Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,548 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Ask An African-american A Question - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ask An African-american A Question (20284 Views)

Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / I Hate Being An African American Woman / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask An African-american A Question by doyin13(m): 11:49pm On Mar 17, 2008
Why don't Akatas bear names like Kunta Kinte.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by 4Him(m): 11:49pm On Mar 17, 2008
D-reloaded:

You can never see anyone do such in Nigeria due to shame.

Na wa o. you people need to go see things for urselves before passing off patently false information as fact.
For the 1 yr i served in yola i was a part of the HIV/AIDS CDS . . . and we did every single thing you just claimed no one does in Nigeria and even more.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by EXPONENT(m): 2:18am On Mar 18, 2008
DUH!

blacks accounted for 18,121 aids cases

is NOTHING compared to

3.5 MILLION IN NIGERIA!

and ya'll probably lying about that. Everybody knows ya'll lie about any and everything. It's probably much higher.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nwaka77: 2:23am On Mar 18, 2008
@Exponent/Hero

You are still changing your name back and forth after we all know that you are the same person? Stop being a coward! your intention as AJ already rightly mentioned was to ignite a fire between Africans and black americans angry That is all you are good at mr. i-know-more-about-Africans-than-they-know-about-themselves. Hopping from one Nigerian forum to the next to cause trouble, ewu! Go and find something better to do with your time. Posting all those Aids statistics is a waste of time. As Africans, we already know what our problems are and do not try to blame whitey for it like you and your people.

By the way, have you already seen to it that America gives all those your jailed brothers their voting rights back like I asked you to? Presidential election is coming tongue Stay here and keep vomiting rubbish from your mouth. Next time, if you are not going to answer questions honestly without changing IDs back and forth like a bloody retard, then do not start a thread like this! You think we are stupid on this board? Stop being a bloody coward and say what you have to say with your real ID. If you can't, just run along with your tail in between your legs and stop wasting our time! angry
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by EXPONENT(m): 2:29am On Mar 18, 2008
Now I'm about to SHUT IT DOWN!!!!

American Blacks
$31,969

The annual median income of single-race black households in 2006. In constant dollars, this is up from $26,468 in 1986.

$34,770 & $30,352
The 2006 median earnings of single-race black men and women, respectively, 15 and older who worked full time, year-round.

Nigeria

GDP - per capita (PPP):
$2,200 (2007 est)

American Blacks on average lives and eats off of $29,000 MORE kibbles and bits than Nigerians.

No wonder ya'll lined up at Elke Cresent in droves.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 2:43am On Mar 18, 2008
well David my time in Nigeria, I've never SEEN or heard of such EVER.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 2:45am On Mar 18, 2008
exponent, you've still yet to answer our questions. You're boring me.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nwaka77: 2:53am On Mar 18, 2008
D-reloaded:

exponent, you've still yet to answer our questions. You're boring me.

of course not! the ode won't answer angry He is instead sitting there quoting statistics! advanced case of bipolar disorder tongue
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nobody: 3:01am On Mar 18, 2008
From statistics the exponent of a guy is either in jail ,been in jail or on parole.
He is more likely to be on the Down Low
He is most likely an illegitimate product of an unwed mother
most likely has a kid or kids out of wedlock
more likely not to know his father
most likely a man riddled with poor self image
more likely he was brought up under govt assistance in rough neighbourhoods
let's keep him on nairaland ma people
if we do,he's less likely to break into some white people's house,rape their daughters and steal their jewelry and pawn them at leroy's pawn shop. lipsrsealed
ewu slave ship tongue
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by EXPONENT(m): 4:57am On Mar 18, 2008
[s]
From statistics the exponent of a guy is either in jail ,been in jail or on parole.
if we do,he's less likely to break into some white people's house,rape their daughters and steal their jewelry and pawn them at leroy's pawn shop.
ewu slave ship
[/s]

blah blah blah

At least I help out homeless people and at least they can find someplace to clean up with RUNNING WATER AND A WORKING SEWAGE SYSTEM.

I bet you can explain in GREAT DETAIL the smell of shit and piss that common beneath your feet.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nobody: 5:01am On Mar 18, 2008
doyin13:

Why don't Akatas bear names like Kunta Kinte.
ever heard of anyone,even in Nigeria, with that name nowadays?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by 4Him(m): 5:40am On Mar 18, 2008
D-reloaded:

This is down to ur own ignorance or lack of exposure. You make some comments about Nigeria and i wonder if you ever stepped into the real world at all.

