Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? (15853 Views)

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / 6 Reasons Sunday School Is Important In Your Christian Life / What Is The Sunday School Topic For Your Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 12:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
macof:

Lol cheesy gullible u

Paul didn't know any yeshua, He served Mithra and so do all Christians

You are welcome. Pls define who you are before I begin to reply you. I know you are hooked already by the gospel of the Lord our savior! Just like Apostle Paul.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by macof(m): 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
Rexyl:

You are welcome. Pls define who you are before I begin to reply you. I know you are hooked already by the gospel of the Lord our savior! Just like Apostle Paul.
lol you live in lies and fraud.

Anyway I am Yoruba pagan
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
macof: lol you live in lies and fraud.

Anyway I am Yoruba pagan

Thank God for locating this place where the word of God in truth and pure form is taught every Sunday. Your pagan deities know the truth and the word of God, to which they are bowed to eternity. Amen

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by macof(m): 5:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
Rexyl:

Thank God for locating this place where the word of God in truth and pure form is taught every Sunday. Your pagan deities know the truth and the word of God, to which they are bowed to eternity. Amen

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
So a book tells u a Jew is Lord, that u must worship him and You just believe. your religion is purely for the low minded
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 5:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
macof:
So a book tells u a Jew is Lord, that u must worship him and You just believe. your religion is purely for the low minded

Not a book tells me that but the gospel and revelation of the word and plan of God for the hearts that care to seek Him. God knows His works, His words received by inspiration have to be documented and kept for meditation on daily basis - the word that does no harm to anyone. Because we were made lower than the angels and do not have the mental capacity to memorize all His words so we need to study Him thru the documented messages that carry the truth and the life, and thru this generations have continued to receive His grace and blessings. People are called to know God and worship Him in truth and spirit if they do hope in His salvation unlike people who are being initiated into idol worshipping and divination with some preparations which are darkness to Almighty God and pose dangers to those in that line.

And to clear you confusion. Christ is the God‘s begotten son given to the world by God Himself as the only perfect sacrifice for removal and forgiveness of sins and as the link man should follow unto everlasting life. His birth was in God‘s own way thru the Jews that God made covenant of what shall for the need of the whole world including you.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by macof(m): 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
Rexyl:

Not a book tells me that but the gospel and revelation of the word and plan of God for the hearts that care to seek Him. God knows His works, His words received by inspiration have to be documented and kept for meditation on daily basis - the word that does no harm to anyone. Because we were made lower than the angels and do not have the mental capacity to memorize all His words so we need to study Him thru the documented messages that carry the truth and the life, and thru this generations have continued to receive His grace and blessings. People are called to know God and worship Him in truth and spirit if they do hope in His salvation unlike people who are being initiated into idol worshipping and divination with some preparations which are darkness to Almighty God and pose dangers to those in that line.

And to clear you confusion. Christ is the God‘s begotten son given to the world by God Himself as the only perfect sacrifice for removal and forgiveness of sins and as the link man should follow unto everlasting life. His birth was in God‘s own way thru the Jews that God made covenant of what shall for the need of the whole world including you.

I've read enough of this rubbish.

You need to free urself from darkness and see the light.
You don't even know your religion, what an idiotic fool u are(and I mean this wit all sincerity).
1. Humans are nt created lower than angels, according to the Bible humans are the apple of God's eye. The angels are nothing but messengers.
Do you know why the devil was cast out in the first place? It was all Adam's fault.

2. Half of Your Bible is false the rest are mostly mis-understood and incomplete. I know more about your Christianity than you can imagine, I have lived it, believed it and preached it. I can make u see the light only if u open ur mind, are u ready?
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
macof:

I've read enough of this rubbish.

You need to free urself from darkness and see the light.
You don't even know your religion, what an idiotic fool u are(and I mean this wit all sincerity).
1. Humans are nt created lower than angels, according to the Bible humans are the apple of God's eye. The angels are nothing but messengers.
Do you know why the devil was cast out in the first place? It was all Adam's fault.

2. Half of Your Bible is false the rest are mostly mis-understood and incomplete. I know more about your Christianity than you can imagine, I have lived it, believed it and preached it. I can make u see the light only if u open ur mind, are u ready?

