Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,953 members, 7,828,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. - Foreign Affairs (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. (93960 Views)

Captured On Our Streets By A Foreign Lens, Images that shamed Britain !!!! / Britain Gives The Go Ahead To Murder Ghaddafi / Should Great Britain Hand Back The Falklands Over To Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 22, 2013
coogar:

"the arše is juicy" is funnier - she said nigeria airways make easyjet planes look like concorde! grin

grin grin grin LMAO !

I love gina cheesy
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 9:56pm On May 22, 2013
adaobi123:
grin grin grin LMAO !

I love gina cheesy

what's your most annoying commercial ad on TV now? i cannot stand churchill and gocompare
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 22, 2013
coogar:

what's your most annoying commercial ad on TV now? i cannot stand churchill and gocompare

yessss that go compare opera man, I get sick and tired of it. Cant they think of something else ? undecided

whats the churchill one again ?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 10:02pm On May 22, 2013
adaobi123:

yessss that go compare opera man, I get sick and tired of it. Cant they think of something else ? undecided

whats the churchill one again ?

the annoying insurance dog!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 22, 2013
coogar:

the annoying insurance dog!

ahhhhh yes grin

Also, the car adverts too, they are so off point. One time, I though the advert was modelling clothing and it turned out to be a car. undecided undecided
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 22, 2013
Oreo advert. She is not cute, she needs a back hand angry
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 10:13pm On May 22, 2013
adaobi123:

ahhhhh yes grin

Also, the car adverts too, they are so off point. One time, I though the advert was modelling clothing and it turned out to be a car. undecided undecided

turns out we aren't the only ones - webuyanycar.com does my head in too. bunch of bellends!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1349135/Go-Compare-commercials-TVs-irritating-man-Wynne-Evans.html
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 22, 2013
Flytefalls: Oreo advert. She is not cute, she needs a back hand angry

same undecided angry
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 22, 2013
coogar:

turns out we aren't the only ones - webuyanycar.com does my head in too. bunch of bellends!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1349135/Go-Compare-commercials-TVs-irritating-man-Wynne-Evans.html

What ??!?!!? that's the best jingle ever!!! I could listen to it all day grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 22, 2013
adaobi123:

What ??!?!!? that's the best jingle ever!!! I could listen to it all day grin
No its the KFC video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n6Z6xPER80&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 22, 2013
Flytefalls:
No its the KFC video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n6Z6xPER80&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The woman's mouth grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 23, 2013
isale_gan2: Interesting Shymexx. undecided lipsrsealed cheesy

Why did you say that?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 23, 2013
coogar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2it7M9r7eg

shymexx, gina killed it!
i have never heard anyone deliver multiple punchlines like she did in this piece.

I have always been a fan of Gina.

Gina is funny, unlike the other clowns running around with redundant African accent jokes.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by isalegan2: 2:07pm On May 24, 2013
shymexx:

Why did you say that?

No biggie. Just a reaction to something you posted. I think the revelatory nature. . .
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 24, 2013
isale_gan2:

No biggie. Just a reaction to something you posted. I think the revelatory nature. . .

Oh ok... Anyway, if it has to do with what I said about "Happiness." I don't think it's "revelatory" per se. I was just being philosophical whilst trying to paint a picture about "Happiness" in relation with the forces of the universe, human consciousness, and western civilisation. In the true sense of the word "Happiness," no one connected to western civilisation can be infinitely happy, due to the fact that human wants are insatiable...and the energy is just too fast-paced and unpredictable. People may feign it, act it superficially, but deep-down inside them - they know it's just a veil to hide what's on the inside.

However, that was why I alluded to finding peace within oneself. The only infinitely happy people on this planet are probably the amazon tribes of Brazil. That is basically because they're disconnected from the world/civilisation, and everything they do is within their domain.

I hope that helps. grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by isalegan2: 5:56pm On May 24, 2013
then why'd you remove your posts? cheesy

i used to be asked that by someone here. . . actually, you remind me of him. hmmm. undecided wink

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 24, 2013
Just had to delete them because of the weird people on the forum and how they read everything upside down.

Who might that be?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by isalegan2: 12:50am On May 25, 2013
A notorious poster whose legend is so strong that mere whispering of his name could render ones tongue and typing fingers crippled and consign one to a life of penury. cheesy
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by JeSoul(f): 7:42pm On May 28, 2013
Hey peoples...been quietly enjoying your friendly banter for pages smiley

Shymexx... totally random but I recall seeing one comment from you about some rap vids you have/wrote...can I have a listen? smiley
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 8:32pm On May 28, 2013
shymexx:
I have always been a fan of Gina.

Gina is funny, unlike the other clowns running around with redundant African accent jokes.

"i went to africa to search for my roots, but i realised my roots is in hackney".

2 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 28, 2013
JeSoul: Hey peoples...been quietly enjoying your friendly banter for pages smiley

Shymexx... totally random but I recall seeing one comment from you about some rap vids you have/wrote...can I have a listen? smiley

I had the video on youtube for a while but I've deleted it now...

