Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam (36720 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / Muslims Can I Ask You Some Questions? / Today's Muslims Can Never Obey Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by olumidazz: 2:16am On May 04, 2013
@lanrelanx pls what promise did mohammed promise you given the revelation Allah handed down to him cos I just read in ur post that u said Allah promised you. Kindly educate me. Thank you.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 2:32am On May 04, 2013
Be much like Fellis (the nairalander) and answer questions
even countering Anti-Islam attacks in a calm, collected, and understanding manner. smiley
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by olumidazz: 2:48am On May 04, 2013
@maclatunji, non of you or your guys have proven desika wrong here, I have gone through the whole thread in this my lonely state of mind and found that he has made some very erudite submissions that non of you has disproved, Instead of relying on hindsights of emotions based on myths and moonlight tales to disprove. He has not denied getting his facts from ant-islamic websites, but the onus lies on you to disprove which you haven't done successfully. he has drawn very salient conclusions based on facts he directly infers for which has not be factually or intellectually disproved. To this end, his arguments to me do not only contain logic but carry more weight, preprundance of evidence, facts, and has passed the test of reason until you or your other guys prove otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by tinnymerit(m): 3:00am On May 04, 2013
bibeli mi ni mogbojule.ofin mose ni mon tele.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by talk2me006(m): 5:23am On May 04, 2013
olumidazz: @maclatunji, non of you or your guys have proven desika wrong here, I have gone through the whole thread in this my lonely state of mind and found that he has made some very erudite submissions that non of you has disproved, Instead of relying on hindsights of emotions based on myths and moonlight tales to disprove. He has not denied getting his facts from ant-islamic websites, but the onus lies on you to disprove which you haven't done successfully. he has drawn very salient conclusions based on facts he directly infers for which has not be factually or intellectually disproved. To this end, his arguments to me do not only contain logic but carry more weight, preprundance of evidence, facts, and has passed the test of reason until you or your other guys prove otherwise.
FOR U TO NOT SEE HOW DESIKA WAS CONFUSED ALLOVER, IT SHOWN THAT YOU READ THE WHOLE POST WITHOUT AN OPEN MIND.
READ OVER AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE HIGHLY CONVINCED THAT DESIKA HAS CONFUSED ALL OVER.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by tintingz(m): 5:28am On May 04, 2013
olumidazz: @maclatunji, non of you or your guys have proven desika wrong here, I have gone through the whole thread in this my lonely state of mind and found that he has made some very erudite submissions that non of you has disproved, Instead of relying on hindsights of emotions based on myths and moonlight tales to disprove. He has not denied getting his facts from ant-islamic websites, but the onus lies on you to disprove which you haven't done successfully. he has drawn very salient conclusions based on facts he directly infers for which has not be factually or intellectually disproved. To this end, his arguments to me do not only contain logic but carry more weight, preprundance of evidence, facts, and has passed the test of reason until you or your other guys prove otherwise.
so from what you have read by ayenny and lanrexlan you didnt understand anything instead your mind stick to what desika is pasting from anti-islamic site

Dude better read back from page one with open mind and stop behaving like a dummy!
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 5:29am On May 04, 2013
*Kails*:
Be much like Fellis (the nairalander) and answer questions
even countering Anti-Islam attacks in a calm, collected, and understanding manner. smiley
smiley
that was nice to read
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 5:45am On May 04, 2013
Another way to teach non muslim about islam is that Quran was from God while other books was full of contradiction.
HERE BELOW ARE MY PROOF TO CALL UR BIBLE UNHOLY:

ARE U SURE THAT THE BIBLE IS HOLY (YES or NO)

1a). 2 Samuel 24:1
24 And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

1b). 1 Chronicles 21:1
21 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

QUESTION------( is lord of david then satan)

2a). 2 Samuel 8:4
4 And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven hundred horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: and David houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them for an hundred chariots.

2b). 1 Chronicles 18:4
4 And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven thousand horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: David also houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them an hundred chariots.

