Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) (26085 Views)

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by ooman(m): 12:28pm On Apr 20, 2013
Ihedinobi: ^^ "Anything that can be falsified seizes (sic) to become the truth anymore"? Astounding! shocked

Dumb xtians. The reason why anything will be falsified is because it was believed to be the truth, which it really isn't.

Mazaje made perfect sense but it was too great for you to comprehend because it destroys your self made up god. cheesy
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

angry angry angry

THE LOGIC IS NOT SOUND. NO PAST, NO MEMORIES, NO REASONING, NO THOUGHTS.
Lol, actually, it's... If he's outside time.. It's just like holding a movie in your hand.. you know everything that goes on in the movie.. But the characters in the movie would still have a past, present, and future depending on the storyline.
But all that's in your palm, and your brain too.. you're outside their world, yet you know everything that goes on in their world. Of course, this doesn't resolve the omniscient-freewill conundrum.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 20, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol, actually, it's... If he's outside time.. It's just like holding a movie in your hand.. you know everything that goes on in the movie.. But the characters in the movie would still have a past, present, and future depending on the storyline.
But all that's in your palm, and your brain too.. you're outside their world, yet you know everything that goes on in their world. Of course, this doesn't resolve the omniscient-freewill conundrum.

lets use the movie analogy-

The movie in my palm is playing but I have seen it and I know everything that is going to happen. Does that change the fact I can pause the film and then remember that i paused it at a particular point? For me to remember that pausing place, I would need a to create a memory of it in my mind. After that, I can then also go and start the movie again.

How the hell can I be outside time and create such memory or have two preceeding thoughts? Memories are past thoughts/experiences, no time, no past.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 20, 2013
Logicboy03:
The movie in my palm is playing but I have seen it and I know everything that is going to happen.
Alright.

Logicboy03:
Does that change the fact I can pause the film and then remember that i paused it at a particular point?
If you 'know' how a film starts and ends, why would you have to pause it?
tongue
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2013
@Ube

I've never read Augustine but he's one of the old-timers I have huge respect for.

ooman:

Dumb xtians. The reason why anything will be falsified is because it was believed to be the truth, which it really isn't.

Mazaje made perfect sense but it was too great for you to comprehend because it destroys your self made up god. cheesy

I'd hate to use banter to spoil the thread and beyond this reply, I don't intend to say more.

Mazaje's logic is the same as this: any currency that can be forged ceases to be genuine.

You decide how sensible that is to you. smiley
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by ooman(m): 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2013
Ihedinobi: @Ube

I've never read Augustine but he's one of the old-timers I have huge respect for.

I'd hate to use banter to spoil the thread and beyond this reply, I don't intend to say more.

Mazaje's logic is the same as this: any currency that can be forged ceases to be genuine.

You decide how sensible that is to you. smiley

that is a misconstruction of that logic.

another analogy would be - members of a particular village believe a goddess normally comes out by 10pm to kill anyone she meets outside - someone stays beyond 10pm to falsify it and frees the villagers of their delusion.

we are talking about true or false not genuine or fake cool
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 20, 2013
musKeeto:
Alright.

If you 'know' how a film starts and ends, why would you have to pause it?
tongue

Seniously? Why are you watching it in the first place?

Secondly, have u never ever paused a film that u have watched before?
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Seniously? Why are you watching it in the first place?

Secondly, have u never ever paused a film that u have watched before?
angry

Let's follow logic. Once something is said to be outside time, you can't attribute past, present, future.. to it.. All those terms fall within the boundary of time. Once something is timeless, then it's beyond the scope of these terms.

It doesn't change the fact that this is all ABSTRACT BULLSHIT in my opinion. but, sense e make small...
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 20, 2013
^^^^

Oya if all of una wan fight, make una take the fight off this thread, or...... grin
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
musKeeto:
angry

Let's follow logic. Once something is said to be outside time, you can't attribute past, present, future.. to it.. All those terms fall within the boundary of time. Once something is timeless, then it's beyond the scope of these terms.

