Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria (31911 Views)

Shocking Facts About Nigerian Height Of Poverty & IQ!! / Shocking Facts About Governor Oshiomole In Pictures / Ekiti Election: Shocking Facts Emerged!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by Localamos(m): 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2013
dabrake: idiot. If you follow your bible well, you will realize that from the creation of the world till date is less than 7000 years and we are talkin' bout a boat of over 8000 years. Oops, I forgot you are just a church goer.

A day is like a thousand years to God. So 7000 years could be a billion. Let's not forget that conventions were first arbitrary until we accept them to be standards.

I do hope you grasp what I'm trying to say.
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by FOLLEY20(m): 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] Actually, Nigeria is blessed by God but we lost our value through mismanagement, misappropriation & corruption. May God have mercy on us in Jesus' name.
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by deejayzee: 1:17pm On Mar 30, 2013
No 13 we av highest no of blackberry users in d world
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by nuelnuel: 1:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
This is great. Look at our own "Stonehenges" and nobody teaches us all these in school neither do students go for
excursion to these places.I believe more should be done to preserve and showcase Nigeria's heritage.
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by chemokopi: 2:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
Watch the animated teaser of the movie that will showcase these facts and many others to the world

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=UMzNjVE6aKU
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by blackbeau1(f): 2:45pm On Mar 30, 2013
We have heard. Shocking fact 13) Nigerias leaders know the forces behind Boko Haram and have refused to unearth it,preferring to sacrifice innocent souls daily.
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by ecosanders: 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2013
Check out number 4, my great King, ori e wa nbe! grin grin
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
Shocking is the wrong tern here.
You should have used AMAZING.

Photo: Jos Plateau Indigobird.

Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by ewet: 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2013
i bet evry body on NL except yourself neva knew these.so much for history in our schools,all of us can with the flip of a finger discuss in detail the americam=n declaration of independence,the 1st and 2nd worl wars,abolition of slave trade and the story of jesus-the most popular man tht ever lived but we know next to nothng abt our own history.
A nation shapes its destiny by taking into cognisance whr it is coming from.
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
very lovely info, one came from my town Ijebu Ode
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by chemokopi: 7:49pm On Mar 30, 2013
ewet: i bet evry body on NL except yourself neva knew these.so much for history in our schools,all of us can with the flip of a finger discuss in detail the americam=n declaration of independence,the 1st and 2nd worl wars,abolition of slave trade and the story of jesus-the most popular man tht ever lived but we know next to nothng abt our own history.
A nation shapes its destiny by taking into cognisance whr it is coming from.

Exactly ewet! In fact if you check the original article where this topic was excerpted from, the author Samuel Okopi even said there are 75 more facts they have discovered!

The full article is here:http://thenationonlineng.net/new/online-special/12-shocking-facts-about-nigeria/
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by Engineer96(m): 8:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
Swhat has all these listed here contributed to making Nigeria or even those places mentioned better.
Useless knowledge for useless purpose.
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by Sec5(m): 9:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
To what economic value are these acclaimed shocking facts @op
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2013
splashbaby: Na wa ooo...Wetin we don achieve with all these unique stuff? I read in one Awolowo write up that the whole of plateau state is on top an underground lake that would provide water for all the Northern states
And since when did your awolowowo become an aquatic surveyor?
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
MacLovington: .

If we were a bit more serious, we would exploit it for twin research, a great medical research tool.
na wash jare.
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by jantavanta(m): 11:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
pat4love: Great to know all this but we should also lean how to live in the present ant not in the past.

Time is transient. We need to find our past and live in our history. Our historical disconnect thwarted our post-1960 ambitions.
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by jantavanta(m): 11:12pm On Mar 30, 2013
Sec5: To what economic value are these acclaimed shocking facts @op

Economic and Technological Independence is elusive without cultural independence.

That is the difference b/w us and China.
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by jantavanta(m): 11:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
Engineer96: Swhat has all these listed here contributed to making Nigeria or even those places mentioned better.
Useless knowledge for useless purpose.

