Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

United States Of America Vs United Kingdom - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom (41662 Views)

Poll: Which country would you rather live in, given the choice?

The United States?: 62% (110 votes)
The United Kingdom?: 37% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Lady Narrates Experience Shopping For Peppers In United Kingdom / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom!!! Your Thoughts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

Make I go sleep jare.See them,only thieving Yanks will be awake when the rest of the world is sleeping grin

Hoping the immigration doesn't knock on ya door tonite.
abeg sleep with one eye
I hear they show up around 3AM grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 1:21am On Apr 03, 2008
morenike09:

Oluwa o!! it's called time zone. olodo

Na Time Zones for a thieving people.America's f GangBanging Malingerer's Time(GMT) grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:23am On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

Na Time Zones for a thieving people.America's f GangBanging Malingerer's Time(GMT) grin
same time zones that makes your nights come earlier than ours so you can go thieving before us. .
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 1:24am On Apr 03, 2008
4Him:

How can the average briton know that? grin grin

Chai,Yanks are too slow to recognise tongue in cheek comments.Abi,una dial-up internet dey slow don una reasoning too? grin

nwando:

Hoping the immigration doesn't knock on ya door tonight.
abeg sleep with one eye
I hear they show up around 3AM grin

No be Immigration chase you go US? grin The UK is too small to hide,na why una dey flee to America. No worry,I dey in the UK by the mercy of Baba Dibia,I can never be caught in Jesus name! grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 1:24am On Apr 03, 2008
@ nwando,

Whats the speed of your broadband internet? grin grin grin
It seems u cannot keep up with the discussion.
We are just too smart over here. . . .  .an average Brit knows the pound is 2 dollars so conversion is very easy!!!!!!!

@ 4 play,

Dont mind the thieving yanks. . . . .half of em are browsing from their schools pretending to be browsing from home.
D-reloaded's dial-up is developing hiccups, Almondjoy's connection has been suspended.
Nwando just had his minutes added by t-mobile so he can flex muscles.

I am hitting the sack now. . . . .Can't wait to catch y'all YANKS 2mrw.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 03, 2008
4Him:

How can the average briton know that? grin grin

mention "free health care" they'll bring out their hands waiting to receive lollipops at 40% tax.
Poor things
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 03, 2008
nwando:

mention "free health care" they'll bring out their hands waiting to receive lollipops at 40% tax.
Poor things
nwando, you're funny o. . lmao grin grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 03, 2008
The Jackal:

@ nwando,

Whats the speed of your broadband internet? grin grin grin
It seems u cannot keep up with the discussion.
We are just too smart over here. . . .  .an average Brit knows the pound is 2 dollars so conversion is very easy!!!!!!!

@ 4 play,

Dont mind the thieving yanks. . . . .half of em are browsing from their schools pretending to be browsing from home.
D-reloaded's dial-up is developing hiccups, Almondjoy's connection has been suspended.
Nwando just had his minutes added by t-mobile so he can flex muscles.

LOL
how una no go know
Isn't that your claim to fame even though the money can't feed you properly.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 03, 2008
This is by far the most fun I've had on nairaland
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 03, 2008
@Jackal. . .that's one thing. .
am not browsing from school, but even if i was, it'll be free. . .free tuition, free cables, free net. . freeeeeeeeeee. .it's called American College/ scholarship grin grin. .
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 03, 2008
Jackal no mind us.
We have everything big.
big houses,big cars,big women grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by eldee(m): 1:30am On Apr 03, 2008
because they're from different countries. . .as to the illegal  immigrants we were discussing, they can speak 2 or more languages. reason why Americans that are from here(those whose ancestors immigrated from Europe in the 1600s) knows only English because that's what they know, their fore fathers are from your wretched Europe
yeah right, like u's lot don't have a wider cuture spectrum than the UK.
There you go again blaming the Victorian era for the poor American educational system.

Na wa. . . I can speak 2 languages too. what's d difference?/
Oi, i'm not talking bout Yoruba and pidgin ooh cheesy tongue tongue
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 1:32am On Apr 03, 2008
@ nwando,

Dont be so fickle.
The 40% tax only applies to people earning more than 35K pounds a month.
Anything less than 35k pounds attract 22% tax which is very manageable.

Without a doubt, u have got everything big.
Big houses, big cars, big women, BIG PROBLEMS and HUGE suffering index.
It's pathetic

MA ADVICE: Move to the UK now. tongue tongue tongue
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 03, 2008
morenike09:

@Jackal. . .that's one thing. .
am not browsing from school, but even if i was, it'll be free. . .free tuition, free cables, free net. . freeeeeeeeeee. .it's called American College/ scholarship grin grin. .

