Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (346922 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by tsomething: 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2013
more

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by tsomething: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
more pix

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by tsomething: 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2013
more

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by imeofoninyang: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nice pics,but how come no one has given us pictures from inside the cinema,please we need it
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by imeofoninyang: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
I love akwa ibom state

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2013
Please we need pictures from people who are resident in the State to update this thread. If you currently live in Akwa ibom pls use ur phone/camera and give picture update on whats going on in the state lets keep this thread current and interesting thanks.

Good job t-something finally you are doing what we know you are capable of but not willing! lol. good pictures can you please post current pics of the convention center and the hotels?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
projects the require picture updates include the airport: new international terminal and taxiway.

Etebi - Enwang road + bridges.

500 housing units in Uruan

The Abak bridge by Julius Berger.

The tropicana especially the convention centre + amusement park

If you live around this areas picture updates of the projects will be highly appreciated.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by imeofoninyang: 1:25am On Dec 18, 2013
Please what is the hosusing estate at uruan called?

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by imeofoninyang: 1:39am On Dec 18, 2013
Is the government that is building that uruan housing project?

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ikot Ekpene catholic diocese

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:08am On Dec 19, 2013
catholic cathedral ikot ekpene

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by imeofoninyang: 2:29am On Dec 20, 2013
,construction work at Akwa ibom state university

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by imeofoninyang: 2:34am On Dec 20, 2013
Oceanography lab akwa ibom state university

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:38am On Dec 20, 2013
nice pictures imefon can you show more of the university?

I checked the schools facebook page and am not impressed at the structures on ground. Attached is what i found more like a primary/ secondary school blocks really dissapointing to say the least.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 8:29am On Dec 20, 2013
imeofon inyang: ,construction work at Akwa ibom state university
These are very poor and mundane architectural designs not befitting of any university-- let alone being upto Akwa ibom standard. Godswill Akpabio is playing politics with virtually everything! It's a pity!

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 9:49am On Dec 20, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:
These are very poor and mundane architectural designs not befitting of any university-- let alone being upto Akwa ibom standard. Godswill Akpabio is playing politics with virtually everything! It's a pity!

You share my exact sentiments. Why would anyone approve such an archaic design. Are we moving forward or backwards? Are there no good architects in Akwa Ibom. Those buildings are mediocre if we want AKSU to be a world class 21st century University. Gov. Akpabio, Education commisioner, Vice Chancellor and university board take note. Akwa ibom has gone beyond this stage.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 11:22am On Dec 20, 2013
I must agree that the state govt has dropped the ball, when it comes to giving the university campus the right infrastructures, all the building at the school on their facebook pages www.facebook.com/AkwaIbomStateUniversity/photos_stream are mediocre at best. Its a real eyesore hope the next administration does better in Re positioning the university.
My 2 cents is that,the university does not require 2 campuses.The 2 campus structure will be the bane of any meaningful development of the school .

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2013
Unfortunately this same thing is happening at the university of uyo (both campuses). You enter uniuyo and you wonder why you don't see befitting structures. Is there a law that prohibits our universities from building nice structures. The good governance tour team led by the minister of information made the same comments when they Visited the permanent site of uniuyo at nsukara. What is really the matter? No architects? Or somebody just doesn't know the right thing.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by tsomething: 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
BabaTony: Unfortunately this same thing is happening at the university of uyo (both campuses). You enter uniuyo and you wonder why you don't see befitting structures. Is there a law that prohibits our universities from building nice structures. The good governance tour team led by the minister of information made the same comments when they Visited the permanent site of uniuyo at nsukara. What is really the matter? No architects? Or somebody just doesn't know the right thing.

I think I can shed more light on this issue . We all know our universities are currently highly under funded. Most of those magnificent structures you see in 1st and 2nd generation universities were constructed directly by the Federal Government when they used to pay attention to our institutions . However currently VCs are given an amount which they are supposed to use in running these schools and the .VCs main aim is to ensure that his courses are accredited and remain accredited . To achieve this they try to provide the basic things required for this exercise such as ample classrooms, functional laboratory and offices. The aesthetic won't guarantee accreditation , hence it's no use starting a beautiful block that would take 10 years to complete, when you can use the sparse funds to complete a functional classroom blocks under 3 months. This why you will find so many abandoned giant structures in other schools .
I am not holding brief for them, but if you analyze the situation from the way I presented you will agree the .VCs acted in the best interest of the students and not for beauty hype .
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 2:08pm On Dec 20, 2013
t-something:

I think I can shed more light on this issue . We all know our universities are currently highly under funded. Most of those magnificent structures you see in 1st and 2nd generation universities were constructed directly by the Federal Government when they used to pay attention to our institutions . However currently VCs are given an amount which they are supposed to use in running these schools and the .VCs main aim is to ensure that his courses are accredited and remain accredited . To achieve this they try to provide the basic things required for this exercise such as ample classrooms, functional laboratory and offices. The aesthetic won't guarantee accreditation , hence it's no use starting a beautiful block that would take 10 years to complete, when you can use the sparse funds to complete a functional classroom blocks under 3 months. This why you will find so many abandoned giant structures in other schools .
I am not holding brief for them, but if you analyze the situation from the way I presented you will agree the .VCs acted in the best interest of the students and not for beauty hype .

