Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

United States Of America Vs United Kingdom - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom (41660 Views)

Poll: Which country would you rather live in, given the choice?

The United States?: 62% (110 votes)
The United Kingdom?: 37% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Lady Narrates Experience Shopping For Peppers In United Kingdom / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom!!! Your Thoughts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

TV License is only about $260 per year or what ever the conversion rate in that your sinking currency,so no big deal.We get value for money and most want it to stay.Incidentally,when you enjoy programmes like The Office or listen to the BBC World Sevice(even Hausa service dey),you know you are getting value for money grin
and how much is the internet, phone, and cable?

ever heard of triple play. . .get cables/ high speed Internet/ phone for less than $100 a month. . undecided
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Imani(f): 12:53am On Apr 03, 2008
nwando:

give me your source
Most of them walk around freely amongst you all
all they need to do is wear a ninja outfit and they fit right in with the rest of soceity

Were you the tailor that sowed the ninja outfits? grin

You guys talking about not putting people in prisons enough, of what use are prisoners, especially male, if they are raped repeated like they are in the US, to the wider society. Of course they would be repeat offenders!!!

With regards to TV licence, you guys indirectly pay for it too. How else do the media cooperation get so large. At least we know what we are paying for.

morenike09:

ever heard of triple play. . .get cables/ high speed Internet/ phone for less than $100 a month. . undecided

You mean you spend upto $100 for cable/phone/internet?. Those cable people must be making loads of money of you folks living the "american dream".
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 03, 2008
eldee:

no, now that u're blaming illegal immigrants for more than half of the population not having passports.
if at possible maxium only thirty percent are not inborn, what have 'illegals' done to deserve the blame of the whole nation of unexposed bingo-players grin grin
erm, do they show big events like the Brit Awards and FA Cup matches?
You don't gerrit, we watch 'The Apprentice' on BBC uncut cheesy

haaaaaaaaaa. . .emi na. . .eldee, where exactly did you see me type "the rest of the illigal immigrants are to blame". . oma se o. .

Apprentice ko apparatus ni angry angry i dey here watching "UK, the land of the Horrible" too. hissssssss. see, not all you watch on TV is correct, aburo mi. . .not all
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

TV License is only about $260 per year or what ever the conversion rate in that your sinking currency,so no big deal.We get value for money and most want it to stay.Incidentally,when you enjoy programmes like The Office or listen to the BBC World Sevice(even Hausa service dey),you know you are getting value for money grin

Put 260 pounds a year at 12% in a growth fund,you'll have a sizeable change at retirement
That's what they fleece you on your JVC TV
I'm even weeping for you
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 12:55am On Apr 03, 2008
@ 4 play,

USA is a country full of sexual deviants.
I am not shocked at the stats at all. . . . .an average American is morally-corrupt.
Their men behave like animals on HEAT. . . . . Its pathetic.

@ nwando
Buggy infested streets?
It seems u are jealous of the UK.
Don't be mad. . . . We have always had it so good.
Did u see those obese peops during hurricane Katrina?
Tell me how happy those people are living in the USA . . . I thunk i was watching a documentary of a remote village in Tanzania.

The stats are not far-fetched. Go and google it.
130 pounds TV license is no big deal to us. . . . . I pay 50 quid a month to watch the Premiership alone.
UK is expensive cos it's designed to bring quality to an average resident. When u want quality, u pay for it.
You have nuthing on the UK. . . . . . We are miles better than y'all.
I wouldn't raise ma kids in the USA. . . . .NEVER!!!!!
4 play already said a woman is more likely to be raped in the UK than Liberia or Rwanda(during their civil wars).
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by debosky(m): 12:56am On Apr 03, 2008
grin grin grin

the worst thing in comparing the US to the UK is the tax

I hear its 40% on the top income bracket shocked, don't know how much it is in the US, but i don't think its that bad. Do they get tax refunds in the UK?

another thing about the UK is most of them can't even speak English grin grin

260 for TV license?? shocked No wonder jackal keeps telling 'em that its not his house and the owners are not around grin grin grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 03, 2008
Imani:

Were you the tailor that sowed the ninja outfits? grin

You guys talking about not putting people in prisons enough, of what use are prisoners, especially male, if they are raped repeated like they are in the US, to the wider society. Of course they would be repeat offenders!!!

With regards to TV licence, you guys indirectly pay for it too. How else do the media cooperation get so large. At least we know what we are paying for.

