Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. (1697 Views)

ADVICE On The Best Gift To Give An EX On Her Wedding. / Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? / My Married Ex Wants To Compensate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by jhydebaba(m): 11:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
As many would argue that it is wrong for u to call ur EX especially when they are married, I'm still of the opinion that u need to keep contact with ur EX afterall u guys once enjoyed life together and should not stop communicating just because something happened and u can no longer become man and wife.

I never won the argument but I want to present a case for further argument.

I dated this girl back then, we had a very good time together, permit me to say that we were best of friend. I use to go to her parent's house, her father became a friend and also her sibling.

Due to the fact that I was uncertain about the future and I was not ready to walk her down the aisle being a final year student then (a mistake I regret up till this moment). I kept a lil bit distance from her, went for NYSC and reduced the calls. She got fed up and accidentally got pregnant for a guy (though she considered abortion *that's a story for another day*). She gave birth to the child and also married the guy.

We never lost contact though, but when all these church fanatics I work with told me in a heated argument that it is not right for me to call my ex, I stopped calling.
I ran into her father today and the father was like she was rushed to the hospital yesterday cuz she collapsed due to a brief illness.
I now asked myself, what does the father expect me to do? Why did he tell me about the daughter's sickness and all that baring in mind that I am an ex and the daughter is legally married?

Now, is it justified if I call her phone to ask after her health or I should just stick to the belief that it is wrong to call an ex no matter the situation?
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by Nobody: 2:14am On Apr 09, 2013
It is not wring to call her, but it is wrong to start to chop the thing again.
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by jhydebaba(m): 1:16pm On May 02, 2013
tpacalipse: It is not wring to call her, but it is wrong to start to chop the thing again.
cool cool
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by firetrap(m): 2:03pm On May 02, 2013
its wrong on so many levels
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 02, 2013
I wanted to say WRONG! but I changed my mind..u can but once in a blue moon
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 02, 2013
My married ex bf do call me but I hardly pick his calls....even if I do,I talk as if am busy or in a hurry to drop and ....He is married so I believe his chapter in my life is CLOSED!!! undecided
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by jhydebaba(m): 11:25am On May 03, 2013
lynpetra: My married ex bf do call me but I hardly pick his calls....even if I do,I talk as if am busy or in a hurry to drop and ....He is married so I believe his chapter in my life is CLOSED!!! undecided
not in extreme cases even?
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by Nobody: 6:47am On May 05, 2013
I rather send a prayer message than call.
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by 190: 6:56am On May 05, 2013
I cannot categorically say one thing now and my OGA at the top
Would say another thing

That's why I'm keeping quiet especially when the said girl is nigerian

undecided
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by jhydebaba(m): 1:24pm On May 05, 2013
190 n Nigerian girls: inseparable twins tongue
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by MrsChima(f): 1:31pm On May 05, 2013
I am still friends with guys I have dated but I do not call them unless it is to get information but I prefer email.

Communicate with your mate about what you are doing that way she or he can be assured you are not hiding anything.
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by aniiii(f): 3:51pm On May 05, 2013
Very right!
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by 190: 3:53pm On May 05, 2013
jhydebaba: 190 n Nigerian girls: inseparable twins tongue

undecided
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by jhydebaba(m): 10:07am On May 06, 2013
aniiii: Very right!
Are u married How does ur husband feels when u talk with ur ex(s) on phone
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 06, 2013
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by ayoremilekun: 11:57am On Jun 30, 2015
if u do not have feelings for her anymore u can call her. u have to be sure she doesn't too.
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by jhydebaba(m): 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2015
ayoremilekun:
if u do not have feelings for her anymore u can call her. u have to be sure she doesn't too.

Well said, but how do you prove this
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by amajato: 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2015
Na old fire wood dey catch fire pass o. So be careful
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by pharah(f): 1:12pm On Aug 25, 2015
U can call 2 check on her but make sure u more careful so u dnt fall bck inlove wit her
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by grad2012(f): 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
Very very wrong
Re: Calling Ur Married EX On Phone: Right Or Wrong?. by rexycul4(f): 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2015
right, but it should not be a habit

(1) (Reply)

Emma And Stephen Who To Chosen. / The Story Of My Immediate Life. I Need Advice / How To Know A Female Virgin ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.