I agree with you that the federal government is not funding our schools enough but what about AKSU owned by the akwa ibom state government?- akwa ibom is a rich state. Are you telling me that Akwa Ibom cannot build a world class university. A good architectural design doesn't mean the structure has to be expensive and complex - capital NO. Aesthetics is very important, those AKSU structures are similar to the primary schools being built by the state government. Big shame to whosoever approved such design. AKSU is a new university, structures in the universities should not I repeat should not be rushed or built anyhow just because you want to get accreditation. If the state or federal government do the right thing (proper labs, equipment, machines, lecturers, etc) accreditation should not be an issue. Take one faculty or department you can do and do it very well and not half measures. A good tertiary education holds the key to unlocking the potentials of our people, that why I feel very bad seeing those mediocre structures-I don't know how their labs, lecturers, equipment, etc look like but from the outside the schools don't stand out as Tertiary institutions. Next administration should get AKSU properly on its feet, I mean solid feet. We should do the right thing and stop make excuses for failing to take care of our future and that of our kids!

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 6:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
BabaTony:

I agree with you that the federal government is not funding our schools enough but what about AKSU owned by the akwa ibom state government?- akwa ibom is a rich state. Are you telling me that Akwa Ibom cannot build a world class university. A good architectural design doesn't mean the structure has to be expensive and complex - capital NO. Aesthetics is very important, those AKSU structures are similar to the primary schools being built by the state government. Big shame to whosoever approved such design. AKSU is a new university, structures in the universities should not I repeat should not be rushed or built anyhow just because you want to get accreditation. If the state or federal government do the right thing (proper labs, equipment, machines, lecturers, etc) accreditation should not be an issue. Take one faculty or department you can do and do it very well and not half measures. A good tertiary education holds the key to unlocking the potentials of our people, that why I feel very bad seeing those mediocre structures-I don't know how their labs, lecturers, equipment, etc look like but from the outside the schools don't stand out as Tertiary institutions. Next administration should get AKSU properly on its feet, I mean solid feet. We should do the right thing and stop make excuses for failing to take care of our future and that of our kids!
I concur. I have nothing to add!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 7:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
t-something:

In a fruitless attempt to justifying government's failure in providing qualitative education 2d citizenry, you ended-up woefully in making any reasonable comment!

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
The commissioner of Education and those advising the governor on education especially tertiary education have done a terrible job. The university building/environment looks terrible.

I Agree its a new university, but that's not an excuse to start off with mediocre buildings. A university above other things else needs and requires an environment that can breed/inspire excellence! from what i have seen of the school it is not yet ready to play in the big leagues.

If there is an area that needs attention, it is tertiary education in AKS. The Uncommon transformation should head on down to the state university and transform it.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nwaniba road junction Uyo picture courtesy t3

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
tropicana and e library dec 2013 picture courtesy of Timon Tamaran Tete

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
Pictures of Uyo As at dec 2013 courtesy of Timon Tamaran tete

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by imeofoninyang: 1:02am On Dec 24, 2013
About the state university,i thinks of constructions are ongoing at the school,if the tempo is kept and fellow i think the school will go places
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by imeofoninyang: 1:05am On Dec 24, 2013
Airport

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:40am On Dec 24, 2013
imeofon inyang: About the state university,i thinks of constructions are ongoing at the school,if the tempo is kept and fellow i think the school will go places

Pls can you show pictures of the construction that's ongoing at the state university? you know the rule in nairaland, if you cant show pictures it means it didn't happen.

All the pics i have seen of the school via facebook which i have posted most of them on this thread are very disappointing. If you have pictures of whats not been shown already of the school please post.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by imeofoninyang: 1:04am On Dec 25, 2013
@ujoinme the school pics u posted is what was there before alot is been done to standardise the school and the teaching hospital project is also going along nicely,and to those condenming the structures these are not finished buildings construction is still,God bless my dear state,compliment of the season
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:31am On Dec 25, 2013
imeofon inyang: @ujoinme the school pics u posted is what was there before alot is been done to standardise the school and the teaching hospital project is also going along nicely,and to those condenming the structures these are not finished buildings construction is still,God bless my dear state,compliment of the season
\

which teaching hospital are you talking about? Is the state building a teaching hospital?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
Nung udo itak- use ikot amama road Akwa ibom state rural road project.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.