My mom's hospital has had an active HIV/AIDS unit for donkey yrs, the only thing she didnt do was bring us packs of condoms.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by naijaway(m): 6:40am On Mar 18, 2008
Love every race but more blacks(Africans), thats the center of blacks. You guys should stick to that mentality of being blacks so that we africans can tear down the walls of cooperation by assisting the african americans through material resources and mental opinions and vice versa. It should be respect for all including the brothers in the carribiens and those in the middle east. It doesn't matter where you at but what you are doing and NO no one is better than the other.
@exponent, Africa is the land of and for blacks worldwide even though we love to share(without a strict visa enforcement)-soon to change,and the arabs are trying to do a land grab; so we all have a problem for now and the future. But as for "Nigeria", Naija might have some problems with some mean and stupid leaders and some other problems YES; but the fact is dat it is being penalized, researched, scrutinized and worked on however you look at it. So is better to know Africa now than later so that the laws that will be passed would be excellent for AAs; just like the white people are planning on how to makes the laws harder for the AAs, Africans, carribiens, obama, and his pastors. The truth is dat Africa as a whole is sweet but Nigeria is going to be da Black Capital(BC) and you need to get with the programme. We are also for Africa so when we are done in the west, south, and east Africa, then we would then take back the North(watchout supporter of APC). So take a trip to the Carribiens and Africa to enlighten your mind.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by romeo(m): 10:20am On Mar 18, 2008
nwando:

if we do,he's less likely to break into some white people's house,rape their daughters and steal their jewelry and pawn them at leroy's pawn shop. lipsrsealed
ewu slave ship tongue

Nne na you biko wink
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 2:12pm On Mar 18, 2008
4Him:

This is down to your own ignorance or lack of exposure. You make some comments about Nigeria and i wonder if you ever stepped into the real world at all.

My mom's hospital has had an active HIV/AIDS unit for donkey years, the only thing she didnt do was bring us packs of condoms.

If you are gonna continue to be a snide asshole, like I've said many times before, you can stop responding to my comments. It's not by force.

so your mom worked in HIV ward, what the hell does that have to do with anything? Did you even read what I wrote, I said people are BARELY educated on the dangers of unprotected sex, how to protect oneself that doesnt involve "praying that the person stays abstince til marriage" you're talking about people working with aids patients and you teaching a bunch of cow rearers about the diease. Big Deal, that doesnt change what I said whatsoever.

Thanks for helping me give Lurker an example of those in denial however.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by 4Him(m): 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2008
D-reloaded:

If you are going to continue to be a snide asshole, like I've said many times before, you can stop responding to my comments. It's not by force.

so your mom worked in HIV ward, what the hell does that have to do with anything? Did you even read what I wrote, I said people are BARELY educated on the dangers of unprotected sex, how to protect oneself that doesnt involve "praying that the person stays abstince til marriage" you're talking about people working with aids patients and you teaching a bunch of cow rearers about the diease. Big Deal, that doesnt change what I said whatsoever.

Thanks for helping me give Lurker an example of those in denial however.

Soon you'll be bandying the words "passive aggression" around.
Methinks some assume that tearing their hair out is a sign of independence . . . more like insecurity.

You find it extremely easy to pick on others but you start reacting when others call you out on your piffle.

This is exactly what you said and i quote:

D-reloaded:

Now that is a categorical statement that has little to do with the word "barely".

- Back to the issues you raised . . . to assume that Nigerians are "barely" educated on the dangers of unprotected sex is just plain WRONG. You can quarrel over these from now till tomorrow but that is a fact that your humongous ego never wants to accept. I wonder which planet you lived in but even as 10yr olds we all knew what gold circle condom was and why.
As far back as high school most guys i knew had their own personal hair clippers . . . AIDS is higher in subsaharan Africa not largely because of ignorance but the influence of a culture that encourages sharing and a people who would prefer to die in silence than admit they have a disease.

Rather than give Lurker an example of people living in denial i have given her a good example of the fact that those that shout the loudest are not necessarily the most informed.

I reiterate, i have not responded to "your" posts simply because its you but to call you out on your brazen attempt to pass false information as facts. As long as this forum is not an extension of your living room i will continue to do so.

