Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,487 members, 7,843,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. - Foreign Affairs (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. (94050 Views)

Captured On Our Streets By A Foreign Lens, Images that shamed Britain !!!! / Britain Gives The Go Ahead To Murder Ghaddafi / Should Great Britain Hand Back The Falklands Over To Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:23am On Apr 30, 2013
Sybellah:

yeaaa, i can say that's 60% true grin

That's the hustler's spirit in you...

I'm glad we've got something in common looool.

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:26am On Apr 30, 2013
shymexx:

That's the hustler's spirit in you...

I'm glad we've got something in common looool.

tongue wink
my recreation time is finished, gotta go, babes
nite nite kiss
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 30, 2013
Sybellah:

tongue wink
my recreation time is finished, gotta go, babes
nite nite kiss

Alright, babes - same ere..

feeling sleepy..

Nyt nyt.. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 30, 2013
Sybellah! Wetin dey happen for ur side?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zaFGANyrI

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:47am On Apr 30, 2013
CFCfan: Sybellah! Wetin dey happen for ur side?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zaFGANyrI

howdy CFC smiley

1er gaou is like a national anthem for african parties grin
i love that song and their old style of music
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:51am On Apr 30, 2013
Sybellah:

howdy CFC smiley

1er gaou is like a national anthem for african parties grin
i love that song and their old style of music

I'm good. Had a busy day
I agree that track was a hit in the day.

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:58am On Apr 30, 2013
CFCfan:

I'm good. Had a busy day
I agree that track was a hit in the day.

yeaa me too, i had a long day
so u know magic system well u even posted Amoulanga, that was one of my fav from them
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 4:05am On Apr 30, 2013
Sybellah:

yeaa me too, i had a long day
so u know magic system well u even posted Amoulanga, that was one of my fav from them

Yeah, those 2 tracks are my favorite Magic System hits.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 07, 2013
Time to bring this dead thread back to life..

Gatts play a few of my favourite 2pac/scarface tunes of all time!!

Let's get it popping with this:

[size=14pt]2pac - Old Skool[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAB1_Dv6aeg

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 07, 2013
My favourite 2pac tune....

[size=14pt]Tupac - Who Do You Believe In?[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbtz02uaGFc

2 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 08, 2013
The story of a hiphop legend(Nas) on a track produced by basketball legend(Chris Webber)...

[size=14pt]Nas - Surviving The Times[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mb5Fq6a3Fk
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 08, 2013
*studies posts*... Shymexx, I recommend you start a diary tongue

There is this new channel on Sky called "Africa Channel" (...after all that R& D, they really thought that name would work best? undecided) and they are running Desmonds!!!! Peckhams tv Baba. I was too young to appreciate it before, but omg I'm crushing on Michael and his foolishness embarassed
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 08, 2013
Flytefally, where are you at?

The full interview is nuts, yo!! grin

These bits got me rotfl: "you've got to have big balls to pull that off" and "the only time you'll see a little white girl running to a black man is when she gat problems." grin grin The reporter kept saying: "Thank you, charles." grin grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 08, 2013
shymexx: Flytefally, where are you at?

The full interview is nuts, yo!! grin

These bits got me rotfl: "you've got to have big balls to pull that off" and "the only time you'll see a little white girl running to a black man is when she gat problems." grin grin The reporter kept saying: "Thank you, charles." grin grin
That news reporter is an enemy of progress, imagine if he hadn't been stopped teeehehe grin. Americans are nuts. I stayed in Manhattan last year and visited a local store where one man asked another man where the soy sauce was. I interrupted and told him or was in the next aisle and he shouted (with a fist pump) "YEAAAH! TEAM EFFORT!" Rofl. Madtings.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 08, 2013
Hiya beautiful flytefally, I'm sorry... Something came up and I had to go sort it out, quickly...

I'm back, yo..

Where are ya?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 08, 2013
Flytefalls: *studies posts*... Shymexx, I recommend you start a diary tongue

There is this new channel on Sky called "Africa Channel" (...after all that R& D, they really thought that name would work best? undecided) and they are running Desmonds!!!! Peckhams tv Baba. I was too young to appreciate it before, but omg I'm crushing on Michael and his foolishness embarassed

Erm... Why do you want me to start a diary? Wanna start stalking my diary, yeah?? grin grin grin I'll think about it if you can give me a cogent reason to... tongue

I've not seen "Desmonds" for time... I bet you like Michael because of his job loool... He looks a little bit like Denzel Washington, though.... Desmonds was the ish back in the day and it put Peckham on the map... But it's just a pity there was no Nigerian on it... grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 08, 2013
Flytefalls:
That news reporter is an enemy of progress, imagine if he hadn't been stopped teeehehe grin. Americans are nuts. I stayed in Manhattan last year and visited a local store where one man asked another man where the soy sauce was. I interrupted and told him or was in the next aisle and he shouted (with a fist pump) "YEAAAH! TEAM EFFORT!" Rofl. Madtings.