Media in America is private business
where do you think England learnt privatization from?
Government is a very minor employer here,most thingsare in private hands
The sky is the limit
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 03, 2008
debosky:

260 for TV license?? shocked No wonder jackal keeps telling 'em that its not his house and the owners are not around grin grin grin
ROTFLMBO. . . grin grin grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 1:00am On Apr 03, 2008
nwando:

America has good measures of gathering statistics
Show me valid stats of rapes in the UK
I can assure you neither myself nor morenike nor reloaded have been held at gun point and or raped.
The "safe" neighbourhoods in America out number the ghettos by a wide margin so it's not as though we're dodging bullets in our homes as they feed you guys over there to take your minds off the miserable life of penury grin

So its the UK that does have good statistical records? You won't see one article that claims the opposite,here is an example of the widely differing rates of sexual crimes between the US and the UK:
The US rape rate as measured in police statistics was 17 times that in England and Wales in 1981 but 3 times greater in 1996.
http://www.civitas.org.uk/data/twoCountries.php

You can only speak for yourself,don't speak for instance for the 56% of African American women who claimed to have been sexually abused at some point in their lives.Don't speak for the thousands of women who are raped in America at a level that surpasses anything the Western world can muster.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Imani(f): 1:02am On Apr 03, 2008
debosky:

grin grin grin

the worst thing in comparing the US to the UK is the tax

I hear its 40% on the top income bracket shocked, don't know how much it is in the US, but i don't think its that bad. Do they get tax refunds in the UK?

another thing about the UK is most of them can't even speak English grin grin

Enough "defence" of the UK today. I shall continue in due course. cool

With regards to the 40% tax, that is only taxable if you earn above a certain amount. It is not the whole salary that is taxed 40%. Give us some credit grin

The Reverse is true for the Americans. Some don't know there are other languages besides English and spanish grin

At least Jackal house "owners" still have their houses and they didnt get mortages they couldn't afford. lipsrsealed.

4Play, Jackal and others, over to u cool
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 1:02am On Apr 03, 2008
morenike09:

Look at this one.I am telling you broadband is free and I can make calls for free 24 hours a day to any landline in the UK and 10 other countries including the US grin What is $100 a month? That is what you pay by the time you finish subscribing to SkyMovies,SkySports and the Playboy Channel grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 1:04am On Apr 03, 2008
debosky:

Are you saying $260 per year is too much?'Ol boy,don't let me start with Canada o grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 1:04am On Apr 03, 2008
@ Debosky,

U are a neutral here. Don't take sides. grin cheesy grin
How dare u talk about ma evasive tactics here?

Of course, we get tax refunds here and there is even tax credit systems here.

@ nwando,

The media here is in private hands too.
SKYTV is not owned by the government . . . .we all know how much they make from y'all airing the Premiership to y'all bored poofs.
Leave our buggys alone. . .
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 03, 2008
The Jackal:

@ 4 play,

USA is a country full of sexual deviants.
I am not shocked at the stats at all. . . . .an average American is morally-corrupt.
Their men behave like animals on HEAT. . . . . Its pathetic.

@ nwando
Buggy infested streets?
It seems u are jealous of the UK.
[b]Don't be mad. . . . We have always had it so good.
Did u see those obese peops during hurricane Katrina?[/b]Tell me how happy those people are living in the USA . . . I thunk i was watching a documentary of a remote village in Tanzania.

The stats are not far-fetched. Go and google it.
130 pounds TV license is no big deal to us. . . . . I pay 50 quid a month to watch the Premiership alone.
UK is expensive because it's designed to bring quality to an average resident. When u want quality, u pay for it.
You have nuthing on the UK. . . . . . We are miles better than y'all.
I wouldn't raise ma kids in the USA. . . . .NEVER!!!!!
4 play already said a woman is more likely to be raped in the UK than Liberia or Rwanda(during their civil wars).

You've mentioned katrina a few times.
I promise you if your neighbourhood was flooded and aerial pictures of you were taken while you were clutching your teddy bear and eating kpof kpof
You won't look pretty!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 1:06am On Apr 03, 2008
You don't even need to pay the TV license,how will they know you watch TV? If you are buying a TV,you can give them a fake address if you think $260 is too much grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 03, 2008
now let's go slower on this TV license issue
4play says 260 pounds,jackal says 150
Bia Jackal,is yours an 18 inch black and white? grin
why the price difference ?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by eldee(m): 1:09am On Apr 03, 2008
another thing about the UK is most of them can't even speak English
The average UK-schooled kid speaks two or more languages, now beat that grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 03, 2008
Is it paid per TV?
what if the TV breaks down or you dash it away are you then exempt ?
are there TV police that peep through the window to verify? shocked shocked shocked
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 1:10am On Apr 03, 2008
this UK people using style to complain about their government wont leave us alone. grin
260 pounds for watching TV? No wonder Nollywood is free.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 1:10am On Apr 03, 2008
nwando:

now let's go slower on this TV license issue
4play says 260 pounds,jackal says 150
Bia Jackal,is yours an 18 inch black and white? grin
why the price difference ?

