Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty (27466 Views)

Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation / Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran / Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by sashash(m): 1:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
ndu_chucks: Some of these military chiefs should remember that they take orders from the commander in chief and that military rule is over. GEJ needs to make an example of a few of them by retiring them instantly.
military chiefs can be powerful in democratic govts e.g turkey
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by aurenflani: 1:48pm On Apr 05, 2013
startony: This is a lie, lies lies lies. How will the president do a thing like that. Even though many said he is weak But I believed he is stronger, wiser and smater than all Boko Haram Put together x10. Beside He cant summit now that He wining. His statement in Borno was the mind of 97% of Nigerian and the world. It will be better to divid this Nation than to grant amnesty to Boko Haram.

That statement from you is the thoughts of a moronn.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by floggins: 1:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
This is the most insulting news i have read,why will the presidency continue to insult the citizens like this and treat us like fools,as if we have no human rights,as fela once said,we be zombie.let the government stop this nonsense he is doing with the nigerian citizens cos silence is not peace..if he thinks he can grant amnesty to a group that has destroyed so many innocent lifes and properties,let him be rest assured that another group will rise from another part of the country,so he should be ready to grant amnesty to whosoever turns violent in this country..i see no reason why u will be the commander in chief and cant act like one..may God deliver us from this satanic governmet of nigeria that has no love for the masses..
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by Malubi(m): 1:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
Ngwakwe: If democracy is the government of, by and for the people, I see no reason why the President shouldn't try to reconcile his decisions with that of majority opinion.

Remember, he is a politician and is still eyeing for a second term mandate from the same people he refuses their opinions.

Even God in the bible ask humans to come and reason with him, and in another verse God said, present your strong reasons.

My conclusion is, apart from the portion I deleted from your text, GEJ or any leader in a democratic setting should not be autocratic rather a listening leader.

@ this point who is he (PRESIDENT) Suppose to listen to when all security chiefs adviced not to grant armnesty? Confused president.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by ckkris: 2:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
Policewoman: ALL OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE HIDDEN!

Hey, this is not moslem section.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
not surprised your president is a typical "UBIQUITOUS POLITICIAN"
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by dederocs(m): 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2013
gymer: A new plan by President Goodluck Jonathan to grant amnesty to members of the violent Boko Haram sect has upset Nigeria’s military chiefs.

Sources at the Presidential Villa, where the military brass met with the President for several hours today, said they tried in vain to convince Mr. Jonathan not to fall into the trap that has been set for him by prominent northern leaders on the issue.

They were said to have told him the security implications of the action and that it could also be interpreted to mean that the President is not a man of his word. Mr. Jonathan has flip-flopped on federal policy against Boko Haram since he took office in 2010.

The military bosses reminded him of his words when he visited Borno State a few weeks ago when he said that there was no way he would grant amnesty to ghosts, stressing that nothing has changed. Mr. Jonathan once said there were members of Boko Haram in his government, but it is not clear if they are still ghosts or he has identified them.

He was also said to have been reminded that many of their men and other security officers have been indiscriminately killed, warning him that telling the rank and file the decision on amnesty could ignite anger in the barracks.

At the end of the lengthy discussion, which lasted for five hours, the President had his way against the genuine advice of the military chiefs, except one. He set up a committee to handle the issue of amnesty.

The committee, whose members are yet to be announced, is to work with the office of the National Security Adviser.

A Presidential source said that the committee will consider the feasibility or otherwise of granting pardon to the Boko Haram members and collate the views of those clamouring for amnesty, as well as recommend modalities for the granting of pardon should such a policy be adopted.

