Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1089127 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 2:56pm On May 07, 2016
Migines:
I had always wondered about the value of Thoros of myr and beric dondarion on the show... I guess it's ultimately to explain the resurrection of our "hero".... So... HBO.... You may kill them now.

Now I wished all dead can be brought back. But Jon snow is too important in this series not to be brought back I guess and besides, it will render the show useless if every dead character was brought back to life.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 3:37pm On May 07, 2016
moski5:

it is not so in d book it is known
It is known

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 4:42pm On May 07, 2016
moski5:

I see y Gbola5 was angry As loving as Jons xter is He broke his vows n dts y he was stabbed according to d laws of castle black At least its dt way in the book

He didn't break his vows...[in the show]
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 4:59pm On May 07, 2016
moski5:

I see y Gbola5 was angry As loving as Jons xter is He broke his vows n dts y he was stabbed according to d laws of castle black At least its dt way in the book
broke his vows ?
The series doesnt say so
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by newguy1(m): 5:54pm On May 07, 2016
luxanne:

This proved nothing really.

It could as well be theon, after all, father and son never say eye to eye.

Death is strictly euron's.
i said dat cus immediately he left yara it happed. Theon could not have gotten there dat fast the only logical person is yaras uncle
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by newguy1(m): 6:02pm On May 07, 2016
gj22:

He didn't break his vows...[in the show]
he broke it twice first he lay with a woman 2 he didn't not defend the wall against the wrldling but i guess been a favor xrt there will b excuse for his actions

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by wintersnow(m): 6:06pm On May 07, 2016
This series is becoming predictable..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 6:21pm On May 07, 2016
newguy1:
he broke it twice first he lay with a woman 2 he didn't not defend the wall against the wrldling but i guess been a favor xrt there will b excuse for his actions
Technically he didn't break any vow. His vows said, 'I shall not take any woman as wife', not 'I shall not lay with a woman'. The defending against widling part was for widlings that pose a threat. The ones he lead to castle blade laid down their arms.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by akanniade10(m): 6:25pm On May 07, 2016
Endy10:

Technically he didn't break any vow. His vows said, 'I shall not take any woman as wife', not 'I shall not lay with a woman'. The defending against widling part was for widlings that pose a threat. The ones he lead to castle blade laid down their arms.

Bro, a WILDLING is a WILDLING cheesy but truth is that whenever there are laws, we should also apply common sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 6:25pm On May 07, 2016
wintersnow:
Predictable? I don't think so. The show has been filled with suspense and unforseen plots. Only the book readers knew what would happen, and that was till season 5. Ask anyone of them now and I'm sure they would give u the 'I don't know' look. If you think its predictable, why not tell us what would happen in the next episode. I'm not even asking for the whole season, just the next episode...please, O three eyed raven

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by omotayos01(m): 6:36pm On May 07, 2016
surestsam:
you have to unzip it to get the .srt file. You do that with es file explorer or any other similar app..
That's process is time wasting. If u are using android, download subloader full, subtitles or subtitles downloader pro for ur subtitles. U can download all from playstore.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:05pm On May 07, 2016
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night’s Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:18pm On May 07, 2016
Jon did break his vows a couple of times, technically. But that's a central theme of the series, your vows being faced with something else. Jon is more about holding on to the spirit of the vow and the night's watch. Jon never loses sight of that. Oath's need a breaking point. Like Jaime.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Vivly(f): 7:35pm On May 07, 2016
Has anyone noticed that in both book and show, Sansa and Jon have never talked to each other.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Vivly(f): 7:42pm On May 07, 2016
Gbola5:
So tired of everyone being in love with Jon Snow, i like his character too but this is getting ridiculous. There are other things going on in the show, like the awful Dorne plots and poor Jaime, Dany, Brienne, Stannis and Sansa's butchered arcs.
Tell them. All these Jon! Jon! wouldn't have been if Ned had just told his drunk friend 'no thanks'.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:49pm On May 07, 2016
Vivly:
Has anyone noticed that in both book and show, Sansa and Jon have never talked to each other.

