Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

The Cowardice Of Atheism - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Atheism (65089 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / Myopia Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
manmustwac: @post
Your topic just proves that its total nonsense to call us non believers evangelical atheists since the majority of us keep our views on religion to ourselves.
This is a big lie. A very good example of the urban dic definition of evangelical atheist can be found on NL. Most of you NL(at least 90%) are cowards and evangelical atheists. You don't keep your views to yourself but you try to force it on others by calling them names. Here's something

Definition for evangelical atheist :
Web definitions:
1. Antitheism (sometimes anti-theism) is active opposition to theism. The etymological roots of the word are the Greek 'anti-' and...

An evangelical atheist is one who not only believes there is no god or other supreme being, but is obsessed with convincing everyone around them to become an atheist too, usually through hard-line intolerance (the kind they accuse other religions of).

lastly An evangelical atheist is an atheist who is not content merely with his own lack of faith but is also obsessed with (i) censoring expressions of faith by others and (ii) attempting to sow disbelief in others around him.

above definitions describes the characters of 90% of the atheists on NL, who they are, what they think and what they want to achieve.

Im waiting for any atheist that has the balls to challenge my position based on the definitions to come forward.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
rhowly:

the truth is there is some discrimination. not admitting that is false, for me at least. But there is nothing special as real christians following the truth of the bible also suffer discrimination. I know what i suffered from my superiors as well as colleagues for not coming up with fake medical reports and saying no to some illicit medical practices, just because i believed God would not approve of it and stating that as my reason. The fact that i would be discriminated against and hated never stopped me from espousing my beliefs and vocally stating them as my reason. If you don't because you fear discrimination i would then agree the OP was right.

Are you seriously comparing the discrimantion of christians to that of atheists in Nigeria?

Gaddem.

This reminds me of some conservative white men that claimed that there is no racism in America. Blacks just like to complain about hardships more than everyone. The ignorance is outstatnding
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2013
toba: This is a big lie. A very good example of the urban dic definition of evangelical atheist can be found on NL. Most of you NL(at least 90%) are cowards and evangelical atheists. You don't keep your views to yourself but you try to force it on others by calling them names. Here's something

Definition for evangelical atheist :
Web definitions:
1. Antitheism (sometimes anti-theism) is active opposition to theism. The etymological roots of the word are the Greek 'anti-' and...

An evangelical atheist is one who not only believes there is no god or other supreme being, but is obsessed with convincing everyone around them to become an atheist too, usually through hard-line intolerance (the kind they accuse other religions of).

lastly An evangelical atheist is an atheist who is not content merely with his own lack of faith but is also obsessed with (i) censoring expressions of faith by others and (ii) attempting to sow disbelief in others around him.

all definitions describes the characters of 90% of the atheists on NL, who they are, what they think and what they want to achieve.

Im waiting for any atheist that has the balls to challenge my position based on the definitions to come forward.

The awkward moment when one realises that an atheist can not be evangelical.........................a contradiction in terms.

The only way christians can argue against atheism is to make atheism a religion "evangelical atheists" "militant atheists" "you worship yourselves".

All these are petty straw men.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
Genesis proved it ....the gods looked down from the sky......

EZIKIEL had a ufo encounter

Christian find it hard to accept that thier gods were ufo

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2013
Moses encontered the same thing

Mohammed too

Even jesus's dad slept with a human ( abi how holy spirit fit give woman belle?)
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2013
CHRISTIAN USE YOUR BRAINS!
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
THESE WERE STORIES WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE.

christians pls explain the verses below......if you can dare!

Eze 1:14 And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.
Eze 1:15 Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.
Eze 1:16 The appearance of the wheels and their work [was] like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work [was] as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.
Eze 1:17 When they went, they went upon their four sides: [and] they turned not when they went.
Eze 1:18 As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings [were] full of eyes round about them four.
Eze 1:19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.
Eze 1:20 Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither [was their] spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature [was] in the wheels.
Eze 1:21 When those went, [these] went; and when those stood, [these] stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature [was] in the wheels.
Eze 1:22 And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature [was] as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.
Eze 1:23 And under the firmament [were] their wings straight, the one toward the other: every one had two, which covered on this side, and every one had two, which covered on that side, their bodies.
Eze 1:24 And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

The awkward moment when one realises that an atheist can not be evangelical.........................a contradiction in terms.