QUESTION--(seven hundred OR seven thousand)

3a). 2 Samuel 10:18
18 And the Syrians fled before Israel; and David slew the men of seven hundred chariots of the Syrians, and forty thousand horsemen, and smote Shobach the captain of their host, who died there.

3b). 1 Chronicles 19:18
18 But the Syrians fled before Israel; and David slew of the Syrians seven thousand men which fought in chariots, and forty thousand footmen, and killed Shophach the captain of the host.

QUESTION--(seven hundred chariots OR seven thousand men? Forty thousand horsemen OR footmen? Shobach OR shophach)

4a). 2 Kings 8:26
26 Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel

4b). 2 Chronicles 22:2
2 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri.

QUESTION---( twenty two OR forty two years)

5a). 2 Kings 24:8
8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.

5b). 2 Chronicles 36:9
9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord.

QUESTION---(eighteen yrs OR eight yrs? Three mths OR three mths and ten days)

FROM NEW TESTAMENT

1a). John 5:37
37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

1b). John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

2a). John 5:31
31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

2b). John 8:14
14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by olamkas: 5:52am On May 04, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]the attached videos will answer you that islam was before judaism, even as the religion of Noah and his children who did not perish in the flood that doomed the disbelievers of Noah's time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF-Qfgv6-vk
Allah is Name of God of the children of Israel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65zyICBKBPI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juM_zpq9crA

Jesus said Allah in the passion of the christ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTSG0YzlGB8

jewish praying praying like muslim:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0sk9l6Q2lI&NR=1&feature=endscreen
bring concrete evidences and stop quoting lies.
deSika: yes non muslims have lots of questions. one of the ways you could teach them about islam is by responding to their questions. by so doing u dispel wrong notions and replace with the right knowledge.

questions like the following
how can muslims show a non muslim how islam was practised before Mohamed. how did the early muslims worship their God.pls show with proofs
1.. did thay recite the shadadah
2. did they believe in one God (Allah).
3. did they beleive that Mohammed is his prophet. (seal of the prophets)
4. did they pray five times a day
5. did they pay zakat
6. did they fast during the ramadan
7. did they go to Mecca for pilgrimage and what did they do when they went there

this is islam as practised by todays muslims. was it this same islam that the muslims practised before Muhammed. did the early muslims worship their God as highlighted in the above points.

i ask this question because i believe that when u make a statement you should be able to provide proofs.
Muslims have always said that Islam had existed before Muhammed came into the scene.

now in responding to these questions u must show proofs from Allah's word the quran. u are free to run to the "corrupted book" for help as long as u can prove that Allah was what they were worshipping and not Yahweh. (Nb Allah is not same with Elohim/Yahweh because it has not be proven yet. see this thread for reason why
www.nairaland.com/1256820/prove-me-allah-yahweh-same#15276612)

if u can answer the questions with proofs then u have bin able to educate a non muslim. IF U CANNOT then the statement that islam existed before the prophet is an assumption and a false one at that.
#remember u r educating non muslims.
the attached videos will answer you that islam was before judaism, even as the religion of Noah and his children who did not perish in the flood that doomed the disbelievers of Noah's time.

deSika: yes non muslims have lots of questions. one of the ways you could teach them about islam is by responding to their questions. by so doing u dispel wrong notions and replace with the right knowledge.

how can muslims show a non muslim how islam was practised before Mohamed. how did the early muslims worship their God.pls show with proofs
5. did they pay zakat
7. did they go to Mecca for pilgrimage and what did they do when they went there

this is islam as practised by todays muslims. was it this same islam that the muslims practised before Muhammed. did the early muslims worship their God as highlighted in the above points.

i ask this question because i believe that when u make a statement you should be able to provide proofs.
Muslims have always said that Islam had existed before Muhammed came into the scene.

now in responding to these questions u must show proofs from Allah's word the quran. u are free to run to the "corrupted book" for help as long as u can prove that Allah was what they were worshipping and not Yahweh. (Nb Allah is not same with Elohim/Yahweh because it has not be proven yet. see this thread for reason why

if u can answer the questions with proofs then u have bin able to educate a non muslim. IF U CANNOT then the statement that islam existed before the prophet is an assumption and a false one at that.
the attached videos will answer you that islam was before judaism, even as the religion of Noah and his children who did not perish in the flood that doomed the disbelievers of Noah's time.

