Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,610 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (347444 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by kel4soft: 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
ujoinme:
Watch the video below you will hear from the governors mouth at about 4:01 the number and length of most of the roads he built. you are welcome Akpabios works speaks for himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T32GCKOqW-Q#t=263

The video is for what? I don't air time to waste. I hope you name atleast 6 dualised roads in Uyo city constructed started and completed by Akpabio.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 11:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
A rural road in Akwa Ibom, neat and green

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by kel4soft: 11:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
I expected you as resident of Uyo to know the number of roads dualised by your Governor.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
kel4soft:

The video is for what? I don't air time to waste. I hope you name atleast 6 dualised roads in Uyo city constructed started and completed by Akpabio.

In that case you dont deserve fact, he who needs fact must invest time to find it. quit intellectual laziness.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 11:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
Uyo Storm Drain: in bid to solve the flood problems that plagues the state due to the flat nature of Uyo, the government has embarked on about 4km storm drain project with several receptacles that runs from the tropicana entertainment centre in Uyo all the way to Mbikpong in ibesikpo asutan LGA where it empties into a natural pond.

this is quite an ambitious project and is handled by julius berger this is in addition to the extensive pipe jacked underground drainage in Uyo and Abak LGA respectively which were completed and put to use about a year ago.

Yet another proactive tool by the government to combat flooding menace in the state.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 01, 2013
kel4soft: I expected you as resident of Uyo to know the number of roads dualised by your Governor.
i will give you dualised federal roads;Ekom iman-Ekit itam federal high way,uyo-abak highway,aka-nnung udoe dual carriage way with the biggest round about in nigeria,uyo-oron road{the airport road},uyo-ikotekpene-aba federal highway,currently dualising eket-etinan road,ekit itam-ikot oko ikono road...,If you no fit pronounce am,SORRI
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 12:40am On Dec 01, 2013
A rural road traversing Utu Nshege village in Ukanafun LGA

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 01, 2013
ujoinme: Uyo Storm Drain: in bid to solve the flood problems that plagues the state due to the flat nature of Uyo, the government has embarked on about 4km storm drain project with several receptacles that runs from the tropicana entertainment centre in Uyo all the way to Mbikpong in ibesikpo asutan LGA where it empties into a natural pond.

this is quite an ambitious project and is handled by julius berger this is in addition to the extensive pipe jacked underground drainage in Uyo and Abak LGA respectively which were completed and put to use about a year ago.

Yet another proactive tool by the government to combat flooding menace in the state.
Make nobody insult Akpabio abeg,that man has overdone biko.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by StEdwin(m): 10:23am On Dec 01, 2013
Emmadani: ode,you dnt knw what to say again.badbelle to the core.

I simply don't want to dignify ur petty sycophancy with a response. Go and meet someone of ur pay-grade and likemindedness.....
If in the 21st century, u can be deceived and manipulated based on ethnic sentiments......You are on a long thing....hian
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by StEdwin(m): 10:32am On Dec 01, 2013
kel4soft: OP
It looks like there are repetition pictures frokm different angles.

Even when I watched the uncommon transformation on television. I noticed same thing.
I will appreciate if you will give me the names of all roads started and completed by Akpabio. Exclude the ones started or completed by Victor Attah.

I would like to know
1. How many dualised roads (length and width) with their names
2. The length and width of each road
3. How many flyovers and sizes (span and width)

Thank you.

Same thing I have been telling these political noisemakers.
How can you take pictures of the same road at different angles and post online as "uncommon transformation". That's just taking the public intelligence for a ride......
This kind of propaganda is sooo 1940, u can't come online and fool the populace.....
19billion naira monthly allocation can do more than that......
Thank you again for properly asking these sycophants....maybe they will begin to realise people are not fools
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by StEdwin(m): 10:39am On Dec 01, 2013
Emmadani: i will give you dualised federal roads;Ekom iman-Ekit itam federal high way,uyo-abak highway,aka-nnung udoe dual carriage way with the [b]biggest round about in nigeria,[/b]uyo-oron road{the airport road},uyo-ikotekpene-aba federal highway,currently dualising eket-etinan road,ekit itam-ikot oko ikono road...,If you no fit pronounce am,SORRI

@bolded -What the hell? Are we this developmentally retarded that people now enumerate the size of a 'roundabout' as an achievement? Mon Dieu! Abasi mbok nyang ndito nfo.....Jesus Christ!!! A road with the biggest roundabout is now a milestone?
Lord Have Mercy!!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
St. Edwin:

I simply don't want to dignify ur petty sycophancy with a response. Go and meet someone of ur pay-grade and likemindedness.....
If in the 21st century, u can be deceived and manipulated based on ethnic sentiments......You are on a long thing....hian
this thread is not meant for haters like you that would always criticize gud tinz,haters will always die as a result of hatred and jealousy,let me not say your life would be cut of short,it might seem harsh..,but guy,you are on a shooort thing.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2013
St. Edwin:

@bolded -What the hell? Are we this developmentally retarded that people now enumerate the size of a 'roundabout' as an achievement? Mon Dieu! Abasi mbok nyang ndito nfo.....Jesus Christ!!! A road with the biggest roundabout is now a milestone?
Lord Have Mercy!!
lol,that wan is not enough 4 you mr hater.dnt allow me start breaking record for you o.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by StEdwin(m): 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
Emmadani: this thread is not meant for haters like you that would always criticize gud tinz,haters will always die as a result of hatred and jealousy,let me not say your life would be cut of short,it might seem harsh..,but guy,you are on a shooort thing.

If constructive criticism can be misconstrued as 'hating' from whatever village you come from, Then there's no hope. Lord, please bless my country with mentally sound people.
How does my constructive criticism degenerate into ur cutting one's lifespan.... My argument stands.... Akpabio has done a few projects which are not commiserate with the monthly allocation he receives....You and your fellow likes should ask for his accountability.
Secondly, you guys should quit taking pictures of the same roads at different angles, that's an insult to the public.
Thirdly, if you can't constructively respond to my proposition in an Educated and mature manner without resorting to name calling and labelling one as "haters" or whatever, just don't bother replying.....It is as simple as it can be.

P.S: I just typed all that in simple English, if you don't understand, don't bother. Just to avoid you asking another fellow of ur likemindedness to explain and he or she might also interpret this as "haters"......
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by StEdwin(m): 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2013
Emmadani: lol,that wan is not enough 4 you mr hater.dnt allow me start breaking record for you o.

Don't bother....before you start listing records like biggest governor's lodge, or biggest pedestrian bridge, longest flyover....."
"Biggest roundabout" in d 21st century, ke ewo aben a nam ata ekamba n kpo......Lol....I laugh in buganda.....
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 01, 2013
stedwin,if your job on this thread is to criticize,pls kindly unfollow,thr are many other threads for you to express your frustration,and am quite sure your eyes aren't disabled for you not to see clearly the topic of this thread.we need peace here.And if you know you aren't insane,dnt quote me again or better still,show me you are truly insane.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
Its time to give update on the tropicana entertainment centre! If you live near this centre please take pictures and post it here.
We will like to know whats going on with the mall, The amusement park, the hotel and the conference centre thanks

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ChimaAgbalajob: 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
[size=15pt]Godswill Akpabio is really a great transformer.
But all he has done so far is tantamount to doing nice body work and paint job to a car.
He is yet to put in an engine to drive the whole system.

Akwa Ibom needs to liaise with multinational oil companies to build the Ibom refinery.The rejection of the Amakpe refinery plan does not mean the state should give up its quest to build an Ibom refinery. Even a small mini-refinery of 25,000 bpd will unlock Akwa Ibom potential and kick start a lot of economic activities in the state that will shock even Akpabio himself.
While the multinational oil company should be allowed to manage the refinery like a true business without much meddling from the state government and pay dividend to Akwa Ibom State Government as they would to a major share holder in any business.

Unless, the emigration of Akwa Ibom youths going elsewhere to look for work is stemmed by building business generating infrastructure in Akwa Ibom state such as oil refineries and a deep seaport, we have not got it right. Until the youths and talented young people can come to Akwa Ibom to find work and live just like going to Abuja,PH or Lagos, the transformation agenda will continue to be driven by government which is not sustainable. Also completion of the Ibaka deep-seaport will help make AK state a maritime hub and complement the activity of the airport.

[/size]
[size=28pt]1. The Ibom Oil Refinery
2. The Ibaka deep seaport.
[/size]
[size=16pt]The 2 engines to drive Akwa Ibom's future of prosperity[/size]

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
^^ i agree with you on your above points. but i don't want govt building business its not sustainable but they should rather grant incentives to give investors the opportunity to get it done
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Ozonna(m): 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
What's the latest on Ibaka deep seaport
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by pendusky(m): 5:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
Leading Twitter handles of Akwa Ibom people you should follow...

