIS INACCURATE PROPAGANDA MATERIAL AS THE GOSPEL TRUTH

Achebe is an intellectual god, GBAM! The hammer has fallen! You can apeal at a later date grin
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 8:51am On Feb 13, 2013
inufele2:

Intellectual god? just for writing fictional books? I wonder what we should call someone like Isaac Newton and many other reknowned scientists and inventors. Igbos think ashebe is a god just for writing fictional books! you guys are a lost case!

Show us the excercise book you used in primary school if you ever went to any school. Achebe wrote books read by billions of people, that makes him a god, ruling over people like you.

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by GARRIx7(m): 9:39am On Feb 13, 2013
Ashebe truly is a god..

A god of LIES

A god of Deceit

A god of Bigotry

A god of Bitterness

A god of Mendacity

All hail Ashebe, Winner 2012 Hall of Shame!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Gangnam(m): 9:42am On Feb 13, 2013
7842I:

Show us the excercise book you used in primary school if you ever went to any school. Achebe wrote books read by billions of people, that makes him a god, ruling over people like you.

smiley I agree he's an intellectual god alright. You have to be some sort of intellectual god to fabricate stories to mislead millions the way he has done it. grin grin grin
However, on a serious note, the main point I got from this article is that, Achebe is almost as culpable as Ojukwu for the waste of plenty of Igbo lives in the failed war. He was part of the inner caucus "yes men" Ojukwu surrounded himself with, as pointed out by the writer and Achebe himself. Their short-sighted and highly mono-coloured elitist world view led to the unnecessary death of many "common" people, Biafrans and Nigerians alike. That same parochial view is what he has translated into his delusional memoir to mislead many more and fan the embers of their failed ambition.

5 Likes

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by texazzpete(m): 9:43am On Feb 13, 2013
Freewilly:

Even the hungry forest vultures in the evil forest won't come close to his filthy offemmanu caucus. I'm just saying ohhhh!! No offense.

At your advanced age, you can't spell 'carcass'?!

You need Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 13, 2013
7842I:

You're a disgrace to yourself for writing that piece of shhh!t you posted above.
What is the population of the whole world out of which these 'billions' of yours read ashebe's book?
If you want to see the exercise book I used, you have to proove to me that you have once in your life spent 10kobo coins and fifty kobo notes otherwise go and ask your parents the same question.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 9:57am On Feb 13, 2013
inufele2:

You're a disgrace to yourself for writing that piece of shhh!t you posted above.
What is the population of the whole world out of which these 'billions' of yours read ashebe's book?
If you want to see the exercise book I used, you have to proove to me that you have once in your life spent 10kobo coins and fifty kobo notes otherwise go and ask your parents the same question.

"Proove" grin
And you claim to have been through primary school? Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by 7842I: 10:00am On Feb 13, 2013
Gangnam:

smiley I agree he's an intellectual god alright. You have to be some sort of intellectual god to fabricate stories to mislead millions the way he has done it. grin grin grin
However, on a serious note, the main point I got from this article is that, Achebe is almost as culpable as Ojukwu for the waste of plenty of Igbo lives in the failed war. He was part of the inner caucus "yes men" Ojukwu surrounded himself with, as pointed out by the writer and Achebe himself. Their short-sighted and highly mono-coloured elitist world view led to the unnecessary death of many "common" people, Biafrans and Nigerians alike. That same parochial view is what he has translated into his delusional memoir to mislead many more and fan the embers of their failed ambition.

Since you agree he is a god over your literary life, OK, the rest of your points are wide off topic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

I Salute Their Courage: Buhari Mourns Soldiers Killed By ISWAP Terrorists / Police Arrest Eze Ekene Obinali Over Anti-Uzodinma Publication (Photo) / Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.