Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1088085 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
Austeenx:

How dare you mention the word 'f**k' and the great Lord Commander in the same breath? Do you want to be burnt alive at the stake or you want your head chopped off with a sword? angry angry

tongue

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ok, sorry dont unsubscribe. But i assure you all i've said has already happened at the time of the show now, whether they choose to include or not. Just continue your discussions, but if your not correct on something, someone can correct you.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bufness(m): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2015
Gbola5:
But they arent spoilers. All the things i've said are all behind the current time in the show. The warging the undying the Targs. Its not spoilers if the show producers didnt choose to include them at the same interval of which they might have been spoilers( im saying all i've said would have already happened in the show, but it didnt, so its not spoilers). I know what spoiler means. It will be a spoiler if I said who sits the throne or what happens to a certain character that hasnt been shown on screen. But since the time of it has passed on screen, its not spoilers.
its a spoiler bro,doz are still in d books nt yt in d movie
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bufness(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
Gbola5:
Ok, sorry dont unsubscribe. But i assure you all i've said has already happened at the time of the show now, whether they choose to include or not. Just continue your discussions, but if your not correct on something, someone can correct you.
wat episode of d show has it happened
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
You dont get. All i've said as happened in the show. The Dany in H o Und. happened differently in the show, but if i talk about what happened in the books its not considered a spoiler cuz its already passed that in the show, and they cant reshow it. Same as the warging i was talking about, or the Targs, or Ned's promise. They've passed the scene in the show but they didnt put it, so its not a spoiler.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bufness(m): 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
Gbola5:
You dont get. All i've said as happened in the show. The Dany in H o Und. happened differently in the show, but if i talk about what happened in the books its not considered a spoiler cuz its already passed that in the show, and they cant reshow it. Same as the warging i was talking about, or the Targs, or Ned's promise. They've passed the scene in the show but they didnt put it, so its not a spoiler.
yh....buh accordin to d movie jon z still ned starks son,u understand?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
Bawss1:

Boring ke. Just say you are not a reader.
bruh! Hw can I find a softcopy version of the book.
Tanks in advance
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
Gbola5:

Maekar I begot 4 sons Aemon and Aegon V the Unlikely included. When the first two died, the throne was to pass to Aemon, but he refused and joined the night's watch incase of people who would want to use him against his younger bro Egg(i.e Aegon V, that's why he's the unlikely). So Egg became king, begot five kids - Jaeherys, Duncan, Rhaelle, and two others. Duncan the eldest didnt want the throne, married some girl, Rhaelle was married off to a Baratheon( Robert's grandfather, thats why he had a claim) the second born died, leaving Jahaerys and another of his daughters, who Jahaerys married(They wed brother to sister to keep the line pure). Jahaerys begot Aerys II the mad king and Rhaella, they both married and begot, Rhaegar, Viserys and Danaerys. Rhaegar was married to Elia of Dorne and begot Rhaenys and Aegon, who was to be the VI, but the Mountain killed Elia and her two kids and Rhaegar died at the trident at the hands of Robert B. So at the start of the series that leaves Viserys and Dany. Although there have been longer generations, i just mentioned from Maekar, because you mentioned Aemon of the watch.
Bruh!whr can I find d books hard or softcopy?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Bawss1(m): 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
JhyMedex:
bruh! Hw can I find a softcopy version of the book.
Tanks in advance

Do you know how to use torrent sites? I'm pretty sure you can find the books there. Otherwise go to the ASOIAF thread in the literature section of this forum and drop your email address for someone to help you out. wink
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
bufness:
yh....buh accordin to d movie jon z still ned starks son,u understand?

Yeah, but its just that the parts in which the clues are hinted didnt occur, so if im giving the clues from s1-4 which is from b1-3 then i dont consider it a spoiler. This season is even starting to give the clues. Sansa and LF in the crypts at Lyanna's statue and Stannis and Selyse about Jon, it's also getting revealed in the show. And the show is starting to spoil the books so show watchers shouldnt complain.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
JhyMedex:

Bruh!whr can I find d books hard or softcopy?

My dad got them for me when he traveled. I also have the soft copy but the sizes are too large. I also have the history book-The World of Ice and Fire(the one with pics) but its also large. The only ones i have that arent large are the excerpt released chapters for Winds of Winter. If i knew you i could have sent it with bluetooth or something, but its too large for email. Sorry, maybe you should just download them. Try google.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by qloreal: 5:34am On Apr 23, 2015
Gbola5:

My dad got them for me when he traveled. I also have the soft copy but the sizes are too large. I also have the history book-The World of Ice and Fire(the one with pics) but its also large. The only ones i have that arent large are the excerpt released chapters for Winds of Winter. If i knew you i could have sent it with bluetooth or something, but its too large for email. Sorry, maybe you should just download them. Try google.
please help list the parts of the book orderly so I can download from google

For instance I've got "the world of ice and fire; now is it the starting part of the book and if it's, what part do I download next.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2015
qloreal:

For instance I've got "the world of ice and fire; now is it the starting part of the book and if it's, what part do I download next.

The world of Ice and Fire is just about the history of Planetos, you dont have to read that. The order is...
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragon....
Two more to be released later are...
The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by qloreal: 7:52am On Apr 23, 2015
Gbola5:

The world of Ice and Fire is just about the history of Planetos, you dont have to read that. The order is...
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragon....
Two more to be released later are...
The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring.
thanks a million.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:30am On Apr 23, 2015
So, 3rd episode airs on Sunday and 4th next Sunday. After waiting a year to watch season 5, I have to wait a month to watch the rest.