Please add yours for others to know and follow...

@GovAkpabio
@aniekemefinbarr
@pendusky
@promiseetim25
@speakibiobio
@UyoTraffic
@itycyril
@EricEkwere
@aniumana
@raphedem1
@iniobongmonday2...

get the full list here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1541359/ibibio-sons-daughters-twitter-handles#19966293

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ChimaAgbalajob: 6:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
ujoinme: ^^ i agree with you on your above points. but i don't want govt building business its not sustainable but they should rather grant incentives to give investors the opportunity to get it done

I agree completely that government should not run businesses, but in some instances especially involving heavy industries,they must initially build them before handing them over to competent companies to run. Remember the multi-national oil companies make decisions on share holders money which they must explain to them. Many shareholders will strangle them if they take such a huge risk with their money to invest in a virgin territory like Akwa ibom.

You and I know that it makes good business sense for Mobil or Texaco to build a refinery in Akwa Ibom where they already own oil wells, but their major share holders in Texas, London and New York already see more investment in Nigeria (Even as minor as drilling new oil wells) as a very big toxic risk which they are not prepared to take.
Outside Nigeria, the name "Nigeria" evokes a lot of negative feeling of scam,violence,Islamic feudalism, a failed state which could implode without notice. Of course,that is why it is getting harder to convince oil companies to increase oil production in Nigeria, while they are quadrupling oil production by launching new oil wells every day in Angola and Libya!
When they occasionally want to invest in Nigeria, they may feel more comfortable investing in Lagos or Port Harcourt because these areas are reputed as business areas. Therefore,the Akwa Ibom State government must break the ice by taking the lead to build the refinery with mostly its own funds. Then, you will see the multi-national oil companies will kill for the chance to manage it and make it profitable!

It is exactly the formula China used about 30 to 40 years ago when it built strategic industries for its economic take-off and then ceded control to private companies to run them. Similar to what Nigeria has finally done with the power sector. The only difference is that all the private companies that bought our power sector are fronts for politicians and none have experience nor financial muscle to invest in power plants to enable the country achieve the desired goal. Unlike in the case of China, all the private companies that bought over the state assets were experts in that field and therefore knew what needed to be done to improve the field.That is why i am of the opinion that partners to Ibom refinery are foreign companies, not Nigerian companies owned by corrupt politicians that know nothing about how to run a business efficiently. But, the foundation infrastructure was initially provided by the Chinese state and must be provided by AKSG.

Therefore,when you desire a critical project to drive your future urgently, it is better build it and then hand it over to competent foreign companies with a proven track record of managing similar projects to run it as a true business. Because they take part of the profit, they have just as much incentive to keep making profit just as you the government that built it. The problem with Nigeria had been the government builds the company and wants to run it like a civil service parastatal.Which ofcourse it will fail because government workers often want hefty pay for doing nothing.That is the disastrous way of the past that you and I agree is a failed formula that must not be attempted.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 12:27am On Dec 04, 2013
^^ the job of government is not to build industries! Govt has no business in business, Governor Akpabio should not spend the state funds in building industries especially heavy industries.
But rather as i stated earlier create an enabling environment for the private sector to invest/establish business in the state by providing good road networks like he is doing,Setting up parastatals whose sole responsibility is to reduce the ease of doing business in the state,by making land acquisition easy for would be investors and using those land as govt. equity in the investments, and also as a govt assume a business/ investor friendly posture within an outside the country.

The only business that AKSG should be involved in is in small/middle scale (SME) business by offering incentives for residents of the state in form of subsidized loans directly or indirectly through banks of Gov financial outlets to serious entrepreneurs especially farmers/Agribusiness and farming should be funded by the state as a business and not funded as political developmental projects as is the case currently.

The paramount business of Govt. is to invest heavily on infrastructures such roads, drainages,water, electricity/power, air/seaport,security hospitals,Education ETC.