It doesn't change the fact that this is all ABSTRACT BULLSHIT in my opinion. but, sense e make small...

Nothing can be outside time. Existence is based on time. Gbam
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by plaetton: 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2013
musKeeto:
angry

Yeah. By the same logic, if god is seperate from creation, as most theists would claim, then, god does not exist in creation, as all atheists claim.
It is funny that , in this case, both theists and atheists agree on the same logic, but disagree on the implication.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:16am On Apr 24, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1028529/defence-logicboy/8#12168409

cyrexx: And it shall come to pass in those days, the spirit of davidylan shall fully enter Ihedinobi, while being cheerled on by ishilove, and he shall open his mouth wide and say "Raca" to whoever does not agree with his views. the soldier of christ will then begin to fight his battles physically, like the moslems, since S.W.A.T (spiritual war and tactics) is not yielding any results.

but no problem, Yahweh can easily be appeased with repentance and you can get away with virtually any sin if you are "smart" enough to "repent" at the right time. so there is no consequence of disobeying his word that says you should not call people fools.

onward, Ihedinobi, the newly evolved chrisian soldier.

let the abrasive languages continue on these godforsaken hellbound unbelievers.

Yahweh is proud of you, his fighting kid, as you are helping him fight his battles, just like Allah is proud of them muslims. grin

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:21am On Apr 24, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1093829/yahwehs-real-vision-hell#12838725

plaetton:
But yes, Imagine owning an entire universe all to yourself, and then fretting over the attention of puny humans. Its comparable to an emperor having a low self-esteem because the bacteria in his faeces are not giving him enough attention.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:27am On Apr 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
God is omnipotent creator and we can't question His purposes simply because to do that, we have to have just as much knowledge and power as He has i.e. to judge God, we must be equal to or greater than God. A chicken cannot judge your morality over why you chose to kill one chicken for dinner and leave the other. It is only a fellow man or a greater being that qualifies to judge your choice of dinner

Purist:
Unlike God, I don't profess undying love for chickens.

https://www.nairaland.com/990487/morality-possible-without-authoritative-source/15#11563327

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ishilove: 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
@cyrexx, You dey find how I go set obadiah777 on you, shey? tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 27, 2013
www.nairaland.com/1271765/why-dont-muslims-pray-english
alfaman2: Allah doesn't understand english.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 27, 2013
www.nairaland.com/915300/chance-intelligent-design-creation
PhenomenonVFX:

which scientists in ur village discovered star clusters older than the universe? U better some credible evidence (not some religious site) or forever shut ur gob.
ooman: ^^^the guy's comments were so irritating that I refused to quote him.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by ooman(m): 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2013
plaetton:

Yeah. By the same logic, if god is seperate from creation, as most theists would claim, then, god does not exist in creation, as all atheists claim.
It is funny that , in this case, both theists and atheists agree on the same logic, but disagree on the implication.

Plaetton, you are simply great by this comment.

Can you allow me to reuse it, then maybe open another thread so that we can discuss this?? or you can do it cheesy
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by plaetton: 12:33am On Apr 28, 2013
ooman:

Plaetton, you are simply great by this comment.

Can you allow me to reuse it, then maybe open another thread so that we can discuss this?? or you can do it cheesy

Yes indeed, you may.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 28, 2013
www.nairaland.com/1267739/dawkins-tells-atheists-mock-religion/1#1267739.32
hisblud: Hmm, I thought you and your cohorts have the time in the world to research on anything and everything religious and make up your mind? I bet its more than just familiar but fear . Christians are standing up in the above countries - iran and saudi - and quite much have sufferred yet with joy, so also have muslims too in western countries as well...but am yet to see an athiest stand up in iran or saudi for his/her non conviction, except you can educate me on one, rather they prefer liberal and open nations to mock... grin grin grin hence what ravi was pointing out...
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2013
www.nairaland.com/1185049/death-god-spirits-heaven-hell
wiegraf:

