Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

The Cowardice Of Atheism - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Atheism (65095 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / Myopia Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 8:31am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

Another brainless simpleton who simply supports another non-believer without thinking. So you do believe, along with ifeness, that time travel is real? You do support his view on nephilims from another planet seeding us with alien DNA? Quite rich to call "christians" ignorant when you havent fully digested ifeness viewpoint... he does take a lot of his views straight from the very bible you think is full of spurious myths.

But then... who has ever lost betting on the stupidity of the average NL atheist.

The bolded! This is one thing that I have been saying for the past couple of years --- about even some of the better atheist debaters here. Most NL evangelical atheists are obtuse and some quite thick.

Some of them think they will look smart by repeating nonsense from their apostles. I remember once that an issue came up because of something in the news and one of the atheists here saying he will go and see what Sam Harris thinks about it! Of course he immediately showed himself to be a slave to a prat --- slave to the prat Harris. There is of course the "touch not my anointed syndrome" that hits the atheists when you point out to them that their Daddy G.O. aka Dawkins is a dunce ---- such as to lead people to defend a daft speculation that aliens seeded life on earth!

As for this thread, well why would any one want to spend much time engaging an argument like the example below:

ifeness: Darwin story of evolution is valid. Scientists have been looking for the missing link,the stuff that made man very clever. In my opinion, the missing link is the DNA from the advanced scientist recorded in ancient scrolls of india,dead sea scroll,book of the dead.

The bible never tells complete stories. Why? Becos it aint original. The book of enoch says it all, it confirmed the presence of advanced beings coming from the sky to mate with homo sapience. They came down and taught human the act of war,societies,government and mathematics.

Even though I have highlighted some things in red, all of that post is not more than facepalm stuff. It is simply laughable.

Oh by the way, a couple of bonuses:

- Even granted that the big b.ang theory is accepted by many, though the sensible will know that there are still many questions, the theory if anything will make the sensible think there must be a creator. Ah, and by the way the theory was even originated by a person who was a Christian --- so big deal about the big b.ang theory.

- Tai Solarin was widely known to be an atheist; he did not hide it; he was loved in spite of it.

- Shey Fela who used to yab both Christians and Moslems regularly in his music is the one that someone will tell us that his religious beliefs were not known?

- And has Leo Igwe not been practising and advocating his atheism openly in Nigeria for years?

Laughable stuff.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 17, 2013
Empty barrel Enigma went ahead to copy Davidylans failed arguments about atheists practicing openly in Naija.

The last time I checked, Leo Igwe is based in Nigeria. He does his work for European organisations and the videos of him I have seen debating are done in Europe.

Fela was not an atheist.Sure he knew that christianity and islam were frauds but that doesnt mean that he was an atheist.

Tai solarin is dead. And we can see how you christians and muslims sidestep his many achievements for Naija to insult him for his beliefs;
https://www.nairaland.com/723007/tai-solarin-life-ideas-accomplishments

Funny how you fools can not mention more than 2 atheists in Nigeria, a country with close to a population of 200 million.

The most foolish thing is that you claim psalm 14 that atheists are evil fools then on the other hand, go on to say that atheists do not receive discrimantio in Nigeria.

Some christians can lie. Even on a sunday

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:58am On Feb 17, 2013
Enigma:

The bolded! This is one thing that I have been saying for the past couple of years --- about even some of the better atheist debaters here. Most NL evangelical atheists are obtuse and some quite thick.

Some of them think they will look smart by repeating nonsense from their apostles. I remember once that an issue came up because of something in the news and one of the atheists here saying he will go and see what Sam Harris thinks about it! Of course he immediately showed himself to be a slave to a prat --- slave to the prat Harris. There is of course the "touch not my anointed syndrome" that hits the atheists when you point out to them that their Daddy G.O. aka Dawkins is a dunce ---- such as to lead people to defend a daft speculation that aliens seeded life on earth!

As for this thread, well why would any one want to spend much time engaging an argument like the example below:

Even though I have highlighted some things in red, all of that post is not more than facepalm stuff. It is simply laughable.

Oh by the way, a couple of bonuses:

- Even granted that the big b.ang theory is accepted by many, though the sensible will know that there are still many questions, the theory if anything will make the sensible think there must be a creator. Ah, and by the way the theory was even originated by a person who was a Christian --- so big deal about the big b.ang theory.