President Jonathan seems to have adopted the argument of the northern elements after meeting with some of their prominent members in Abuja on Wednesday night. Although today he seem highly disposed to the amnesty idea, he is known to change his mind fairly easily.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/military-chiefs-outraged-over-jonathan’s-plan-grant-boko-haram-amnesty
Shame on Nigeria for tolerating a puppet as a president.Nigeria is dead and doomed for destruction by this action of a vain,myopic man-forced on us by political hijackers...we need to rise up,and take back our Nation.Jonathan you are a disgrace to the Niger Delta.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by tomakint: 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
eggheaders:

hey dumbskull,I thought they should have warned that I gat a violent oral.I dinosaur you for talking shyte like your anus blocked.with this foolishness you sound so vulnerable and for your dumb mind I gat two shoes thrown at you plus some couple of f-22 missile to scatter you.I pass mehn.
U don start again with your incoherent verbal jargons when the likes of Ejine, Movingcoil (Walahi I like this guy grin), graetio, FreeGlobe, Mr Globe, and others too numerous to mention descend on you now, the next thing na to go and peep as if Nairaland na 'Peep-show' grin grin Airhead, how far aburo?
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by chronique(m): 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
"it is finished"

If Jonathan tries this,this is definitely the end for Nigeria. I think at this stage,we should be thinking of breaking up as a nation cos this thing will continue in a circle. Their sponsors are already lacking resources to fund them and as such,are asking for amnesty so there would be enough money to fund another onslaught with the new group called jamb. Boko haram will deny any bombing and call for peace while jamb accepts responsibility. The money for amnesty goes into procurement of more bombs and equipments. The same old story will continue in a circle. How do you grant amnesty to a group whose cause defies human logic? A group fighting for a cause that is not tenable. A group that has refused to allow Nigeria to enjoy any form of meaningful development? A group with the sole purpose of killing and destroying anyone that is not Islam? A group that kills because they believe western education is evil? A group with no regard for human lives? A group carrying out the desires of greedy,wicked,selfish and evil northern leaders and politicians who are bitter for not having their way with the presidency being zoned to the north? The north recieves billions of allocation yearly;yet,no meaningful development. If their leaders have refused to develop their zone with the amount of money being given to them,how will amnesty now work for them? Won't it be the same vicious circle? Why re-invent the wheel when you can make a difference with a golden opportunity? Nigeria is not a terrorist nation and terrorism is alien to us. If we don't nip it in the bud now,it will become a massive tool for destruction and disintegration by selfish greedy politicians in the future. If Jonathan grants amnesty to these criminals,we'd be gradually sliding into a state of anarchy cos tomorrow,any group can bring up & make stupid demands and start killing. And when you brand them as terrorists and want a solution,the leaders from such zones will demand amnesty and cite boko haram as a valid case study.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by dederocs(m): 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2013
Shame on Nigeria for tolerating a puppet as a president.Nigeria is dead and doomed for destruction by this action of a vain,myopic man-forced on us by political hijackers...we need to rise up,and take back our Nation.Jonathan you are a disgrace to the Niger Delta.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by dederocs(m): 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
Jonathan is using Nigerians to score political points-he is trying to negotiate with these Northern guys cos of his ambition to come back as president.Jonathan is not meant to be a president,he is just living his life basking in the euphoria of being a president.Nigerians are fools,just because a man is named Jonathan,they rushed and voted him,no slight sense of objectivity in this country.a bunch of foolish noise makers.What do we expect from a stooge,a puppet...
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by greaterlove(m): 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
Granting amnesty to boko haram might be a painful decision but what other alternatives do the president have? i have been up there in the north, i have friends who are currently there, whenever there is a blast in kano, kaduna, maidugiri etc we pick up our phones to call loved ones and also get calls from loved ones if its in your area, i know people who have been affected directly, the people dying are humans and nigerians and its the president's duty to protect them. there are many questions we need to ask, can we stand more deaths from both sides just because we want to fight boko till the end? can we afford to spend almost a trillion yearly on security?. the economy of the north is being affected by this mayhem, both christians and muslims are being affected, those still alive do not know when it will be their turn, we shouldnt just look at it as a problem for the north, it affects every nigerian. i really pray the president makes a stiffer demand from the northern elders, we all know that boko haram have sympathezers from most of these northern elites directly or indirectly, its not a PDP, ACN, ANPP or CPC thing again, boko haram sympathizers cuts across every sector of the country and i guess that was what GEJ meant when he said they are in his government too. i pray the boko haram and all the other groups should come out and drop their weapons, i also hope they understand that amnesty is not about sharing money, i also pray that this move if taken will pitch the northern elites against any group that wants to rise up tomorrow in the north. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by ckkris: 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2013
ndu_chucks:

nwanyi maramma, you need to recognize the distinction between the the Northern elite including past rulers, majority of who belong in jail along with their southern co conspirators, and the ordinary peace loving Northerners.

