Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? (23789 Views)

How Did Tinubu End Up Owning Lagos State House, Marina? / Did Tinubu Deployed LASTMA Officials To Adamawa For GMB Campaign (pics)? / Fashola Performed Better Than I Did – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by jmaine: 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Its all propaganda to alleviate the pains of DEFEAT. QED.

Nothing else
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by politician(m): 8:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
Tinubu saw the lacuna in the power-grabbing structure of Nigeria and explored it!!

1)By retiring the old horses in AG/AD, he paved way for young folks to come to mainstream politics in SW...even obasanjo said it while presenting Gbenga Daniel vs osoba.

2) You can't lead a rebellion and still partake in governance...he understands this rule, hence the godfather mantra..if tinubu should contest for any elective post, he is done for...

3)the principle of meritocracy as against democracy in party candidature is also his strong point.. forget the sharing of rice every week oooo, ACN is the party that gives you a chance based on competency and loyalty..no room for gerontocrats

i remember caravan telling elders in oyo at Drovans that ...... only dogs of this age can chase rabbits of this age...

aye wetie ti lo ooooo.. aye awon omowe ni a wa!!

hence present your sons and daughters that are educated..

And can hardly presents candidates without in-built back up plan, once u don't remit, no second term.

Tinbu matches pdp money for money, thug for thug and rigging for rigging..

he clearly marks his territory and makes his subjects believes that their view thus count..

like DK said, better candidate who has proven their mettle and thus always deliver...bobo fash and now..jimmy boy (yes jimi agbaje, forget all dos banire noise, the blueprint is on already).

finally, jagaban told ganiyu Solomon to forget minority leader and the former governor of benue was given the post to strengthen ACN in north central...that's how he operates..

and he knows his limit, and never forget the streets where majority of the votes come from...

hence he loves slogans...

Jeun soke!!! chop up..

eni to ba bawa jeun soke, a jeun sapo...
if u follow us chop up, u go chop for pocket..
grin

Gba won sonu!!!
pinrin ko si oshi, ara won no oshi wa..

sloganeering for the streets, educated candidates for the elites..
rough politics for the opponents... recipe of a good opposition leader..

7 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by OurYansh: 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
emiye:

You mean individuals like Fashola(SAN), Oshiomole, Ajimobi, Akeredolu(SAN). Aregbesola are relative nonenties with low self esteem?
You are talking balderdash ! May be you are referring to Obasanjo or Adedibu.

Abeg leave Afam alone, dude isn't too endowed upstairs..

How can you use the terms nonentity and low self-esteem and claim you mean bla bla bla.. Even kids in SS1 and 2 know the right context in which to use those terms.

4 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2013
Our Yansh:

Abeg leave Afam alone, dude isn't too endowed upstairs..

How can you use the terms nonentity and low self-esteem and claim you mean bla bla bla.. Even kids in SS1 and 2 know the right context in which to use those terms.

So I am not the only one with a shallow mind incapable of undertanding Afam's deep post? That is sweet comfort grin

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Akanbiedu(m): 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
politician: Tinubu saw the lacuna in the power-grabbing structure of Nigeria and explored it!!

1)By retiring the old horses in AG/AD, he paved way for young folks to come to mainstream politics in SW...even obasanjo said it while presenting Gbenga Daniel vs osoba.

2) You can't lead a rebellion and still partake in governance...he understands this rule, hence the godfather mantra..if tinubu should contest for any elective post, he is done for...

3)the principle of meritocracy as against democracy in party candidature is also his strong point.. forget the sharing of rice every week oooo, ACN is the party that gives you a chance based on competency and loyalty..no room for gerontocrats

i remember caravan telling elders in oyo at Drovans that ...... only dogs of this age can chase rabbits of this age...

aye wetie ti lo ooooo.. aye awon omowe ni a wa!!

hence present your sons and daughters that are educated..

And can hardly presents candidates without in-built back up plan, once u don't remit, no second term.

