Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... (61974 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire / Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
Aicha Kone, Takana Zion and Sekouba KK paying tribute to African Diaspora in Brazil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo0awsmUiYE
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 20, 2013
Aicha Kone-Wassoulou

I love that woman, she is great! smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DReHwPHaKUU

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
Sybellah:

lmao why you wrote this to your own post?...you
posted a video and it was the wrong vid or something?

I lol'd
Crazy Akans
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
Thiendella Got banned by spambot angry

Leave her alone stupidd spammy bot. angry angry angry angry angry

Time to check out some of these Vids. smiley

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2013
Sybellah:

ok i see, i did not know actually that Wolof could have Manding patronyms, i am definitively learning. So Pape Cisse regardless is name could be wolof as well.
i think mandings looks different according to their regions because they have been mixing a lot with surrounding ethnic groups. If you take CIV for examples, many manding migrated south, and when they settle in another region, they generally take spouses from their new locations, and their kids although mixed will be considered Malinke. I think it may be difficult to make the difference between a Senegalese Mandinka and a Wolof but less difficult to differentiate an Ivorian or Guinean Mandingue from a Senegalese Mandingue.

The Mandings are Similar to the Fulani in the sense that, they are so vast and span across the region so wide, that their Looks Vary and are So Absorbed By Neighboring Groups that You Really can't say they have one definitive Look.

The Ones in Civ, Share Morphs with Akans

The Ones in Senegambia, Share Morphs With Wolofs,Serers, Ect

The Ones in the Gambia, Share Morphs with Jola's

I Guess one could surmise that The Closest thing to a Definitive "Original" Look Would be the Ones in Mother Mali.
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

lmao why you wrote this to your own post?...you
posted a video and it was the wrong vid or something?

I lol'd
Crazy Akans

lool dun mind me tongue

check out those vids manding music is great kiss

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
Yup I am about To

Grab me a Bite and Watch these Vids from the Guest List.
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

The Mandings are Similar to the Fulani in the sense that, they are so vast and span across the region so wide, that their Looks Vary and are So Absorbed By Neighboring Groups that You Really can't say they have one definitive Look.

The Ones in Civ, Share Morphs with Akans

The Ones in Senegambia, Share Morphs With Wolofs,Serers, Ect

The Ones in the Gambia, Share Morphs with Jola's

I Guess one could surmise that The Closest thing to a Definitive "Original" Look Would be the Ones in Mother Mali.
smiley

Totally agree! i could not say better.
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: Yup I am about To

Grab me a Bite and Watch these Vids from the Guest List.

cool
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
Aicha Kone - Decide

This is one old music vid shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9__3t8pGE0
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by BlackKenichi(m): 11:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
Sybellah: Aicha Kone - Decide

This is one old music vid shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9__3t8pGE0

The song has a reggae vibe. I've heard those same guitar rifts played in some reggae songs!
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
Black Kenichi:

The song has a reggae vibe. I've heard those same guitar rifts played in some reggae songs!

This and Baya Yougouba are my favorite songs from her.

Have u ever listen to reggae music in malinke?
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by BlackKenichi(m): 11:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
Sybellah:

This and Baya Yougouba are my favorite songs from her.

Have u ever listen to reggae music in malinke?

I've never listened to a lot of Malinke music. Hell, do the Malinke make reggae music?
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
WARRI BANA (NO MORE MONEY) not Marijuanna from Alpha Blondy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cklsv0AK6w8

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
Black Kenichi:

I've never listened to a lot of Malinke music. Hell, do the Malinke make reggae music?

u should check Alpha Blondy and Tiken Jah Fakoly, they are reggae artists and they sing in Malinke
They are good.
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by BlackKenichi(m): 11:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
Sybellah: WARRI BANA (NO MORE MONEY) not Marijuanna from Alpha Blondy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cklsv0AK6w8
Sybellah:

u should check Alpha Blondy and Tiken Jah Fakoly, they are reggae artists and they sing in Malinke
They are good.

Checked out the vid! Loved it, felt the vibe even though I couldn't understand a word!

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 21, 2013
Black Kenichi:

Checked out the vid! Loved it, felt the vibe even though I couldn't understand a word!
That's wassup cool
u should check him more on youtube, he has plenty of songs, he sings in Dioula, English and French, most famous Ivorian Singer during the 80s and 90s.
When it's about music Jagger rocks! cool

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 21, 2013
Here is sings about police brutality

Brigadier Sabari = pardon me officer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQOWRSwy_8A
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 21, 2013

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 21, 2013
thiendella: Gambian mandinkas are into hip hop too, sounds pretty good, they usually do a wolof part and a mandinka one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k6WiiqAT7M
I really like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzjHZBxa564

I have just listen, I like these 2, especially the 2nd is awesome kiss
the 1st one is going hard, he looks mad grin
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 1:32am On Mar 21, 2013
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:40am On Mar 21, 2013
lool @ her voice!
her message is nice though smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpNJTe2JC0
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by manutayo(m): 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
They have this food called Le Tô
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
manutayo: They have this food called Le Tô
yea Toho is ok, I don't like it too much, I prefer placali with gombo stew or kwlala tongue
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
here: some info about Mahou (Mahouka people), it's in French but u guys can google translate it if u are interested.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahous
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: Thiendella Got banned by spambot angry

Leave her alone stupidd spammy bot. angry angry angry angry angry

Time to check out some of these Vids. smiley
Yeah leave me alone angry angry angry
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
Sybellah:

I have just listen, I like these 2, especially the 2nd is awesome kiss
the 1st one is going hard, he looks mad grin
The second one ...I like his flow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l7iydVW8kI

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 21, 2013
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
Sybellah:

ok i see, i did not know actually that Wolof could have Manding patronyms, i am definitively learning. So ]Pape Cisse regardless is name could be wolof as well
i think mandings looks different according to their regions because they have been mixing a lot with surrounding ethnic groups. If you take CIV for examples, many manding migrated south, and when they settle in another region, they generally take spouses from their new locations, and their kids although mixed will be considered Malinke. I think it may be difficult to make the difference between a Senegalese Mandinka and a Wolof but less difficult to differentiate an Ivorian or Guinean Mandingue from a Senegalese Mandingue.
Yeah a senegalese cisse could be anything between wolof, mandinka or toucouleur
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:19am On Mar 22, 2013
thiendella:
Yeah a senegalese cisse could be anything between wolof, mandinka or toucouleur

ok I see

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:21am On Mar 22, 2013
My West African Queens...

i wish Thiendella would post some Darker Women up in the Senegalese Thread...

She claims my taste/type isn't "elegant" enough....
tongue
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:26am On Mar 22, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: My West African Queens...

i wish Thiendella would post some Darker Women up in the Senegalese Thread...

She claims my taste/type isn't "elegant" enough....
tongue
she ain't the only one wondering about your "exquisite taste"
some of the ones u r postin are daaaamnn f**** shocked, I won't say much

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / Corper Olori Ajoke Adeyemi: Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife Pictured In NYSC Uniform / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.