Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Ask An African-american A Question - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ask An African-american A Question (20281 Views)

Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / I Hate Being An African American Woman / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 6:36pm On Mar 18, 2008
blue-sky, what are you?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2008
toshmann:

BabyO, is this not a little bit too harsh?

i'm in new jersey and i see a lot of black people here, most of them seem pathetic. especially in newark. i see them as victims of a racial system. compared to the neighbouring west orange in the same new jersey where white people live.
i think black people should come together b/c as a group, the rest of the world is against us.

well, who am i, only toshmann. . . where's my fiancee jare . . . make i carry am comot for this new jersey sharp sharp.

My dear,those are my true feelings really that all black people ought to see one another as one
encourage each other amidst all odds
but when I hear this slave mentality displayed by any African Americans,we ought to set them straight.
Just because their forefathers came here chained,they suddenly think they're better than free Africans.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bluesky4(f): 6:41pm On Mar 18, 2008
D-reloaded:

Lurker, I've always found it weird that the whole "down-low" crap is popular in cities that ARE pretty gay-friendly, Atlanta, D.C and co, you'd think they would feel more comfortable coming out and accepting themselves instead of using a woman to cover up while giving her a death sentence in the process. undecided

a black person coming out no matter where they live is going to be hard.

whats easier, pretend to be straight, ok yes ur not, but ur friends, family and work peers will not treat u different, or even disown u, just because ur gay. U can lead the life u want, no stigma attached to ur name. pretty comfortable i think?

Or, u can come out, friends will not feel comfortable around u, u may even lose some, work peers treat u different, and family may disown u, be embarrassed or ashamed.

There not thinking about the girl their banging, its all about protecting their assess.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bluesky4(f): 6:43pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ d-reloaded

nigerian, i think that was ur question?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 6:45pm On Mar 18, 2008
blue-sky, they are not the only ones who are gay or have family that wouldnt accept them for coming out. No excuses

If they are gonna go and hide their homosexuality, they should bloody think of protecting themselves when they go on these "encounters"
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 6:45pm On Mar 18, 2008
you're Nigerian. Fine

Please let Hero answer the questions. He proposed the thread, so let him fulfil his obligations. You're helping him out, it's cheating.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by MsLurker(f): 6:48pm On Mar 18, 2008
blue-sky:

a black person coming out no matter where they live is going to be hard.

whats easier, pretend to be straight, ok yes your not, but your friends, family and work peers will not treat u different, or even disown u, just because your gay. You can lead the life u want, no stigma attached to your name. pretty comfortable i think?

Or, u can come out, friends will not feel comfortable around u, u may even lose some, work peers treat u different, and family may disown u, be embarrassed or ashamed.

There not thinking about the girl their banging, its all about protecting their assess.

Exactly. Fundamently, a lot of blacks in the core have a lot of those hardcore Christian values (even if they aren't practicing) that being gay is wrong.

Our society judges harshly and unfounded most of the time. They can't see that this person is not only condeming himself but the girl(s) he is sleeping with because he couldn't "man up" and face the truth.

@ D-Reloaded,

They showed a documentary about guys on the down low. One was about a guy who gave it to his loving black wife and never told her, and the dude was white. You are right, it's not just our society. It's sick no matter how you dice it. In the documentary one guy said that he hated that he got it, so he made it his mission to give it to as many people as he could. It was sick and twisted but I have a feeling, he's not the only one who thiinks like that.

And like I said before, the guys don't think it can happen to them! Which I find crazy but hey, it's not me for a reason.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 6:52pm On Mar 18, 2008
I thought whashername's husband was black? I cant rememmmber her name but I think I know the documentary. Isnt the woman a black writer?

Fundamently, a lot of blacks in the core have a lot of those hardcore Christian values (even if they aren't practicing)

This is actually what I believe is also the cause for the raise of teen pregnancies. Black "Christian" mothers, dont wanna believe their kids are sexually active, instead of talking to them about it, at least have a word on it, they bury their head in the sand and then get all confused when the kid ends up knocked up cos some lunatic told her that "it cant happen on the first try". People need to wake up.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bluesky4(f): 6:53pm On Mar 18, 2008
D-reloaded:

blue-sky, they are not the only ones who are gay or have family that wouldnt accept them for coming out. No excuses

If they are going to go and hide their homosexuality, they should bloody think of protecting themselves when they go on these "encounters"

i agree!