You should agree with me that most governors and PDP governors in particular, are thieves who belong in jail as well. There is so much injustice taking place in Nigeria against people of every major ethnic group. The perpetrators of these crimes will continue to do so, as long as we choose not to oppose them as the Egyptians and Libyans have done.

Let the moslems in the North follow the example of their type in Libya, Egypt, etc. In the South the women of Abeokuta once chased out an Oba that became unruly, and they can do it again. In the South-east women rose against colonial misrule, and although many were shot dead, evil policies were rescinded. So let aboki uprising confront their oppressive Emirs, princes and titles (sarauta). When Major Chukwuma Nzogwu overthrew the Sardauna, all the oppressed northerners rose up to destroy Nzogwu and all that agreed with him in the East and Mid-west.
If any aboki wants to riot like their fellow moslems, no one from the Middle-belt down to to the South is concerned. Book is haram, but Western made bombs are useful.
Nonsensical bunch of nonsenses.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by OsunOriginal: 2:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
Is this because it will reduce their budget for weapons or what? Kalu once told us the security agents are behind Boko Haram.

I tell you, you wont see boko haram guys coming for amnesty. Anyway, it will be interesting to see some faces of the kingpins like Shekau, etc and their spondors/financiers.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by KnowAll(m): 2:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
[size=16pt]Does the President know what Amnesty means? well, it means all those bad guys in captivity people like Kabiru Sokoto and co. who bombed a church in Suleija would be given a pat in the back and sent to their various homes.

Today, mark my word, another Policeman or a Soldier would be killed somewhere in the North by 'Boko Haram' and no Northern Elder would be able to stop such a sad incidence, in fact to me the word "Amnesty" is akin to Boko Haram shooting the law enforcement officers and in return the officers given them a candy telling them that was not a bad shot. I think it is high time the President take a bow, he is caught between the devil and the deep blue sea and all rational reason has gone out of the window[/size].
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by nduchucks: 2:43pm On Apr 05, 2013
It is very disappointing that our people from the SE who bear the brunt of the BH bombings are not in support of GEJ on this amnesty affair. The senior members of nairaland from the SE have mainly expressed outrage despite the fact that a well implemented amnesty program will reduce violence against their very own brothers and sisters who live up North.

All of una don fall my hand - a bunch of selfish and bigoted buffoons, starting from Eze Onlytruth to PointB who has since gone into hiding. Dan daudu kawai.

1 Like

Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by OsunOriginal: 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2013
KnowAll:
[size=16pt]Does the President know what Amnesty means? well, it means all those bad guys in captivity people like Kabiru Sokoto and co. who bombed a church in Suleija would be given a pat in the back and sent to their various homes.

Today, mark my word, another Policeman or a Soldier would be killed somewhere in the North by 'Boko Haram' and no Northern Elder would be able to stop such a sad incidence, in fact to me the word "Amnesty" is akin to Boko Haram shooting the law enforcement officers and in return the officers given them a candy telling them that was not a bad shot. I think it is high time the President take a bow, he is caught between the devil and the deep blue sea and all rational reason has gone out of the window[/size].

Stop reasoning from your anus. It is you who doesnt know what amnesty means.

Amnesty is not a one way thing. Amnesty means the boko haram militants come out from where ever they might be and surrender their weapons, agree not to be involved in militancy (killing, maiming, bombing, etc) again, sign legal bonds/documents with prescribed consequencies if the agreement is broken, government offers if agreement is not broken, etc.

But why should I be telling you this even after something similar was done for the Niger Delta militants. Can Tonpolo go out there now to attack/kidnap innocent people again after the amnesty?