Most yanks are nuts!! grin If he hadn't been stopped, best believe he would've started talking about the civil rights movement and black history looool

Team effort, yano... grin grin I guess that's your New York minute - I need to dedicate a tune to that loooooooool.... tongue

French Montana - New york Minute Feat Jadakiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GCy6glYGwc
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 08, 2013
Ha!! My NYC minute was a MindTripp! Kinda like this: http://vimeo.com/26008055

Michael is an icy grouch, but very vulnerable. I think I love that about his character, you know someone will melt his heart in the end (the romantic within my skin is hoping that's how it ends hehe).... so the "old African sayings" weren't enough for you??! I'd love to see the part we Caribbeans may play in Nigerian drama's; besides dutty whining of course kmt tongue

I wanna have ribs with Charles!!! My fav line is where he says there was nothing exciting about the kidnapper.. "well he is (exciting) now!" with a smirk. Ahhh, news was dead today cry
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 08, 2013
Flytefalls: Ha!! My NYC minute was a MindTripp! Kinda like this: http://vimeo.com/26008055

Michael is a icy grouch, but very vulnerable. I think I love that about his character, you know someone will melt his heart in the end (the romantic within my skin is hoping that's how it ends hehe).... so the "old African sayings" weren't enough for you??! I'd love to see the part we Caribbeans may play in Nigerian drama's; besides dutty whining of course kmt tongue

I wanna have ribs with Charles!!! My fav line is where he says there was nothing exciting about the kidnapper.. "well he is (exciting) now!" with a smirk. Ahhh, news was dead today cry

Lmao @ the Chemical Brothers tune... grin Is that the genre of music that you listen to? tongue Anyway, I listen to everything and I won't mind get jiggy to that with you... tongue

Err.. I think he's a sweet-boy just trying to put that on just to hide his vulnerability...Lee is my darg, though.. That's the Prince of Peckham.. cool Have you seen: Rollin' with the Nines?

Hmmm... Peckham has always been mixed with Nigerians vs. Caribbeans rivalry - so you lot should've included at least a Nigerian character in Desmonds... tongue I still remember growing up and how Caribbeans used to bully us everywhere till we started fighting back kmt.. undecided undecided

Charles Ramsey is a joker!! grin He said there's nothing exciting about the kidnapper, yet he had barbecue with the same guy in the same house... hehehehehehehe.... I missed the news... tongue

Do you watch the NBA?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:02am On May 09, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao @ the Chemical Brothers tune... grin Is that the genre of music that you listen to? tongue Anyway, I listen to everything and I won't mind get jiggy to that with you... tongue

Err.. I think he's a sweet-boy just trying to put that on just to hide his vulnerability...Lee is my darg, though.. That's the Prince of Peckham.. cool Have you seen: Rollin' with the Nines?

Hmmm... Peckham has always been mixed with Nigerians vs. Caribbeans rivalry - so you lot should've included at least a Nigerian character in Desmonds... tongue I still remember growing up and how Caribbeans used to bully us everywhere till we started fighting back kmt.. undecided undecided

Charles Ramsey is a joker!! grin He said there's nothing exciting about the kidnapper, yet he had barbecue with the same guy in the same house... hehehehehehehe.... I missed the news... tongue

Do you watch the NBA?
I'm into a mess of music, and my preference is situational. No slow jams(!) except R Kelly Bump n Grind and that booty song grin

NBA, no. Most sports on tv are too distant. My eyes wander to the crowds a lot through boredom. I love watching marathons for this reason grin. NBA is your thing too? Do ya watch wrestling? grin

Lee is real. I love Lee grin. Everyone has an uncle that is Lee. Haven't seen Rollin in the Nines...?

I've got deadlines for Friday. Bought this pack of sweets to munch on. Pictured are my rejects! Why can't they all be red, or blackcurrant?! And errr I hate fruit gums!!!

