Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much (31317 Views)

"My Neighbour Has A Girlfriend But Still Sleeps With Me Every Time” / Photo: You May Kiss The Bride / I Love My Girlfriend But I'm Tired And Not Sexually Moved By Her Anymore. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
CFCfan:

LMAO. I won't be able to pay such, maybe around $1000 (N160,000). grin grin

You dey try

grin grin grin
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 15, 2013
adaobi123:

You dey try

grin grin grin

Abi. I'm not Fidelity or Zenith Bank. The highest I can pay is N200,000. Anything above that is simply bollocks/balderdash.

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
CFCfan:

Abi. I'm not Fidelity or Zenith Bank. The highest I can pay is N200,000. Anything above that is simply bollocks/balderdash.

LMAO

But seriously 5 million naira ?! smh undecided
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by boron10(m): 8:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
adaobi123:

LMAO

But seriously 5 million naira ?! smh undecided
Maybe the OP is hiding some details from us. Like the economic benefit of marrying her

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 15, 2013
I'm even looking for a girl that will pay my groom price just like gaza

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by boron10(m): 8:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
boron10:
Maybe the OP is hiding some details from us. Like the economic benefit of marrying her

Maybe, lets see what op says
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by 50calibre(m): 9:00pm On Apr 15, 2013
adaobi123:

LMAO grin grin grin grin

Isn't it true? How much are your parents going to place in your head?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Inik(m): 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2013
Why should i pay 5 million for bride price? guy you better walk away and let her parents and extended family marry her

5 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by 50calibre(m): 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2013
Legit1:

Lmao grin

This guy dey para! cheesy

Vex wan kill me.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre:

Isn't it true? How much are your parents going to place in your head?

Enough but not a crazy amount like 5 million tongue
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by ncee(f): 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
angelsing: why i my do only one who thinks this is a complete fabrication of the Op mind..5million?.pls come up wit a better lie
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Inik(m): 9:19pm On Apr 15, 2013
adaobi123:

I guess your bride price will be in the range of 100k - 300k. I have started saving for the D-day wink

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by 50calibre(m): 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2013
adaobi123:

Ok enough like 2 chickens or one goat or one bottle of jack Daniels or one bag of rice? Be specific.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by rubyno(m): 9:32pm On Apr 15, 2013
Anazp: Hello. I have been dating my girl for about five years now. I proposed to her and she agreed to marry me. However after fixing the date from the traditional Wedding, her parents are asking for five million naira as Bride Price. I told my girlfriend to appeal to them to at least reduce it to two million but her parents refuse. They say its an extended family decision like her Uncles and other relatives. I don't understand. I love my girl and she loves me. She's from Orlu, Imo State. I need your advice. Thanks

Mayb, d parents get 2much money wey u wan chop. So, dey want to eat urs first or u dey lie, or dey feel u wnt to use dia dota for ritual(so, dey wnt an upfront). But i am very sure smtin is wrong smwer.

3 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
Inik:
I guess your bride price will be in the range of 100k - 300k. I have started saving for the D-day wink

Lol start saving dear tongue
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre:

Ok enough like 2 chickens or one goat or one bottle of jack Daniels or one bag of rice? Be specific.

Why be specific ? do you wanna marry me ? tongue

I don't know. Hmmmmmmmm

Couple of chickens
Goats
Wrapper for the women in the village
Mineral
Malt
Yams
Money. I don't know how much. But I know my parents wouldnt ask for a crazy amount. tongue

Happy with the list ? grin grin grin
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by ashmanpolo: 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
OP dey pull our legs joor. The way he sounds i don't think he has up to 10k in his account. Lol

3 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2013
5M naira is small

Is Emeka really complaining about 200.000N?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: 5M naira is small

Is Emeka really complaining about 200.000N?

I weep for Emeka undecided
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
CFCfan:

I weep for Emeka undecided

embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by 50calibre(m): 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
adaobi123:

Why be specific ? do you wanna marry me ? tongue

I don't know. Hmmmmmmmm

Couple of chickens
Goats
Wrapper for the women in the village
Mineral
Malt
Yams
Money. I don't know how much. But I know my parents wouldnt ask for a crazy amount. tongue

Happy with the list ? grin grin grin

Yes in beginning to consider. however, the list would be a determinant.

So far so good, the list looks fairly modest but you know in this day and age, someone needs to sample a commodity ( or test drive if you will ) before buying

So here is a counter proposal - the list would be fulfilled in installments,

First installment - 3 chickens

Second installment - one goat after you have a son or one turkey if it a girl.

Third installment - all others on the list to be met after the second son.

Have we got a deal?

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by luvmijeje(f): 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
Lol.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2013
Pay instalmentally, or come to my village where the bride price is 70naira. grin

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
Point of correction 5million naira no b beans ooo
Jedi that's way above 15M
I withdraw my comment Emeka
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre:

Yes in beginning to consider. however, the list would be a determinant.

So far so good, the list looks fairly modest but you know in this day and age, someone needs to sample a commodity ( or test drive if you will ) before buying

So here is a counter proposal - the list would be fulfilled in installments,

First installment - 3 chickens

Second installment - one goat after you have a son or one turkey if it a girl.

Third installment - all others on the list to be met after the second son.

Have we got a deal?

Taa ! What deal ? I dont participate in any test driving. tongue
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
sexkillz: Pay instalmentally, or come to my village where the bride price is 70naira. grin
LWKMD grin grin
Which village be that?

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Harmvirus(f): 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
sexkillz: Pay instalmentally, or come to my village where the bride price is 70naira. grin
lols ...i wonder which villa that could be.
At op, 5milli is too much..they think say you be atm? Nawa for some people o.E come be as if them dey sell their daughter..
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
That girl and her family are all crooks.

3 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by 50calibre(m): 10:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
adaobi123:

Taa ! What deal ? I dont participate in any test driving. tongue

C'mon any rational person has to sample the wares to determine its true quality before buying. Can you buy a car without checking out the engine?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by greedie1(f): 11:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
million ke?? imo ple too do. smh
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre:

C'mon any rational person has to sample the wares to determine its true quality before buying. Can you buy a car without checking out the engine?

Do I look like a car to you ? angry

Go and test some other girls pumpum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Professions That Have Less Dating Opportunities / 5 Ways You Can Be Romantic Without Spending A Lot Of Money / Who Is The Most Beautifull{female] And Handsome{male] Nairalander As At Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.