5. did they pay zakat

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 6:05am On May 04, 2013
alexis:

That's what you all say when the Quran is put under a micro-scope. I have been called a liar, stupi.d., void of truth because I said the Allah of the Quran and God in the Bible are different.

For you guys to debate and present FACTS & EVIDENCE, you result to personal attacks. Whenever "certain" "touchy" Islmic subject is brought up and you folks can't debate rationally - you start attacking the person.

None of you have provided an AUTHORITATIVE answer to DeSika post. For example: It is in the Quran that:

1. Moses was the first Muslim
2. Muhammed was the first Muslim
3. Adam was the first Muslim

How can one source give 3 DIFFERENT accounts. How can God ALMIGHTY give 3 different accounts on who was the first muslim?

God said in Quran that all the prophet from God were all muslims and nobody here in this forum says anything against what Quran said.

If you have anyting to butress the proof that all the prophet were not muslim, BRING UR PROOF THAT ALL THE PROPHET WERE CHRISTIAN OR JEW

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 6:18am On May 04, 2013
Obiagu1: Why the threatening message? Why should someone be banned for saying the truth?

Until I get an answer to this question, I don't care if I get banned.

Why do strong adherers of Islam kill innocent women and children?

Most beheading videos on Youtube were done in the name of Allah.

Like the Buddist said, "This world is not for Muslims alone!"
If we continue to explain the islam to non muslim, they will not get d explanation unless they have open mind to the explanation.

If u want me to explain the killing to you, will you firsyt explain those verses below to me before I explain how islam against and I believe if I explain it u will not accept it becos u have hatred mind against islam.

Deuteronomy
Chapter 2 :
33 And the LORD our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people. 34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain. ( So Moses and his army killed women and children. Moses broke the 6th commmandment, thou shall not kill ANYONE)

Deuteronomy
Chapter 7:
2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor show mercy unto them
5 But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire. 6

Deuteronomy
Chapter 13
9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God

Numbers
Chapter 31
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves ( almost all the Nigerian lady will be kill)

1Samuel 6:19-20
And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter. And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us?

1 Kings 20:35-36
 Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him.

What?!

Ezekiel 9:5-7
 "Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."

Another massacare.

eremiah 51:20-26
 "You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.
Another massacre, same old story.

Exodus 21:20-21
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property

So you can beat the hell out of your slave as long as the slave does not die, this is straight from the Bible
-------------------------------

I challenge any Christian to come and tell me those verses which I posted are not evil and not terrorism,

NB: Jesus was in heaven before every other prophets according to Bible and even some people call him God, so if you tell me those things happened before Jesus that mean you are contradicting
------------------------------

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 6:27am On May 04, 2013
frederal: Even though I'm not afraid of being banned, I want to give you a testimony, which confirms that " in the name of Jesus, every kneel (powers) must bow " and " there's no other name given unto man, by which he/she can be SAVED, expect JESUS. One day in my sleep, I felt hands on my neck, an act of strangulation, I was suffocating; my hands try to reach to that person (cos it was as if it was physical), but to no avail. Even d person lying beside me could hear my voice, but I was choking. But, that force could hold it again when it was the name Jesus that came to my mind, as I shouted Jesus! It vanished; they bowed. I became free. Ask yourself why is there so much POWER in the name of JESUS, the son of Almighty God.
I'm a christain cos I believe in God and Jesus christ, who He brought to us to redeem us back to God. I believe cos there awesome power in that name-it can only come from God Almighty.