I'm on dat word count right about now lol. Laters! Edit: I had a juicer reply, and then EE did its thang Kmt. Argh!

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:18am On May 09, 2013
Flytefalls:
I'm into a mess of music, and my preference is situational. No slow jams(!) except R Kelly Bump n Grind and that booty song grin

NBA, no. Most sports on tv are too distant. My eyes wander to the crowds a lot through boredom. I love watching marathons for this reason grin. NBA is your thing too? Do ya watch wrestling? grin

Lee is real. I love Lee grin. Everyone has an uncle that is Lee. Haven't seen Rollin in the Nines...?

I've got deadlines for Friday. Bought this pack of sweets to munch on. Pictured are my rejects! Why can't they all be red, or blackcurrant?! And errr I hate fruit gums!!!

I'm on dat word count right about now lol. Laters! Edit: I had a juicer reply, and then EE did its thang Kmt. Argh!

Don't start denying the chemical brothers now, hun... tongue I swear I saw you at a drum and base event last year lol... Bump n Grind and booty song, yano... Anything to shake those massive cakes to, innit babes? Perhaps, you can add Usher's "Nice and Slow" and Omarion's "O" to the playlist fi moi... I'm the biggest R.Kelly fan out there and "I wish I wish I could be with you somehow" right about now looool... lipsrsealed

Yeah, I'm into almost all the top American sports(basketball, baseball, boxing and american football) except ice hockey... I used to be gassed about wrestling but since I discovered it's just play-acting and as fake a £1 note; I stopped watching it... I still remember the WWF and WWE legends, though... Do you watch wrestling?

Lee is just too real lol...Robbie Gee, the guy that played "Lee" in Desmond's is also in "Rollin' with the Nines" wih Simon Webbe of blue... It's a British gangster movie and far better than Adulthood and Kidulthood combined... I swear it was released in 2006 or something - because I watched the same year it was released via the Chinaman's deefeedees dvds..

Sweets aren't good for you, you know? I stopped messing with them time ago... I don't want to start firing blank before I turn 40 loool... Anyway, your bed looks nice and I won't mind getting my 6'2 frame on there to get some blissful sleep - sweet dreams.. grin tongue

Hey, word hard and make sure you meet the deadlines, hun..

[size=2pt]Twos twos, rasta a waan talk fi yuh on a level.. Wahh ya say?[/size]
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:24am On May 09, 2013
Since you're a Kellz fan, gats dedicate this tune to you.. and make sure you whine to it, girlie... tongue

R Kelly Ft. Sean Paul & Akon - Slow Wine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb45n8ovxJk
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:59am On May 09, 2013
shymexx:

Don't start denying the chemical brothers now, hun... tongue I swear I saw you at a drum and base event last year lol... Bump n Grind and booty song, yano... Anything to shake those massive cakes to, innit babes? Perhaps, you can add Usher's "Nice and Slow" and Omarion's "O" to the playlist fi moi... I'm the biggest R.Kelly fan out there and "I wish I wish I could be with you somehow" right about now looool... lipsrsealed

Yeah, I'm into almost all the top American sports(basketball, baseball, boxing and american football) except ice hockey... I used to be gassed about wrestling but since I discovered it's just play-acting and as fake a £1 note; I stopped watching it... I still remember the WWF and WWE legends, though... Do you watch wrestling?

Lee is just too real lol...Robbie Gee, the guy that played "Lee" in Desmond's is also in "Rollin' with the Nines" wih Simon Webbe of blue... It's a British gangster movie and far better than Adulthood and Kidulthood combined... I swear it was released in 2006 or something - because I watched the same year it was released via the Chinaman's deefeedees dvds..

Sweets aren't good for you, you know? I stopped messing with them time ago... I don't want to start firing blank before I turn 40 loool... Anyway, your bed looks nice and I won't mind getting my 6'2 frame on there to get some blissful sleep - sweet dreams.. grin tongue

Hey, word hard and make sure you meet the deadlines, hun..

[size=2pt]Twos twos, rasta a waan talk fi yuh on a level.. Wahh ya say?[/size]
Pahahaha @ "two two's" grin grin. It's in the wrong context but still funny. Soon come grin

Why the fascination with American sports? Why not... Lithuanian? grin I actually love ice hockey of them all grin. Wrestling was worth watching for the Rock vs everyone but I've grown outta it. Good times though.

