Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:53 AM

United States Of America Vs United Kingdom - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom (41746 Views)

Poll: Which country would you rather live in, given the choice?

The United States?: 62% (110 votes)
The United Kingdom?: 37% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Lady Narrates Experience Shopping For Peppers In United Kingdom / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom!!! Your Thoughts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 03, 2008
eldee:

Yeah they're being taught, the problem is do they learn?
How many kids in the US even write English?
The educational system in America is sumn even Ghana won't be proud of, and don't act like you don't know that.

seems to me you know more about the education system in USA. , is that what they're teaching you in school? how bad it'll be? can you speak for every american students? or for every UK students?

yes, american education system is not that good , it depends on each person (well, each person accounts for the nation, true that), but yet, enough students are graduating to stabilize our economy. . .like i said before no matter how much debts we're in, we'll always get out. . .that's why we're able to provide for the whole world. if the US panics, there goes another world depression. . .
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:43am On Apr 03, 2008
They keep shouting the system is bad yet Britons,born and bred in Britain are migrating here in droves for greener pastures.
The Smiths are Livingstons,all over the place.
I wonder why they fled and are fleeing.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:44am On Apr 03, 2008
bath time. . .eldee. . .you berra be rich o. . am already planning sef. . .let's make the date next week jare!!

Nairaland come see o. , i got myself a fine, rich, did i forget to mention RICH!! boy here kiss kiss grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:45am On Apr 03, 2008
D-reloaded:

well that has been an entertaining read. tongue

osisi you try grin

It was fun
we shall continue tomorrow.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:47am On Apr 03, 2008
morenike09:

bath time. . .eldee. . .you berra be rich o. . am already planning sef. . .let's make the date next week jare!!

Nairaland come see o. , i got myself a fine, rich, did i forget to mention RICH!! boy here kiss kiss grin

Please don't say
Can he afford the bride price?
Unless if your parents will accept payments in fish and chips
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by bawomolo(m): 2:51am On Apr 03, 2008
there are higher taxes in britain too.   even david beckham had to run with his beautiful wife to get PAID big.  america would like to thx the brits for Mel B(well besides eddie murphy) and a host of other crossover stars.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:54am On Apr 03, 2008
british actors and actresses are falling over themselves to make a name in hollywood.
why is it,if Britain is that good
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by bawomolo(m): 3:02am On Apr 03, 2008
oh wait, they have bad stinking teeth too

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/thehealthnews.html?in_article_id=508741&in_page_id=1797

the price of gas in the UK is atrocious too. why would u want to live in this hell hole.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuel/
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 3:09am On Apr 03, 2008
See Im confused about that

why is it that even with their free this and that, their oral hygiene is still atrocious? I dont understand
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 3:16am On Apr 03, 2008
you have to wait years to see the free dentist
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 3:36am On Apr 03, 2008
nwando:

british actors and actresses are falling over themselves to make a name in hollywood.
why is it,if Britain is that good

why why why? let them brits come and answer o. . .
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 3:37am On Apr 03, 2008
why is it that most of the shows made in USA goes international. . .? yet we barely see shows from UK here? grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by bawomolo(m): 3:50am On Apr 03, 2008
with their accent and lousy sense of humor, there is a reason UK shows stay in the UK. only PBS televises their shows. we can only handle one simon cowell at a time grin grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 3:53am On Apr 03, 2008
OMG!!! their accent kills me. . .anytime I'm watching a British documentary, man, i gotz to replay it atleast 10 times to understand what the hell is going on cry cry. it's like they're talking with coals in their mouth
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by naijaking1: 4:00am On Apr 03, 2008
nwando:

They keep shouting the system is bad yet Britons,born and bred in Britain are migrating here in droves for greener pastures.
The Smiths are Livingstons,all over the place.
I wonder why they fled and are fleeing.

I agree 100%.

Do you know how many nurses and doctors from UK I know here in US who don't want to return to home.

Instead they're looking to marry for green card?

Even our fellow naija people in UK want a chance in US.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by debosky(m): 4:08am On Apr 03, 2008
the UK is an overcrowded island so people will always migrate out from it. . .a good chunk of the US folks came from there.