Glory be to God. Simple facts hit this man o. You miss it all, you wanted to teach what you don't know! You have just scored your first failure. Come out again and let‘s continue

And your second paragraph, a pity or a curse?
For after knowing the way and the truth you turn back to your formal state - darkness. There is no glory from falling from the grace to shame. This is a serious matter which I don't need to take lightly because you are still alive, and can still be won back to God after that great falling. After your going up and down on the earth where else have you found the grace and the word of life similar to the ones your might have known in the Bible? I had wanted to take this matter lightly but the Spirit wouldn't. Let‘s meet again for the serious discussion.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by macof(m): 10:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
Rexyl:

Glory be to God. Simple facts hit this man o. You miss it all, you wanted to teach what you don't know! You have just scored your first failure. Come out again and let‘s continue

And your second paragraph, a pity or a curse?
For after knowing the way and the truth you turn back to your formal state - darkness. There is no glory from falling from the grace to shame. This is a serious matter which I don't need to take lightly because you are still alive, and can still be won back to God after that great falling. After your going up and down on the earth where else have you found the grace and the word of life similar to the ones your might have known in the Bible? I had wanted to take this matter lightly but the Spirit wouldn't. Let‘s meet again for the serious discussion.

Like I have said u don't know anything about ur religion, you don't understand ur Bible and how can u when u are living in darkness and lies
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 2:00pm On Oct 22, 2013
macof:

Like I have said u don't know anything about ur religion, you don't understand ur Bible and how can u when u are living in darkness and lies

When you are still alive repent, get out of your backsliding and come back to God you have abandoned and Christian faith you have rejected. Because of what benefit will it be for you to gain the whole world and loose your soul in heaven. What will you use for exchange of your precious soul from hell - it is these words of life you are still rejecting. This is Christ message for you Mathew 16: 26
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by macof(m): 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
Rexyl:

When you are still alive repent, get out of your backsliding and come back to God you have abandoned and Christian faith you have rejected. Because of what benefit will it be for you to gain the whole world and loose your soul in heaven. What will you use for exchange of your precious soul from hell - it is these words of life you are still rejecting. This is Christ message for you Mathew 16: 26

No one can abandon God, u dullard neither can God abandon anyone

And who says I left christianity for material things or gaining the world? It's about identifying lies and fraud and doing wats right.

No hell, humans have nothing to fear, and my soul is right where God wants it to be.

You can shove ur Christ up ur a$$
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 9:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
macof:

No one can abandon God, u dullard neither can God abandon anyone

And who says I left christianity for material things or gaining the world? It's about identifying lies and fraud and doing wats right.

No hell, humans have nothing to fear, and my soul is right where God wants it to be.

You can shove ur Christ up ur a$$

Man stop deceiving yourself. You cannot mock God. You cannot be a pagan and still claim you are a Christian. Dou you know what the Bible says about an hypocrite like you... Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

You should have known where you belong. You still have the gace to return to God. I am sharing the truth about God's word here on Sundays but you are coming up here to oppose the truth.

An again you just came up here to say no to the established gospel of Christ. You shouldn't have come up here without a mission. What exactly is your mission? If you are not for the gospel, you better steer clear of this place. While you have nothing to contribute you are welcome here for much you can gain
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by macof(m): 10:59am On Oct 23, 2013
I can't mock God and I am nt a Christian.

There is no truth of God's word in christianity.
My mission is to let people know the truth about paganism and the lies about Abrahamic religions
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 12:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
macof: I can't mock God and I am nt a Christian.

There is no truth of God's word in christianity.
My mission is to let people know the truth about paganism and the lies about Abrahamic religions

Then create your own suitable place for people like you. Leave people of God alone for what will be of benefits to them here. The more time you spend here, the more your headache except you repent and come to God. This is another word of grace if you care read and repent. Ezekiel 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by macof(m): 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
What ethnic group do u belong?
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
macof: What ethnic group do u belong?

Nobody needs that here. I am committed to all gospel and fulfilling the master‘s mandate... go ye... and teach the word. Matthew 28: 18-20
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by macof(m): 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2013
Rexyl:

Nobody needs that here. I am committed to all gospel and fulfilling the master‘s mandate... go ye... and teach the word. Matthew 28: 18-20

I asked because u seem to detest paganism.

Do u really think paganism is evil?
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 7:18am On Oct 25, 2013
macof:

I asked because u seem to detest paganism.

Do u really think paganism is evil?

