Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,771 members, 7,831,478 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

United States Of America Vs United Kingdom - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom (41649 Views)

Poll: Which country would you rather live in, given the choice?

The United States?: 62% (110 votes)
The United Kingdom?: 37% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Lady Narrates Experience Shopping For Peppers In United Kingdom / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom!!! Your Thoughts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 12:23am On Apr 03, 2008
Imani:

[b]I have to admit that in the UK, we have only 5 terrestial channels and those that care and can afford get Sky satelite but you hardly see such cases of watching too much TV. [/b]Well, we have to pay TV licence lipsrsealed so we actually have to get off our butts and work. grin

No embarrass us here o grin Freeview is free o.Mind yourself o,stick to the script. grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 03, 2008
D-reloaded:

If they were human beings, they wouldnt be there in the first place.

Dont know how you can brag about your prisoners playing video games. Using your paycheck to sit and play games for commiting a crime. At least we are nice enough to help most of them get GEDs, etc but we still make sure they remember that they are not supposed to LIKE prison, you are boasting about playing Tekken 4. Shameless! tongue

Funny enough I had the same retarded mindset before moving here.
No one I knew in Britain encouraged me to move here.
Everyone talked of crime,free health care .
Some neighbourhoods in London and Manchester are worse than South Central LA.
Now most of those friends are here
those who aren't come here every chance they get andgave up because they didn't want to start all over after marking time in that dry UK.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 12:24am On Apr 03, 2008
I hear once you get to Heathrow. There's a babalawo shop on the left and a Iya Basira buka on the right grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 12:26am On Apr 03, 2008
No be the same Jackal and 4Play that were once talking about how you HAVE to carry a swiss army knife anytime you go towards South London?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 12:26am On Apr 03, 2008
4Him:

nollywood movies a sign of good standard of living? shocked

For people like D-Reloaded who spend time keeping tabs on Geneviveve and Omotola's BMI,its very useful info grin

D-reloaded:

4Play, don't even play yourself

abolishing slavery in the UK hasnt stopped the racism and please don't even TRY to deny a good majority of white Brits are bloody neo nazi racists

They are all neo-Nazis and they never told us to sit at the back of the bus? How come income disparity between the races is worse in the US than in the UK.How come you have greater ghettoization than in the UK?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by eldee(m): 12:27am On Apr 03, 2008
Some neighbourhoods in London and Manchester are worse than South Central LA
Please start mentioning abeg, Peckham? Eastham? where
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 03, 2008
ROFL
They even have naijas hustling on street corners
I have taken kabu kabu from Gatwick before.
Kabu kabu
They spot you and begin to nack pigdin.
no meter,no taxes.
Now that's a hustler
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Imani(f): 12:29am On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

No embarrass us here o grin Freeview is free o.Mind yourself o,stick to the script. grin

Of course!! cheesy

nwando:

those who aren't come here every chance they get andgave up because they didn't want to start all over after marking time in that dry UK.

Are you sure your friends are entitled to live and work in the UK, have the necessary qualifications and show ambitions to progress and not just praying till their Kingdom?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 03, 2008
eldee:

Please start mentioning abeg, Peckham? Eastham? where

Please help me out,it's been a while Istepped unto  those places where angels fear to tread grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 12:29am On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

For people like D-Reloaded who spend time keeping tabs on Geneviveve and Omotola's BMI,its very useful info grin

They are all neo-Nazis and they never told us to sit at the back of the bus? How come income disparity between the races is worse in the US than in the UK.How come you have greater ghettoization than in the UK?

First comment *waka* tongue. I see that you people pay TV liscense with your 5 channels. Continue!

secondly, I will be the first to admit to the racism in the states, as for ghettos and what not, please ask your friends the akatas. since you Brits supposedly love helping others, why dont you take them in so WE the sane and hardworking people can live in peace.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 03, 2008
nwando:

ROFL
They even have naijas hustling on street corners
I have taken kabu kabu from Gatwick before.
Kabu kabu
They spot you and begin to nack pigdin.
no meter,no taxes.
Now that's a hustler
rotflmbo. . omg!! grin grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 12:31am On Apr 03, 2008
nwando:

Funny enough I had the same retarded mindset before moving here.
No one I knew in Britain encouraged me to move here.
Everyone talked of crime,free health care .
Some neighbourhoods in London and Manchester are worse than South Central LA.

