Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:10 PM

Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) (26221 Views)

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 07, 2013
Tudór6:
This is just wrong. Nowhere did i state the above as my view point.

My personal view when it comes to the origin of our world is, if it cannot be proven beyond reasonable doubt then i don't subscribe. Faith is rubbish and irrational to me.

davidylan:

this is idiotic, how then do you believe that tomorrow will occur? Is that not by blind faith? Did you see next week in your dreams? How do you know the earth wont fold up in 2 days time?

Faith is irrational to you but your whole life is based around it no?

https://www.nairaland.com/307334/toneyb-majaze-tudor-produces-alternative/1#4329997
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 07, 2013
musKeeto: NL no go kee person..

www.nairaland.com/1230343/happy-birthday-pagan-9ja
LMAO. I MADE THE LIST grin *PHEW* YALL GOT JOKES
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 07, 2013
This one got me rolling with laughter
striktlymi: Good morning mk,

Do you think it is possible for one to 'create' without considering the design of what is to be created?
alfaman2:

Yes. When I "create" poo in the morning, I never consider the design.
https://www.nairaland.com/1249311/intelligent-design-not-same-creationism#15120159
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 07, 2013
musKeeto: @onyfrank: do you know chickens are a kind of fruit?
www.nairaland.com/1249841/between-atheist-computer#15128469
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2013
This one na serious provoke o!
https://www.nairaland.com/1218859/striktlymi-please-tell-me-why
Alfamann: There must be something wrong somewhere because striktlymi is one of the most illogical characters I have seen on nairaland. He is no atheist and actually well represents christianity in its glory of hypocrisy and false modesty.
His only quality is that he can congugate a few understandable sentences despite being a christian, and that's saying a lot.
He always starts with the false greetings which no one asked for, and which nobody needs but which in his christian head, he finds necessary to impose on the rest of us.
He dodges questions with the oldest trick in the book: answering a question with a question. It is not logic. It is "christian intelligence".
Now that this thread was about to open his nyash, he wants it all hush hush. Private pm. Personal matter.
You mr striktlymi, are a hypocrite.
Your useless greetings don't impress me.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 12, 2013
This is one of those crazy threads.
www.nairaland.com/1231330/funny-questions-nigerian-christians-ask
musKeeto: Christian: Science only expresses God, it can never discover God. Scientists can never disprove God.

Atheist: Okay, so you believe those stories in the Bible? Noah' ark for example?

Christian: Yes, those stories are allegories. They hold a deeper meaning.

2 weeks later.....

Christians: Hey, do you know scientists have discovered Noah's Ark?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
InesQor: Adeola: "God I know I haven't been good, but I'm your child and I know your love for me is real. I'll try to do better but now I am in urgent need of your help..."
God: Loves what he is hearing. Smiles and listens to her request, that he'd already been waiting for her to mention. Assigns angels to her aid.

Bintu: "God you know I've been a good girl. And you know I've not done any wrong recently and I've kept my holiness. I know you're just so you'll give me what I deserve"
God: "Oh really? You'd like to keep scores based on the fact that I'm just? Yes indeed I am just. And I have an excellent score-keeper" Summons the score-keeper. Score-keeper excellently reveals holes in her hol-iness. End of discussion.

Chinelo:"I've messed up badly. Everybody knows I'm done for. I won't even bother asking God to help me lest he hand me to the devil in anger"
God: "Sigh. I need to wait for this one to make up her mind & come home. I can't force her hand"
Devil: (rubs hands gleefully, hopes she stays right where she is)

What do you think of these three scenarios? Do they seem familiar to you?
saintvc: The first woman is Goshen

the 2nd woman is frosbel

the third woman is logic boy
https://www.nairaland.com/1212643/tale-3-women

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 16, 2013
www.nairaland.com/1254148/why-idea-god-fraud/11#15261970
Ihedinobi:

Is it now. Let's see.

If God is outside time, He doesn't have a future. Therefore, He does not have foresight. He sort of exists in the present and knows no such thing as a past and a future. So what, for you, may be yet in the future, a future decision is not future to Him. It's happening for Him in the present. He's not foreseeing it, He's witnessing it.

For us though, bound by time, having to see each moment in sequence, one following the other, it's different. We can't witness moments that we are not in. The future is a prediction for us at best. Not so for Him.

When the Bible speaks of God sometimes, it has to use language that makes sense to us, so it speaks of God in a "human" way. Or else, it'll sound like a load of gibberish. That's why it has to speak of foresight as though God had to look ahead to a future.