Am sorry for u, if u ask those people who worshipping Ogun, Osun, Sango, they will tell more about how they used name of ogun, osun, sango to bring water from the sky, can u tell me that u can use name of jesus to bring water from sky?

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 6:35am On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:
There are so many sects, cults, religions, philosophies, and movements in the world, all of which claim to be the right way or the only true path to God. How can one determine which one is correct or if, in fact, all are correct?

The first thing that one should know and clearly understand about Islam is what the word "Islam" itself means. The religion of Islam is not named after a person as in the case of Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ, Buddhism after Gotama Buddha, Confucianism after Confucius, and Marxism after Karl Marx. Nor was it named after a tribe like Judaism after the tribe of Judah and Hinduism after the Hindus. Islam is the true religion of "Allah" and as such, its name represents the central principle of Allah's "God's" religion; the total submission to the will of Allah "God". The Arabic word "Islam" means the submission or surrender of one's will to the only true god worthy of worship "Allah" and anyone who does so is termed a "Muslim", The word also implies "peace" which is the natural consequence of total submission to the will of Allah.

I really do not know the purpose of this topic. I do know it is not subject to critical thinking or challenge. Let us agree islam means peace,what about freedom and enlightenment. Similarities between islam and christianity is the fact that they both study almost the same book,believe in one God,both trace their roots to Abraham etc

However,if i may focus on islam with my critical thinking i think it is against the liberation of the mind. You are never entitled to your opinion as long as islam stands. What about The Earth being flat. A Saudi Imam declared that the earth is FLAT and anybody who claims that it isn’t so deserves a punishment.

If you look at world history you will find that the areas once ruled by the Muslims were the most backward. Reason – Muslims wasted all the resources in building stupid tombs for their dead instead of building schools or colleges. The temples, buddhist stupas and monasteries were replaced by Mosques where arrogance, intolerance and hatred replaced critical thinking and education. One such example is Taj Mahal – an unnecessary tomb built Instead of building a school or college that fool built a useless Tomb for himself and his wife.

Learning to memorise holy texts but learning nothing new,refusal to accept common knowledge is wierd.The fact that you even think that this is an intelligent question marks you as undereducated (nothing else counts). It’s time to stop telling stories around the fire and discover books, assuming your religion allows that.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Proffdada: 6:40am On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:
If we continue to explain the islam to non muslim, they will not get d explanation unless they have open mind to the explanation.

If u want me to explain the killing to you, will you firsyt explain those verses below to me before I explain how islam against and I believe if I explain it u will not accept it becos u have hatred mind against islam.

Deuteronomy
Chapter 2 :
33 And the LORD our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people. 34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain. ( So Moses and his army killed women and children. Moses broke the 6th commmandment, thou shall not kill ANYONE)

Deuteronomy
Chapter 7:
2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor show mercy unto them
5 But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire. 6

Deuteronomy
Chapter 13
9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God

Numbers
Chapter 31
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves ( almost all the Nigerian lady will be kill)

1Samuel 6:19-20
And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter. And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us?

1 Kings 20:35-36
 Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him.

What?!

Ezekiel 9:5-7
 "Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."

Another massacare.

eremiah 51:20-26
 "You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.
Another massacre, same old story.

Exodus 21:20-21
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property

So you can beat the hell out of your slave as long as the slave does not die, this is straight from the Bible
-------------------------------

I challenge any Christian to come and tell me those verses which I posted are not evil and not terrorism,

NB: Jesus was in heaven before every other prophets according to Bible and even some people call him God, so if you tell me those things happened before Jesus that mean you are contradicting

Those laws were given because humans were barbaric and their tendencies to act w/o thinking were high. That's why God sent His Son to reorientate man.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 6:45am On May 04, 2013
olempe: Who is interested in a blood sucking religion. grin grin

dont even go there dude, cos Xtians have sucked more blood than all other religion followers combined.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by singhabhishek25: 6:46am On May 04, 2013
Now, this is really great explanation I agree with "If we continue to explain the islam to non muslim, they will not get d explanation unless they have open mind to the explanation." To understand any religion we need to have faith and trust towards them as well.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 6:53am On May 04, 2013
Proffdada:

The question is :why do you deny killing people as part of your doctrine?[size=14pt]Quran 2:190-191 [/size]

quran2:190-194
190: Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors.