Yeah, all they have is memories, which is kinda sweet.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:23pm On May 07, 2016
Gmajor:
I have a feeling that no one will know that jon snow has resurrected. I see him sneaking out with ghost leaving everyone to wonder what happened to his body
The first thought on his mind would be why is he in his boxers on a slab. Sneaking away would be the last thing on his mind because he needs to ask questions.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:26pm On May 07, 2016
luxanne:

Now I wished all dead can be brought back. But Jon snow is too important in this series not to be brought back I guess and besides, it will render the show useless if every dead character was brought back to life.
Technically, only the intact dead could be brought back. Ned Stark, for example does not qualify.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 9:24pm On May 07, 2016
Vivly:
Sansa is her mother's daughter lol. Not hating Jon, but not seeing him as one of them either.
It will be nice to see her try to ask for protection grin

Meanwhile, anyone notice how the war has been caused by young Kings?
Cersei told Joffery to spare Ned. Joff didn't. The north rebelled.
Catelyn told Rob to to kill the Karstack guy that attacked a prisoner (against his orders). Rob killed him. The Karstacks rebelled against the north.

Young Princes really have no diplomatic tact. It's the reason why every government needs the wisdom of the old and the energy of the young.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by newguy1(m): 9:54pm On May 07, 2016
Endy10:

see d excuse i guess dat is what Sam said when he wanted to break his vow to .note which among the other men of the wall have done it except for the two fan favourite. N d fight against d wildlings have been for 100 yrs there is no differentiating btw ones dat posses a threat or not u see a wildling u kill him b4 he dose u
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 10:50pm On May 07, 2016
newguy1:

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Read the quote carefully, did it mention wildlings? Also, it doesn't say th he cannot have seks with anyone.

Remember in that season when he came back that maester aemon was like if th punished everyone that snuck out to have seks, there will be no one left In the nights watch?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 10:51pm On May 07, 2016
wintersnow:

Every series is predictable.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 10:54pm On May 07, 2016
Gbola5:
Jon did break his vows a couple of times, technically. But that's a central theme of the series, your vows being faced with something else. Jon is more about holding on to the spirit of the vow and the night's watch. Jon never loses sight of that. Oath's need a breaking point. Like Jaime.

He did not break his vows.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 11:00pm On May 07, 2016
newguy1:
see d excuse i guess dat is what Sam said when he wanted to break his vow to .note which among the other men of the wall have done it except for the two fan favourite. N d fight against d wildlings have been for 100 yrs there is no differentiating btw ones dat posses a threat or not u see a wildling u kill him b4 he dose u

Almost all of them have. Maester aemon said this when they wanted to hang Jon for fooking a wildling. He said that if they punished everybody who snuck out to lay with a woman, there will be no men left in the nights watch.

The nights watch protect the realms from threats and right now, the wildlings are not a threat.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 11:00pm On May 07, 2016
UjSizzle:

Sansa is her mother's daughter lol. Not hating Jon, but not seeing him as one of them either.
It will be nice to see her try to ask for protection grin

Meanwhile, anyone notice how the war has been caused by young Kings?
Cersei told Joffery to spare Ned. Joff didn't. The north rebelled.
Catelyn told Rob to to kill the Karstack guy that attacked a prisoner (against his orders). Rob killed him. The Karstacks rebelled against the north.

Young Princes really have no diplomatic tact. It's the reason why every government needs the wisdom of the old and the energy of the young.

The karstarks didn't rebel, they only deserted.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by wintersnow(m): 11:10pm On May 07, 2016
Endy10:

Predictable? I don't think so. The show has been filled with suspense and unforseen plots. Only the book readers knew what would happen, and that was till season 5. Ask anyone of them now and I'm sure they would give u the 'I don't know' look. If you think its predictable, why not tell us what would happen in the next episode. I'm not even asking for the whole season, just the next episode...please, O three eyed raven

Don't tell me u didn't know john snow wasn't gonna jez die like that
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blackjack21(m): 12:54am On May 08, 2016
Gbola5:

I enjoy where Jaime ask lady Stark when she called him dishonorable and oath breaker- "protect the king, protect the people; what if the king is Bleep*ng the people?"
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blackjack21(m): 12:57am On May 08, 2016
moski5:
that's why I always encourage those who watch d show to read d buk its way more interesting

where can I download the book?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by newguy1(m): 6:26am On May 08, 2016
gj22:

Read the quote carefully, did it mention wildlings? Also, it doesn't say th he cannot have seks with anyone.

Remember in that season when he came back that maester aemon was like if th punished everyone that snuck out to have seks, there will be no one left In the nights watch?
i yield but d favorism shown to him other might not have had it, going by what we have grown to believe about got u mess up or u weak u r gone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.