Tinbu matches pdp money for money, thug for thug and rigging for rigging..

he clearly marks his territory and makes his subjects believes that their view thus count..

like DK said, better candidate who has proven their mettle and thus always deliver...bobo fash and now..jimmy boy (yes jimi agbaje, forget all dos banire noise, the blueprint is on already).

finally, jagaban told ganiyu Solomon to forget minority leader and the former governor of benue was given the post to strengthen ACN in north central...that's how he operates..

and he knows his limit, and never forget the streets where majority of the votes come from...

hence he loves slogans...

Jeun soke!!! chop up..

eni to ba bawa jeun soke, a jeun sapo...
if u follow us chop up, u go chop for pocket..
grin

Gba won sonu!!!
pinrin ko si oshi, ara won no oshi wa..

sloganeering for the streets, educated candidates for the elites..
rough politics for the opponents... recipe of a good opposition leader..

Concluded. thumb up man.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by AjCityOne: 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2013
I be Tinubu Loyalist, supporter, die hard fan, slave to his ideas and vision. You guys are just jealous because he is so powerful and your killler political party (PDP) can't seem to touch him. If are an individual that cherish success in all ramification, you can't help but admire this man called Tinubu. "Strong man is the one who is able to intercept at will the communication between the senses and the mind"
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Sweetlemon(f): 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2013
Me, I don't know if Tinubu "sold" SW votes to Jonathan. All I know is that for Jonathan to send a jet to pick Tinubu up shows a lot about how influential Tinubu is.
Please ehow many other Nigerians do we know of who can boast of this privilege?
How many politicians can look into OBJ's eyes and tell him to go to hell??
Haba! Give it to the man abeg!
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Afam4eva(m): 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
emiye:

You mean individuals like Fashola(SAN), Oshiomole, Ajimobi, Akeredolu(SAN). Aregbesola are relative nonenties with low self esteem?
You are talking balderdash ! May be you are referring to Obasanjo or Adedibu.

naijababe:

So I am not the only one with a shallow mind incapable of undertanding Afam's deep post? That is sweet comfort grin

Let me engage you guys...

Apart from Oshiomole, the governors in ACN were relative nonentities before they emerged as the governor of their respective states. Most of had little or not political clout before been picked by Tinubu to tule their states, so they owe him that much. Let Tinubu try and field a popular candidate like Jimi Agbaje and see what happens to his relevance. The only way Tinubu can remain relevant is to field people with no political relevance and make them indebted to him.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by topazjosh(m): 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Tinubu appears "powerful" only in certain people's imagination. He's only enjoying the status of being the ONLY former governor in ACN at the moment. When more former governors emerge and as new generation of ACN governors emerge in ACN, Tinubu's imaginary powers will fade away.

However, one thing is not in doubt. Tinubu has used his position as the face of the opposition to build an empire of wealth for HIMSELF, perhaps in anticipation of when his political influence will wane.

OBJ lost out in his battle with Tinubu for the soul of southwest because OBJ was too silly that he NEVER reckoned with PERFORMANCE as a parameter for choosing his foot solders and putting people in positions of authority. While OBJ was using federal might to put people in positions of authority, the only parameter that was on his mind was loyalty. On the other hand, Tinubu was wise enough to consider both loyalty and PERFORMANCE. That made all the difference.
exactly what am about to say.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sweetlemon: Me, I don't know if Tinubu "sold" SW votes to Jonathan. All I know is that for Jonathan to send a jet to pick up Tinubu shows a lot of how influential Tinubu is.
Pleas ehow many other Nigerians do we know of who can boast of this privilege?
How many politicians can look into OBJ's eyes and tell him to go to hell??
Haba! Give it to the man abeg!

Give it to him ke?! The rule of thumb is Nigeria is showing disrespect to someone simply because you don't like them. If you don't like someone and you respect them, your IQ diminishes as far as some Nigerians are concerned undecided
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by politician(m): 8:54pm On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe:

Sister, please leave oga afam alone...

Hon sir!!

how is preparations towards your election as the chairman of Enugu south local govt... uwani.

i have told all my folks at agbani road that my oga at the top on nairaland is contesting ooooo.