- Tai Solarin was widely known to be an atheist; he did not hide it; he was loved in spite of it.

- Shey Fela who used to yab both Christians and Moslems regularly in his music is the one that someone will tell us that his religious beliefs were not known?

- And has Leo Igwe not been practising and advocating his atheism openly in Nigeria for years?

Laughable stuff.

smiley

I don't have to emphasise this. The average Nigerian doesn't know what Fela's (and Soyinka's and Tai Solarin's) views on Christianity was/is. Quite some people are just learning that information on this thread. And even amongst those that already knew, quite a number are just being reminded. Why? Because when you mention "Fela" or "Tai Solarin" or "Wole Soyinka", what first comes to mind are "king of afro music", "outstanding educationist" and "Nobel laureate" and not "atheist", "atheists and "atheist". Besides, sure, Wole Soyinka and Fela does not/did not profess allegiance to any religion. But that doesn't mean their atheists either.

But for John Ahmed (fictional character and in no way an allusion to any John Ahmed, real or otherwise), an everyday guy living his everyday life, proclaiming atheism in hugely conservative Nigeria is a big deal. And if he does that, it becomes his calling card, and those that know him will start seeing an "atheist" tag hanging over his head.

There are things we keep away from our families, for the safety of our relationship with them. I think we should respect others' wish to keep certain things private. We don't know Logic boy's family or how they would react to his atheism and how much he cherishes his relationship with them, so it would be a bit rich to pass judgement when we too, in all likelihood, have certain things, no matter how small, that we're keeping from our loved ones.

3 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 17, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

I don't have to emphasise this. The average Nigerian doesn't know what Fela's (and Soyinka's and Tai Solarin's) views on Christianity was/is. Quite some people are just learning that information on this thread. And even amongst those that already knew, quite a number are just being reminded. Why? Because when you mention "Fela" or "Tai Solarin" or "Wole Soyinka", what first comes to mind are "king of afro music", "outstanding educationist" and "Nobel laureate" and not "atheist", "atheists and "atheist". Besides, sure, Wole Soyinka and Fela does not/did not profess allegiance to any religion. But that doesn't mean their atheists either.

But for John Ahmed (fictional character and in no way an allusion to any John Ahmed, real or otherwise), an everyday guy living his everyday life, proclaiming atheism in hugely conservative Nigeria is a big deal. And if he does that, it becomes his calling card, and those that know him will start seeing an "atheist" tag hanging over his head.

There are things we keep away from our families, for the safety of our relationship with them. I think we should respect others' wish to keep certain things private. We don't know Logic boy's family or how they would react to his atheism and how much he cherishes his relationship with them, so it would be a bit rich to pass judgement when we too, in all likelihood, have certain things, no matter how small, that we're keeping from our loved ones.

Enigma, can you see what a honest comment looks like?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by poopli: 9:46am On Feb 17, 2013
hey david, you again. am waiting for your answers on origin in ooman's thread. anyway, Eat this .

ATHEISTS LOVE TO DEBUNK XTIANS BECAUSE IT MAKES SENSE A LITTLE. ISLAM IS DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR, HAVE YOU READ THE QURAN AT ALL, IT CONTAINS NOTHING THAT MAKES SCIENTIFIC SENSE.

AM AN AGNOSTIC AND I ALSO SPEAK AGAINST XTIANS AND BIBLE BECAUSE I FEEL THREATENED BY ITS EXPLANATIONS, IF NOT, I WILL JUST ABANDON THE BIBLE LIKE MOST ATHEISTS DO TO QURAN.

SECONDLY, SPEAKING AGAINST THE QURAN MIGHT GET YOU BOMBED AND KILLED, MUSLIMS ARE ANIMALS, WHO WOULD DEBATE WITH THEM?
SO WE FEEL SECURED ABUSING XTIAN GOD AND DEBUNKING THE BIBLE THAN DOING THE SAME TO MUSLIMS BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT, XTIANS CANT JUST BE CRAZY ENOUGH TO KILL FOR THAT.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by vedaxcool(m): 9:50am On Feb 17, 2013
Someone has been watching prometheus . . . David nice one there, I stopped taking these people serious because they try hard to sell themselves as scientist, in fact they would make more sense disapproving religion by its theological argument than always yapping about what they do not know, . . . But after all cowards die a thousand death (funny they live a thousand lives), but a coward who faces no danger and remains a coward must be innately a coward in every sense of the word COWARD!
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by poopli: 9:54am On Feb 17, 2013
here is a food for thought.