Bia Nwando,don't even dare compare your murderous and rapist infested cesspit to the UK. angry Of course,there are exceptions but the broad trend throughout the UK cannot be compared to the US where women are far more likely to be raped(some figures as high as 17 times using stats going back decades).

How una dey manage in that country.No wonder HotFunmmi was packing heat grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by chiogo(f): 12:32am On Apr 03, 2008
Damn, all these long stories, how did this topic get to so many pages.

Anywayz, America still RULES!!! no argument about that. Like someone said, UK is for people who were refused visas to America, simple.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 03, 2008
Imani:

Of course!! cheesy

Are you sure your friends are entitled to live and work in the UK, have the necessary qualifications and show ambitions to progress and not just praying till their Kingdom?

I'm not talking of people who came in to wash dishes.
Thereare folks I know right now with the coveted HSBC or whatever you people call it and have gone back to Naija because of no jobs.
I'm talking highly educated folks
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 12:33am On Apr 03, 2008
D-reloaded:

I hear once you get to Heathrow. There's a babalawo shop on the left and a Iya Basira buka on the right grin

Don't get it twisted. . . .
The Babalawo shop is set up by MI-5s and immigration officers to catch potential illegal immigrants seeking help to evade the arms of the law. grin

Carrying a SWISS army knife is for protection.
Just like Doyin13 packs condoms in his wallet. . . . No one knows when he might need it. grin cheesy

Meanwhile, we pay TV license to watch uninterrupted quality programmes on BBC.
Have u ever wondered why BBC don't show commercial ads?
Our TV License has covered all that. . . . . . Talk about CLASS!!!!!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 03, 2008
eldee, plz tell me where you got your statistics. . .only 30% are non whites? ok. . .so is there anywhere in my post that suggested that all the 30% are illegal immigrants? and plz draw out another statistics of the people without passports. . .kia kia nisi yi grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Imani(f): 12:35am On Apr 03, 2008
D-reloaded:

First comment *waka* tongue. I see that you people pay TV liscense with your 5 channels. Continue!

secondly, I will be the first to admit to the racism in the states, as for ghettos and what not, please ask your friends the akatas. since you Brits supposedly love helping others, why don't you take them in so WE the sane and hardworking people can live in peace.

Sorry dear, we can't since we dont have visa lottery scheme, and dont do amnesty. There are lots of illegals already and we are not as big as the "massive" US, with big roads etc. We can send some over to you sef.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

Bia Nwando,don't even dare compare your murderous and rapist infested cesspit to the UK. angry Of course,there are exceptions but the broad trend throughout the UK cannot be compared to the US where women are far more likely to be raped(some figures as high as 17 times using stats going back decades).

How una dey manage in that country.No wonder HotFunmmi was packing heat grin

And there are no rapes in the UK?
no child killers
no kidnappings
no terrorist threats?
no pick pockets
no knifers
no break ins
It's just a happy place with your free health insurance
A land where the rapists and childmolesters play "mortal combat"on their PSP
Lord have mercy!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 03, 2008
Jackal. . .seems like the main reason you're in UK is to watch their ad free TV programs. . kudos to you
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 12:37am On Apr 03, 2008
The Jackal:

Paying taxes for a TV that is legally urs is slavery not class.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 12:38am On Apr 03, 2008
The Jackal:

Just like Doyin13 packs condoms in his wallet. . . . No one knows when he might need it. grin cheesy

You dey mind them,have they heard of condoms?HIV prevalence in the US is 3 times the ratio of that of the UK shocked It is the worst in the Western world shocked
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 03, 2008
The Jackal:

Don't get it twisted. . . .
The Babalawo shop is set up by MI-5s and immigration officers to catch potential illegal immigrants seeking help to evade the arms of the law. grin

[b]Meanwhile, we pay TV license to watch uninterrupted quality programmes on BBC.
Have u ever wondered why BBC don't show commercial ads?[/b]Our TV License has covered all that. . . . . . Talk about CLASS!!!!!