God loves a sinner but it is sin that He hates, and what is sin? It is anything against righteousness of God, and not the righteousness of law except the law embraces godliness. If I am doing God‘s work I must avoid what is against Him. You know God warns us not to have any other gods beside Him. He is the Holy one - I am that I am. Glory be unto Him.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by macof(m): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2013
Rexyl:

God loves a sinner but it is sin that He hates, and what is sin? It is anything against righteousness of God, and not the righteousness of law except the law embraces godliness. If I am doing God‘s work I must avoid what is against Him. You know God warns us not to have any other gods beside Him. He is the Holy one - I am that I am. Glory be unto Him.
Why must u follow the Israel way of worship? They worship Elohim(children of El) as one
But we Africans worship them in their true nature

Paganism is ordained by God but all these religions Islam, Judaism and christianity are man made.

Why worship in a foreign way?
wat is wrong with worshipping like ur ancestors did?
Christianity is nothing but a fraud and the biggest lie ever told.
You can only see the light if u open ur mind to the truth.

God doesn't warn u to not have any other God, he warns the Israelis(and of course this was made up by Moses)

I don't know wat ethnic group u belong but you are African- why detest the religion of ur ancestors and love a religion that is nt urs?

In the entire Bible did u come across anything concerning ur people? No
It was all Israel
you think God existed only in Israel
God loves Everyone
God is present in every nation
And it has always been that way

God is nt against paganism
In fact paganism is the way to understand God

You need to stop living a slaves life

Am nt asking u to revert to ur pagan religion but all I ask is for u to learn it, understand it and appreciate ur ancestors for the wise men that they were.

No foreign religion can be as your blood religion, the religion of ur ancestors.

Repent! Repent! and acknowledge the gods of ur ancestors
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2013
macof:
Why must u follow the Israel way of worship? They worship Elohim(children of El) as one
But we Africans worship them in their true nature

Paganism is ordained by God but all these religions Islam, Judaism and christianity are man made.

Why worship in a foreign way?
wat is wrong with worshipping like ur ancestors did?
Christianity is nothing but a fraud and the biggest lie ever told.
You can only see the light if u open ur mind to the truth.

God doesn't warn u to not have any other God, he warns the Israelis(and of course this was made up by Moses)

I don't know wat ethnic group u belong but you are African- why detest the religion of ur ancestors and love a religion that is nt urs?

In the entire Bible did u come across anything concerning ur people? No
It was all Israel
you think God existed only in Israel
God loves Everyone
God is present in every nation
And it has always been that way

God is nt against paganism
In fact paganism is the way to understand God

You need to stop living a slaves life

Am nt asking u to revert to ur pagan religion but all I ask is for u to learn it, understand it and appreciate ur ancestors for the wise men that they were.

No foreign religion can be as your blood religion, the religion of ur ancestors.

Repent! Repent! and acknowledge the gods of ur ancestors

gods your ancestors and whose spirits you invoke to lead you in your ways. Good as you know the spirit lives on but all these are creatures and not the CREATOR the Almighty God. I KNOW about God and hear about those gods. He dwells in heaven but the gods are in the going up and down of the earth. He has related with me and made himself my heavenly Father. He promises everlasting life in his kingdom for souls that will be risen by His power of resurrection for doing His will. As the creator and my loving Father nothing should compare with the joy of seeing myself connected with Him always.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by macof(m): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2013
Have u ever bothered to go to a shrine in ur village or interview elder traditionalist in order to learn about your ancestral religion?

Am sure u have not
You are just a foolish Vatican/Jewish slave who would believe a foreigner over his people.

you are a disgrace to ur bloodline and your ancestors wipe for u
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
macof: Have u ever bothered to go to a shrine in ur village or interview elder traditionalist in order to learn about your ancestral religion?

Am sure u have not
You are just a foolish Vatican/Jewish slave who would believe a foreigner over his people.

you are a disgrace to ur bloodline and your ancestors wipe for u

I know whom I believe I am serving the living God. Turn to Him and He will make you too one of His own. All you need is serving Him in truth and Spirit. He is your creator, the only one you must worship.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by macof(m): 11:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
Rexyl:

I know whom I believe I am serving the living God. Turn to Him and He will make you too one of His own. All you need is serving Him in truth and Spirit. He is your creator, the only one you must worship.
No u don't know who u are, and you don't know what u serve.

I honor the God of my ancestors "Olodumare" and he is my "eleda"(creator) and the eleda of everything including the universe.