THERE IS NOTHING MORE COWARDLY, PUSSILANIMOUS THAN BEING A XTIAN OR MUSLIM, FEARING HELL THAT YOU HAVE NOT SEEN AND CANNOT PROVE AND BELIEVING HEAVEN THAT YOU HAVE NOT SEEN AND CANNOT PROVE.

ONLY THE STRONG CAN BOLDLY SAY: SEEING IS BELIEVING. THESE ARE THE ATHEISTS. AND AGNOSTICS

SO XTIANS, NO ONE IS A COWARD EXCEPT YOU.

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 17, 2013
vedaxcool: Someone has been watching prometheus . . . David nice one there, I stopped taking these people serious because they try hard to sell themselves as scientist, in fact they would make more sense disapproving religion by its theological argument than always yapping about what they do not know, . . . But after all cowards die a thousand death (funny they live a thousand lives), but a coward who faces no danger and remains a coward must be innately a coward in every sense of the word COWARD!

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 10:03am On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan: The impetus for this post was a surprising comment that i read from a popular militant atheist around here...

Okay.

davidylan:
This was particularly shocking to me. How is it that "atheists" who claim to have such an overwhelming evidence of the mythology of religion be completely unable to discuss these points with their families and friends with the same zeal with which they attack christians here?

There are numerous reasons e.g atheists have been kicked out of their homes for being atheists, they've been discriminated against and due to how the religious people hold their beliefs, such discussions may be avoided to "let peace reign".

davidylan:
Are atheists guilty of living a double life?

Not really.

davidylan:
One of affected supreme knowledge of the science that disproves God online (where they have the safety of anonymity) and are complete cowards to their real friends and family outside of here?

Avoiding conflict in your own home isn't cowardice.

davidylan:
While reading through some writings by other prominent atheists, i realized the idea of atheist cowardice isnt quite new... take this for example - In 2010, Christian apologist Mariano Grinbank wrote:
The New Atheists have expressed that the proverbial straw-that-broke-the-Atheist-camel's-back was the group of attacks on the United States of America on September 11, 2001 AD. That is not to say that some of them were not Atheist activists before then, but 9/11 fanned the flames of their activism.
The attacks on 9/11 where primarily caused by Islamic extremism (with a long list of other causes such as maintenance or gaining of power, wealth, popularity, etc.). The question is: what have the New Atheists done in response to this particular event, this particular threat? Surely, they would focus their efforts primarily, if not exclusively, upon confronting this threat, this cause, head on.

Well 9/11 was a driving factor but it is also widely accepted to be a symptom of a larger problem and not the illness itself so attacking superstitious thinking in all its forms meets that threat head on.

davidylan:
Yet, what have the New Atheists done? What they have and have not done makes one wonder if their appeal to 9/11 is a reason or an excuse. After all, why 9/11? Are they not aware of similar atrocities throughout history? Are they not aware of the recent chronicles of the most secular century in human history also being the bloodiest-with millions upon millions being murdered not only during war, but also by their own regimes? (see here).

This accusation is no more sensible than wondering why anyone bothers fighting poverty in say the U.S when there are lots of poor people in Africa and Asia today and in the past. What religious people making this argument forget is that today, the threat of nuclear arms has made it necessary to push for more reason in our interactions with others.

davidylan:
Have any of the New Atheists toured Islamic countries giving lectures in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims?

I'm not sure but what is this supposed to show? As far as I can tell, it shows that atheists realizing that they have one life to live don't want to waste it by getting martyred in those Islamic countries. Although there are atheists in those countries.

davidylan:
Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries?

Again, what is this supposed to show? Though it looks like one will take place soon.

davidylan:
Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera?

Yes.

davidylan:
Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they done anything of the sort at all?

Yes. Take a look at the works of Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Ibn Warraq.

davidylan:
The answers to all of the above are: "No."