But I know nobody will come out because the people behind Boko Haram especially their sponsors are from unexpected quarter.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by dederocs(m): 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
ndu_chucks: Some of these military chiefs should remember that they take orders from the commander in chief and that military rule is over. GEJ needs to make an example of a few of them by retiring them instantly.
shut up,you are talking trash...these military men are sacrificing their lives for you daily.if not them,Goodluck for don run leave Aso rock.mumu.
Show the military some respect,there are the ones giving you the freedom you use to move freely now,and do all you love to do unmolested by some barbarians.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
I don't mind Jonathan granting amnesty to boko haram bt it should not be compensationary n it shdn't b unconditional.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by Ogb21(m): 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
I trust Baba na him no dey carry last 4 dis kinda things,If say na him dey power now eh!Thumbs up OBJ.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by naptu2: 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
These kinds of amnesty deals, although they are difficult, are not strange or unique to Nigeria.

For example, in order to end the conflict between the UK Government vs The IRA vs Ulster Militants, the government had to reach amnesty deals and release several notorious prisoners, despite protests from victims and their relatives, in order to broker the peace that residents of Northern Ireland currently enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by OsunOriginal: 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
ndu_chucks: It is very disappointing that our people from the SE who bear the brunt of the BH bombings are not in support of GEJ on this amnesty affair. The senior members of nairaland from the SE have mainly expressed outrage despite the fact that a well implemented amnesty program will reduce violence against their very own brothers and sisters who live up North.

All of una don fall my hand - a bunch of selfish and bigoted buffoons, starting from Eze Onlytruth to PointB who has since gone into hiding. Dan daudu kawai.

Man, an average villager from SE is always happy each time he hears about bombing in the north or attack on a church - that is the truth. It helps their course and their wish is for this to escalate futher - you can see the evil mindset?

Whoever is not in support of amnesty is a lover of violence, killing and bombing. They may even be the one indirectly inciting the illiterates in the north and financing them in disguise.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by KnowAll(m): 2:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
Stop reasoning from your anus. It is you who doesnt know what amnesty means.

Amnesty is not a one way thing. Amnesty means the boko haram militants come out from where ever they might be and surrender their weapons, agree not to be involved in militancy (killing, maiming, bombing, etc) again, sign legal bonds/documents with prescribed consequencies if the agreement is broken, government offers if agreement is not broken, etc.

But why should I be telling you this even after something similar was done for the Niger Delta militants. Can Tonpolo go out there now to attack/kidnap innocent people again after the amnesty?

But I know nobody will come out because the people behind Boko Haram especially their sponsors are from unexpected quarter.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

[size=16pt]If your uncle is in the front line as a Policeman or Soldier and he or she is killed today, I wonder whether u will be singing this Amnesty song[/size]!!
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by nduchucks: 2:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
naptu2: These kinds of amnesty deals, although they are difficult, are not strange or unique to Nigeria.

For example, in order to end the conflict between the UK Government vs The IRA vs Ulster Militants, the government had to reach amnesty deals and release several notorious prisoners, despite protests from victims and their relatives, in order to broker the peace that residents of Northern Ireland currently enjoy.

Please educate these people, jare.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by dederocs(m): 2:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
Rossikk: If amnesty will bring peace, why not?

Or do you people prefer the bombs that have been dropping to peace?

The govt will find it hard to crush BH physically because BH do not have a standing army that is fighting a frontal war against the govt. They're like a guerrilla outfit. Hide and seek. To really go at them would mean mass casualties of the innocent. Nobody wants that, so the next thing is amnesty. Let God judge the killers in His own time.

If you think this will bring peace,you are the biggest fool.This will encourage more politicians to invite various factions of terrorists in order to get their way.
Ansarudeen,Alquada and others will see the weakness in our system,and they will unleash more brazen mayhem on Nigeria.The only language bad men understand is force and ruthlessness-they are babarians...only know how to kill and destroy.These Northern leaders will go and arrange some of thier thugs and parade them as terrorists.no real terrorists will neglect their islamic ideology.We are doomed,its a shame Nigerians are so short sighted-we are not even considering our kids-we are fostering terrorists in our lands,that will destroy our kids and country tomorow.SHAME
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by OsunOriginal: 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
KnowAll:

[size=16pt]If your uncle is in the front line as a Policeman or Soldier and he or she is killed today, I wonder whether u will be singing this Amnesty song[/size]!!

Is that why killing of innocent people by boko haram must continue? Do you know the number of innocent people that die daily?