Even if you have to borrow to go to school,you can afford to repay it instalmentally because you'll have a job.
Free like they boast of in Britain comes with a price but they're too blind to even see it
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 1:33am On Apr 03, 2008
@Jackal

Mention broadband and Yanks will think its a music band grin Nwando na woman o,unless she has embarked on a sex change operation at one of those Community Health centres.Community health centres,damn,the name sounds like one of those village clinics back home.

No wonder they don't live long(Yanks live shorter lives than Europeans and even people in poor places like the Caribbean and Cuba)They haven't heard the maxim-prevention is better than cure.Keep charging people money at the point of use for healthcare and many poor people will be deterred from using it.

Keep living on loans from the rest of the world.You owe $9 trillion and Bush will be borrowing to top it up to $10trillion.One day we will come for our money.

I dey go sleep,make these thieving Yanks dey waka about like criminals out to rob humanity.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 1:38am On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

Keep living on loans from the rest of the world.You owe $9 trillion and Bush will be borrowing to top it up to $10trillion.One day we will come for our money.

After u'll start crying that the US shld take u to the moon. Come for ur money now . . .
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:44am On Apr 03, 2008
@4Play, why are you keep signing on and off. . your thieving time is over, plz go and sleep. . angry

eldee:

yeah right, like u's lot don't have a wider cuture spectrum than the UK.
There you go again blaming the Victorian era for the poor American educational system.

am not blaming them. . .but is it not true? if you're from Nigeria and you migrated to an uninhabited region, where are you suppose to learn another language? anywayz, that's why we have foreign language classes, thanks very much, aburo mi tongue
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 1:46am On Apr 03, 2008
@ 4Him,

Did y'all really go to the moon?
Intel says those pictures of Louis Armstrong and American flag was done at the Universal Studios in Hollywood. tongue
You pathetic liars!!!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:52am On Apr 03, 2008
check out this conversation from a blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestaC
I have an opportunity to relocate to London (UK) from Seattle. I'm having a hard time finding any cost of living calculators or comparisons that will tell me how much I'd need to make in London to have same lifestyle as in Seattle. For example, if I make $100K per yr in Seattle, what do i need to make in London?
THanks!

and the response

This one caught my attention since I made the Seattle to London move myself, albeit in 1997.

All I can say it was shocking then, so if you're considering a move these days, fasten your seatbelts!

But seriously, it's not what you make but what you expect to get for it. I have friends who work for £70K+, less bonus, and still can't get out of the rental trap. They do OK otherwise, but there's no hope to afford anything more than a broomcloset or converted public loo.

Be advised before you move.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:54am On Apr 03, 2008
That's Britain for you
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by eldee(m): 2:01am On Apr 03, 2008
that's why we have foreign language classes
Good, now help me tell Uncle Obama and Debosky  that in the UK, 'God bless the Queen', right from primary schools children are trained to be proficient in major 'world -economy-moving' languages.
Another reason to raise my kids in the UK. Oh, did I forget to tell you that from 16, they'll get paid for going to school grin grin
nna, life is good oh grin grin

but there's no hope to afford anything more than a broomcloset or converted public loo
It's no secret that property prices in London are high, but what do you expect in the meetingpoint of Europe
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by akins4(m): 2:01am On Apr 03, 2008
well to me; america is the best place to be,  america will make you what you want to be in life,  for each and every

succes you achieve in america, you'll be rewarded for it,  and they'll never kill you with taxes or sumtin unlike united

kingdom,  which can afford to empty your bank account to pay taxes,

to be frank with you, uk is a crazy place to live,  and  in the aspect of beauty, you can't compare united states with uk,

what else do you want to argue about again?

let me knw then i make you realize that america is the best place to live,
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 2:09am On Apr 03, 2008
@ nwando,

U cannot blame the Brits. . . . . They love their history and they cherish their tradition.
Even in these days of metric measurement, Brits still use miles, lbs(weight) and other archaic stuffs.
Besides, they didn't really suffer much damage during the WORLD WAR II that could have prompted em to rebuild.
This is why places like Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin all look beaurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriful!!!!!