So the above answer is false.

davidylan:
Rather, what they have done is sit within the comfort and safety of countries based on Christian principles and conveniently launched condemnations which are roughly quantifiable as being 90% anti-Christian and 10% anti-other religions (and this may be being too generous an estimation).[33]

And why does this bother you so much? Is Christianity to be spared when it is most prevalent where they live? And today, those countries aren't based on Christian principles. Christians don't even agree on what Christian principles are.

davidylan:
think about this... how many "atheists" do you see loudly proclaiming that islam is a myth? why do they prefer to sit within the comfort and safety of the christian section of Nairaland conveniently launching vitriolic tirades at God (i.e. Jesus Christ) while paying complete lip service to allah? when questioned on this... why is the puerile excuse usually that "most atheists" were formerly christians anyway?

Actually, many atheists have said that Islam is a myth. Atheists criticizing what they're most familiar with isn't puerile, it is intellectually honest. Or do you go about criticizing things you don't know? (Oh sorry you do.)

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:09am On Feb 17, 2013
The OP is pretty brain-dead. I'm irreligious and my family know and I've been subjected to emotional blackmail from my parents ever since with my mum going hysterical, crying for days and my dad telling me he'll forever blame me if she died and whatnot. That level of bigotry from the average ignorant Nigerian is the reason many don't tell their family. I don't shy away from telling the average bigotted idiot on the street, including friends, whether in my school days or in the work place, my beliefs but I understand those who don't do so.

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 10:14am On Feb 17, 2013
vedaxcool: Someone has been watching prometheus . . . David nice one there, I stopped taking these people serious because they try hard to sell themselves as scientist, in fact they would make more sense disapproving religion by its theological argument than always yapping about what they do not know, . . . But after all cowards die a thousand death (funny they live a thousand lives), but a coward who faces no danger and remains a coward must be innately a coward in every sense of the word COWARD!

Some say a living dog is better off than a dead lion. This is what the Bible that Christians carry about says. Make of it what you will.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:18am On Feb 17, 2013
Where are all the christians that debate muslims in Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan? Apparently, that's meant to show cowardice isn't it?

Religious belief, for the record, is the much greater cowardice where the morbid fear of damnation in the after life and a fear of actual independent thinking to break free from childhood indoctrination bedevils most religious folk. One thing is certain, I was far more a coward when it took me years to break free from my religious bondage even though I'd been a skeptic for years.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 10:19am On Feb 17, 2013
Obi1kenobi: The OP is pretty brain-dead. I'm irreligious and my family know and I've been subjected to emotional blackmail from my parents ever since with my mum going hysterical, crying for days and my dad telling me he'll forever blame me if she died and whatnot. That level of bigotry from the average ignorant Nigerian is the reason many don't tell their family. I don't shy away from telling the average bigotted idiot on the street, including friends, whether in my school days or in the work place, my beliefs but I understand those who don't do so.
noted. THE OP IS SO BRAINDEAD. he really is and has no real understanding too.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by vedaxcool(m): 10:27am On Feb 17, 2013
Wow very tale telling signs from the HOUSE NI.GGA after all we live in a post slavery, post colonial world yet a COWARD puts up a picture of white man and adds a statement containing the word nigga shows very clearly that atheism to this jejune represents a conduit for worshiping the white man and praising the danzling effect of his godliness that to this day he see himself the HOUSE N.IGGA who prefers the shackles of slavery and inferiority complex make sure you eventually bleach yourself white so as to achieve the next stage of evolution for black atheists like your . . . POOR YOU indeed

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by manmustwac(m): 10:33am On Feb 17, 2013
@post
Your topic just proves that its total nonsense to call us non believers evangelical atheists since the majority of us keep our views on religion to ourselves.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 17, 2013
vedaxcool: Wow very tale telling signs from the HOUSE NI.GGA after all we live in a post slavery, post colonial world yet a COWARD puts up a picture of white man and adds a statement containing the word nigga shows very clearly that atheism to this jejune represents a conduit for worshiping the white man and praising the danzling effect of his godliness that to this day he see himself the HOUSE N.IGGA who prefers the shackles of slavery and inferiority complex make sure you eventually bleach yourself white so as to achieve the next stage of evolution for black atheists like your . . . POOR YOU indeed

Fail. If you had watched the film "Tropic Thunder", maybe you wont be speaking out of ignorance on the pic. The character is actually a whiteman foolishly trying to be black.

By the way, your comment is still reetarded. You are the slave to a religion that not only enslaved your forefathers but made Eunuchs out of many of them. Arab slave.

The Arab slave vedacxcool
-Prays 5 times facing Arab lands
-Prays in Arabic
-Goes on hajj to Arab lands (Has never done anythignfor tourism in his own country)

Yet, this fool has the nerve to call me a slave?