........traits of PDP candidates! grin as sharp as Jonathan...
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by confusion247(m): 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2013
The same way he looted and acquired public/government properties.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:

Apart from Oshiomole, the governors in ACN were relative nonentities before they emerged as the governor of their respective states. Most of had little or not political clout before been picked by Tinubu to tule their states, so they owe him that much. Let Tinubu try and field a popular candidate like Jimi Agbaje and see what happens to his relevance. The only way Tinubu can remain relevant is to field people with no political relevance and make them indebted to him.

Please stop Afam grin, you digging yourself into a deeper hole.

Fashola vs. Obanikoro
Ajimobi vs. Alao Akala
Fayemi vs. Segun Oni
Oshiomole vs. Airhiavbere
Amosun vs. Olurin
Aregbe vs. Oyinlola

Yes ACN candidates truly have low self esteem and are non entities.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by lasaki: 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
JAGANBAN of AFRICA..........I no fear U but I respect sir
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by dayokanu(m): 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:

I have said it that you are very ignorant and just love your own voice

Ajimobi was a Senator and Governorship aspirant runner up in Oyo Guber poll in 2003 before Tinubu picked him up

Amosun was a senator and a Governorship aspirant runner up in Ogun guber poll in 2003 before Tinubu picked him up

So a Former senator and Governorship aspirant is a Nonentity?

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
dayokanu:

Ajimobi was a Senator and Governorship aspirant runner up in Oyo Guber poll in 2003 before Tinubu picked him up

Amosun was a senator and a Governorship aspirant runner up in Ogun guber poll in 2003 before Tinubu picked him up

Yes o, according to Afam grin. Roflmao

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by maasoap(m): 9:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
owobokiri: By stealing Lagos blind, cornering some oil deals while always bowing before his Fulani lords. The fact that he resides in an environment where crooks are tolerated as a result of primordial pulls did help a lot. He just proved that becoming a tribal champ is not rocket science..
If you want to know an environment where crooks are tolerated, go to South South. They collect mega monthly allocations, yet the rate of their develpt is just like other regions wt meager allocation.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by dayokanu(m): 9:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe: [/b]

Yes o, according to Afam grin. Roflmao

So in the same logic for example in Anambra someone can say Andy Uba currently is a nonentity since he is also a former Governorship aspirant and Senator
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
dayokanu:

So in the same logic for example in Anambra someone can say Andy Uba currently is a nonentity since he is also a former Governorship aspirant and Senator

Guy, you are asking the wrong person o. That 'kweshun' should be directed to Afam na cheesy
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe: @Pro01, Anoint a man like Ikuforiji? You obviously under-estimate the man a lot.

Lol. Ikuforiji might even be a much better choice (from a loyalty-to-Tinubu perspective) than the likes of GOS or Ashafa. Unfortunately, Tinubu is unlikely to annoint any of these men anyway. One way or the other, the end of his political empire is in sight.

Afam4eva:
Tinubu won't make the mistake of putting someone that will usurp him. He puts relative nonentities there with low self-esteem who will remain loyal to him for a very long time. Word even has it that he'll most likely keep it in the family in 2015.

Keep wetin in which family? If by "family", you mean Remi, then I would be overjoyed if Tinubu hands her the ACN gubernatorial ticket. That would make our job easier. Unfortunately, Ojuyobo Tinubu is too smart to make that mistake. I happen to like Remi a lot though, on a personal level, but not even my 'love' for her can change the facts on the ground.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Afam4eva(m): 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe:

Please stop Afam grin, you digging yourself into a deeper hole.

Fashola vs. Obanikoro
Ajimobi vs. Alao Akala
Fayemi vs. Segun Oni
Oshiomole vs. Airhiavbere

Yes ACN candidates truly have low self esteem and are non entities.
Did you know Fashola, FAyemi and Ajimobi before they became governor? Did they win because they had a name politically or because Tinubu used his influence? Pls don't mention Oshiomole again because he won his first term on the platform of Labour party and he won because he was Osho baba and not because of his party.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Zalza: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
Tinubu should watch his back by following the people's wish. If he tries what he did on 2011 by following Jona in 2015. He will lose the prestige n honour by all. I say my own oooooooo
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
pro01:

Lol. Ikuforiji might even be a much better choice (from a loyalty-to-Tinubu perspective) than the likes of GOS or Ashafa. Unfortunately, Tinubu is unlikely to annoint any of these men anyway. One way or the other, the end of his political empire is in sight.