Over three years now, have we been able to stop boko haram killing of police, soldier and civilians?

Stop reasoning like a villager.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by greaterlove(m): 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2013
naptu2: These kinds of amnesty deals, although they are difficult, are not strange or unique to Nigeria.

i agree with you, it might be painful but we need peace.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by kettykin: 3:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
ndu_chucks: It is very disappointing that our people from the SE who bear the brunt of the BH bombings are not in support of GEJ on this amnesty affair. The senior members of nairaland from the SE have mainly expressed outrage despite the fact that a well implemented amnesty program will reduce violence against their very own brothers and sisters who live up North.

Granting of Amnesty to a terrorist Organisation is the beginning of the end of Nigeria , i liken it to given your enemy money when he is down and out . i pity the gullible Nigerians who have been deceived Amnesty is meant for insurgents and not terrorist , other wise Americans would have offered Al qaeda Amnesty and israel would have offered Hamas
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by aurenflani: 3:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
kettykin:

Granting of Amnesty to a terrorist Organisation is the beginning of the end of Nigeria , i liken it to given your enemy money when he is down and out . i pity the gullible Nigerians who have been deceived Amnesty is meant for insurgents and not terrorist , other wise Americans would have offered Al qaeda Amnesty and israel would have offered Hamas

How is Hamas a terrorist organization?
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by greaterlove(m): 3:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
kettykin:

dont you think america will want to negotiate if a group of evangelicals in america become militarized and are bombing govermnent institutions because of something like gay marriage/praying in public schools etc? Al qada are not americans, boko haram is within us.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by kettykin: 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
aurenflani:

How is Hamas a terrorist organization?

Hamas victims are 90 % innocent civilians, Hamas has been using Rockets attacks against southern Israel

HAMAS in June 2008 entered into a six-month agreement with Israel that significantly reduced rocket attacks. Following the temporary calm, HAMAS resumed its rocket attacks, which precipitated a major military operation launched by Israel on 27 December 2008. After destroying much of HAMAS’s infrastructure in the Gaza Strip, Israel declared a unilateral cease-fire on 18 January 2009. Since 2009, HAMAS has worked to rein in attacks from other groups and enforce the cease-fire, though sporadic
low-level attacks against Israeli forces along the Gaza border have continued.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by Yujin(m): 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2013
The tectonic plates beneath Nigeria though faulty all the while is just about to slide. Expect an eruption.
Criminals and vampires rewarded(compensated) while traumatised law abiding victims are not rehabilitated talk more of compensated. As long as you allow another man give you conditions in an issue between both of you, you can never win. This is the strategy of the core north's elders and by default the psychological prowess of the Hausa/Fulani in politics. We know them in and out. Unfortunately, it has always delivered them their expected victory. Until the majority of the people of Nigeria realize that the present Nigeria was designed to make them slaves and hence seek freedom, the much expected peace, progress and unity CAN NEVER BE ACHIEVED. The bond masters here are majorly the ACF members. SE was conquered by war, SW was conquered by giving the condition of a one mile corridor from Offa in Kwara state to Apapa Wharf or to join in the unjustified war used to conquer the SE. The SS was conquered by trickery- they were deceived, used against there own brothers and dumped while the Middlebelt were long sold to the bond masters by Lord Lugard. Today, CAN Northern region is crying genocide but nobody seem to have a voice to come to their aid. Doesn't it tell you something? From Bauchi, Plateau, Kaduna, Nassarawa, Borno, Benue etc, the carnage remains thesame by one and thesame aggressors but nobody seem to have the balls to challenge the status quo. Now amnesty for renowed serial vampires has practically been shoved down the president's throat and no strong group has come out to register their displeasure. Its a shame. I repeat if you allow the Hausa/Fulani to have their way, the complete conquest of Nigeria would be the greatest conquest of africans by indigenous africans.
However, some of us will do our bits for the love of mankind and posterity.
Adieu Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Indians And Kenyans Working At The Nigerian Embassy In Qatar" - Twitter User / Marwa Alleges Plan To Manipulate Election Results In Southeast, South South / Adebo Ogundoyin Becomes Speaker Oyo Assembly At 32 Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.