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by vedaxcool(m): 10:40am On Feb 17, 2013
thehomer:

Some say a living dog is better off than a dead lion. This is what the Bible that Christians carry about says. Make of it what you will.

The op was speaking of this guy and certain kinds of coward in this section (off course being careful when dealing with people is very good but unless this certain coward believes his family and friend are viciously violent, then the picture below from the wizard of oz captures the op - the guy who is a HOUSE NIGGA and worships the white man behaving not different from Samuel L jackson role in Django, quite well)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 17, 2013
vedaxcool:

The op was speaking of this guy and certain kinds of coward in this section (off course being careful when dealing with people is very good but unless this certain coward believes his family and friend are viciously violent, then the picture below from the wizard of oz captures the op quite well)

This same Vedaxcool? I woul really love to see you spout your islamic theories in the predominantly orthodox jewish areas in Isreal!
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 10:44am On Feb 17, 2013
manmustwac: @post
Your topic just proves that its total nonsense to call us non believers evangelical atheists since the majority of us keep our views on religion to ourselves.

There are passive (or generally non-evangelical) atheists --- and there are the evangelical atheists.

Hear what Michael Ruse, an atheist, says about evangelical (or 'new') atheists like Dawkins and his followers.

http://www.aeonmagazine.com/world-views/michael-ruse-humanism-religion/

. . . despite the protestations of Dawkins and his fellows, the behaviour of the Humanists does not exhibit the kind of openness to evidence and adaptability that we’d expect from a rational, non-religious mindset. On the contrary, it is awash with the intolerance of enthusiasm.

For a start, there is the nigh-hysterical repudiation of religion. As with religions themselves, the implication is that those who fail to follow the New Atheist line are not just wrong, but morally challenged.

He said some more interesting stuff about evangelical (or 'new') atheists in that piece but I'll keep things to above for now.

smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 17, 2013
Enigma:

There are passive (or generally non-evangelical) atheists --- and there are the evangelical atheists.

Hear what Michael Ruse, an atheist, says about evangelical (or 'new') atheists like Dawkins and his followers.

http://www.aeonmagazine.com/world-views/michael-ruse-humanism-religion/

He said some more interesting stuff about evangelical (or 'new') atheists in that piece but I'll keep things to above for now.

smiley

[img]http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1313178415025.jpg[/img]
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 11:05am On Feb 17, 2013
Well, since I've already touched on the "touch not my anointed" syndrome of Dawkins' lapdogs I might as well add this quote from that Michael Ruse piece. smiley

There are other aspects of the New Atheist movement that remind me of religion. One is the adulation by supporters and enthusiasts for the leaders of the movement. It is not just a matter of agreement or respect, but of a kind of worship. This certainly surrounds Dawkins, who is admittedly charismatic.

cool
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 11:33am On Feb 17, 2013
vedaxcool:

The op was speaking of this guy and certain kinds of coward in this section (off course being careful when dealing with people is very good but unless this certain coward believes his family and friend are viciously violent, then the picture below from the wizard of oz captures the op - the guy who is a HOUSE NIGGA and worships the white man behaving not different from Samuel L jackson role in Django, quite well)

This is just a stupid response. Did you read the original post on this thread? Did you notice how heavily it referred to adherents of your religion? Do you know why? Here let me tell you; it is because he like many people in the rest of the world, think that your fellow Muslims are willing to murder atheists.

With respect to friends and family, read my post responding to the OP.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:40am On Feb 17, 2013
hmm. after-all has been said (and done off-line) - many pages later.. what has all our collective angst and hatred done for the betterment of humanity.. or you brother. NOTHING.. no enlightenment, no peace, just continuing breeding of deep hatred whose fatal consequences, we will never face. it is tiring, non-intellectual (banal) and none-spiritual stuff we churn out for the most part. just unfortunate.. sadly unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by vedaxcool(m): 11:58am On Feb 17, 2013
thehomer:

This is just a stupid response. Did you read the original post on this thread? Did you notice how heavily it referred to adherents of your religion? Do you know why? Here let me tell you; it is because he like many people in the rest of the world, think that your fellow Muslims are willing to murder atheists.

With respect to friends and family, read my post responding to the OP.