The only way christians can argue against atheism is to make atheism a religion "evangelical atheists" "militant atheists" "you worship yourselves".

All these are petty straw men.

another lame attempt in defence of atheism.

Pls carefully review the definitions again and tell me they dont describe what u logicboy do on NL.

do u insult christians on NL for failing to reason with you?
do u actively go against religion and christians?
do u potray urself as an atheist in real life situation?
do u preach atheism as the best alternative to theism?

if you do the above, arent u an evangelical atheist?

A christian is supposed to evangelize, but these days atheists are the ones trying to 'win souls'

next?

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness: THESE WERE STORIES WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE.

christians pls explain the verses below......if you can dare!

Eze 1:14 And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.
Eze 1:15 Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.
Eze 1:16 The appearance of the wheels and their work [was] like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work [was] as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.
Eze 1:17 When they went, they went upon their four sides: [and] they turned not when they went.
Eze 1:18 As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings [were] full of eyes round about them four.
Eze 1:19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.
Eze 1:20 Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither [was their] spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature [was] in the wheels.
Eze 1:21 When those went, [these] went; and when those stood, [these] stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature [was] in the wheels.
Eze 1:22 And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature [was] as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.
Eze 1:23 And under the firmament [were] their wings straight, the one toward the other: every one had two, which covered on this side, and every one had two, which covered on that side, their bodies.
Eze 1:24 And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings.

what kinda explanation(s) do u need? do u consider those verses meaningless?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by rhowly(m): 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Are you seriously comparing the discrimantion of christians to that of atheists in Nigeria?

Gaddem.

This reminds me of some conservative white men that claimed that there is no racism in America. Blacks just like to complain about hardships more than everyone. The ignorance is outstatnding

Bros, like or hate it. I may not have an exact idea what its like to be in your shoes and you mine. Though i have lived in nigeria all my life and watched people discriminate against some atheists i know. I just might know what i am talking about and you just might not. Slow down and be a little more objective before you comment. Do you really think you know what real christians face in the workplace, streets and even at home?

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
toba: another lame attempt in defence of atheism.

Pls carefully review the definitions again and tell me they dont describe what u logicboy do on NL.

do u insult christians on NL for failing to reason with you?
do u actively go against religion and christians?
do u potray urself as an atheist in real life situation?
do u preach atheism as the best alternative to theism?

if you do the above, arent u an evangelical atheist?

A christian is supposed to evangelize, but these days atheist are the one trying to 'win souls'

next?

Toba, you are really s.tupid. Over 4 years with atheists and you still ask if atheists preach atheism as the best alternative to theism?

Some atheists prefer secular humanism, some buddhism, etc.

Dunce.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 2:36pm On Feb 17, 2013
@toba

I'm sure you know you don't need to spend any energy to establish evangelical atheism any longer. Remember when we worked together about two years or so ago on a couple of threads that established that conclusively. wink

Now, look at evangelical atheists even doing "touch not my anointed" especially for their Daddy G.O. Dawkins! grin

Ah, and about their Daddy G.O. Dawkins, here is another person who accuses him of 'falsehood' while pointing to what he does in the course of his evangelical atheism.

http://www.standpointmag.co.uk/node/4411/full (per melanie Phillips writing on 'The New Intolerance')

In a follow-up to our "little green men" conversation, Richard Dawkins once again provided an example of what I'm talking about. In a lecture to the American Atheists' Association, which was mainly an attack upon a Christian professor of mathematics who is one of his fiercest critics, he also claimed — falsely — that I had selectively quoted him in order to misrepresent what he had said. In fact, since he was ascribing to me something that someone else altogether had written, it was he who had misquoted me. Nevertheless, the point of this anecdote is that, intent as he was on dramatising to the American Atheists' Association the full depth of my iniquity, he displayed on screen just three words to sum up what both I and the maths professor had done. Those words were "Lying for Jesus".

