Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? (28935 Views)

Atheists: What Are Your Views On Miracles? / Why Atheists Reject The Concept Of Miracles And Supernatural Occurrences / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 2:10pm On May 01, 2013
Purist: I'm beginning to tire out. Since this thread hit the front page, it's been really difficult keeping up with the numerous nonsense flying in left, right and centre. I really hope that some people here have learned one or two things from our posts explaining those things they think are voodoo. I leave the rest to you guys now: jayriginal, dare2think, mazaje, musKeeto et al. cheesy

I'll continue to monitor this thread and chip in when I think my input is required. Cheers. cool

lol. I'm tired myself.

The internet and social media is out there for all, yet so much stupidity beyond comprehension.

Everybody should possess the right to believe what they want.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 01, 2013
dare2think:

Firstly, I would like to address the authenticity of the video you posted. I watched it carefully and analysed it several times. The production of the video is highly suspect especially between 1.56- 1.57. The bird landed on the red carpet and the next second its on the concrete floor. Can you explain.

Secondly, here is my own explanation of what may have caused the bird to 'fall'

http://www.avianweb.com/seizures.html
http://www.mickaboo.com/newsletter/jan12/art6.2.html

'Stress: Some birds (particularly budgies) are susceptible to "stress seizures" - also referred to as " cardiac racing syndrome" - and most of the time, they will come right out of it once they calm down. For birds that easily stress out, a stress-free environment should be created as much as possible, before any major change, some homeopathic remedy (like the Rescue Remedy for Pets) might be indicated to help a pet deal with stresses.'

like i said before, you'll provide a twist to any video i put on here on spiritual happenings.. what if i told you i was there live what are you gonna say eh? the fact is, you've got this mindset not to believe in any thing spiritual, even if Jesus comes down, i don't think you'll believe, I'm done trying to convince you reetards... There's nothing i'll say that will change you.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 01, 2013
mazaje:

Obviously the bird was killed and the video edited, if you can see you will notice that the bird flew and landed on the red carpet suddenly the bird was on the floor without the carpet dead. . .The video does not have the bird flying and landing dead on the floor as a result of prayers and the chants and noise the people were making. . .The bird landed on the carpet next thing it is dead on the floor without the carpet. . .
Let me just ask you a question if i may... you believe in evolution and big bang so much eh tell me, did you see it happen with your two eyes?? no be dem say dem say dem tell you too this world is way too complex for it to just appear on its own, there is a supreme being, God is real, I've experienced him, you don't see the air but you believe its there dont you?? ask yourself, why is everything so oderly in this world so predictable each day has 24 hours, each month has 28/30/31 days, when you put a cup of hot water on the table, it cools after several minutes... etc Its takes faith to believe in God, God said it, seek me and you'll find me... If you seek him, trust me, you'll find hi

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 2:44pm On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni: like i said before, you'll provide a twist to any video i put on here on spiritual happenings.. what if i told you i was there live what are you gonna say eh? the fact is, you've got this mindset not to believe in any thing spiritual, even if Jesus comes down, i don't think you'll believe, I'm done trying to convince you reetards... There's nothing i'll say that will change you.

Your dont have to be aggressive!! It's really unecessary and deflective.

It's a legitimate 'twist'. If you were there then you are in a better position to tell us why the video is edited.

Can a bird land on a red carpet and the next second be on a concrete floor?

You tell me.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 01, 2013
dare2think:

Your dont have to be aggressive!! It's really unecessary and deflective.

It's a legitimate 'twist'. If you were there then you are in a better position to tell us why the video is edited.

Can a bird land on a red carpet and the next second be on a concrete floor?

You tell me.
the recording was paused in other to save memory... Cant you see?? After the owl passed out, the next scene was the burning scene
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 2:58pm On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni: the recording was paused in other to save memory... Cant you see?? After the owl passed out, the next scene was the burning scene

I was not referring to that moment.

I am referring to 1.56-1.57 in the video. Was that stopped to save memory?

And since you were present at the event, did the bird fly in during the service or was the bird already in the church ?

I just want to know how everyone in the church reached the conclusion that the bird is evil!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by mazaje(m): 2:59pm On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni: the recording was paused in other to save memory... Cant you see?? After the owl passed out, the next scene was the burning scene

The video does NOT show how the bird died, it just shows the bird flying, it showed the bird about to land on the carpet, next thing the bird was on the concrete floor close to the pastor dead. . how the bird was killed was not shown in the recording. . .The video was obviously edited to make it look as if the bird was killed by their chants and shouting . .