Thanks. . .
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Blatant: 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2008
Lurker,
Pardon my ignorance.

what do you mean by black men being on the down low?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Blatant: 5:04pm On Mar 18, 2008
My family didn't talk to me about sex once. Not at all. I never brought up the topic with them

Lurker, are you any worse for the above?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2008
I didnt care for how you responded to me, 4Him. I dont do such to you, others perhaps, you and a few others, I dont but since for some unknown reason you've decided to become quite the jackass towards me and I dont need it. Like I said it's not by force you consider my comments/reply to me. I'd like to believe no one is holding a gun to your head

This is down to your own ignorance or lack of exposure. You make some comments about Nigeria and i wonder if you ever stepped into the real world at all.

How the hell is this not condescension? Are you insane?

As for false information, I'll just give the Lurker the "Africans and sex education" thread and we'll see what you and many others had to say about it.

Obviously since you are so hyped to fight, you didnt bother to see that I was implying that most parents or older authorities tell children to just 'shut up or dont do any bad things" when it come to topics about sex. just because a bunch of teenage boys find out about gold circle from some randy aunt or uncle doesnt mean they are all informed about the dangers. most people still think it's a bloody myth.

Anyway Im done with you.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by 4Him(m): 5:35pm On Mar 18, 2008
D-reloaded:

Obviously since you are so hyped to fight

Funny. Seems you're the one always primed to bash ur head against the wall . . .
You post something i think is wrong, i call you out on it kapish. nothing personal about it.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by toshmann(m): 5:40pm On Mar 18, 2008
nwando:

[s]He is most likely an illegitimate product of an unwed mother[/s] not his fault
more likely not to know his father not his fault
[s]more likely he was brought up under govt assistance in rough neighbourhoods[/s] not his fault
ewu slave ship tongue too harsh

BabyO, is this not a lil bit too harsh?

i'm in new jersey and i see a lot of black people here, most of them seem pathetic. especially in newark. i see them as victims of a racial system. compared to the neighbouring west orange in the same new jersey where white people live.
i think black people should come together b/c as a group, the rest of the world is against us.

well, who am i, only toshmann. . . where's my fiancee jare . . . make i carry am comot for this new jersey sharp sharp.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 18, 2008
EXPONENT:

[s][/s]

blah blah blah

At least I help out homeless people and at least they can find someplace to clean up with RUNNING WATER AND A WORKING SEWAGE SYSTEM.
I bet you can explain in GREAT DETAIL the smell of shit and piss that common beneath your feet.

Is that your claim to fame?
that your cracked out baby mamas drunkard papas can take a shower and eat a hot meal ?
well clap for yourself then.
I wonder why you all hurriedly flee the "havens" riddled with your  homeless cracked up folks as soon as you see a bus heading out.

You have the nerve to insult  Nigerians when the world saw you in color during Katrina
huddled up as nama inside a public stadium and roof tops long after the whites and Nigerians in New orleans had fled  for safety.
where was your 5,000 GDP then ?

Was it also the white men that held them back from fleeing ?
since the white man caused all your problems.

stay here and be talking rubbish.
give it a little time ,soon Mexicans and Hispanics will be the major minority ,that's when your nightmares really begin.
This is your time to get y'all acts together and quit blaming men in their graves.
They are not the ones impregnating your 12 year olds and neither are the the ones forcing crack on your women turning them to  $5 prostitutes

Go out then and hustle like everyone and stop waiting for opportunity to land on your laps like it were baby sheniqua,

are you folks sure this is hero , this person  has a much lower IQ lipsrsealed
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by EXPONENT(m): 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2008
  The truth is that Africa as a whole is sweet but Nigeria is going to be da Black Capital(BC) and you need to get with the programme.    

Delusional Nigerian.

South Africa, Botswana, Ghana, etc. are the Black Capitals.

Nigeria is a cystpool.

Those countries got their shit together and are trying to move their people forward.

The only thing moving forward in Nigeria is CORRUPTION
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2008
Tosh my dear
I'm so happy for you and your fiancee
you've become almost like my brother.
if you email me on babyosisi@hotmail.com,I could call if you give me a phone number.
I wish you all the best.
My love to our wife.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by toshmann(m): 5:55pm On Mar 18, 2008
ooooops, looks like there's some long standing agro here grin grin grin grin

anyway, let me go and relax in my hotel room jare. my experience in the US suggests that poverty is a great reality in the states. CNN wont show that. i was shaocked to see pot holes, beggars, dirty smelling haggard black men, very uneducated and hopeless. simply pathetic. i ask myself . . . is this america?

hmmmn, pity.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by toshmann(m): 5:57pm On Mar 18, 2008
BabyO cheesy
ok. but i got no phone here since my stay here is short. but i'll e-mail you soon. cool
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by MsLurker(f): 5:59pm On Mar 18, 2008
Blatant:

Lurker,
Pardon my ignorance.

what do you mean by black men being on the down low?