191: And kill them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for persecution and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, kill them. Such is the reward of those who reject faith.

192: But if they cease, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

193:And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.

194:The prohibited month, for the prohibited month, and so for all things prohibited, there is the law of equality. If then any one transgresses the prohibition against you, transgress ye likewise against him. But fear (the punishment of) God, and know that God is with those who restrain themselves.

These verse were revealed at a time when Muslims of Madinah were under constant attack from the Pagans of Makkans. Some of example would be when the Makkans conducted the public crucifixion of the companion of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), Khubaib bin Adi. These would be classified as ‘terrorist activities’ according to the modern usage of the term.

So what does this verse say in this context? “Fight in the cause of God those who fight you”, “unless they (first) fight you there” - the context of this verse applies to those who initiate the attack against Muslims.

And even after they attack, the verse makes it clear: “But if they cease, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” And it also makes clear the purpose for what Muslims fight: “fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God”. It is the duty of Muslims to defend humanity from oppression and persecution and to establish justice.

The Qur'an says to be kind and fair with non-Muslims who are at peace with us.
It is only the ones who attack us that we are to fight back against

Historically, fighting back against the aggressors was prohibited during the thirteen years of the Meccan period. After the migration to Medina and the establishment of the Islamic state, Muslims were concerned with how to defend themselves against aggression from their enemies. The aforementioned verses were revealed to enable them to protect the newly formed state by fighting in self-defence against those who fought them. However, the Qur’an clearly prohibits aggression.

The verses explain that fighting is only for self-defence. Thus, a Muslim cannot commit aggression and kill innocent men, women, children, the sick, the elderly, monks, priests, or those who do not wish to fight. A Muslim is also mandated not to destroy plant life of livestock

GOD IS ALL KNOWER, ALL WISE

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 6:56am On May 04, 2013
Proffdada:

Those laws were given because humans were barbaric and their tendencies to act w/o thinking were high. That's why God sent His Son to reorientate man.

WHO'S SON? Sorry man u can't defend it just accept that ur Bible is ...........
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 7:01am On May 04, 2013
zig2ryme04: CHRISTIANITY IS LOVE,PEACE, AND RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.KNOWING GOD PERSONALLY IS WHAT MATTERS. YOU AS A PERSON, ASK YOURSELF; WHO AM I?

How can I reconcile knowing 3 gods (the father, the son, and the Holy ghost) personally as one God, cos no matter how hard I try, 1 (God the father) + 1 (God the Son) + 1 (God the holy ghost) = 3 gods. When you say God the Father, you at that moment does not mean God the Son or the Holy Ghost. When you mention God the Son, you dont think of God the Father or the Holy Ghost at thesame moment, same goes for when you think of God the Holy Ghost. So how can you personally know God when in your mind you have an image of 3 gods?

True Christanity (as examplified by the true followers of the teachings of Jesus Chris(Peace be upon Him)) is the religion of Love, Peace, and Relationship with the one true God who begets not nor was He begotten, and there is none comparable unto Him. There is not a single unequivocal statement in the Bible where Jesus (peace be upon him) sais He is God or he should be worshipped. If any "modern" day Xtian can proof otherwise, by God Almighty, I would become a Xtian.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Proffdada: 7:02am On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:

quran2:190-194
190: Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors.

191: And kill them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for persecution and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, kill them. Such is the reward of those who reject faith.

192: But if they cease, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

193:And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.

194:The prohibited month, for the prohibited month, and so for all things prohibited, there is the law of equality. If then any one transgresses the prohibition against you, transgress ye likewise against him. But fear (the punishment of) God, and know that God is with those who restrain themselves.

