Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,883 members, 7,810,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education (8017 Views)

Buhari Blames Economic Woes On Past Leaders / Blaming Economic Woes On Oil Price, Sheer Laziness – Bakare / Akpabio Blames Nigeria’s Woes On False Prophecies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by Freiburger(m): 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2013
Sprumbaba: Fashola said QUALITY OF EDUCATION not just education.So we have poor quality PHD holder.
Exactly.
Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 15, 2013
Negro_Ntns: I disagree. Poor judgement and lack of vision is the root of our endemic poor leadership, not poor education. Nigerian leaders received far better education than the leaders in say, Tanzania or Zambia or Niger. Thos three countries perform far better for their people and their countries.
look at this guy ni, is Poor judgement and lack of vision not a function of poor or lack of education ni? Are they not mutually inclusive ni?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by Man2utd(m): 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2013
Heartless leaders we have got in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by Symphony007: 11:58pm On Apr 15, 2013
Katsumoto:

Since you able to call a man who led the Brits to victory in WW2 and who won the Nobel prize a dullard on the basis that he failed the entrance exam to a prestigious institution, can you tell us what you have achieved yourself? Have you won the nobel prize for physics/economics/medicine? What entrance exams did you sit? Have you contested an election and won it? I am only asking, ordinarily I wouldn't, because it seems you have such high standards. Please don't disappoint.
don't excuse your ignorance with those shambolic questions! I just proved to you that a "dullard" can still be a great and historic leader, when roservett send his ambassador to london to meet churchill, on getting back the first question roservett asked was "he's no very bright, is he? nevile chamberline was far educated than churchill but he resigned and churchill did what he could never do. So what fashola said is utter nonesense and i just proved it to you no matter how you spin your disaster.
Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by benlay(m): 12:41am On Apr 16, 2013
It's not poor education, they are just wicked and lack conscience. They know what's right but they won't do it.
Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by kunlekunle: 2:41am On Apr 16, 2013
Negro_Ntns:

there is no field more accomodating of competition and elimination than in politics......particularly with the constant scrutiny and worship by the media.

if you cross them over and bring these political leaders into industries they will perform well. they have layers of checks and balances and accountability is hands-on.

if you take the industrial leaders and put them in political office they will fail. the layers of checks and balances in government is refined on paper but very loose and has no teeth in practice......it is hands-off approach.

thats not an attribute of poor educatiin.

Whatever your field of study, the content of your mind determines your performance.
GEJ, a PHD holder and president of nigeria, what else do you expect academically.
But he had never thought of nigeria as a whole and look for answers, hence the woes are not his makings.
But he forgot the responsibilities are his.
Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by josite: 8:04am On Apr 16, 2013
I disagree.many of them went to the same primary,igbobi college and the same uniben as fashola but character and the zeal for excellence is what no school can deliver to a man.many of them have better education and exposure than fashola but simply lacks the zeal to make an impact or leave a legacy for posterity. Then most of them are really ritualists and I believe thios is where the main problem really comes from. Your leaders are being controlled by demonic spirits contacted during ritual to gain power and remain in power.

the same unilag has professors who behave and react to issues like beasts so he is preaching the wrong message to the wrong persons
Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by Gbawe: 8:54am On Apr 16, 2013
benlay: It's not poor education, they are just wicked and lack conscience. They know what's right but they won't do it.

Not true. Robust education, the sort that impacts on emotional intelligence, affects even the ability to be compassionate and to empathise with others. Education is barely functional in Nigeria in that it will, simplistically, teach you to read, write and cram to pass exams but miss out on developing the man into a creature innately able to get the very best out of his environment. We see a reflection of this in every facet of Nigerian life. Whether it is politics, Agriculture or even Nollywood. Fashola is talking about the sort of education that leads us to devise inspired and innovative solutions to improve how man lives optimally in his environment.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by calcal: 9:06pm On Apr 16, 2013
Do we need education to do the right thing? probably not education is needed but education with wisdom and love of the land including your own people.
Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by kunlekunle: 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2013
FELA said it all culture and tradition.

teacher dont teach me nonsense
Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by cheikh: 1:17am On Apr 20, 2013
Negro_ Ntns
I disagree. Poor judgement and lack of vision is the root of our endemic poor leadership, not poor education. Nigerian leaders received far better education than the leaders in say, Tanzania or Zambia or Niger. Thos three countries perform far better for their people and their countries.

@^^ Gbam+100. Such belief/penchant for so called "certificated educated" leadership is the bane of our quasi "elites" and the rest of NIgerians. Nigerians are addicted to belief in Certificates [/b]in anything. A good leader is as good as his advisers/cabinet- like you mentioned already, [b]Vision is the crux of the matter and of course the lack of emotional [/b]attachment for the so called Country hence we are not a Nation yet. Nigerian leadership/elites are inherently [b]unpatriotic by their active or 'unintentional' actions besides their hollow rhetorics of loving the country and ever ready to die for it. They have good reason to love and ready to die for her. Nigeria is the proverbial golden goose that lays the golden egg(loot)
Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by birdman(m): 4:21am On Apr 20, 2013
You can be educated and corrupt, but your education makes a difference. Instead of brazenly stealing money stashed in bags and sending them abroad, educated politicians at least start industries in their own backyard with that money. They would rather award themselves a contract to build a world class hospital, because they may need it some day. Even Fashola has been criticised for favoring a few, eg Tinubu with contracts. But you know what, it still helped Lagos state. That really is the difference between the Nigerian politician and other politicians - education and a good dose of common sense. So you want an oil block? OK, at least start something with it, like Dangote instead of junkets to countries where nobody even knows your name.
Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by phantom(m): 9:03am On Apr 20, 2013
Oga fashola i disagree with you o! Otherwise how do you explain when a supposedly learned senior advocate governor wakes up in the morning and sacks all the doctors in his state?
Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by otokx(m): 10:23am On Apr 20, 2013
birdman: You can be educated and corrupt, but your education makes a difference. Instead of brazenly stealing money stashed in bags and sending them abroad, educated politicians at least start industries in their own backyard with that money. They would rather award themselves a contract to build a world class hospital, because they may need it some day. Even Fashola has been criticised for favoring a few, eg Tinubu with contracts. But you know what, it still helped Lagos state. That really is the difference between the Nigerian politician and other politicians - education and a good dose of common sense. So you want an oil block? OK, at least start something with it, like Dangote instead of junkets to countries where nobody even knows your name.
on point
Re: Fashola Puts Country’s Woes On Leaders’ Poor Education by cheikh: 4:18pm On Apr 21, 2013
Kilode?
To paraphrase Saint Augustine of Hippo: There is nothing more dangerous than people with Half-Education or Half-Knowledge, especially when they are unaware of their limitations.

@ Gbam+10000! Bro your wisdom is very profound and refreshing indeed wink grin. How I wish we'll have serious thinkers instead of mere 'Certificated /miseducated Buffoons. It's a tragedy. Your view point, Gbawe's and that of Katsumoto are infallible and on point. I hope we understand that true Education is wholistically different from mere 'Certificated trained' persons which is pervasive amongst Nigerians/Africa in every so called line of 'education'/training.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Against All Odds, Rochas Wins Re-election / Thanks To APC Government, Look At What I Have Converted My Fridge Into / We Are Ready For Ekiti Governorship Election - Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.