Look at what you did, billy-goat-naire, you've made a theist appear reasonable. On the other topic you have around here, you even made a muslim look good. Are you happy with yourself now? At least this theist asked a question no atheist would ask, as the answer would appear obvious to any of us, thereby proving our supeririar logicah reasoning skills. So, to answer the bold @inspired, it's because he's a billionare in zimbawean currency. You could check if you're a billionaire in ZWD as well by going to... would you look at that, the currency has been suspended. Anyhoo, the rate used to be 1USD = 80,000 – 300,000,000,000,000 ZWD. Not saying your moniker is a lie mind you, just showing you how his isn't.

Yes, I don't particularly consider you a theist per se, hence my need to separate you from the average theist. I think of you as something else trying to fleece sheeple. Can't say you're a wolf in sheep skin though, the pic below would better describe how I see you. Consider this is going by your terms, ie, assuming I'm a goat, so there are goats in this hypothetical universe we're using for analogies. There are wolves as well, and sheeple are sheep, etc. The second pic demonstrates what I think your objectives are.

So, back to my questions. A small demonstration of your awesome surely cannot hurt, no? You know, like tell me what am I thinking of right now? Or melt my brains so I 'back off'. Or tell me what I'll be having for breakfast tomorrow, you're always welcome to teleport and observe. You can pick the location of course.
Billyonaire: Congratulations, you have been promoted to Kindergarten cos of an IQ less than 17% of a 2yrs old.

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by vedaxcool(m): 3:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
Reyginus: www.nairaland.com/1271765/why-dont-muslims-pray-english

The above quuote shows for a christian you are extremely daft to a fault that the term animal stupidity seems more of a glorifcation than an insult, if an atheist made a statement insulting God or even someone's elses concept of God, teh fool that dwells in you should atleast advice you that what goes around comes around and that prasing blasphemy to the point f calling it greatest quote is a epitome of savage foolishness, or do you think Jesus would be happy with such statement? grin grin grin grin christians like you are a shame and disgrace to religion, somehow i have long concluded that your IQ is of an abysmal level indeed!
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
vedaxcool:

The above quuote shows for a christian you are extremely daft to a fault that the term animal stupidity seems more of a glorifcation than an insult!

VexAndCool, be a good ambassador of the religion of peace.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by vedaxcool(m): 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2013
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
hehehee... find a better image tongue one that works

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by vedaxcool(m): 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
grin grin grin grin the pix touch some nerve tongue tongue tongue

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Paschal007: 7:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
vedaxcool: Personally I have a certain respect for TB Joshua, if not for anything, that fact that he takes care of the poor makes him a reality in our policy . . . as for mosquito, don't mind him, most atheist do not know serious minded people intending to make Africa light at night, would use common sense in posting their ideas on how to make this happen in the science and technology section of NL not at the religion forum, where people who are interested in spiritual matter come to discourse . . . Nigeria seems destined to produce paradox, somehow, religion is suppose to produce Light at night and science is suppose to show the way to heaven . . . atheist I dey hail unah wisdom
www.nairaland.com/1273617/obj-sent-t.b-joshua-packing#1273617.6

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:18am On May 11, 2013
What theory this man can come up with...smh
obadiah777: WELL I HAVE DISCUSSED THIS AS A SIDE ISSUE ON A THREAD BUT JUST THOUGHT IT WAS BIG ENOUGH TO DESERVE ITS OWN THREAD AS WELL AS TO CONFOUND GAINSAYING PHARISEES LIKE BOOKMARK AND DESIKA AS TO THE METAPHORICAL NATURE OF THE BIBLE. IN THIS THREAD I WILL DISCUSS AS WELL AS THE WALKING ON WATER ISSUE, THE REAL MEANING OF WHAT BAPTISM IS, AS WELL AS REITERATE WHAT FASTING REALLY IS. SO 3 ISSUES, 3 FALLACIES OF CHRISTIANS, 3 ERRORS OF CHRISTIANS.