I'd never disown my Chemical brethren. I'm versatile. Currently rediscovering the funk era! You are a Kellz fan? You like those drip drip songs with him whining about how he'll "put it down" on every element of her "secksy baaawdy". Usher is good cheese though; "climax" (just to sing and reach that high note, you know the one!), There Goes My Baby, OMG and oh I just love "Love in the Club" for Young Jeezy's rapping voice, gaad daymn! shocked

The sweets are for focus, but my personal Rasta colleague-cum-consultant has frightened me off these artifical chemicals we call "food". Proper shook now undecided... Kick your ideas outta my bed!!!! Mi gaaan! One luv natty dread!...

One last word; DEEFEEEEDEEEEEEEEEEEE? grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 09, 2013
Flytefalls:
Pahahaha @ "two two's" grin grin. It's in the wrong context but still funny. Soon come grin

Why the fascination with American sports? Why not... Lithuanian? grin I actually love ice hockey of them all grin. Wrestling was worth watching for the Rock vs everyone but I've grown outta it. Good times though.

I'd never disown my Chemical brethren. I'm versatile. Currently rediscovering the funk era! You are a Kellz fan? You like those drip drip songs with him whining about how he'll "put it down" on every element of her "secksy baaawdy". Usher is good cheese though; "climax" (just to sing and reach that high note, you know the one!), There Goes My Baby, OMG and oh I just love "Love in the Club" for Young Jeezy's rapping voice, gaad daymn! shocked

The sweets are for focus, but my personal Rasta colleague-cum-consultant has frightened me off these artifical chemicals we call "food". Proper shook now undecided... Kick your ideas outta my bed!!!! Mi gaaan! One luv natty dread!...

One last word; DEEFEEEEDEEEEEEEEEEEE? grin

Oi, I swear "two two's" means obviously and can be used in any context like "shegged". no? Anyway, I just got back to the bit finally last year from my sojourn in brum. Still getting used to the new slangs. Soon come? Rasta a waan whine pon de dancefloor wit flytefally. Are you really from the endz? loooool tongue

The yanks influence people subconsciously and American sports, AA culture, movies, and hip-hop are kind of intertwined. So, if you're into one aspect of their lifestyle, you'll develop interest in the others - one way, or the other. Anyway, I've always been a basketball fan and I played the sport a little bit in secondary school and college. American football is the most explosive and interesting sport out there, once you can figure it out, it's super-addictive. As for boxing, I got on that from a young age via my pops; he's the biggest Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, and George Foreman fan in the world loool. I wasn't really a big fan of the Rock - the Undertaker, Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, and Eddie Guerrero(R.I.P) are/was my nyggah(s). Saturday morning ish - memories stil...

Being versatile with music is good. I'm also on the country music wave right about now. Funk? - thanks but no thanks. grin I'll stick to G-funk and party hard, rock my chuck taylors, throw the dub in the sky, and crip walk like it's the 90s/noughties and the deathrow era again - it's west coast in da house!! lool... Kellz is a legend!! Gat love for Usher as well. I dunno if it's just me, but he has been acting weird of late, tho loool. Usher can hit the high note and get any girl moist(*covers face face*) - that's what separates him from Justin Timberlake. I'm not really on Jeezy and most of the Southern 808-drum rappers too tough, tho. More into New York and LA rappers - but a few Southern rappers like: Scarface, Outkast, and Jay Electronica will get a pass...

Rasta colleague!! loool. You need to lead a healthy lifestyle, shook one. tongue
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 09, 2013
"Two two's" means "and then" or "suddenly". Example: "Him juss trapse pon di rug wid him dutty boot dem but me nah watch him becah him gwaan too stush. But two two's him slip an him foot did twiss up ta ratid! Him quick fi shame" tongue. Do you know what some Jamaican guys call light skinned women?? "Natural browning!" Pahahaha!

Awww is your dad the type that swings at the TV screen when cheering on his guy? I always imagine that's how people watch boxing. My dad liked cricket; he just sits there as there is like zero tension watching that deadness lol.

My musical journey is a little more tripped-out hippy psychedelic. Visited Amsterdam as a young teen and discovered Air's lofty instrumentals and madly auto-tuned voice-overs; thus began my journey into "alternative" genres. Haven't reached country to-date but I'm sure we all sing a little pseudo-country in the shower, no?? grin G-funk I can dig when Choice FM plays Warren G/Nate Dogg (RIP) etc on a hot hazy afternoon. I see you crip-walking, but I have reservations about joining you in that era (from a female fashion perspective). Bright orange baggy T-shirt twisted and knotted to form a crop top, worn with some rose-flower patterned demin shorts, bright red lipstick, chunky clip-on gold earrings and a jacked up birds nest weave pulled into a ponytail with a velvet scrunchy tongue. I was studying my mums old "hot gyal '90s" pics hehe.