These verse were revealed at a time when Muslims of Madinah were under constant attack from the Pagans of Makkans. Some of example would be when the Makkans conducted the public crucifixion of the companion of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), Khubaib bin Adi. These would be classified as ‘terrorist activities’ according to the modern usage of the term.

So what does this verse say in this context? “Fight in the cause of God those who fight you”, “unless they (first) fight you there” - the context of this verse applies to those who initiate the attack against Muslims.

And even after they attack, the verse makes it clear: “But if they cease, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” And it also makes clear the purpose for what Muslims fight: “fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God”. It is the duty of Muslims to defend humanity from oppression and persecution and to establish justice.

The Qur'an says to be kind and fair with non-Muslims who are at peace with us.
It is only the ones who attack us that we are to fight back against

Historically, fighting back against the aggressors was prohibited during the thirteen years of the Meccan period. After the migration to Medina and the establishment of the Islamic state, Muslims were concerned with how to defend themselves against aggression from their enemies. The aforementioned verses were revealed to enable them to protect the newly formed state by fighting in self-defence against those who fought them. However, the Qur’an clearly prohibits aggression.

The verses explain that fighting is only for self-defence. Thus, a Muslim cannot commit aggression and kill innocent men, women, children, the sick, the elderly, monks, priests, or those who do not wish to fight. A Muslim is also mandated not to destroy plant life of livestock

GOD IS ALL KNOWER, ALL WISE
So if i tear part of your copy of Quran you won't attack me instead of leaving me to your allah's judgement?

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 7:03am On May 04, 2013
ifeness:

I really do not know the purpose of this topic. I do know it is not subject to critical thinking or challenge. Let us agree islam means peace,what about freedom and enlightenment. Similarities between islam and christianity is the fact that they both study almost the same book,believe in one God,both trace their roots to Abraham etc

However,if i may focus on islam with my critical thinking i think it is against the liberation of the mind. You are never entitled to your opinion as long as islam stands. What about The Earth being flat. A Saudi Imam declared that the earth is FLAT and anybody who claims that it isn’t so deserves a punishment.

If you look at world history you will find that the areas once ruled by the Muslims were the most backward. Reason – Muslims wasted all the resources in building stupid tombs for their dead instead of building schools or colleges. The temples, buddhist stupas and monasteries were replaced by Mosques where arrogance, intolerance and hatred replaced critical thinking and education. One such example is Taj Mahal – an unnecessary tomb built Instead of building a school or college that fool built a useless Tomb for himself and his wife.

Learning to memorise holy texts but learning nothing new,refusal to accept common knowledge is wierd.The fact that you even think that this is an intelligent question marks you as undereducated (nothing else counts). It’s time to stop telling stories around the fire and discover books, assuming your religion allows that.

MR man, am not here for story teller without proof, if u have anything about ISLAM and QURAN prove urself and let me see u.
If u don't have anything to say just keep quite. I qouted somes verses above to explain how those contradiction happened in ur book?
Pls explain those contradiction to me now or leave ur religion and find God,s religion
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 7:06am On May 04, 2013
Proffdada:
So if i tear part of your copy of Quran you won't attack me instead of leaving me to your allah's judgement?
If we continue to explain things to non muslim, they would still come with useless thinking.
Why do you want to tear it? Answer me
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Mintayo(m): 7:10am On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:

WHO'S SON? Sorry man u can't defend it just accept that ur Bible is ...........

very funny,the Bible is corrupt,is altered,yet u quote extensively from it to validitate the quran(i quess ur prophet told u to do that)...very funny-you cannot say when,who and how it was corrupted.
Isnt yr hadith and quran strong enough...
You quote the same verse of the Bible over and over again.
I believe u knw that ur quran is babaric and contradictory...
How can i follow a religion which the founder dnt even knw where he will end up?