ISSUE 1 - DID JESUS WALK ON WATER LITERALLY ? WHAT KINDA MAGIC TRICK IS THAT ? IS THAT WHAT THE BIBLE IS REALLY TALKING ABOUT ? NO IT IS NOT. WHAT IS WATERS ? LETS GO PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT
REVELATION 17 VS 15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the LovePeddler sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. WATERS IS A MULTITUDE OF PEOPLES. SO THE WAVES WERE ROUGH AND ERRATIC MEANING THE PEOPLES HE WAS PREACHING TO WERE REPROBATE BELLIGERENT ROWDY SCOFFERS, HOWEVER HE WALKED OVER THE WATERS, HE CALMED THE WATERS, MEANING HE PREVAILED OVER THE PEOPLE AND CONVINCED THE GAINSAYERS AND SCOFFERS. HE WALKED OVER THEM. HE PREVAILED OVER THEM. HE CONVERTED THEM ALL. AND THATS WHAT THAT MEANS. HE AINT LITERALLY WALK OVER WATER. HE IS THE LORD BUT HE DONT DO CHEAP MAGIC TRICKS.

ISSUE 2- ALL THESE REPROBATE PASTORS DIPPING PEOPLE IN WATER THINKING THEY ARE BAPTIZING THEM DONE LOST THEY MINDS. JUST THE OTHER DAY ONE OF THEM MANAGED TO DROWN HIMSELF IN HIS BAPTISMAL WATER. THESE FOLKS IS CRAZY. SO WHAT EXACTLY DOES BAPTISM IN WATER MEAN ? 'WATER' IN THE SINGULAR IS A BIBLICAL WORD FOR 'DOCTRINE'. WHAT DOCTRINE ? IN THIS CASE THE WORD, THE BIBLE. SO WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BAPTIZE WITH WATER ? LETS LET THE DICTIONARY DO THE REST OF THE JOB FOR US
bap·tize (bp-tz, bptz)
v. bap·tized, bap·tiz·ing, bap·tiz·es
b. To initiate.

TO INITIATE ? WHAT DOES TO INITIATE MEAN ?
in·i·ti·ate (-nsh-t)
tr.v. in·i·ti·at·ed, in·i·ti·at·ing, in·i·ti·ates
a. Instructed in esoteric knowledge.

WHAT IS ESOTERIC KNOWLEDGE ?
es·o·ter·ic [es-uh-ter-ik] Show IPA
adjective
understood by or meant for only the select few who have special knowledge or interest; recondite:
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT, TO BE BAPTIZED MEANS TO BE TAUGHT SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE WHICH IS MEANT FOR A SELECT FEW AND TO BE BAPTIZED WITH WATER MEANS TO BE TAUGHT THE SCRIPTURES. AINT GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH DIPPING FOLK IN LITERAL WATER.
https://www.nairaland.com/1285942/did-jesus-really-walk-water
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by 2cassavasticks: 7:37am On May 11, 2013
ooman:

Do you really understand the meaning of falsification? Idiocy is a bad thing oh!
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:58am On May 11, 2013
2cassava sticks:
Do you really understand the meaning of falsification? Idiocy is a bad thing oh!
Bro, please don't start a fight here.
Stick with Post 0.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by 3cassavasticks: 8:47am On May 11, 2013
Reyginus: Bro, please don't start a fight here.
Stick with Post 0.
Why are you complaining? That was my favorite post na.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:41am On May 11, 2013
Reyginus: What theory this man can come up with...smhhttp://www.nairaland.com/1285942/did-jesus-really-walk-water
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

'AI Jesus' Talks Dating, Relationships, Morals — Even Offers Video-gaming Tips / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Apostle Suleman’s Private Jet / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.