Hi There.
The downlow it's pretty prevalent in my neck of the woods (Atlanta, Georgia). It's classified as men that engage in unprotected gay sex but still maintain that they are straight. Alot of them also have unprotected sex with the women in their lives.

Blatant:

Lurker, are you any worse for the above?

Well, I do wish I could have been more open about it. But I like I admit, I'm quite paranoid about disease so I took it in my own hands to be educated as much as I can be. Which is why I don't suffer fools lightly when it comes to certain things.

@ 4-Him & D-Reloaded,

I appreciate both sides. It gives me something to chew on being that I've never been to Nigeria.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bluesky4(f): 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2008
Im not an AA, but i think reasons why some dont particularly like africans is because:
1) africans don't acknowledge or even know about the history of AAs and the hardship of being slaves
2) africans like to bring up the 'slave' issue when in an argument with AAs
3)AAs dont want change, they want to be seen as the only blacks in america, and dont want to welcome any other - reason because they've fought so hard to get some sort of equality as there is today.
4) some may be ignorant, dont understand other cultures and frankly dont want to understand other cultures.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bluesky4(f): 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2008
STD question: why so many AA have STD compared to the other ethnic groups

hard one to answer. I personally think its because of ignorance, and a lack of taking responsibilty for your own well being. I also believe that it is a black issue as a whole, HIV/AIDs in not affecting only AAs but Africa as a nation, i think poverty plays a part into it aswell.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bluesky4(f): 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2008
why do some (most) of their women think that street talk is attracting, esp when their men abuse them with it.
for ex: come here bitch, and give me a kiss?

Why can't you guys learn to wear a belt? and when you do. . .it's always by the knees? what's the point of wearing a pant if your briefs are showing? you might as well go pant less

why do the men think braiding hair is sexy and attractive. . . (my opinion: i think it's untidy and unattractive. i dnt get the point. i like a man that goes to the barber to get his haircut)

why do you guys (goes for all AA) hate being called "blacks" yet you call your best friends/friends/ haterz NIGGAZ OR Nigga? i mean, does it make sense. if you ask me, i'll rather like being called black than to be called nigga.

1) derogative terms 'bitch' 'nigger', its sad that these language are used so freely by AA, they need to respect themselves and also respect others. They complain that people treat them unfairly bla bla bla, well they need to start proving these people wrong.

2)haha, yes, why cant they wear a belt. never understood this fashion. And why are their clothes oversized, can some1 in america please explain this.

3)if u got a good head, ie not big or coconut shaped, then braided hair can look sexy. depends on the individual.

4) didnt know they hated being called black, wats so wrong about being called black?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2008
Lurker, I've always found it weird that the whole "down-low" crap is popular in cities that ARE pretty gay-friendly, Atlanta, D.C and co, you'd think they would feel more comfortable coming out and accepting themselves instead of using a woman to cover up while giving her a death sentence in the process.  undecided
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bluesky4(f): 6:34pm On Mar 18, 2008
One question: why do a majority of AAs detest going to school?

Ooops just one more . . . i promise . . . When will AAs begin to realise that life does not start and end with being a rapster or gangsta?

We see this in the UK aswell, the west indians who were here longer than the africans, also hate school. they'd rather hang out on street or shoot some1, lol no lie. but its sad that now the africans are joining these youths aswell. Its not surprising when people start saying that black people are genetically inferior to whites and other ethnic groups. This ofcourse is plain stupid, but when we, (i say we as people dont see u as 'carribean' 'african' 'aa', they see u as 'black') act this way, and by not even want ing to get a basic education, is proving their theories correct.

Rapster/gangster will always be enticing for young people, look at the music videos: their rich, flauting money, got the girls with big boobs and butt, and respect from their peers. what more can i black guy want??, seriously though, peoples priorities need to be put straight. Again, i blame poverty, and upbringing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How many languages are in your state? / Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! / Current Ibo (delta Ibo/anambra) Names For Baby Boys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.