Majority of the houses u see in London were built in 1900 . . . Mine was built in 1903. grin grin grin
If u wanna see what London woulda looked like, go to Canary wharf areas.
Bearing this in mind, u cannot really say London is inferior to the USA just because of their old architectural tastes.
Blimey. . . .we still drive right hand cars . . . . That should tell u how this peops hold on to their tradition.
BUT. . . . . I still love the UK wink
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 03, 2008
eldee:

Good, now help me tell Uncle Obama and Debosky that in the UK, 'God bless the Queen', right from primary schools children are trained to be proficient in major 'world -economy-moving' languages.
Another reason to raise my kids in the UK. Oh, did I forget to tell you that from 16, they'll get paid for going to school grin grin
nna, life is good oh grin grin
It's no secret that property prices in London are high, but what do you expect in the meeting point of Europe

who said the US kids are not being taught to be proficient in foreign languages? starting from middle school unti lthey finish college. it's a required course.
so eldee, how much have you gotten paid? undecided am thinking they pay us back in a form called tax returns. . .
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:12am On Apr 03, 2008
omo, let me go an take my night bath, will be right back in a half hour or more grin

stinking britons grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by akins4(m): 2:18am On Apr 03, 2008
morenike09:

omo, let me go an take my night bath, will be right back in a half hour or more grin

stinking britons grin

girl dats rude, even if you are older than everybody on this website; you should try to give a lil bit of respect,

it dosent concern me because im not from the uk but it does because those people you are refering to are all our brothers and sisters,

i never meant to be rude to you, its just a piece of advice, and dont tell me its a joke, because rude is rude, there no joking rudeness
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:20am On Apr 03, 2008
eya, abeg, rude is rude, i know that. . .plz start from the begining b4 branding someone rude. . .i was not joking, yet i am not taking it seriously. you're the only one the crabs bit. . . undecided calm your ass down, fellow nler. .
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:20am On Apr 03, 2008
The Jackal:

@ nwando,

You cannot blame the Brits. . . . . They love their history and they cherish their tradition.
Even in these days of metric measurement, Brits still use miles, lbs(weight) and other archaic stuffs.
Besides, they didn't really suffer much damage during the WORLD WAR II that could have prompted em to rebuild.
This is why places like Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin all look beaurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriful!!!!!

Majority of the houses u see in London were built in 1900 . . . Mine was built in 1903. grin grin grin
If u want to see what London woulda looked like, go to Canary wharf areas.
Bearing this in mind, u cannot really say London is inferior to the USA just because of their old architectural tastes.
Blimey. . . .we still drive right hand cars . . . . That should tell u how this peops hold on to their tradition.
BUT. . . . . I still love the UK wink

Tradition my unpedicured hammertoes
am I going to eat tradition.
You live in a 1903 house
God bless you and your lead pipes grin

We're talking Britain and you're talking Paris and Amsterdam
pounds and miles are still the norm here but is it something to boast about when we spend time to keep them off our bakassi grin

shouldn't you be sleeping on your vono bed by now ?

1 Like

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:23am On Apr 03, 2008
eldeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. . i want to know how much you've gotten paid o. . .so i can ehrrrrm. . .ehrmmm. , make plans you know. . .so how rich are you? grin grin grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 2:24am On Apr 03, 2008
well that has been an entertaining read. tongue

osisi you try grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by eldee(m): 2:27am On Apr 03, 2008
who said the US kids are not being taught to be proficient in foreign languages?
Yeah they're being taught, the problem is do they learn?
How many kids in the US even write English?
The educational system in America is sumn even Ghana won't be proud of, and don't act like you don't know that.

eldeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. . i want to know how much you've gotten paid o. . .so i can ehrrrrm. . .ehrmmm. ,  make plans you know. . .so how rich are you?
jo fimile jare, can't you go ask ib, or where do u think she got money to break and get new ipods every week? cheesy

stinking britons
kon sejo eh, it's my fault for staying on nland till 2am cheesy
abeg the duvet calls jare cheesy
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:32am On Apr 03, 2008
eldee:

Yeah they're being taught, the problem is do they learn?
How many kids in the US even write English?
The educational system in America is sumn even Ghana won't be proud of, and don't act like you don't know that.

jo fimile jare, can't you go ask ib, or where do u think she got money to break and get new ipods every week? cheesy
kon sejo eh, it's my fault for staying on nland till 2am cheesy
abeg the duvet calls jare cheesy

I hope you have enough "recharge cards" to heat your dwelling place  before you turn to stockfish by the crack of dawn grin
no amount of duveying can save you tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25)

Idanre Town - A Scenic Treasure In The Mountains. / Man Wanted To Pay For His Transport Fare With Bank Transfer / UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.