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 01, 2013
dare2think:

I was not referring to that moment.

I am referring to 1.56-1.57 in the video. Was that stopped to save recording?

And since you were present at the event, did the bird fly in during the service or was the bird already in the church ?

I just want to know how everyone in the church reached the conclusion that the bird is evil!
It flew in during the service dude, isn't it obvious?? don't know if the bird was evil or not, believe me, it was the chanting and praying that brought that bird down... You know what, you guys are confused, you don't know what you believe, you want to believe this, and you want to believe that, since you're so sure there's nothing supernatural in this world, why then are you looking for people to prove you wrong tell me, you dont believe in God, cos you've never experienced any of these things, fine, its your choice and i respect you for that... But the fact is that's plain IGNORANCE... I believe in the supernatural because, i've seen and experienced it before... I've had first hand experiences.. which i don't think i can discuss here..
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 01, 2013
mazaje:

The video does NOT show how the bird died, it just shows the bird flying, it showed the bird about to land on the carpet, next thing the bird was on the concrete floor close to the pastor dead. . how the bird was killed was not shown in the recording. . .The video was obviously edited to make it look as if the bird was killed by their chants and shouting . .
Ok.. I can't watch the video right now.. Network issues, when i watch it, i'll give you a reply
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:18pm On May 01, 2013
Purist:

@bolded: Therein lies the trick, and indeed, it's one of the oldest tricks in the book. The first "jazz" test is done with a real bullet on a poor animal to convince observers that what they are about to see is for real. The gun usually only contains just that ONE bullet. When the time comes to test the "jazz" on a real person, they shoot with blanks. Now note this: If someone is randomly selected from the crowd of observers to wear the jazz or shoot the gun, that random person was really not chosen "randomly" -- he/she is a part of the show. If there are other observers with their own guns to test and the "jazz" still seems to work, believe me, they are ALL a part of the charade.

If mazaje is really serious about your challenge, you are only going to get a foolish man killed. I very much would love for this to be tested and the video recorded as evidence, but I just cannot bear the thought that someone will die in this whole exercise. Unless mazaje chooses to shoot him where he's likely to survive, that's somewhat cool by me.

Really, I wholly recommend that you guys watch the movie "The Prestige" and learn how great magicians and illusionists are able to completely deceive people right in front of them, that they would leave those people SWEARING that what they just saw is beyond natural.

Let me tell you one secret. For every original thing, there is fake or we got mimic which are not real. Im not arguing this things cant be faked or those you witnessed aint fake. But on the other side of the fake, there is original. Only those that seek for it find it. I remember a yoruba saying 'ai rin ni ko jẹ ka ri abuke ọkẹrẹ, ti a ba rin ji nna, ao ri ẹja ti o yaarọ

People like you will say Ifa priest are fake and tricksters. But the problem you guys have is that you have not done critical investigation but follows every thing that works with belief. Though we have the fake ones like babalawo and all the fake juju men. But I have met Ifa priest that tell everything about me even when we are meeting for the first time. This same man will tell you your problem without you informing him. We got lot of them in the country but the fake ones have destroyed their dignity.
I have met both fake and original Ifa priest. The fact is not that you sit in which ever country you are and tell us that this thing at home is fake.

On the issue of gun and skin bullet proof, It up to you. Just take the challenge too like mazaje does. Im Atheist like you and will continue to say that these things happening which is not understood but confirmed by me can also be confirm by you. Writing trickish theory is not the issue here, the real fact is get your gun and confirm things out.

I have promised to record the scene and upload it here. You either shoot or watch the thing happening. Writing stuff here wont change the fact. Take it or leave it.

OR I WILL GIVE YOU THE OPTION OF MAGUN. I dont know what you people call it in English, I will give you tight gal (olosho), I will set the product on her myself and you go in with her. You are allowed to use condom or any s.ex style. You will know what the result will be. So as not to die, you will drink the gal urine. You can bet on this.

And if you are married, I will give the option of hit and fall. I promise to get 20 litre of water which you will drink cuz that will be the only remedy.

Or the option of stopping your car engine from working. You can drive it down. I promise it wont move an inch unless dragged away from the scene.