Anyway, we need to induct you, Lady JeSoul. grin

What's life like in Boston? - Is it like other major American cities?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 28, 2013
coogar:

"i went to africa to search for my roots, but i realised my roots is in hackney".

Funny and witty, but there was underlying message in that. grin lipsrsealed
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 28, 2013
Where flytefally and feed_me_more/Tyson55 at? grin tongue
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by JeSoul(f): 7:39pm On May 29, 2013
shymexx:

I had the video on youtube for a while but I've deleted it now...

Anyway, we need to induct you, Lady JeSoul. grin

What's life like in Boston? - Is it like other major American cities?
Why you delete am now? I wanna see... Hehe...so how many Kolanut, tubers of yam and bottles of schnapps should I bring?

Beantown is pretty cool, least I think so smiley. See me profile pic. It is very much like Chicago in terms of overall "feel", though Chicago has way more, drop dead impressive architecture. Its also kind of similar to Philadelphia because of the historical/nostalgic aura they both have. If you looked at a map of the two, you'd see Philly was well planned & developed (straight lines thru the city), Boston is more of a 'sprawling' outwards from the ocean as the settlers moved inland, so its not the easier place to navigate, part of what makes the place unique. And from the few places south like Texas I've been to, those are nothing like up here, quite different in many ways.

So, where is your first stop? cheesy
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:37am On May 30, 2013
JeSoul: Why you delete am now? I wanna see... Hehe...so how many Kolanut, tubers of yam and bottles of schnapps should I bring?

Beantown is pretty cool, least I think so smiley. See me profile pic. It is very much like Chicago in terms of overall "feel", though Chicago has way more, drop dead impressive architecture. Its also kind of similar to Philadelphia because of the historical/nostalgic aura they both have. If you looked at a map of the two, you'd see Philly was well planned & developed (straight lines thru the city), Boston is more of a 'sprawling' outwards from the ocean as the settlers moved inland, so its not the easier place to navigate, part of what makes the place unique. And from the few places south like Texas I've been to, those are nothing like up here, quite different in many ways.

So, where is your first stop? cheesy

Erm...Sorry for the late reply; the England vs. Ireland football game got me hooked up.

Hmmm. I said certain things on that track, I shouldn't have said. That was why I deleted it. I'll probably upload it again for you before weekend, or record another special freestyle for you. grin For the induction, we need to your pic. That's what the stakeholders of the thread agreed on after deliberating on what the requirement(s) should be. tongue

Boston sounds like an interesting place. And probably the Liverpool of America. I just hope the accent isn't as weird as the scouse accent lol. What's the real Bostonian accent like? I bet it has tons of Irish influence lol. I absolutely love any place close to the coast and I can see myself living there. Also, do you support the Patriots? I'm a NFL head.

As for the first stop - I really don't know yet. I need to see what summer has got in stock for me. Autumn looks most likely.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:05am On May 30, 2013
Oi Shymexx, you're a Malcolm X disciple right? undecided Self-defence intelligence:

http://sonsofmalcolm..co.uk/2013/05/black-panthers-in-greece-start-to-fight.html?m=1

Enjoy. Racism in Europe feels no will to hide nowadays. I was looking forward to learning of such a group undecided
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 30, 2013
Flytefalls: Oi Shymexx, you're a Malcolm X disciple right? undecided Self-defence intelligence:

http://sonsofmalcolm..co.uk/2013/05/black-panthers-in-greece-start-to-fight.html?m=1

Enjoy. Racism in Europe feels no will to hide nowadays. I was looking forward to learning of such a group undecided

Gwan rudegyal? Erthing bless, yeah? Man a fi luk fi yuh errwhere, ya noe. tongue

I rate Bro. Malcolm X and I absolutely respect everything he stood for, but I'm definitely not-part/not-interested in any militant group like Sons-of-Malcolm, or black panthers. grin Fighting for black people is a waste of time and energy. The same people would be the ones to snake you and sell you out for a nickle - so what's the point? The black race is a lost race and most are comfortable with the status quo.

Moreover, I won't be surprised if some black people are also part of the neo-Nazi group, the black panthers are defending themselves against. That's how messed up we're as a race. And the Sukant Chandan guy, who's the leader of the Sons of Malcolm group still shocks me every time I read his twitter TL. The guy is Indian(probably one of the few Indians with African ancestry). However, he's the most pro-black guy on the internet(UK). And he's highly educated as well. But I still don't understand why he's so passionate about black people(big ups to him for that, anyway).