FACTS ON NIGERIA

Fact all the Governors in Nigeria are Corrupt
Fact all the minister are Corrupt except the lady in Finance maybe
Fact our President is a thief
Fact our Vice President is a Thief
Fact there is 60% Unemployment in Nigeria
Fact Factory workers in Naija can be compared to sweat shop workers in China
Fact we are no longer the Giant of Africa only the Paper Tiger of West Africa
Fact 98% of Nigerian Men ages 18-30 will rather leave than stay and suffer if given the chance.
Fact our Military is corrupt
Fact our Customs is as corrupt as the Mob in the 1980's
Fact our Police share their rifles with armed robbers.
Fact Most of Nigeria does not have good roads, no light and many times no water.
Fact MTN, VMOBILE AND GLO all make you dial over and over to get through on their network.
Fact there is no railway service in Naija
Fact Nigerian Local Airlines are like playing Russian Roulette ask Gani
Fact most of the country survives from Hand to Mouth without any assurance of tomorrow.
Fact if you go a Public or Private Nigerian Hospital you are asked to pay even if you are dying

We have a continent with jokers and functional illiterates running around as leaders
We seem to forget that, Nigeria for instance, is more that 80% slum!

Conclusion or Thesis: Nigeria is a dying Country

haha i love this post, not because of the content, most of it is true. But because the poster started using 'we' and 'our', no matter how much u want to try [b]pretend [/b]your AA, we all know your nigerian. Dont try hide it, embrase it! kiss kiss
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by MsLurker(f): 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2008
I agree completely.

And that people want to believe that someone that love them won't hurt them.

And I think some is self-hate too.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bluesky4(f): 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2008
D-reloaded:

you're Nigerian. Fine

Please let Hero answer the questions. He proposed the thread, so let him fulfil his obligations. You're helping him out, it's cheating.

ok i will. But he needs to hurry up with his replies! tongue
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2008
self hate, in what way?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 6:58pm On Mar 18, 2008
lol thanks blue-sky. wink

Dont mind the dork, we are all gonna makle sure he keeps to his word.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 18, 2008
I'm not an AA, but i think reasons why some don't particularly like africans is because:
1) africans don't acknowledge or even know about the history of AAs and the hardship of being slaves
2) africans like to bring up the 'slave' issue when in an argument with AAs
3)AAs don't want change, they want to be seen as the only blacks in america, and don't want to welcome any other - reason because they've fought so hard to get some sort of equality as there is today.
4) some may be ignorant, don't understand other cultures and frankly don't want to understand other cultures.

honey you hit the nail on the head gbowai

the ones like exponent think we're here to take what belongs to them
if they diss my naija and heritage,they got whatever they have coming.  
How can they understand other cultures when an average AA in Biloxi can't point out California on a map of the USA.
Many of them have never even hopped on a greyhound to get to their state capital talk less of riding on a  plane and going anywhere.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by nalijah07(f): 7:40pm On Mar 18, 2008
We should revise the title of this post to "THE GREAT DEBATERS".

@Ms. Lurker - I truly admire your class. This has been a tough topic - I don't even have the energy to get involved.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 7:41pm On Mar 18, 2008
as do I. loons like Sista and BigSis should learn from her.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by MsLurker(f): 8:01pm On Mar 18, 2008
Thanks!

It's a learning experience for me, so I don't mind at all.

@ D-Reloaded,

Self hate, to me it's a pity party.
Pretty much, the downlow folk feel ashamed that they are indeed this way and I guess doing what they do is punishment for them and if anyone chooses to get involved, I guess they have to deal with the consequences.
They got into it with this documentary, it was fascinating but scary at the same time!
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Salena: 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2008
Why do african american man don't tell it like it is when breaking a relationship. It hurts when one does does come out in the open and tell it like it is. one particular guy says that he does not want she to turn around and say he hurt them.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2008
^Are you sure you're not one?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by EXPONENT(m): 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2008
In re: the Down Low Situation

Do you know how many Nigerian born Doctors are GAY in the USA?

Do you know how many sneaky ass Nigerian men are on the DL?

If anything 40% of nigerian men in Amerikka are DL.  Who do you think are lining up at Elke Cresent - Gay Educated Nigerian men dying to live their lives free of prosecution.

Don't be stupid, why you think your nigerian men are not with nigerian women?