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 7:11am On May 04, 2013
Another way to teach non muslim about islam is that Quran was from God while other books was full of contradiction.
HERE BELOW ARE MY PROOF TO CALL UR BIBLE UNHOLY:

1a). 2 Samuel 24:1
24 And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

1b). 1 Chronicles 21:1
21 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

QUESTION------( is lord of david then satan)

2a). 2 Samuel 8:4
4 And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven hundred horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: and David houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them for an hundred chariots.

2b). 1 Chronicles 18:4
4 And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven thousand horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: David also houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them an hundred chariots.

QUESTION--(seven hundred OR seven thousand)

3a). 2 Samuel 10:18
18 And the Syrians fled before Israel; and David slew the men of seven hundred chariots of the Syrians, and forty thousand horsemen, and smote Shobach the captain of their host, who died there.

3b). 1 Chronicles 19:18
18 But the Syrians fled before Israel; and David slew of the Syrians seven thousand men which fought in chariots, and forty thousand footmen, and killed Shophach the captain of the host.

QUESTION--(seven hundred chariots OR seven thousand men? Forty thousand horsemen OR footmen? Shobach OR shophach)

4a). 2 Kings 8:26
26 Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel

4b). 2 Chronicles 22:2
2 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri.

QUESTION---( twenty two OR forty two years)

5a). 2 Kings 24:8
8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.

5b). 2 Chronicles 36:9
9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord.

QUESTION---(eighteen yrs OR eight yrs? Three mths OR three mths and ten days)

FROM NEW TESTAMENT

1a). John 5:37
37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

1b). John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

2a). John 5:31
31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

2b). John 8:14
14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

I NEED EXPLANATION FROM MY. FELLOW CHRISTIAN
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by sleemoon(m): 7:12am On May 04, 2013
nice one bro.... really av bin looking for dis kind of article....i pray Allah swa reward u abundantly
ayenny02:
ISLAM is arabic word which means surrender to d will of God, Those who practice religion of islam are called Muslim. Muslim is an arabic word and which means worshiper of none except Allah alone.

Also Allah is an Arabic word which means God, Supreme Being. In Hebrew language God means ELOHA but jews use plural form ELOHIM. It is not subject to plurality or gender. It is confusing to use the word God as many English-speaking Christian still consider Jesus as God, even the word creator is also confusing, as many christians still maintain that jesus had created the world.

If u can access to Arabic Bible that those christian arabs are using, you will see that God in that bible translate to Allah

Not only the name of Allah is strange, but also the way muslims worship Allah with ablution, bowing, kneeling, prostration and fasting is strange to non-muslim, but not strange to all prophets.

While ablution (washing of face, arms, feet and moistening of d hair) prior to worship is abandoned by modern christian, it is still required by muslim and previous prophets, as seen in the following passages of the Bible: Exodus 40:31-32
31 And Moses and Aaron and his sons washed their hands and their feet thereat:
32 When they went into the tent of the congregation, and when they came near unto the altar, they washed; as the Lord commanded Moses.

John 13:12-15
12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

Although Paul made many changes in jesus teaching, he was still faithful in respect to ablution(purification) as seen in Act 21:26;
26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Muslim Women perform their prayer with their head covered as 1 cor 11:5, 6 and 13;
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

Muslims worship with bowing, kneeling, prostration and without shoes as done by previous Prophet;
Psalm 95:6
6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker.

Joshua 5:14
14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?

Nehemiah 8:4-6
4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.

5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the peoplewink and when he opened it, all the people stood up:

6 And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

Matthew 4:10
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 7:12am On May 04, 2013
alexis:

That's what you all say when the Quran is put under a micro-scope. I have been called a liar, stupi.d., void of truth because I said the Allah of the Quran and God in the Bible are different.

For you guys to debate and present FACTS & EVIDENCE, you result to personal attacks. Whenever "certain" "touchy" Islmic subject is brought up and you folks can't debate rationally - you start attacking the person.

None of you have provided an AUTHORITATIVE answer to DeSika post. For example: It is in the Quran that:

1. Moses was the first Muslim
2. Muhammed was the first Muslim
3. Adam was the first Muslim

How can one source give 3 DIFFERENT accounts. How can God ALMIGHTY give 3 different accounts on who was the first muslim?