Anyway, racism will never die - it'll just continue to metamorphosise into different things. You know like the life-cycle of Lepidoptera. Egg(when Europeans joined the rest of us) ---> Caterpillars(the renaissance in Europe after the dark ages)----> Wing development(period of slavery and colonialism) ---> Pupa(that's the stage we're at right now and how subtle racism has been in Europe for time) ---> Adult(the next stage when it's going to fly around the world with its beautiful wings). Hehehehehehehehe...........So evidently, that's why I study the philosophy of Malcolm X, to protect my close friends, family and I against all eventualities - ain't no one got time for the black race loooool.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 30, 2013
Mi dedeh! grin

Yes, the "status quo" would be to organise no resistance and see your brothers die as snakes in the near distance tongue. In Athens, the cause to fight is less complex and in self-defence (I hope). To the black people living there, action is necessary and justifiable because their racism has a definite ugly face; it is not dressed-up as grandma (complete with big comforting b0soms) like here in the UK. I usually don't support violent reasoning or vigilantes, but I'm sympathetic to any break to the cycle of self-loathing and inaction black communities suffer. I hope that we find ourselves in good form soon!

(^^Flytefalls needs reporting to Optimists Anonymous for that garbage up there) undecided

Loving the bioligical analogy obviously lol, but you omitted the death-phase wink. During your proposed adult phase, will we fight for survival or die a holocaust death? There is always a death phase, and every reason to take action and have an impact on the resultant new egg. Make your preparations!.... I like mine scrambled with black pepper, an a drop of milk, thanks grin grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by JeSoul(f): 6:57pm On May 30, 2013
shymexx:

Erm...Sorry for the late reply; the England vs. Ireland football game got me hooked up.
Another soccer (yes I said soccer cheesy) addict.

Hmmm. I said certain things on that track, I shouldn't have said. That was why I deleted it. I'll probably upload it again for you before weekend, or record another special freestyle for you. grin For the induction, we need to your pic. That's what the stakeholders of the thread agreed on after deliberating on what the requirement(s) should be. tongue
okay cool...just interested in hearing your 'style'...you do it for fun or you're a musician on the side? (I am myself, why I ask) as for the pic cheesy...you mean these smiley faces don't do it justice? grin

Boston sounds like an interesting place. And probably the Liverpool of America. I just hope the accent isn't as weird as the scouse accent lol. What's the real Bostonian accent like? I bet it has tons of Irish influence lol. I absolutely love any place close to the coast and I can see myself living there. Also, do you support the Patriots? I'm a NFL head.

As for the first stop - I really don't know yet. I need to see what summer has got in stock for me. Autumn looks most likely.
Accents can be tricky things...there is definitely a Boston accent but I don't think its hard to understand at all (of course I'm biased). I think southern (mississipi & co) accents are probably the trickiest of american accents to get. I think the British accent is undecided. I'd been on the road for a bit and was happy to finally be in an english-speaking country where I could communicate...mehn was I wrong lol. I could barely understand most of the time what the heck they were saying. There was this recent ESPN commercial featuring two brits & their EPL teams, I've seen it at least 10 times, I still have no idea what they're saying lol.

and did you say NFL? know ye not that I am the unofficial NFL activist here on NL? I ran the ship for ~4seasons until I took a break last season https://www.nairaland.com/170354/nfl-11-12-season-here-where
and I even posted on your thread here https://www.nairaland.com/984157/thread-nfl-fanatics-daily-news smiley

Infact I watch any and all sports (except that nonsense called ice hockey). I love love sports smiley
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by JeSoul(f): 7:13pm On May 30, 2013
Flytefalls: Oi Shymexx, you're a Malcolm X disciple right? undecided Self-defence intelligence:

Honestly, there's 2 sides to every coin as they say. I recall one episode that left me thoroughly embarrased. I was in downtown Athens and suddenly heard screaming and shouting and a group of ~5 black women questionably dressed running and everyone in the crowd was staring at them. As they ran past me I recognized the unmistakable pidgin english & accent that identified them as Nigerians, they were laughing & giggling as they ran. They were being chased by an older white man who was shouting at them. I felt so embarrased for them and that they were Nigerians. Most of the time we came across black folks they were either at the station 'hustling' or something shady. And naturally, we encountered some racist attitudes through our stay. But I can honestly not blame some of the local greeks. Black people give ourselves a bad name. When you go to a foreign land and disrespect your host, what do you expect? unfortunately the hate and racism will in turn be taken out on other innocent black people.

shymexx:

Gwan rudegyal? Erthing bless, yeah? Man a fi luk fi yuh errwhere, ya noe. tongue

I rate Bro. Malcolm X and I absolutely respect everything he stood for, but I'm definitely not-part/not-interested in any militant group like Sons-of-Malcolm, or black panthers. grin Fighting for black people is a waste of time and energy. The same people would be the ones to snake you and sell you out for a nickle - so what's the point? The black race is a lost race and most are comfortable with the status quo.
Damn. lol. I don't even know what to say to this cheesy grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 30, 2013
is anyone watching crimewatch ? undecided
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 9:41pm On May 30, 2013
adaobi123: is anyone watching crimewatch ? undecided

i can't believe anyone would stab such an old man? i hate random killings. the man is 82 years old!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (157) (Reply)

"It Means I Won" - Trump Reacts To Georgian Governor's Tweet / Two Kenyan Government Staff In Sex Act. Photo Goes Viral / This Picture Will Change Your View About Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.