It's easier to get a "YT" and tell her a bunch of lies while seeking out the same sex.  "YT" will attribute it to culture, not knowing her man is taking more beef than he's giving her.

Ya'll need to wake the Bleep up.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2008
@4Him
omo, what is wrong?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by 4Him(m): 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2008
morenike09:

@4Him
omo, what is wrong?

huh? Nothing i suppose.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 19, 2008
EXPONENT:

In re: the Down Low Situation

Do you know how many Nigerian born Doctors are GAY in the USA?

Do you know how many sneaky ass Nigerian men are on the DL?

If anything 40% of nigerian men in Amerikka are DL.  Who do you think are lining up at Elke Cresent - Gay Educated Nigerian men dying to live their lives free of prosecution.

Don't be stupid, why you think your nigerian men are not with nigerian women?

It's easier to get a "YT" and tell her a bunch of lies while seeking out the same sex.  "YT" will attribute it to culture, not knowing her man is taking more beef than he's giving her.

Ya'll need to wake the mess up.

I know no one has bothered answering you,any reason why?
show us your source or shut up and head to mickey D's for your night shift grin
98% plus of Nigerian men in America marry Nigerian women
the ones that marry your sisters are just green card seekers
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nwaka77: 2:24am On Mar 19, 2008
We still dey dis topic? ok oh! cheesy

@Exponent/Hero

Since you dislike Nigerians so much, what the hell are you doing on our forum? Please learn a thing or two from Ms. Lurker. You see how she has been answering our questions the non confrontational way. But as for you, ewu nama, you keep going on and on. You have refused to accept you people have a problem. Atleast, Nigerians know we have a problem. I told you already, if you are not going to answer the questions that were asked, tuck your tail between your legs and hurry along. Do not annoy me this evening angry Since you have no problems with other Africans but just Nigerians as you have stated, what are you doing in our midst? Bloody hypocrite, anuofia like you!!

Stupid Hero started a thread and then runs away, foolish idiot! and then keeps switching IDS back and forth. I don't know what type of retard you are. Ezigbo ewu slaveship! angry
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by brownbonno(m): 2:54am On Mar 19, 2008
@Exponent,

Wise AA are trying to reconcile with their heritage by engaging on group tours to Africa-Nigeria,Ghana,South Africa.You are there venting your frustrations on Nigeria.
You are actually a lost property,try and find your root before you lose your mind and spend the rest of your life in jail.
I am happy you have been able to prove yourself to be a second class America citizen.You will soon find yourself in Africa just like your brother
http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/american-wrongly-deported-nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-94287.0.html

You will learn your lesson in a hard way.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by almondjoy(f): 5:02am On Mar 19, 2008
@Hero/EXPONENT

You are really on the "down low"!  You claim your wife is a physician?  How in the world did she end up with a burly, steroid-inflated pillsbury dough boy like you? undecided

While she is busy bursting her tail to feed the likes of you, you are busy using everything but your brains to type rubbish on Nairaland.  No real Nigerian female would put up with the likes of you.  Are you a day labourer piling behind the illegal immigrants from 9-5?

You really cannot answer any of the questions posed to you.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by MsLurker(f): 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2008
Salena:

Why do african american man don't tell it like it is when breaking a relationship. It hurts when one does does come out in the open and tell it like it is. one particular guy says that he does not want she to turn around and say he hurt them.

I think this goes across all male lines. Or maybe cowardly people in general, in regards to relationships.

I know I had the same issue with the guy I was seeing and he wasn't African American. But I tend to be a direct communicator and he wasn't used to that.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Seun(m): 2:06pm On Mar 19, 2008
Because black women behave like vindictive drama queens when they are rejected?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2008
so do some men surprisingly.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bawomolo(m): 2:22pm On Mar 19, 2008
Every popularly known American-Music style was created by African-Americans. You do know this right?

bluegrass and country was created by african americans?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bawomolo(m): 2:23pm On Mar 19, 2008
I know I might get flamed for this, but I don't care (if I do).
But, I really think that people don't see how HIGH the ratio is for black men who are doing the gay sex.

no it isn't, no comprehensive study have been made to confirm this. are trying u to say it is DL men that are spreading HPV to black women have u black women heard of female condoms or something. can bisexual women spread diseases.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2008
Actually I believe bluegrass is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Do Africans Look At Black Americans As A Source Of Shame? / How many languages are in your state? / Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.