Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (347553 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 3:15am On Sep 09, 2013
larger

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 09, 2013
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 09, 2013
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Atouke: 8:45am On Sep 09, 2013
^^ @anylove100 do you know who musiwa 1h is in Nairaland?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 09, 2013
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Atouke: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2013
anylove100: No,why do you ask?

because your views are like his and like him you are posting things that are not relevant to the topic at hand. you like musiwa you are deluded with self grandeur and u require immediate psychological help. Have you taken your medication today?
you should google musiwa 1h i think the two of you will get along nicely.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 09, 2013
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by StEdwin(m): 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
anylove100: you are the only person i want to discuss with here as these other morons have no clue what they are talking about.I have attached some pictures as a vision for akwa Ibom,dont you think the Akwa Ibom should be a Mega city?in my vision i visualize a downtown business district with skyscrapers/apartments etc in mbo and Ibeno area with a seaport and bridge from oron to calabar. basically there should be 3 superhighways running from north akwa ibom to south and 4 from east to west to makes easier access anywhere in the city within 30 minutes.uyo,oron,ikot ekpene,itu,okobo etc will all be suburbs with white picket fences.every house has to be destroyed and suburbs built from scratch in arrangement,those whose houses are destroyed will be compensated.and there has to be building code laws so that private entities will not build any mediocre architecture but follow the standard of that particular area,even an Auto workshop must be modern.so for example if you want to build a house in ikot ekpene or uruan it must be no less than 10,000square feet on nothing less than 3 acres and the fence must be low,basically all suburb/neighborhood planning must make it securable from theft or home invasion.i think such laws will be highly beneficial and aid organization.all those villages have to be destroyed,move the people all to the city apartments etc with compensation and build suburbs on the lands.every civilized society needs laws 1.if you want to be a police officer you must be built 6 feet tall,educated and mannered etc 2.it is illegal for any child to hawk ,their parents will be imprisoned 3.any teacher who spanks a student and any college proffesor who sexually harrass a female student or any cop who demands bribe will be imprisoned for 1000years 4.abolish and close down all boarding schools 4.cctv camera on highways etc,street name sign on every street.etc 5.destroy ,Ban and expell all churches and religions from the city,there is only one true religion from God and it is "love your neighbor as you love yourself,God is love,love means to be humble,forgiving,peaceable,charitable etc when you die which everyone eventually will,you go to heaven or hell,simple as that.in the city there will be only one big cathedral downtown and branches in the city suburbs,we can call it "the calabar baptist church " or "Church of God",the only doctrine will be to love your neighbor as you love yourself as christ said and nothing else.do not put offering or give anyone tithe instead give the money to the poor,no miracles welcomed, no crusades welcomed.if sick go to hospital,if you have dream,pray to God ,work hard and believe in your dreams.anyone who opposes the vision outlined above should be expelled from the city .

That's exactly what I envision. And it's not difficult to achieve such. Akwa Ibom state on it's own has a strategic location. It can play a regional role as a potential area for the business, tourism, medicine, aviation, and other sectors. It's role can span from a Niger delta/South South to a bright of biafra to central africa emerging economy. All it takes is wholesome, focused, dedicated and disciplined approach.
I agree with you with respect to majority of ur points except for the religious aspect cos Akwa Ibom people are seriously religious and they love to exercise that especially with the numerous "Channels", "Prophets", and "Prayer Houses". However, I believe like every society, religious activities can be regulated and perhaps made in such a way as not to create or infringe on another person's beliefs. But it's safe to say Akwa Ibom is predominantly a Christian state.
Another very interesting point I want to raise is to avoid the syndrome of congested capitals like every other city in Nigeria, places like Uruan and Ikot Ekpene like u rightly said should be developed into massive urban residential areas. This is not an impossible plan of action, infact this is something I have in my head and I can and believe at the appropriate time I will make the adequate real estate investment in such areas....., sometimes, waiting for the government is just going to make one lose his creativity and innovative ideas.
Like you rightly said, adequate planning, has to be put in place to make the state look exceptional. A masterplan has to be drawn.
Industrial settlements should not be mixed with residential settlements like ikot ekpene, uruan or administrative cities like uyo.
Entertainment, tourism should belong to Ibeno cos of the amazing beach view they have.
Aerotropolis as they call it......can go to Oron......

Subway systems or a well designed light rail for the state should be in place cos as such developments take place the influx of people will create huge pressure on the roads.... likewise there should be bicycle lanes on small roads, which such lanes adorned with tall trees on the sidewalks.........

While all this is in place, there should be an automated data system that provides information on every individual entering and leaving the state, residing and doing business within the state.