Thats why am very much in support of the second point you raised The Ibaka Seaport should be seen as the number 1 top priority for the state of Akwa Ibom if we want to unlock the the economic/industrial potential of the state/region. It cannot be done without that seaport.once that is in place it will be very difficult for any investor coming into Nigeria to avoid the state - with a functional deep seaport, airport, good road/distribution network, gas/electricity supply etc. what AKSG is slowly putting in place are the bedrock of industrialization my only gripe is that its not taking the seaport project as serious as they should.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 12:42am On Dec 04, 2013
ujoinme: ^^ the job of government is not to build industries! Govt has no business in business, Governor Akpabio should not spend the state funds in building industries especially heavy industries.
But rather as i stated earlier create an enabling environment for the private sector to invest/establish business in the state by providing good road networks like he is doing,Setting up parastatals whose sole responsibility is to reduce the ease of doing business in the state,by making land acquisition easy for would be investors and using those land as govt. equity in the investments, and also as a govt assume a business/ investor friendly posture within an outside the country.

The only business that AKSG should be involved in is in small/middle scale (SME) business by offering incentives for residents of the state in form of subsidized loans to serious entrepreneurs and farmers/Agribusiness (small scale). and farming should be funded by the state as a business and not funded as political developmental projects.

The paramount business of Govt. is to invest heavily on infrastructures such roads, drainages,water, electricity/power, air/seaport,security hospitals,Education ETC.

Thats why am very much in support of the second point you raised The Ibaka Seaport should be seen as the number 1 top priority for the state of Akwa Ibom if we want to unlock the the economic/industrial potential of the state/region. It cannot be done without that seaport.once that is in place it will be very difficult for any investor coming into Nigeria to avoid the state - with a functional deep seaport, airport, good road/distribution network, gas/electricity supply etc. what AKSG is slowly putting in place are the bedrock of industrialization my only gripe is that its not taking the seaport project as serious as they should.

I will not even advice any Governor to work towards industrialization unless Agric based. Akwa-Ibom can go big if the government invests heavily in enpowerment of farmers and agricultural research. I don't know if I'm the only Nigerian that knows this and maybe former President Obasanjo. Food first and others follow.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Atouke: 12:53am On Dec 04, 2013
@ ujoinme you are correct Akpabio needs to hasten up with the deep seaport. At this point i know he will not be able to complete the seaport but he should do the ground breaking/awarding of contract so construction can begin.and the governor who succeeds him should do everything to complete the project just like Akpabio/Attah did for the airport.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 7:19am On Dec 06, 2013
In as much as I believe the ibaka seaport will ignite more economic activities in akwa ibom I also believe that the government should create industrial clusters in selected advantaged areas and equip them properly then hand over to the management to the respective trade unions in the state. Eg. A place like ikot ekpene is known making good quality wood products especially doors and rafia. The govt will then establish an industrial zone (s) in ikot ekpene and equip it with the state of the art machining tools and provide other dedicated infrastructure like power, water etc then handover the day to day management of the place to their union there. The maintenance of the zone and upkeep of the executives wil purely come from the proceeds of the rentals of the equipment. The same could be done in the oron area with the fish industry. The palm oil industry etc. This will help people who have the skills and might not have the capital to invest in machinery to access the machinery and get their business started. skills have to be honed and harnessed for it to really benefit from the establishment of the seaport which should be made more export oriented in my opinion.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 08, 2013
Latest render of Ibom airport: According to the link below, the terminal building will cost 120 million Euros (N26.02bn)
http://www.kingdomarchitecture.com/project/new-uyo/

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 08, 2013
More

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 08, 2013
CFCfan: Latest render of Ibom airport: According to the link below, the terminal building will cost 120 million Euros (N26.02bn)
http://www.kingdomarchitecture.com/project/new-uyo/

Omg shocked

I must visit this airport. When its complete of course.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by 4Play(m): 9:55am On Dec 08, 2013
Uyo doesn't need a major airport. Consumer demand should drive airport construction and there is no unmet demand, certainly not of a significant scale, that justifies the financial costs of this airport.

The Govt should have used that money to invest in schools, water and health facilities. Things that benefit the greatest number of people. This problem of spending more money on the relatively well off, instead of the poorest segments of society is a problem that plagues the country as a whole. In Nigeria, the poor have no voice.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by abm2pistle(m): 11:56am On Dec 08, 2013
@OP some beautiful part of uyo I was most expecting is not here. ( Tropicana)
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
abm2pistle: @OP some beautiful part of uyo I was most expecting is not here. ( Tropicana)

why dont you do us all the favour of taking pictures of that area (tropicana) and post it here, that way it will be part of the collection thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.