Pick up any challenge you got there. South-west is big but can still make it anywhere therein.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 3:28pm On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni: It flew in during the service dude, isn't it obvious?? don't know if the bird was evil or not, believe me, it was the chanting and praying that brought that bird down... You know what, you guys are confused, you don't know what you believe, you want to believe this, and you want to believe that, since you're so sure there's nothing supernatural in this world, why then are you looking for people to prove you wrong tell me, you dont believe in God, cos you've never experienced any of these things, fine, its your choice and i respect you for that... But the fact is that's plain IGNORANCE... I believe in the supernatural because, i've seen and experienced it before... I've had first hand experiences.. which i don't think i can discuss here..

Again, you do not need to get irate over simple questions, except if your convictions are not as strong as you profess, else there is no need for unwarranted venting especially as I'm dealing with you in a cordial manner.

Secondly, How am I to know the bird flew in? do I have 'supernatural powers'? Did the video show that?

You don't know if the bird is evil or not but the prayers and chantings brought it down!! And you have the nerve to call people confused!!

I don't think it is healthy for a society to be subject to downright foolishness and those that sees the foolishness should keep quiet.

Explain what happened in the video in a split second from 1.56-1.57 when you are free.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 01, 2013
dare2think:

Again, you do not need to get irate over simple questions, except if your convictions are not as strong as you profess, else there is no need for unwarranted venting especially as I'm dealing with you in cordial manner.

Secondly, How am I to know the bird flew in? do I have 'supernatural powers'? Did the video show that?

You don't know if the bird is evil or not but the prayers and chantings brought it down!! And you have the nerve to call people confused!!

I don't think it is healthy for a society to be subject to downright foolishness and those that sees the foolishness should keep quiet.

Explain what happened in the video in a split second from 1.56-1.57 when you are able to.
My tone isnt rude, you're just misunderstanding me
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by LordBabs(m): 3:34pm On May 01, 2013
Wonders happen. They're real. Seeing is convincing. But the term 'supernaturalism' merely exists in the mind and not within the boundary of mother nature. Any wonders happening within the boundary of nature are understandably governed by the laws of nature. That something is not obvious or explainable doesn't make such thing super-natural. Is energy obvious? That hurricane isn't an obvious occurrence in Africa doesn't make hurricane a supernatural thing. It'd be extraterritorially insane to suggest that the supernatural exists within the boundaries of nature(what is natural). Hence, all that we can see(explainable or inexplainable), in terms of wonders are nothing but natural wonders(i.e.the wonders of nature), while we have in mind that these wonders are commandeered by the governing laws of nature!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 3:35pm On May 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

OR I WILL GIVE YOU THE OPTION OF MAGUN. I dont know what you people call it in English, I will give you tight gal (olosho), I will set the product on her myself and you go in with her. You are allowed to use condom or any s.ex style. You will know what the result will be. So as not to die, you will drink the gal urine. You can bet on this.

And if you are married, I will give the option of hit and fall. I promise to get 20 litre of water which you will drink cuz that will be the only remedy.

Or the option of stopping your car engine from working. You can drive it down. I promise it wont move an inch unless dragged away from the scene.

Pick up any challenge you got there. South-west is big but can still make it anywhere therein.

Have you done all the above before?
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 3:37pm On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni: My tone isnt rude, you're just misunderstanding me

Perhaps.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 3:41pm On May 01, 2013
Lord Babs: Wonders happen. They're real. Seeing is convincing. But the term 'supernaturalism' merely exists in the mind and not within the boundary of mother nature. Any wonders happening within the boundary of nature are understandably governed by the laws of nature. [b]That something is not obvious or explainable doesn't make such thing super-natura[/b]l. Is energy obvious? That hurricane isn't an obvious occurrence in Africa doesn't make hurricane a supernatural thing. It'd be extraterritorially insane to suggest that the supernatural exists within the boundaries of nature(what is natural). Hence, all that we can see(explainable or inexplainable), in terms of wonders are nothing but natural wonders(i.e.the wonders of nature), while we have in mind that these wonders are commandeered by the governing laws of nature!

A lot of things were deemeed supernatural in the stone ages only to be refuted in modern times. Several examples all arounds the world.

We used to kill twins in some parts of Nigeria because they were deemed evil.
England used to burn witches and were convinced they could fly.

The fact that you cannot find explanation to something does not elevate it to the supernatural context.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 01, 2013
Jallowba how you doing? Where have u been? shocked shocked grin
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:44pm On May 01, 2013
dare2think:

Have you done all the above before?

I have not shoot a gun once. But dare me with others pls. Are you in Nigeria? You can make option and just let it happen
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 01, 2013
dare2think:

A lot of things were deemeed supernatural in the stone ages only to be refuted in modern times. Several examples all arounds the world.