I said [b]$[/b]260.Bia Nwando,this is what happens when you are using dial-up internet(like Linkserve in Nigeria).Your connection is too slow jare.You can't keep up with the discussion.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

Look at this one.I am telling you broadband is free and I can make calls for free 24 hours a day to any landline in the UK and 10 other countries including the US grin What is $100 a month? That is what you pay by the time you finish subscribing to SkyMovies,SkySports and the Playboy Channel grin
so you're telling me you can call the U.S freely. . opuro elenu jaga jaga ni e. . . angry. . .i know family members that have to use cards to call us. hisss.

4play, you're telling me you can just go and buy a laptop, connect it, and you can just browse the net for free?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 1:11am On Apr 03, 2008
eldee:

The average UK kid speaks two or more languages, now beat that grin

What's the difference between him and the average nigerian hawker? They too can proudly speak 2 or more languages . . .
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 1:13am On Apr 03, 2008
morenike09:

so you're telling me you can call the US freely. . opuro elenu jaga jaga ni e. . . angry. . .i know family members that have to use cards to call us. hisss.

4play, you're telling me you can just go and buy a laptop, connect it, and you can just browse the net for free?

Come and see British wonder! grin grin grin grin Morenike Alagolo is dazed,shocked and almost comatose.SkyTalk enables you to call the US and 9 other countries for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!Not to mention,you can call any landline in the UK for free.

Yes,SkyBroadband is for free! Just connect to the net within 7 days and start browsing .

You don't know what you are missing.I will come to the US and bring you over,ok? grin grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 03, 2008
eldee:

because they're from different countries. . .as to the illegal immigrants we were discussing, they can speak 2 or more languages. reason why Americans that are from here(those whose ancestors immigrated from Europe in the 1600s) knows only English because that's what they know, their fore fathers are from your wretched Europe
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 1:14am On Apr 03, 2008
@ nwando,

I wouldn't worry about that if i were u . . . . My neighbourhood cannot be flooded.  
We stick to the scripts. . . .unlike y'all. grin cheesy
4 play says its $260 which is 130 pounds per year, . . . An average American dude cannot even do simple conversion. . .tssk, tsssk.

@ 4 play,

Exactly!!!!

Who pays TV License in London city?
The laws are not thoroughly enforced in the cities. . . . only the countryside peops are pressed to pay TV license.
I am writing Debosky's address in Ealing the next time i am buying a TV.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 03, 2008
what else do you people pay license on
The truth shall set una free

4 Play:

I said [b]$[/b]260.Bia Nwando,this is what happens when you are using dial-up internet(like Linkserve in Nigeria).Your connection is too slow jare.You can't keep up with the discussion.

LOL
never used dial up,never will.
You are throwing money in the dust bin and has been programmed to believe it's for quality TV.
What a shame
what else are you paying for? grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by chiogo(f): 1:15am On Apr 03, 2008
eldee:

Na wa. . . I can speak 2 languages too. what's d difference?/ I bet the 'average Uk-schooled-kid' u're talkin' about are from naija.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:16am On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

Come and see British wonder! grin grin grin grin Morenike Alagolo is dazed,shocked and almost comatose.SkyTalk enables you to call the US and 9 other countries for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!Not to mention,you can call any landline in the UK for free.

Yes,SkyBroadband is for free! Just connect to the net within 7 days and start browsing .

You don't know what you are missing.I will come to the US and bring you over,ok? grin grin

and you guys wonder why America is always and will continue to be economically stable than europe. you guys wonder why everything is so damn expensive. why? b/c they're slyly charging you for the "free" landlines and browsing undecided
'
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 1:17am On Apr 03, 2008
Make I go sleep jare.See them,only thieving Yanks will be awake when the rest of the world is sleeping grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 03, 2008
The Jackal:

@ nwando,

I wouldn't worry about that if i were u . . . . My neighbourhood cannot be flooded.  
We stick to the scripts. . . .unlike y'all. grin cheesy
4 play says its $260 which is 130 pounds. . . . An average American dude cannot even do simple conversion. . .tssk, tsssk.

@ 4 play,

Exactly!!!!

Who pays TV License in Londo city?
The laws are not thoroughly enforced in the cities. . . . only the countryside peops are pressed to pay TV license.
I am writing Debosky's address in Ealing the next time i am buying a TV.

It's una wey sabi all the currency conversion rates
what do I care.
So you folks have carried your naija mago mago jaguda reach London
Una don begin dodge taxes and yet you call Americans criminals?
shocked shocked
wayo people
see wetin suffer suffer dey cause.
good kids from good homes suddenly turned agbero overnight
TUFIAKWA!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

Make I go sleep jare.See them,only thieving Yanks will be awake when the rest of the world is sleeping grin
Oluwa o!! it's called time zone. olodo
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 1:19am On Apr 03, 2008
morenike09:

Oluwa o!! it's called time zone. olodo

How can the average briton know that? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25)

Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. / Man Wanted To Pay For His Transport Fare With Bank Transfer / UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.