The challenge facing the engineering curriculum is the separation of the Sciences from the Arts. Textbooks praising white europeans as originators of civil engineering is daylight robbery. It affects the confidence of the larger society in our technical potentials, ensuring that we depend on Julius Berger that is unknown in Germany. Btw, in the 1400s and 1500s the King of the Germans was not yet a White Man.
https://www.nairaland.com/955076/black-african-nobility-ancient-europe/2#11899566

To avoid going off-topic, let me conclude by saying that Nigerian engineers need to excavate more of African history and less of white-centered African history that gives us conflicting Gods in white euro-arab images.
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by ghostofsparta(m): 12:18am On Mar 31, 2013
jantavanta:

The challenge facing the engineering curriculum is the separation of the Sciences from the Arts. Textbooks praising white europeans as originators of civil engineering is daylight robbery. It affects the confidence of the larger society in our technical potentials, ensuring that we depend on Julius Berger that is unknown in Germany. Btw, in the 1400s and 1500s the King of the Germans was not yet a White Man.
https://www.nairaland.com/955076/black-african-nobility-ancient-europe/2#11899566

To avoid going off-topic, let me conclude by saying that Nigerian engineers need to excavate more of African history and less of white-centered African history that gives us conflicting Gods in white euro-arab images.

Jantavanta you are somehow correct in most of your submission on Nairaland, I agree with some of your arguments in the "Black African Nobility Of Ancient Europe" thread but maybe you never knew you could buttress your hypothesis by connecting modern archaeo-anthropological findings and evidence with your otherwise suppositions. On the other hand, I know and I believe that civilization, science and technology originated by the ancient Yorubas Oduduans of Old, precisely from 'Otu-Ife' as stated in Ifa. If you can go through my past post, you will realize I am one for black pan-Africanist anything dudu-ist.
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by SenatorJames(m): 8:14am On Apr 01, 2013
Nigeria is blessed in all ramification; Culture Resources weather etc. but we fail to utilize them well
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by jantavanta(m): 8:46am On Apr 01, 2013
Obi1kenobi: ............

Another joke is the claim there was contact a millenia ago with ancient Americans. Really? With which boats and whick knowledge of bearings and sea navigation that could row thousands of miles across the Atlantic? People just absorb spurious quoted facts with no questions.

We have already absorbed a lot of spurious claims from european writers of African history.

Read "They Came Before Columbus, The African Presence in Ancient America" first published 1976 by Ivan Van Sertima.
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by jantavanta(m): 9:02am On Apr 01, 2013
ghostofsparta:

Jantavanta you are somehow correct in most of your submission on Nairaland, I agree with some of your arguments in the "Black African Nobility Of Ancient Europe" thread but maybe you never knew you could buttress your hypothesis by connecting modern archaeo-anthropological findings and evidence with your otherwise suppositions. On the other hand, I know and I believe that civilization, science and technology originated by the ancient Yorubas Oduduans of Old, precisely from 'Otu-Ife' as stated in Ifa. If you can go through my past post, you will realize I am one for black pan-Africanist anything dudu-ist.

It is good to see that modern anthropological findings
Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by jantavanta(m): 9:40am On Apr 01, 2013
ghostofsparta:

It is good to see that these modern anthropological findings are now accessible on the internet. When I tell people that Sango, the Oduduan God of Thunder and Lightning is my adopted deity, they wonder why. Thunder an Lightning are forms of electromagnetic waves, the same electromagnetic waves that are information carriers for mobile and space communications.

The Norwegians launch a satellite named "Thor", the Norse God of thunder and lightning. Are we ready to launch one and name it Shango? We would say " No, it is primitive".

My postings on the African Nobility of Ancient Europe was prompted by my observation that of European self-acclaimed experts of African History, whereas we are not expected to be in turn, experts in European History.

History is the negotiating tool that is being used to rob Africans in broad daylight. That is why their investment in National Geographic and Discovery World.

Please I would like to confirm from you, is it Ile-Ife or Otu-Ife? I originally planned to investigate Oduduan History, starting out with Wande Abimbola's books, but I had to go off to treat Ancient Egypt because it was the Asian and european back-door to the interior nucleus culture in ancient Nigeria and a lot theological obfuscations took place there.

1 Like

Re: 12 Shocking Facts About Nigeria by Venchy: 12:58am On Apr 03, 2013
ozodigboo:
The Igbo ancestors who were taken as slaves went to USA - God's own country.
The Iyoruba slaves were dumped in Brazil to procreate more slaves for the plantations - because of the high rate of twins productions.
thats why most Brazilian blacks look like Iyoruba.
Ramires - Chelsea, Anderson - Manchester United.
Ramires has tribal marks - check his profile on Google.

Very very childish, remember, no one is competing with you, you are on your own...OYO....lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Happening:thugs Allegedly Sponsored By Tinubu Attempt To Disrupt Lagos PDP Rally / You Are Fake, Disgraceful - Bishop Adeoye Slams '30 Men Of God’ / Items Distributed By Senator Akpabio At His Constituency Briefing (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.