And personally, I don't care wtf them rappers are rapping about I just love that southern rustic drawl esp if he has a deep voice. I'mma visit ATL and have some black hench hotness yell from his car "hey yo shawwwty, you gon' riiiiide up 'pin 'ere or whaaaat?!" (Yes. Yes, I so will!! embarassed) grin

I'm very active, but I love bad foods. At lunchtime this Rasta guy will be at my side like tomato ketchup. He'll watch me eat my lunch and detail how my sandwich will give me foot cancer one day cry cry

2 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:29am On May 10, 2013
shymexx: My favourite 2pac tune....

[size=14pt]Tupac - Who Do You Believe In?[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbtz02uaGFc

SHYMMEX!! let me find out you know a lil something about Pac!! cool
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:31am On May 10, 2013
*Kails*:

SHYMMEX!! let me find out you know a lil something about Pac!! cool

I know a lot about the GOAT(greatest of all time)..

Gatts all his albums including the makevelli series and tracks most have never listened to...

Btw, I sing "who do you believe in" and "white manz world" every morning in the shower... grin

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:32am On May 10, 2013
Where flytefally a go?

Imma reply ya message now, hun.. tongue
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 9:46am On May 10, 2013
Flytefalls: "Two two's" means "and then" or "suddenly". Example: "Him juss trapse pon di rug wid him dutty boot dem but me nah watch him becah him gwaan too stush. But two two's him slip an him foot did twiss up ta ratid! Him quick fi shame" tongue. Do you know what some Jamaican guys call light skinned women?? "Natural browning!" Pahahaha!

Awww is your dad the type that swings at the TV screen when cheering on his guy? I always imagine that's how people watch boxing. My dad liked cricket; he just sits there as there is like zero tension watching that deadness lol.

My musical journey is a little more tripped-out hippy psychedelic. Visited Amsterdam as a young teen and discovered Air's lofty instrumentals and madly auto-tuned voice-overs; thus began my journey into "alternative" genres. Haven't reached country to-date but I'm sure we all sing a little pseudo-country in the shower, no?? grin G-funk I can dig when Choice FM plays Warren G/Nate Dogg (RIP) etc on a hot hazy afternoon. I see you crip-walking, but I have reservations about joining you in that era (from a female fashion perspective). Bright orange baggy T-shirt twisted and knotted to form a crop top, worn with some rose-flower patterned demin shorts, bright red lipstick, chunky clip-on gold earrings and a jacked up birds nest weave pulled into a ponytail with a velvet scrunchy tongue. I was studying my mums old "hot gyal '90s" pics hehe.

And personally, I don't care wtf them rappers are rapping about I just love that southern rustic drawl esp if he has a deep voice. I'mma visit ATL and have some black hench hotness yell from his car "hey yo shawwwty, you gon' riiiiide up 'pin 'ere or whaaaat?!" (Yes. Yes, I so will!! embarassed) grin

I'm very active, but I love bad foods. At lunchtime this Rasta guy will be at my side like tomato ketchup. He'll watch me eat my lunch and detail how my sandwich will give me foot cancer one day cry cry

Soz, couldn't replay yesterday; I was knackered.. tongue

I honestly didn't know "Two two's" was a caribbean slang. So I can't argue against your assertion since you're from over there. I thought it was an East ldn thing and the first time I heard it was when Lethal Bizzle used it, whilst talking about Tulisa's sextape... and since I moved down to the East end, I've met a few people who use it as well. However, they all use it as an interchangeable term for "obviously." But I'll have to ride with you on this one, girlie. kiss

Yeah, the yardies use the "natural browning" term a lot in west midlands loool. Perhaps, it's because there are loads of mixed raced chics out there. West Midlands is Jamaica within the UK and handsworth is Kingston lool. You need to go out there and romp with ya people. Dun noe. grin