. . . Dawkins appears to think that everyone who opposes scientism and evangelical atheism is an evil Christian. . . .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 17, 2013
rhowly:

Bros, like or hate it. I may not have an exact idea what its like to be in your shoes and you mine. Though i have lived in nigeria all my life and watched people discriminate against some atheists i know. I just might know what i am talking about and you just might not. Slow down and be a little more objective before you comment. Do you really think you know what real christians face in the workplace, streets and even at home?

Are these "real christians" branded as satanists and evil fools that will burn in hell? Are these people shunned and disowned by their own families?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by rhowly(m): 2:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Are these "real christians" branded as satanists and evil fools that will burn in hell? Are these people shunned and disowned by their own families?

I requested objectivity from you but it seems you declined. Yes, i have been disowned by my family, so dont ask me to pity you.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2013
rhowly:

I requested objectivity from you but it seems you declined. Yes, i have been disowned by my family, so dont ask me to pity you.

I asked you simple questions.

As for being disowned by your family, can you explain further?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Toba, you are really s.tupid. Over 4 years with atheists and you still ask if atheists preach atheism as the best alternative to theism?

Some atheists prefer secular humanism, some buddhism, etc.

Dunce.

lol. evangelical atheism in action. Maybe because atheists are equally confused. Let me ask you, what would you recommend to a friend you love so much between atheism and theism?

Mind you, only a child that lacks morals would insult.

You are yet to challenge my claims of you being an evangelical atheist
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by rhowly(m): 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

and
Wasn't Jesus called something similar. You have honestly said nothing new and nothing i haven't heard before. You have no idea what i personally have faced, so slow down before you assume to know what i speak of. For i would tell you true stories, not fiction like i often hear on NL. At least whatever you face, you face from just other religions not your fellow atheists. We face ostracism from even our kind...sometimes. Slow down is all i'm saying, your sufferings aren't unique

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by rhowly(m): 2:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

I asked you simple questions.

As for being disowned by your family, can you explain further?

What more do u want to hear? my personal stories on NL? no. preferable via email
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by rhowly(m): 2:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
@logicboy03.https://www.nairaland.com/1151894/how-got-born-again-christians-only/1#13702433. just a little to give you some insight. its just a tip of the iceberg
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 2:56pm On Feb 17, 2013
Davidylan is OBVIOUSLY DELUDED and a LIAR. . .Davidylan should HONESTLY tell us how he will react if his child tells him that he has jettison his religious mythology and embraced atheism. . .

Davidylan should try and become an atheist for a day in Nigeria before LYING foolishly. . .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
Enigma: @toba

I'm sure you know you don't need to spend any energy to establish evangelical atheism any longer. Remember when we worked together about two years or so ago on a couple of threads that established that conclusively. wink

Now, look at evangelical atheists even doing "touch not my anointed" especially for their Daddy G.O. Dawkins! grin

Ah, and about their Daddy G.O. Dawkins, here is another person who accuses him of 'falsehood' while pointing to what he does in the course of his evangelical atheism.

http://www.standpointmag.co.uk/node/4411/full (per melanie Phillips writing on 'The New Intolerance')

Of course you're right. I just love it when NL atheists denies the obvious. This helps confirm their insincerity
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

Fact is, people know waaaay less about Fela's stand on religion as compared with, say, his music. Same for Wole Soyinka. When both names are mentioned, first thing that comes to mind are their works, not religious standing. And if you ask most Nigeria what religion either of them adhere to, most Nigeria would tell you that they don't know.

The issue with atheists in Nigeria is rather similar to the issue with gay people in Nigeria (though atheism can't be outlawed by the government in a supposedly religious tolerant country). For celebrities and popular people in Nigeria, your religious (and even sexual) details don't really matter. But if you're just the guy next door, minding your own business, and it comes out that you're atheist, people around start looking at you as a heretic, an anathema and a hell bound sinner (trust me, I've heard people say this. In fact, you don't even need to go beyond Nairaland to know that it's the truth).

I'm a Christian, but live and let live is my mantra. If we all agreed on everything, the world would be a very boring place. The best I can do is give a sound argument on the basis for my belief and leave you to draw your own conclusions. Calling you names just so I can guilt you into accepting my religion is weak, and makes me a religious bully. I view atheists and agnostics (and pretty much every other non-christian) with a kind of fascination because I like to learn about other beliefs and belief systems and, at least, we can have cracking arguments smiley.