We have them here and they are called PBS
Public broadcasting service
They rely on donations from viewers and not mandatory TV taxes
What other taxes una dey pay?
Taxes to pass a number 2 down the John?
Tufiakwa!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 12:40am On Apr 03, 2008
@ nwando,

Of course, we have criminals here.
However, the statistics here are low compared to the state of NY alone.
Blimey. . . . . Y'all americans are still yet to solve the death of 2pac and Biggie after almost 12 years.
Its pathetic.

Lags in the UK go to prison, spend time and they are groomed so they can be reformed.
70% of em don't go back to jail. . . . .
The number of prisoners in the whole UK is less than 100,000 in a country of 60 million.
Tell us the population of prisoners in the USA despite the capital punishment most states adopt?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 03, 2008
how about transistor radios
una dey pay tax for that one too?
and road license to drive your renault down the buggy infested streets
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 12:41am On Apr 03, 2008
nwando:

And there are no rapes in the UK?
no child killers
no kidnappings
no terrorist threats?
no pick pockets
no knifers
no break ins
It's just a happy place with your free health insurance
A land where the rapists and childmolesters play "mortal combat"on their PSP
Lord have mercy!

Na American logic be this? grin We are talking of comparatively.Of course,armed robbery also exists in Nigeria as in the US but the frequency with which it happens in Nigeria is what makes Nigeria remarkable.

By the same token,there is rape and murder in the UK but no where near the scale your menfolk in the US are perpetuating. Its a tragedy that is unrivaled in any Western country.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 12:43am On Apr 03, 2008
nwando:

How else do they get AD-free "quality programming"?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by chiogo(f): 12:43am On Apr 03, 2008
The Jackal:

OmG, is that hilarious or what?? Same thin' as HBO, which has like 10 different ones, shows classic movies. No commercials either, u pay duh!!!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 03, 2008
The Jackal:

@ nwando,

Of course, we have criminals here.
However, the statistics here are low compared to the state of NY alone.
Blimey. . . . . Y'all americans are still yet to solve the death of 2pac and Biggie after almost 12 years.
Its pathetic.

Lags in the UK go to prison, spend time and they are groomed so they can be reformed.
70% of em don't go back to
jail. . . . .
The number of prisoners in the whole UK is less than 100,000 in a country of 60 million.
Tell us the population of prisoners in the USA despite the capital punishment most states adopt?

give me your source
This whole stats is beginning to sound like a fairy tale.
Of course your prisoners are few
are they going to be piled up one man 0n top of another.
Most of them walk around freely amongst you all
all they need to do is wear a ninja outfit and they fit right in with the rest of soceity
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 12:48am On Apr 03, 2008
nwando:

TV License is only about $260 per year or what ever the conversion rate in that your sinking currency,so no big deal.We get value for money and most want it to stay.Incidentally,when you enjoy programmes like The Office or listen to the BBC World Sevice(even Hausa service dey),you know you are getting value for money grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 03, 2008
chiogo:

OmG, is that hilarious or what?? Same thin' as HBO, which has like 10 different ones, shows classic movies. No commercials either, u pay duh!!!
thank you my sis. . .some of them have never heard about HBO and On Demand grin

eldeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, am waiting o
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by eldee(m): 12:50am On Apr 03, 2008
so is there anywhere in my post that suggested that all the 30% are illegal immigrants?
no, now that u're blaming illegal immigrants for more than half of the population not having passports.
if at possible maxium only thirty percent are not inborn, what have 'illegals' done to deserve the blame of the whole nation of unexposed bingo-players grin grin

We have them here and they are called PBS
erm, do they show big events like the Brit Awards and FA Cup matches?
You don't gerrit, we watch 'The Apprentice' on BBC uncut cheesy
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

Na American logic be this? grin We are talking of comparatively.Of course,armed robbery also exists in Nigeria as in the US but the frequency with which it happens in Nigeria is what makes Nigeria remarkable.

By the same token,there is rape and murder in the UK but no where near the scale your menfolk in the US are perpetuating. Its a tragedy that is unrivaled in any Western country.

America has good measures of gathering statistics
Show me valid stats of rapes in the UK
I can assure you neither myself nor morenike nor reloaded have been held at gun point and or raped.
The "safe" neighbourhoods in America out number the ghettos by a wide margin so it's not as though we're dodging bullets in our homes as they feed you guys over there to take your minds off the miserable life of penury grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25)

Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? / Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. / UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.