Who send those leakers message sef?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JUHABACH: 8:34am On Apr 23, 2015
gj22:
So, 3rd episode airs on Sunday and 4th next Sunday. After waiting a year to watch season 5, I have to wait a month to watch the rest.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 8:51am On Apr 23, 2015
@ qloreal,
"The World of Ice of Fire" is actually more like an encyclopedia to the books. I'd advice reading up to maybe Book2 or 3, before delving into TWOIAF.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 8:56am On Apr 23, 2015
gj22:

grin grin

I knew this would happen - rush and watch all 4 episodes at once, then spend a whole month waiting for episode 5. smiley Me I tried to take it jejely but i finally watched no.3 two days ago; i go watch no.4 on sunday... then I'll join the waiting crew too.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by vhickky(f): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2015
Gbola5:
I thought the man that shows up first to open the door was the kindly man, till Jaqen H'ghar filled that role, even though he had changed his face in s2. It just didnt make sense. But i hope we get some warging from her and Jon, they only show Bran warging.
Please what's warging? is it the ability to possess another animal /person's body?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 9:33am On Apr 23, 2015
vhickky:
Please what's warging? is it the ability to possess another animal /person's body?

Warging wasn't really explored that much in the show, but yes you have a fair idea what it is. Remember that fight between Jon Snow and the wildlings (was it season 2 or 3? I forget), while Bran and the Reed siblings were hiding in a nearby tower? Remember how Bran eyes turned up whites and the screen switched to Bran's direwolf suddenly jumping out and attacking the wildlings in Jon's aid.. Well, that was warging. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by qloreal: 10:03am On Apr 23, 2015
kay9:
@ qloreal,
"The World of Ice of Fire" is actually more like an encyclopedia to the books. I'd advice reading up to maybe Book2 or 3, before delving into TWOIAF.
I just got this chapters from google.
1. A game of thrones.
2.A clash of kings.
3. A storm of swords.
4. A feast for crows.
5. A dance with dragons.

You might as well help point out any chapter missing.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:23am On Apr 23, 2015
qloreal:

I just got this chapters from google.
1. A game of thrones.
2.A clash of kings.
3. A storm of swords.
4. A feast for crows.
5. A dance with dragons.

You might as well help point out any chapter missing.

That's it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:30am On Apr 23, 2015
vhickky:

Yeah. But its actually called skinchanging. A skinchanger may not be a warg, but a warg is always a skinchanger. The difference is, different animals have different effects on the skinchanger and some can be difficult to enter, a warg is a skinchanger who enters the minds of wolves and dogs. All Stark kids are wargs, its their blood of the first men, and therefore are also skinchangers.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Samunosuke(m): 10:30pm On Apr 23, 2015
Gbola5:

Yeah. But its actually called skinchanging. A skinchanger may not be a warg, but a warg is always a skinchanger. The difference is, different animals have different effects on the skinchanger and some can be difficult to enter, a warg is a skinchanger who enters the minds of wolves and dogs. All Stark kids are wargs, its their blood of the first men, and therefore are also skinchangers.

What is this one even saying sef? Don't want to get into spoilers but you are confusing yourself.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sage1000: 12:27am On Apr 24, 2015
Samunosuke:

What is this one even saying sef? Don't want to get into spoilers but you are confusing yourself.

He is correct. Skinchanging is the general term for anyone that can enter the consciousness of animals while wargs is a term used for those that can enter wolves.

The TV show just uses warging as a catch all term for all skinchangers.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 11:27am On Apr 24, 2015
sage1000:

He is correct. Skinchanging is the general term for anyone that can enter the consciousness of animals while wargs is a term used for those that can enter wolves.

The TV show just uses warging as a catch all term for all skinchangers.

You people that have read the books are confusing us abeg. Let us please stick to the show

Wargs are people who can control animals usually birds because they are good for scouting and are easier to control. Bran is like a prodigy. His abilities even go as far as warging hodor because hodor is a simpleton (simple minded). Bran is the only warg in the stark family so far.

This is what we know about wargs from the show so far. Any other talk is spoiler from the books.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bufness(m): 11:35am On Apr 24, 2015
qloreal:

wah site did u gt d world if ice nd fire pls paste d link ave bin searchin for it
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by qloreal: 11:43am On Apr 24, 2015
bufness:
wah site did u gt d world if ice nd fire pls paste d link ave bin searchin for it

I didn't really take note of the site, drop your mail lemme forward the ebook to you
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sage1000: 11:48am On Apr 24, 2015
Bran isn't the only wary on the show, Jon has been shown to do so too.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 11:49am On Apr 24, 2015
Bawss1:

Do you know how to use torrent sites? I'm pretty sure you can find the books there. Otherwise go to the ASOIAF thread in the literature section of this forum and drop your email address for someone to help you out. wink
tanx 4 d aid bruh
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 11:50am On Apr 24, 2015
qloreal:

I didn't really take note of the site, drop your mail lemme forward the ebook to you
me 2 bruh....
Stuffyjb@yahoo.com
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 11:51am On Apr 24, 2015
Gbola5:

kk..... Gratias...
Share it with me on watsapp.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.