Hehehehe @ pops swinging at the TV screen. My pops isn't that brolic, he's the typical African man with a deep and loud voice loool. He just gives a detailed commentary with some history lessons. lool. West Indians and their love for cricket!! *Grins* Why do lot love cricket so much? That's one hell of a dead sport, to be honest loool. You know you don't want to disturb men when they're in full concentration mode watching sports; you'll get sent back to the west like the indies, if you violate their concentration.*Runs out before she slaps my face*looooltongue tongue

Hippy psychedelic? Now, I'm scurred!! embarassed embarassed I like your versatility with music, it's impressive. I kind of messed around with classical music and some traditional African music last year as well. Pseudo-country, yano loool. I need to check, I'll get back to you on that. grin

Damn! R.I.P Nate dogg!*Sobs* I still "Regulate" like it's the 90s again."If you know like I know/you don't wanna step to this/It's the G-Funk era/funked out with a gangsta twist/if you smoke like I smoke/then you high like everyday/and if your ass is a buster/213 will regulate!." My older brother got on west coast hip-hop early(that's the biggest Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube fan in the world). I still wear dickies, though! You can join us in that era because fashion recycles itself. Don't be surprised if the style of dressing back then comes back in full cycle in the next 5 years. Men's fashion from back then has started coming back - timberland boots are back in vogue and our jeans are as tight as what the wore back then. Heck, the checkered shirts we wear now are reminiscent of lumberjack, but in cotton and not wool.

I'm a hip-hop head and when I listen to rap music, I listen to the lyrics before the beat and the voice. I want to hear methaphors that'll make me go: "Whoa!! Did he just say that?!?!?!". Hip-hop saved my life loooool. Well, Imma also visit ATL for some southern hospitality and southern fried chicken... and ain't no woman gat more "bootay" that my country women. Batty so big, you can see it from the front looool. Gatts hit the strip clubs out there and make it rain!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wink
Glad, you're active. Rasta's are mostly vegetarians, alie? Boi, I eat every thing - I've been eating Farmfood's southern chicken bargain box and oven chips for the past 3days loool. I love my fried chicken - bwahahahaha. You need to try it out, it tastes like KFC but you need to oven cook it for like 15-20mins.. tongue tongue lipsrsealed
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:02am On May 10, 2013
Gotta drop the most scientific and mathematical tune ever by Nate Dogg(R.I.P)!! Listened to this tune every morning for three straight yrs in uni.. grin Hustlers' Anthem!!!

Shade Sheist & Nate Dogg - Wake Up

When I wake up in the mornin'/
when I get up out of my bed/
at all times I remain a hustler/
at all times I be chasin' my bread/
since this one's for my people/
I'mma make sure you heard what I said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L0udQfNmfA
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 10, 2013
Nah man! "Two two's" is very caribbean and I've conducted a mini poll already hehe. My small sample of non-randomised Jamaican's are saying they would never interchange the word "obviously" with "two two's". Brap Brap bruv, correct unu self! grin. I'm so sorry, but everytime I visit Birmingham I'm dead of boredom. And that accent hehehe. Everyone seems live up there though!

My grandad is the worse for cricket. I was lounging with him in St Vincent and asked him to explain the rules. Lord.... "When dem run like soh, *dramatic pause* that is a Run. 6 Runs, *dramatic pause* mek ah Over. Wait, is it 5... no, it is 6. You see dat man deh? *dramatic pause* Him is called the bowler....". And it went on. Agony. undecided

Rap saved your life so it should solidly hold its place, I respect that. And I do have respect for the G-funk era (does this involve Pharcyde? I love that group). I utitlised the freedom of university (and my student loan) to explore different genres. My journey with rap/hip hop isn't exclusively US based although most groups are US influenced. I have a decent album for a Danish group ("Ghetto Gourmet"wink which I randomly picked up in Sweden. I have a dutch friend from university whose brother (Kyteman) has mastered a "hip-hop orchestra". His popularity has blown up over the years. Although the song isn't very "hip hop", I loved playing this song most weekends at uni!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7h450fbjwE

Movie soundtracks are great for original compositions with raw (often obvious, cliched) emotion. Thomas Newman is like a big wig in that Genre. Two of his compositions for the movie "American Beauty" are my favourites from him. Have you ventured into jazz/swing Jazz yet? LIstened to Ella Fitzgerald sing with Louie Armstrong?

Sigh, music... there is much else to discover! Happy Weekend! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (157) (Reply)

Two Kenyan Government Staff In Sex Act. Photo Goes Viral / "It Means I Won" - Trump Reacts To Georgian Governor's Tweet / This Picture Will Change Your View About Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.