Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much (31331 Views)

"My Neighbour Has A Girlfriend But Still Sleeps With Me Every Time” / Photo: You May Kiss The Bride / I Love My Girlfriend But I'm Tired And Not Sexually Moved By Her Anymore. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Anazp: 5:44pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hello. I have been dating my girl for about five years now. I proposed to her and she agreed to marry me. However after fixing the date from the traditional Wedding, her parents are asking for five million naira as Bride Price. I told my girlfriend to appeal to them to at least reduce it to two million but her parents refuse. They say its an extended family decision like her Uncles and other relatives. I don't understand. I love my girl and she loves me. She's from Orlu, Imo State. I need your advice. Thanks
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by stpat1(m): 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2013
Make i no talk make e no be like say i too dey vex. 5 mil raaabish

4 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Akshow: 6:03pm On Apr 15, 2013
Some in laws are senseless. Is bride price now a wind fall? What sort of rubbish is that? Them want make e feed the wife wit air after e marry her finish? That is why i love my yoruba folks. In most cases the parents return the bride price to the husband tellin him to jus take care of her cos their daughter is not for sale. Aside the traditional yams, boxes of cloth and drinks nothin more.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by dahmie2013: 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
Anazp: Hello. I have been dating my girl for about five years now. I proposed to her and she agreed to marry me. However after fixing the date from the traditional Wedding, her parents are asking for five million naira as Bride Price. [b]I told my girlfriend to appeal to them to at least reduce it to two million [/b]but her parents refuse. They say its an extended family decision like her Uncles and other relatives. I don't understand. I love my girl and she loves me. She's from Orlu, Imo State. I need your advice. Thanks
gringringrin! @OP, U be big boy o! Why u no come my side naaaa? 2M for bride price, bros I hail thee!wink

10 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by ednut1(m): 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
wich tribe b dis

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by angelsing(m): 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
why i my do only one who thinks this is a complete fabrication of the Op mind..5million?.pls come up wit a better lie

73 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by aadetoyin(f): 7:20pm On Apr 15, 2013
@Op, abeg first clean ur mouth cos this sound like a big lie.
Anyway,I hope the lady's annual salary amounts to ten million else na bad market.
Is her family planning to build a new house with the money? #justasking

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by boron10(m): 7:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
Guy, if you truly agree to pay 2M as bride price for a girl you aint sure of her future fidelity, then you're a maga

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by SAFO(m): 7:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
They only ask because they know you can afford it.

Assuming there's any truth to this lol

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
Lmao. I will use 2 million to invest in goats and chicken business. It is more valuable than buying an IMO girl for that price

33 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 15, 2013
boron10: Guy, if you truly agree to pay 2M as bride price for a girl you aint sure of her future fidelity, then you're a maga

Don't worry, their fidelity will be just like that of Fidelity Bank.

But N2 million is still way too high!

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by jmoore(m): 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
This story is false

@op, grow up and stop posting fiction here.smh

11 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Kzinne: 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
jmoore: This story is false

@op, grow up and stop posting fiction here.smh
jealous punk. how do u know? is it because the op has got cash and u don't? go hug a transformer

5 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by ifysimple(f): 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
abeg na lie joor .

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Kzinne: 7:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
ifysimple: abeg na lie joor .
why not beg d op to come marry you instead. nonsense

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by jmoore(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2013
Kzinne: jealous punk. how do u know? is it because the op has got cash and u don't? go hug a transformer
Are you on drugs? Do you know what is I million naira? Go and buy common sense, it will help you to differentiate between truth and lie

16 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Kzinne: 7:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
jmoore:
Are you on drugs? Do you know what is I million naira? Go and buy common sense, it will help you to differentiate between truth and lie
how much are u worth punk?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by boron10(m): 8:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
CFCfan:

Don't worry, their fidelity will be just like that of Fidelity Bank.

But N2 million is still way too high!
grin only a man like Mike Adenuga has the right to pay 5M for bride price.

3 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
boron10:
grin only a man like Mike Adenuga has the right to pay 5M for bride price.

Exactly! Or even Dangote/Wizkid.

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by 50calibre(m): 8:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
5 milla! What!! Are you buying her or is her pus*y made of gold or is she a director at Goldman Sachs? What does she have to offer? What is her career prospect?

You are even willing to pay 2 mill! Dude in this age of recession and austerity, 2 mill on a woman who is going to depreciate in value is quite preposterous.

10 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
ednut1: wich tribe b dis

igbo grin

3 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 15, 2013
but 5 million naira ? is she the queen ??!!

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 15, 2013
adaobi123: but 5 million naira ? is she the queen ??!!
grin grin grin I no know o. She no be queen eliza self.
N2million is over $13,000!
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin grin I n know o. She no be queen eliza self.
N2million is over $13,000!

grin grin grin

that shyte is expensive !!!

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by MrCork17: 8:22pm On Apr 15, 2013
Anazp: Hello. I have been dating my girl for about five years now. I proposed to her and she agreed to marry me. However after fixing the date from the traditional Wedding, her parents are asking for five million naira as Bride Price. I told my girlfriend to appeal to them to at least reduce it to two million but her parents refuse. They say its an extended family decision like her Uncles and other relatives. I don't understand. I love my girl and she loves me. She's from Orlu, Imo State. I need your advice. Thanks

..bro, if she light skin..dumb yor babe!? angry
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by megawax8: 8:26pm On Apr 15, 2013
u hav to man up alredi,luk ha in d eye n say 'babe,i luv u so fvckin much bt anytin outside d approved bride price(60 bucks),is a no from me'....... tongue tongue
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by horlajide: 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2013
Ask your in-laws if in return for the 5million ,you get:

-a receipt(for full payment and full ownership) tenable in the court of law

-a warranty covering the product bride till infinity

-a framed certificate of owneship (which i suggest u hang in your sitting-room,infact make photocopies and hang them in every single room at home)
undecided

36 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre: 5 milla! What!! Are you buying her or is her pus*y made of gold or is she a director at Goldman Sachs? What does she have to offer? What is her career prospect?

You are even willing to pay 2 mill! Dude in this age of recession and austerity, 2 mill on a woman who is going to depreciate in value is quite preposterous.

Lmao grin

This guy dey para! cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre: 5 milla! What!! Are you buying her or is her pus*y made of gold or is she a director at Goldman Sachs? What does she have to offer? What is her career prospect?

LMAO grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
adaobi123:

LMAO grin grin grin grin

Boys have so much money grin
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
CFCfan:

Boys have so much money grin

are you willing to pay at least two million for your future wife ?

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
adaobi123:

are you willing to pay at least two million for your future wife ?

grin grin grin grin

LMAO. I won't be able to pay such, maybe around $1000 (N160,000). grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Hookup Didn't Start Today, Our Mothers Started It - Prophetess Jane Chukwu / Professions That Have Less Dating Opportunities / 5 Ways You Can Be Romantic Without Spending A Lot Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.