The Europeans have almost succeeded in painting our ancestors as evil men, when the white demonizers are d real evil, spreading lies and manipulating the minds of gullible Africans like u(rexyl)

God sees all people as his children not that he sees the Israelis as his children.

God loves u and ur entire race as much as he loves the Israelis

God has been present in Africa since the beginning of mankind.

Stop being deceived to think that ur ancestors are evil or they worship demons like they lie to u in churches.

Africa is blessed by God and he created the gods which we honor for our needs, he created the gods to control and run the universe and man can be happy because of them.

Not Jesus, before Jesus even lived or before christianity came to the world, humans have lived happily and we grew in the glory of Olodumare

I pray ur Ori can be awaken from it's slumber, and help u realize that u are living another man's life and being a slave.

Ase!
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 4:34pm On Oct 27, 2013
Today’s topic is “The Consummate Redemption”. As we learned from the previous lessons: God is the Author of Redemption and Jesus is our Redeemer. Until the work of redemption is completed the world will continue in troubles as being experienced daily: Romans 8:22 says ‘for we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now’. This is because the world is yet to be redeemed and people adopted as children of God. For by hope we are saved and living as members of the family of God; people who have been redeemed by the blood of Christ.

As we live we are waiting patiently for the time when we shall be finally delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. Presently we are struggling in this imperfect life which is full of troubles and frustrations but Jesus gives us the hope and future beyond this imperfect world (John 16:33). We do not need to be troubled Jesus triumph is the key to our redemption. We are further strengthened and made to understand that the sufferings of the present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed in us (Romans 8:18). This lesson wants us to understand these aspects: Creation’s Consummate Redemption; Israel Consummate Redemption and the Believer’s Consummate Redemption

The creation consummate Redemption shows that God will restore the creation and make everything new again in the fullness of time. We are made to understand that before sin entered, the world was made to be perfect for humankind that is, a sanctuary to get connected with the perfect Creator. But when sin entered man fell and the world was devastated and distorted from God’s design. There will always be tragedies, wickedness, suffering and people will continue to experience discomfort which Bible describes as the travails of living in the fallen world (Romans 8:22-25). What we need is to come to God and trust in Him for salvation and the ultimate completion of redemption for ourselves and all creation.

God’s assurance of the future joy for His people after the renewal of His creation (Isaiah 35:1-10) took place during the time and ministry of Jesus (Matthew 11:4-5). However the complete fulfilment of the prophecy will not take place until Jesus returns and rules on the earth for a thousand years, then God will create a new earth and heaven that will be completely free from sin

Because of His enduring love and unfailing mercy God will bring to pass the Israel’s consummate redemption; He promised that He would redeem the people from their sins. God gave them His Word, His Promises and His Blessings. He set the people apart as His representatives to show the light in the fallen world. He promised to forgive the people and restore them as they return to Him through Christ. Likewise God loves everyone and wants all to come to Him through the saving knowledge of Christ.

The believer’s consummate redemption is from Christ; He is the one that overcame death for people to receive God’s gift of eternal life. Job expressed faith in a living Redeemer who would overcome death itself. He knew He would eventually die but he proclaimed that he would stand before God with a new body. Now believers in Christ should be mindful of the eternal promise that they will be changed and given new and incorruptible bodies. They will be redeemed from the curse of sin and judgement and will never again to be subject to sin, sorrow, sickness and death. Our Redeemer has risen from the grave and death; he is victorious and lives on. May God help us. Lesson texts: Romans 8:18-25; Isaiah 35:1-10; Psalm 130:7-8; 49:15; Hosea 14:1-8; Job 19:25-27 1 Corinthians 15:8-13
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
BELIEVERS ARE CALLED TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE MESSAGE OF GRACE AND SALVATION

1 Corinthians 3

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 4:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
BELIEVERS ARE CALLED TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE MESSAGE OF GRACE AND SALVATION

1 Corinthians 3

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
Today’s topic: “A wonderful Testimony”. This is about the testimony of Church that faced and survived many hardships when believers were able to base their lives on the word of God unto maturity and steadfastness in faith. By this they were able to make the Church grow and expand. Success will surely come and believers will share testimonies if they work in faith and labour in love (1 Thessalonians 1:3). The followings are important to consider in order have and share testimony of service to God’s work: Set a good example; Emulate Reputable Faith and Model perseverance.