So I can totally understand why logic boy would choose to keep his views on religion private from those close to him.

Davidylan, learn some honesty from the guy up here. . .You remain a liar as long as this topic is concerned. . .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
poopli: hey david, you again. am waiting for your answers on origin in ooman's thread. anyway, Eat this .

ATHEISTS LOVE TO DEBUNK XTIANS BECAUSE IT MAKES SENSE A LITTLE. ISLAM IS DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR, HAVE YOU READ THE QURAN AT ALL, IT CONTAINS NOTHING THAT MAKES SCIENTIFIC SENSE.

AM AN AGNOSTIC AND I ALSO SPEAK AGAINST XTIANS AND BIBLE BECAUSE I FEEL THREATENED BY ITS EXPLANATIONS, IF NOT, I WILL JUST ABANDON THE BIBLE LIKE MOST ATHEISTS DO TO QURAN.

SECONDLY, SPEAKING AGAINST THE QURAN MIGHT GET YOU BOMBED AND KILLED, MUSLIMS ARE ANIMALS, WHO WOULD DEBATE WITH THEM?
SO WE FEEL SECURED ABUSING XTIAN GOD AND DEBUNKING THE BIBLE THAN DOING THE SAME TO MUSLIMS BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT, XTIANS CANT JUST BE CRAZY ENOUGH TO KILL FOR THAT.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. . . .Laugh wan kill me for here. . .

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2013
mazaje:

Davidylan, learn some honesty from the guy up here. . .You remain a liar as long as this topic is concerned. . .

Its not only David that can learn honesty. Toba and Enigma as well
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
poopli: here is a food for thought.

THERE IS NOTHING MORE COWARDLY, PUSSILANIMOUS THAN BEING A XTIAN OR MUSLIM, FEARING HELL THAT YOU HAVE NOT SEEN AND CANNOT PROVE AND BELIEVING HEAVEN THAT YOU HAVE NOT SEEN AND CANNOT PROVE.

ONLY THE STRONG CAN BOLDLY SAY: SEEING IS BELIEVING. THESE ARE THE ATHEISTS. AND AGNOSTICS

SO XTIANS, NO ONE IS A COWARD EXCEPT YOU.

Imagine the goons living their entire lives according to the dictates of a STORY book with mostly UNKNOWN authors that LIED all through, and the same goons have the effrontery to call others cowards. . .I laugh in Aramaic. . .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Its not only David that can learn honesty. Toba and Enigma as well

You can not put honesty and Enigma in the same sentence. . .He has nothing to do with honesty, maybe Toba can learn some honesty from the guy's post, but honesty is not what Enigma can be associated with. . .He has no business to do with honesty. . .

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
mazaje:

You can not put honesty and Enigma in the same sentence. . .He has nothing to do with honesty, maybe Toba, but honesty is not what Enigma can be associated with. . .He has no business to do with honesty. . .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 17, 2013
mazaje:

You can not put honesty and Enigma in the same sentence. . .He has nothing to do with honesty, maybe Toba, but honesty is not what Enigma can be associated with. . .He has no business to do with honesty. . .

Well, Toba is only honest about islam. At least you can have a discussion with Toba.

Enigma lies about everything. The worst part is that he is not even ready for a discussion. He brings some selectively mined quotes forward as an argument. I ont know whether he lacks confidence in his own words
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ah, people suffering from enigmation - a syndrome suffered by evangelical atheists (and sciolists generally) when they get enigmated! smiley

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:
Enigma lies about everything.

I'm pretty sure [you know who] lies about everything. smiley

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Well, Toba is only honest about islam. At least you can have a discussion with Toba.

Enigma lies about everything. The worst part is that he is not even ready for a discussion. He brings some selectively mined quotes forward as an argument. I ont know whether he lacks confidence in his own words

He is just a deluded character that can not make a simple case for himself without quote mining others. . .But then we need every body to be different so that things can always be spiced up and interesting. . . . .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 3:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
^^^ A sufferer from the enigmation syndrome, quite clearly. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply)

Eunice Olawale's Coffin And Burial Today (pics) / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Wife, Modele In Matching Denim Outfits / Apostle Suleman Arrives Washington D.C In Style Amid Sex Scandal. Photos/video

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86