If you or Desika could show proof from the Quran of this "3 DIFFERENT accounts" I would be more than happy to provide AUTHORITATIVE answer, else I wont waste my precious time over mere conjectures from someone who asked to be shown the light yet his eyes remained shut.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 7:13am On May 04, 2013
Mintayo:

very funny,the Bible is corrupt,is altered,yet u quote extensively from it to validitate the quran(i quess ur prophet told u to do that)...very funny-you cannot say when,who and how it was corrupted.
Isnt yr hadith and quran strong enough...
You quote the same verse of the Bible over and over again.
I believe u knw that ur quran is babaric and contradictory...
How can i follow a religion which the founder dnt even knw where he will end up?
I don't need sorry MAN, please explain those above verses to me and bring any contradiction in Quran if you can?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by olumidazz: 7:20am On May 04, 2013
@talk2me006 and tintinz, if u knew who I am u would dare not insult so I forgive you for that. I hv asked you to disprove desika in all he has portended here based on logical myths or common reasoning even though they are without facts. Ayeni an lyrix hv not made any sense with their contributions, desika had dealt with their delusions succinctly. It is not enough to just say desika is confused when infact you have not disprove his points, if and when you do, only then would you have convinced a whole lot of rational thinkers how confused desika is. That's my point.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Proffdada: 7:20am On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:
If we continue to explain things to non muslim, they would still come with useless thinking.
Why do you want to tear it? Answer me

Same reason i tear newspapera
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ayenny02(m): 7:32am On May 04, 2013
olumidazz: @talk2me006 and tintinz, if u knew who I am u would dare not insult so I forgive you for that. I hv asked you to disprove desika in all he has portended here based on logical myths or common reasoning even though they are without facts. Ayeni an lyrix hv not made any sense with their contributions, desika had dealt with their delusions succinctly. It is not enough to just say desika is confused when infact you have not disprove his points, if and when you do, only then would you have convinced a whole lot of rational thinkers how confused desika is. That's my point.

You don't need to say "who are u" if u have anything to say, say it and let us hear u. I. Known that you people have anti islam websites to go there and copy and paste. Alhamdulilah islam is the religion of God, No one on this earth can bring anything against islam that we muslims will not defend it, thks to our USTAZ that have done a great job on islam. UNLIKE other religion that............

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Obiagu1(m): 7:33am On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:

Christians means followers of Christ.
Now tell me which of those verses is in the New Testament?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 7:34am On May 04, 2013
ayenny02:
MR man, am not here for story teller without proof, if u have anything about ISLAM and QURAN prove urself and let me see u.
If u don't have anything to say just keep quite. I qouted somes verses above to explain how those contradiction happened in ur book?
Pls explain those contradiction to me now or leave ur religion and find God,s religion

I do not have a religion, I am happy to be free from any form of religion. According to an earlier comment of yours,Allah is musculine,which sounds wierd. As far as i am concerned,God is a state or level of concsiousness not a finite being. Therefore,Allah is finite and demands worship. God mind is all Love and true love doesnt demand worship.you do not fight for it neither does it inspire a book.

The word Islam is derived from the Arabic verb aslama, which means to accept, surrender, or submit. Thus, a follower of Islam must agree to be a simple puppet submitting to whatever he is being told, from his clerics or holy books. The problem becomes clear when the holy book is authored by an individual that can only be described as: an oppressive warlord, murderer, bigot and a pedophile. You don’t need to be smart to understand that you have found the perfect prescription for pain chaos and suffering. I hear muslim claim Boko haram are not following the Quran ...but aint there scriptures backing them up?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40)

Is Applying Of Relaxer A Sin In Islam? / Ogun Prophet & His Sons Convert To Islam, Cut Off Their Dreadlocks (Photos) / Dangote Sultan Adamawa Converts British Woman, Delgado To Islam (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.