Believers can set good example by trusting God in all difficulties. There are opposing forces against preaching truth of the word of God but when we continue in God our work of faith will survive all odds and come to stay, for the growth of the Church. Believers are expected to live their faith among all people by teaching them, loving them and praying for them. Christians are called to live for Christ, trust him, and teach others his truth, and also their faith must influence their actions. Faith and action make our service complete before God: it is by genuine faith in Christ we realize that life should be dedicated to serving and honoring God, and It is this kind of faith that brings about right relationship with God.

God wants all people to come to Him as His elected people – people predestined for eternal life. Salvation is available for all people that come to God through Christ. The Bible reveals that God calls all to be chosen, elected and predestined to receive everlasting life, but He doesn’t force us to conform to His will for our lives, (2 Peter 3:9; Revelation 22:7)

Christians are to emulate Paul’s example of believer’s faith from this lesson. They hold on to the power of the word of God which enabled them to influence people around and make them come to faith; they were engaged in discipleship and continued to invest in the lives of others. As a Christ disciple live your faith and demonstrate Christian principles for others to follow so that they too can come to God.
People come to faith by hearing, embracing and living by the word of God. Before hearing the word somebody must have taught the word. Everyone that has received the word is expected to speak it out to others: the word is profitable, and people that share the word are blessed (2 Timothy 3:6; Romans 10:15-17). As Christians read the Bible Holy Spirit shows how to follow Christ and live for God.

Christians are to live the Christ’s message they preach, and at the same time they should persevere in love. They should give their best in serving God, that is no Mather how tight the schedule might be they should find time to render a service for the good and growth of the Church: from personal business during the day to preaching/evangelism in the evening. It could be hard to do because people out there might be opposed to the gospel, but God calls us to love and persevere in love. Following Christ means facing challenges with the hope of having success and testimony to glorify God in spite of all odds. May God help us. Lesson text 1 Thessalonians 1:1 thru Chapter 2

1 Like

Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
Today’s Topic: Steadfast Faith. This lesson reveals things to take note in order to stand firmly in faith. Satan will always bring challenges such as persecution, temptation and hardships as a test of faith. In a situation like this Jesus used illustration of the parable of seed sower (Matthew 13) to show that, it is by genuine and enduring faith Christians can remain steadfast in him; people that hear the word of God must understand it and live by it to get strength for victory over all trials of Satan. In order to prepare our hearts as good ground for the word of God and build lasting faith in Him we should take note of following principles: Strength in Adversity, Comfort in Affliction and Growth in Love and Holiness.

Christians are encouraged to make their faith grow stronger when going through difficult situation. To achieve this they should visit, encourage and pray for one another. Christians are made to realize that difficulties are parts of human experiences for as long we live in a fallen and imperfect world, where forces of darkness will always wage wars against God’s kingdom. Apostle Paul encourages believers to come and fellowship together for strength and faith needed to face trials together. God doesn’t bring sorrows and troubles to us but He sometimes allows us to experience tough times to test and strengthen our faith and teach us to rely on Him (John 16:33).

Satan will always make situations tight and difficult, and make Christians think as if God has not been involved and taken care about them again, but they must keep faith in His word. He assures us that He will never abandon and forsaken us, and guide us through our dark hours. We should understand that even when situations are bad God is always good, and by having faith in Him He will care for us.

Believers will derive comfort in affliction if they choose to encourage one another and seek God in prayers. Christians should strive to provide for the spiritual and physical needs of others. Prayer is very important for divine intervention to survive odds and overcome persecution. Christians should also care about blessing and encouraging those who minister to them. They have been blessed therefore they should be prepared to bless others in return – from the leaders to the laypeople in the ministry, to show love, concern and strengthen their faith. As we do this we should remember to thank God for all His blessings and specific answers to our prayers.

Christians must grow in love and holiness: there should be increase in compassion and righteous living. Spiritual growth and renewal are signs that we are alive and doing well in Christ. Serving God involves drawing closer to Jesus and becoming more like him. Doing this makes believers to have compassion for the lost souls and teach them to be transformed to the Lord’s image. Holy Spirit changes all aspects of our lives and sets us apart to serve God and ensure that our behaviors are shaped to do God’s will as the process of sanctification continues throughout our lives. May God help us. Lesson text: 1 Thessalonians 3: 1-13
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by macof(m): 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
Lost soul

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet SEER 1 Claims He "Resurrected Dead Young Man" In South Africa. Photos / Drop Your Top Worship Songs Foreign Or Local / Foluke Adeboye Celebrates Her 68th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.