Yawns and his family and friends are muslims right? Dude, the point I was making is very clear, I was responding to a particular aspect of the op, your response simply jump off track! But know I see nothing wrong in being the cowardly lion of wizard of oz fame as long as the person finds fulfillment in doing so!
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 12:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
vedaxcool:

Yawns and his family and friends are muslims right? Dude, the point I was making is very clear, I was responding to a particular aspect of the op, your response simply jump off track! But know I see nothing wrong in being the cowardly lion of wizard of oz fame as long as the person finds fulfillment in doing so!

Is it cowardice to avoid or prevent conflict in your family?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Ishilove: 12:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness: There were already humans on the planet even after the devastation that wiped out civilisations ,including dinorsears

The gods( they were called gods by primitive men who already existed,who had evolved after millions of years,who passed through evolution) came to our planet to add their DNA to humans.

They created an artifical DNA bank where they carried out experiments just like our scientists do today( this is a valid evidence

This is one of the most...I don't know which adjective to use to qualify ...this...this... Arrgh, I am lost for words! shocked

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Ishilove: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan: I mean seriously. What does one say to the above? I'm just weak!
My brother, infact ehn undecided shocked

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by vedaxcool(m): 1:31pm On Feb 17, 2013
^^

Lol grin grin grin where did you get that from?

In fact I am dump folded I have no word to alter grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ishilove:
This is one of the most...I don't know which adjective to use to qualify ...this...this... Arrgh, I am lost for words! shocked

Lolz, Ishi, fancy catching you here. What's up?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 1:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
manmustwac: @post

I agree as a fellow non believer and an atheist.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by rhowly(m): 1:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03: Empty barrel Enigma went ahead to copy Davidylans failed arguments about atheists practicing openly in Naija.

The last time I checked, Leo Igwe is based in Nigeria. He does his work for European organisations and the videos of him I have seen debating are done in Europe.

Fela was not an atheist.Sure he knew that christianity and islam were frauds but that doesnt mean that he was an atheist.

Tai solarin is dead. And we can see how you christians and muslims sidestep his many achievements for Naija to insult him for his beliefs;
https://www.nairaland.com/723007/tai-solarin-life-ideas-accomplishments

Funny how you fools can not mention more than 2 atheists in Nigeria, a country with close to a population of 200 million.

The most foolish thing is that you claim psalm 14 that atheists are evil fools then on the other hand, go on to say that atheists do not receive discrimantio in Nigeria.

Some christians can lie. Even on a sunday

the truth is there is some discrimination. not admitting that is false, for me at least. But there is nothing special as real christians following the truth of the bible also suffer discrimination. I know what i suffered from my superiors as well as colleagues for not coming up with fake medical reports and saying no to some illicit medical practices, just because i believed God would not approve of it and stating that as my reason. The fact that i would be discriminated against and hated never stopped me from espousing my beliefs and vocally stating them as my reason. If you don't because you fear discrimination i would then agree the OP was right.

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by rhowly(m): 1:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
poopli: hey david, you again. am waiting for your answers on origin in ooman's thread. anyway, Eat this .

ATHEISTS LOVE TO DEBUNK XTIANS BECAUSE IT MAKES SENSE A LITTLE. ISLAM IS DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR, HAVE YOU READ THE QURAN AT ALL, IT CONTAINS NOTHING THAT MAKES SCIENTIFIC SENSE.

AM AN AGNOSTIC AND I ALSO SPEAK AGAINST XTIANS AND BIBLE BECAUSE I FEEL THREATENED BY ITS EXPLANATIONS, IF NOT, I WILL JUST ABANDON THE BIBLE LIKE MOST ATHEISTS DO TO QURAN.

SECONDLY, SPEAKING AGAINST THE QURAN MIGHT GET YOU BOMBED AND KILLED, MUSLIMS ARE ANIMALS, WHO WOULD DEBATE WITH THEM?
SO WE FEEL SECURED ABUSING XTIAN GOD AND DEBUNKING THE BIBLE THAN DOING THE SAME TO MUSLIMS BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT, XTIANS CANT JUST BE CRAZY ENOUGH TO KILL FOR THAT.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

that is as honest as it gets. Appreciate the candor, can't say the same for most atheists/agnostics

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Wife, Modele In Matching Denim Outfits / Apostle Suleman Arrives Washington D.C In Style Amid Sex Scandal. Photos/video / The Dangers Of Being A Prostitute In This Day And Age (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.