2 Likes

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 16, 2013
^^^^
funny,it still sounds like gibberish tongue
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 16, 2013
musKeeto: ^^^^
funny,it still sounds like gibberish tongue
Lol.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 16, 2013
Reyginus: Lol.

please, remove ihedinobis quote
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

please, remove ihedinobis quote
why?
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 16, 2013
Reyginus: why?

Its nonsense
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ubenedictus(m): 6:37pm On Apr 16, 2013
Reyginus: www.nairaland.com/1254148/why-idea-god-fraud/11#15261970
it seems ihend just finished reading the "confessions of st augustine"
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by plaetton: 7:56pm On Apr 16, 2013
Reyginus: This one got me rolling with laughterhttp://www.nairaland.com/1249311/intelligent-design-not-same-creationism#15120159

OMG.
This one is a classic
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: it seems ihend just finished reading the "confessions of st augustine"

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Its nonsense
Lol. Trouble boy!
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ubenedictus(m): 8:18am On Apr 17, 2013
Ihedinobi:

the explanation you gave seems exactly the same with that of augustine in his confession
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 17, 2013
Ubenedictus: the explanation you gave seems exactly the same with that of augustine in his confession

Explain further please.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ubenedictus(m): 8:49am On Apr 17, 2013
Logicboy03:
Explain further please.
there is not much to explain, an explanation similar to the one ihend gave above can be found in a 4th century book written by st augustine. The idea that for God there is no past or future but instead an eternal present, because the past and future are present to God is one of the thought of a long dead guy called augustine.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 17, 2013
Ubenedictus: there is not much to explain, an explanation similar to the one ihend gave above can be found in a 4th century book written by st augustine. The idea that for God there is no past or future but instead an eternal present, because the past and future are present to God is one of the thought of a long dead guy called augustine.

So you read his whole autobiography? Anyways....it is impossible to be eternally in the present. God himsel wouldnt be able to reason or hav memories. He cant have past thoughts if he lives in the present always. A logical impissibility.

I hope that u dont suscribe to this mode of thinking. I rate you higher than ihe
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

So you read his whole autobiography? Anyways....it is impossible to be eternally in the present. God himsel wouldnt be able to reason or hav memories. He cant have past thoughts if he lives in the present always. A logical impissibility.

I hope that u dont suscribe to this mode of thinking. I rate you higher than ihe
Please my guys, don't derail the thread.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 17, 2013
Reyginus: Please my guys, don't derail the thread.

Delete ihes qoute
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 17, 2013
Reyginus: This is a thread for the best, worst, funny, harsh, etc. but remarkable posts in the religion section.
grin
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 18, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=15288844&topic=1257522
TroGunn: It's laid bare the depth of counterfeit religion (counterfeit Christianity and others) and it's stranglehold on people.

It's exposed me to atheism, and I've found it largely dumb and shallow - sure requires much more faith to believe than in God.

Overall, it has surely strengthened my belief in the one true God and in the Bible's accuracy.

2 Likes

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
www.nairaland.com/1254148/why-idea-god-fraud/11
mazaje:

The truth always stands out, and many things can be falsified. . .Any thing that can be falsified seizes to become the truth any
more.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2013
^^ "Anything that can be falsified seizes (sic) to become the truth anymore"? Astounding! shocked
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2013
Ihedinobi: ^^ "Anything that can be falsified seizes (sic) to become the truth anymore"? Astounding! shocked
Lololol.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ubenedictus(m): 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

what memories would he need when the past is present to him? what past thought would he need when he lives in an eternal now?
yeah i read the whole book and i'll say it contained the thought of a sound mind, i'll encourage you to get a copy.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: what memories would he need when the past is present to him? what past thought would he need when he lives in an eternal now?
yeah i read the whole book and i'll say it contained the thought of a sound mind, i'll encourage you to get a copy.
I'll have to admit that the logic is sound but I'm having difficulties aligning it with the God described in the Bible.. He talks about blotting out our sins, resting on the 7th day... anyways.. make we no derail Sir Rey thread.. smiley
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: what memories would he need when the past is present to him? what past thought would he need when he lives in an eternal now?

How can past be present to anyone? That is quite illogical and impossible.

Even if you can see everything at once, the past will still be seen as the past as the past is not happening how, it is and will always be behind......
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2013
musKeeto:
I'll have to admit that the logic is sound but I'm having difficulties aligning it with the God described in the Bible.. He talks about blotting out our sins, resting on the 7th day... anyways.. make we no derail Sir Rey thread.. smiley

angry angry angry

THE LOGIC IS NOT SOUND. NO PAST, NO MEMORIES, NO REASONING, NO THOUGHTS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Orji Orizu Sues Reverend-Father Chilaka For N5bn Over Prophecy / A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name / Apostle Suleman Fires Back At Critics Of Dollar Splash On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.