To tell u the truth, if there's any state that can benefit from all the Medical tourism Nigerians are going to india for it's AKS.
Or even the new crazy sensation of going to dubai for weddings, AKS can pull it off better.....
All it takes is a well supervised private sector and disciplined government.
BTW, the picture of the new hospital being constructed is ugly......Whoever designed that is simply living in the 17th century.....They are modern hospitals in the U.S, Thailand, India, being constructed with glass. When patients get there, a mere sight of the hospital gives them hope of a better health.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
One of the reasons Nigeria has failed to develop is our deep rooted culture. The major problem Amaechi encountered in Port-Harcourt is in demolition of slums which people viewed as their traditional homes. Demolition of villages and re-planning could lead to serious crisis in Nigeria.

Any100 my visionary friend, you'll get killed if you attempt to actualize your vision in Nigeria.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 11:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
uyo streets from a different angle

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 11:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
more pic

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 12:01am On Sep 11, 2013
larger

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 12:14am On Sep 11, 2013
uyo

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 12:41am On Sep 11, 2013
rural roads in aks

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 11, 2013
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 11, 2013
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:04am On Sep 11, 2013
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 11, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Bros you don travel see Nigeria? You don go Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Rivers? Hmmm... stop watching NTA... my simples advice wink

he may not have travelled all these places but i have...

Akwa ibom is the most beautiful city in Nigeria. abuja aside...
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 11, 2013
mmmustapha: Dis city is a village compare with port hercourt or kaduna

calling you "bush man" is an understatement..

you be early man(homo-erectus)...
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2013
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1299820_y_4_jpg1c1a33d940477fda0293da1ead1ffbc4

Just look at the difference in a city when the authorities have imbibed the sidewalk and lawn culture, as opposed to that open gutter and sand nonsense. This place could be anywhere in LA, Tokyo, or Paris. Kudos to the Akpabio administration. Other states, look and learn.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
uyo is truely beautiful but the blind can doubt this.This another emerging city in nigeria.......................
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
Updates on the progress on the construction of the stadium pic courtesy of Tbite

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
the external cladding of the stadium will be great that will be the first stadium in Nigeria with such facade six frames that will hold the facade are already up!. Akwa ibom state setting the pace once again on good infrastructure.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
updates calling on all akwa ibomites/resident in aks to take pictures of all projects that going on in the state and update these thread please. thank you

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by londoner: 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
Now this is what you get, when you see to it that construction projects are completed to high standards. Much of this is in the superior finishing.

All cities and towns in Nigeria could look like this very easily...........but they wont set any standards in most places.

Uyo deserves to be visited.....
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
pls if you enjoy this thread help keep it going especially those resident or visiting the state, take pictures of the state and upload it here if you have pictures but dont know how to upload it pls contact greatermann@gmail.com thank you
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
anylove100: Nigerians generally have low standards,expectations and yardstick of good governance and why do you guys like taking the same fvcking pictures from different angles its ridiculous and annoying,don't get me wrong the pictures are not too bad but uyo is just 6 percent of entire akwa ibom and the roads beautified are only 4 long tourist road leading to hotels and government secretariat etc obviously a visitor will only go through on the major road and think everywhere is like that and infact even the roads and everywhere looks hazy,low quality to the eyes with sand/disel on the road sides (and this is in real life not make believe pictures,i have even seen few/tiny minor potholes springing up on some parts of the roads(the pictures above arevnicer because the roads was just completed),.inside the town theres nothing ,other few roads in akwa ibom tarred are not up to standard of the 4 long roads with markings in uyo town,it makes no sense to me,the entire state could be like dubai by now but the governor is stealing billions and impoverishing the akwa ibom people,theres massive poverty in akwa ibom,i can take nice pictures of somalia and show you.library is a waste and not in use why not give that money to the people .the stadium is good and will be needed.theres international airport and seaport in calabar,enugu,owerri,port harcourt why build another one instead of pumping all that money on manufacturing to create employment..i'll tell you if the governor created only constant electricity and the roads are bad and theres no library and airport he would be the greatest governor.
it pisses me of that the governor is praised,is he doing anyone a favour? i am a very frank person I dont give a fvck what you think .thats my own honest review

It will continue to pain you because Akpabio is the best governor Akwa Ibom has ever had and we shall continue to sing his praise. as for pictures of uyo. relax they are coming,get a high blood pressure med for more pics of uyo/ aks will continue to flood this thread.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Atouke: 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
@anylove 100 which country are you from?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by londoner: 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
Anylove 100.....the four nice roads and two shopping malls yoy are scoffing at, is a small sign of hope that thinbgs can actually change for the better.

Its is not the final destination, we already know that......but it is a much awaited glimmer of hope. The small shoot of greenery after the bush fire.

If you have been around Nigeria as extensively as you have, you should really know what people have had to endure, by way of just being neglected and overlooked for development.

Especially in the region you are discussing.

I don't dispute what you assert either, but you are discussing a people who had already resigned themselves to not even those small things, as you see them being a reality in their lifetime.

If you are told and also believed you are paralysed and will never walk again, the day you can stand shakily, wouldn't you celebrate it.....even if all your mates are winning 100m gold medals?

Its not because you want to stand shakily forever, but it is a sign there you can build on that small beginning. And with that hope.......you will reach your potential.

Your statement, although fact, does not account for the whole reality.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.