With a man like Ikuforiji, we'll get a replay of Ladoja-Adedibu crisis. Jagaban is too smart for that. I don't think GOS or Ashafa would be disloyal to Tinubu. Wishing it does not mean that it would happen.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Afam4eva(m): 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
dayokanu:

Been a former governor means very little because the political terrain has changed a great deal.

Ajimobi was a senator but still didn't have the political clout to get himself into power like Oshiomole did. He had to come under a banner that was endearing to the people. It's like asking Lam Adesina to come and contest under a mediocre part just because he was a former governor. Obviosly, he will fail.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by dayokanu(m): 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Did you know Fashola, FAyemi and [b]Ajimobi [/b]before they became governor? Did they win because they had a name politically or because Tinubu used his influence? Pls don't mention Oshiomole again because he won his first term on the platform of Labour party and he won because he was Osho baba and not because of his party.

That underlines your cluelessness. Asking if I know a senator in my state? when there are just 3?

2 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by dayokanu(m): 9:16pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Been a former governor means very little because the political terrain has changed a great deal.

Ajimobi was a senator but still didn't have the political clout to get himself into power like Oshiomole did. He had to come under a banner that was endearing to the people. It's like asking Lam Adesina to come and contest under a mediocre part just because he was a former governor. Obviosly, he will fail.

Ajimobi who had the clout to be Senator, WHo had the clout to be runner up vs Akala even though he ran under an unpopular ANPP

So who has Political clout if not Ajimobi?

2 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Did you know Fashola, FAyemi and Ajimobi before they became governor? Did they win because they had a name politically or because Tinubu used his influence? Pls don't mention Oshiomole again because he won his first term on the platform of Labour party and he won because he was Osho baba and not because of his party.

Seriously?!
Fayemi vs. Segun Oni - A technocrat pitted a a ridiculously corrupt Segun Oni, the choice was simple for Ekiti voters

Fashola vs. Obanikoro - Seriously?! Even for you, I don't think I should tell why choosing Fashola was a no brainer

Ajimobi - was the gubernatorial flag bearer for ANPP in Oyo State as was Amosun in Ogun. Both men had previously served as senators for their respective states. How do you think Amosun earned the nickname SIA?

I no blame you sha, there are people on this planet who don't know who Obama is, he is a nonentity for such.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by emiye(m): 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:

You are yawning dust ! What clout did Jimi Agbaje have as a politician ?,he was at best known as just a pharmacist until 2007 elections when he marshalled out his plans for Lagos state at his campaigns, and it sounded good to many lagosians but he came out on a wrong platform, a DPA party.

Oshiomole was known as a labour leader and not a politician, until 2007 when he emerged as the gubernatorial candiditate of Labour Party, he later switched to a stronger platform in form of the ACN .

Fashola was chief of staff of the Tinubu for 8 solid years, a Senior Advocate of NIgeria.

Akeredolu was a well respected NBA president, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria.

Ajimobi was a successful technocrat who reached the peak of his professional career, a one time senator. in actual fact he was rigged out by the Adedibus in the 2007 Oyo state gubernatorial elections.

Amosun nko? a one time senator, and strong enough to challenge Gbenga daniel in 2007, where he was rigged out by PDP.

What nonsense are you still yawning?

2 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by seanet01: 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Ignorance of the highest order!
Oshiomole won his first term on the platform of Labour Party?
Are you kidding me?
Your personal hatred for anything that have links with Yoruba and ACN is shielding you from reality.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by dayokanu(m): 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
seanet01: Ignorance of the highest order!
Are you kidding me?
Your personal hatred for anything that have links with Yoruba and ACN is shielding you from reality.

Let him keep yarning dust
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
seanet01: Ignorance of the highest order!
Are you kidding me?

I missed the bolded on his previous post! Afam is high on tomboliquor jo grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase / N15bn Cash: NIA Chiefs Disown Suspended DG / El-rufai And His Deputy In Their Football Kits As They Prepared For A Match. Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.