Secondly some of these comparisons no dey make sense - Uk has ~60million people while the US has 300million

Its like comparing Ghana to Nigeria in population and saying naija is better because of more nollywood movies. grin

but the oral hygiene thing is easy to explain - water is virtually non-existent so no one bothers to brush teeth, unless you use beer grin grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 4:24am On Apr 03, 2008
lol
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by doyin13(m): 4:44am On Apr 03, 2008
Many of you seem to be juxtaposing London for the United Kingdom.

There is more to the Uk than London.

If you really want a taste of British Life then I suggest you go far far from the expensive and overcrowded southeast

Counties like Suffolk, Lincolnshire and Cumbria offer more of what is unique to Britain.

Besides wetin man go see for London wey e no go see worse pass am for New York.

And una wey dey curse our health service, I bet 'John Q' wished he had the option.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 5:00am On Apr 03, 2008
doyin, you came late. . .am bored already. . .maybe tomorow i'll be up for more gibberish from you guys. . **yawn** man, your kind are asleep by now, do the same. . .buhbye
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by aloib(f): 5:02am On Apr 03, 2008
doyin :hugs: wassup, long time :p
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Needlelady(f): 5:18am On Apr 03, 2008
who's comparing US with low profile UK that is almost a  2nd world country?

Is it the hard water that runs from their taps,
        their expensive payg cell phones,
             the abundance of only security jobs for immigrants or
                  the tiny old fashioned huts the call houses?

Gas prices may be over $3/girl in the US, you don't want to hear the price in the UK and that's why all they drive is a KIA RIO(for those that have struggled 30 yrs in UK and secured a professional job),
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by danity: 5:18am On Apr 03, 2008
I'll come back here tomorrow. I tire for una
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by almondjoy(f): 6:25am On Apr 03, 2008
he he he he he he he! Thank God I ran away when I did. This thread don turn to something else! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Infact, let me go and read from the beginning while I have my lunch break at work!

he he he! cheesy cheesy cheesy

By the look of things, I think those UK people are better off dead! cheesy
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by PLC1: 7:59am On Apr 03, 2008
Let me think first before I yarn

D-reloaded is in US
LadyT is in US

Busta is in UK
Doyin is in UK
Who again?

Don't go there, they are the same - they lack training.

Come to Sweden that's the best among the three.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by eldee(m): 8:30am On Apr 03, 2008
See all these Yanks ooh, typing off their dial-up computers because of their timezones.
na wa, all these f**kries in 4 hours.

Do you know how many nurses and doctors from UK I know here in US who don't want to return to home.

Instead they're looking to marry for green card?
Abeg stop selling guguru for us jare, the amount of Americans fleeing the US is highly alarming, the bad thing is that they're running to our 'island'
And don't even talk bout medical staff, the average GP(not surgeon oo) here earns over £100k. That's just for talking to patients 8hrs a day and not working on weekends cheesy
George Bush earns £200000
Why do u think Americans are forcing their way through med school?

Immigrants By Countries
Republic of Ireland: 494,850
India: 466,416
Pakistan: 320,767
Germany: 262,276
Caribbean: 254,740
USA: 155,030
Bangladesh: 154,201
South Africa: 140,201
Kenya: 129,356
Italy: 107,002

Please tell me what they're running from, or is it 'The Man' they're scared of? wink
Just see the list, the only developed countries that high are our next door neigbours. Americans are fighting tooth and nail for our pali.
Can't blame them anywayz, who no like better thing. grin

with their accent and lousy sense of humor, there is a reason UK shows stay in the UK.  only PBS televises their shows.   we can only handle one simon cowell at a time
You see, that's the difference between the average brit and the average american
The Brit prefers to crack a joke, the american would rather be the joke
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by almondjoy(f): 8:30am On Apr 03, 2008

nwando
USA - God's own country

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom
« #31 on: Yesterday at 01:16:21 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Almond I support you well well for this one
UK people na so so miserly miserly
nickle and diming everything.
Some even use coins for heating their flats.
Your host runs out of queen eliza coins,you freeze to death.
I no fit live there again
Tufiakwa!!

Many of them with their homes turn their homes into dormitories
renting out rooms in their homes to total strangers responding to their ads on Paki stores.
You could be sleeping next door to Jeffrey Dahmer and using the same loo.

How about the size of the rooms ?
If you're bigger than Paris Hilton,your left leg may be in the toilet while the right is on your bed

he he he he he he! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin  A beg oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!  That reminds me.  I had to bring this up since I decided to go read this classic thread from the beginning again.  When I visited some time back, I stayed with a couple in some part of London ghetto and in the middle of the night. . .the landlord just used his key to open the door and camped out in the living area.  He said he had fought with his wife and had to get away from the house for a while.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  This man just slept next to me on the floor and farted and snored the hell out of me. . . .begin tell me "sorry, maite"!  All he did was scratch himself all night. When he threw the first bomb smelling of rotten boiled eggs, I just got up and sat on the couch watching this man with all his flaky dandruff and filty unshaven stubs of coarse beard.  I did not understand if it was a pass "UK" style or what? angry  In the morning, he left, after defecating all over the toilet.  Even after flushing, he left tell tale signs of his activites around the commode.  I was so irritated. . . I made alternative plans and left the next day.  I could not dream of using the same bathroom as this "Philistine"! 

Of course those Londerners did not see anything wrong for the cheap rent they were paying.  I forget the name of that neighbourhood.

Gosh!  How vile! You can never experience such a thing in the most run down apartment in the US!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2008
@nwando

This your American logic na wa sef.From Seattle to London?Why not do one on moving from Middlesboro to New York,compare the living costs.What is it about Yanks and ignorance? grin She probably thinks London is a synonym for Britain .

You will see someone living in New York telling you they don't have big houses in the UK. . . .maybe when they were last here,their visa restricted them to the Greater London Area

And all these ignorant people claiming the UK doesn't produce TV shows.Many of the US shows you watch are UK franchises whether its Who Wants To Be A Millionaire or The Office.It reminds me of one girl back in Nigeria who thought that the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire she watches originated in Nigeria.

As for those talking of dental problems,lets face the reality that under the wonderful health system in the US,life expectancy is one of the lowest in the Western world.I guess the Americans want to die earlier with their shiny teeth.What is the point of a full set of dentition on a corpse?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 03, 2008
oh yeah, i just thought of something that the UK has over the US and that is: with a british passport u can go to more countries without a VISA. An america passport as far as i am aware falls short in that aspect
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by almondjoy(f): 8:43am On Apr 03, 2008
Please check the polls! US all the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! cool
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 03, 2008
i know that for a fact actually. UK knock the US for here
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 8:49am On Apr 03, 2008
OMO IBO:

oh yeah, i just thought of something that the UK has over the US and that is: with a british passport u can go to more countries without a VISA. An america passport as far as i am aware falls short in that aspect

A British citizen has a right to live and work in 27 European countries from France to Italy.Paris is only an hour away from here and if you prefer to live there and come to work in London,that is your business.We are all part of the larger European Community.

What do you have to compare with Rome,Paris,Barcelona and London in the US? American passport allows you to travel without visa to Europe just as a British passport but you don't have the same rights in Europe as a Brit who is a European national.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

A British citizen has a right to live and work in 27 European countries from France to Italy.Paris is only an hour away from here and if you prefer to live there and come to work in London,that is your business.We are all part of the larger European Community.

What do you have to compare with Rome,Paris,Barcelona and London in the US? American passport allows you to travel with visa to Europe just as a British passport but you don't have the same rights in Europe as a Brit who is a European national.

thanks for shedding more light on my point. but the point i want to send home is, a british citizen or british passport holder can travel to more countries than a US citizen or US passport holder with a Visa.

well, im not comparing the US to other european countries but to be honest, i'd have one passport and have the right to travel to as many places as i like than to have one passport and to be limited to a certain extent. understand

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25)

Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? / Best Places To Visit In Akwa Ibom State .. Tourism & Travel.. Photos / Where Can #3.5m Take Me To For Masters Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.