We used to kill twins in some parts of Nigeria because they were deemed evil.
England used to burn witches and were convinced they could fly.

The fact that you cannot find explanation to something does not elevate it to the supernatural context.
You're scared of discovering the fact, that you could be wrong.. Folykaze is daring you, Pick a dare... Or are you scared??
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 3:47pm On May 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I have not shoot a gun once. But dare me with others pls. Are you in Nigeria? You can make option and just let it happen

I'll wait for the video.

So you have done the rest except shooting?

The magun and all?
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:47pm On May 01, 2013
Lord Babs: Wonders happen. They're real. Seeing is convincing. But the term 'supernaturalism' merely exists in the mind and not within the boundary of mother nature. Any wonders happening within the boundary of nature are understandably governed by the laws of nature. That something is not obvious or explainable doesn't make such thing super-natural. Is energy obvious? That hurricane isn't an obvious occurrence in Africa doesn't make hurricane a supernatural thing. It'd be extraterritorially insane to suggest that the supernatural exists within the boundaries of nature(what is natural). Hence, all that we can see(explainable or inexplainable), in terms of wonders are nothing but natural wonders(i.e.the wonders of nature), while we have in mind that these wonders are commandeered by the governing laws of nature!

You got my point there.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:48pm On May 01, 2013
dare2think:

I'll wait for the video.

So you have done the rest except shooting?

The magun and all?

If you want video, then wait for it. Your answers are therein
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 3:51pm On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni: You're scared of discovering the fact, that you could be wrong.. Folykaze is daring you, Pick a dare... Or are you scared??

'Dare'!! are we in a kindergarten school.

So the supernatural now works with proximity, one has to be around to it to work.

You want a dare?

Ok, I dare him to use his charm, juju and all that nonsense to make me have paralysis so I am unable to type over the next few days.

You wanted a dare, that's my dare!!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:53pm On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni: You're scared of discovering the fact, that you could be wrong.. Folykaze is daring you, Pick a dare... Or are you scared??

folks here are just presenting trickish theories. They forget that at the other side of fake is original.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 01, 2013
dare2think:

'Dare'!! are we in a kindergarten school.

So the supernatural now works with proximity, one has to be around to it to work.

You want a dare?

Ok, I dare him to use his charm, juju and all that nonsense to make me have paralysis so I am unable to type over the next few days.

You wanted a dare, that's my dare!!
He gave you options he's sure will work, and you're giving him another option Pick one of those things he gave you
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 3:55pm On May 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

If you want video, then wait for it. Your answers are therein

Untill then, can you buy a fowl and experiment it for all to see?

A fowl should not be that expensive and I assume you have a camera phone.

Let start with that.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 01, 2013
*Unfollows thread* Its becoming boring..
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 01, 2013
dare2think:

Untill then, can you buy a fowl and experiment it for all to see?

A fowl should not be that expensive and I assume you have a camera phone.

Let start with that.
Wait! If it works, if he proves to you that supernatural realm really exists, what then will you do Convert to theism?
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 3:58pm On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni: He gave you options he's sure will work, and you're giving him another option Pick one of those things he gave you

Dear Toluwarni,

I can't work by his option as I have a life outside this forum and I make it to where he his. Hence the reason I gave my own options.

Besides, I have suggested a more practical option.

Get A fowl.

Get a camera phone

Use your supernatural power

Upload it here tomorrow.

That should'nt be too hard!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 3:59pm On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni: Wait! If it works, if he proves to you that supernatural realm really exists, what then will you do Convert to theism?

I will swallow my pride, and follow whatever religion and practice that he does.

Oya, convince him.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Emusan(m): 4:00pm On May 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
People like you will say Ifa priest are fake and tricksters. But the problem you guys have is that you have not done critical investigation but follows every thing that works with belief. Though we have the fake ones like babalawo and all the fake juju men. But I have met Ifa priest that tell everything about me even when we are meeting for the first time. This same man will tell you your problem without you informing him. We got lot of them in the country but the fake ones have destroyed their dignity.
I have met both fake and original Ifa priest. The fact is not that you sit in which ever country you are and tell us that this thing at home is fake.

On the issue of gun and skin bullet proof, It up to you. Just take the challenge too like mazaje does. I'm Atheist like you and will continue to say that these things happening which is not understood but confirmed by me can also be confirm by you.
Writing trickish theory is not the issue here, the real fact is get your gun and confirm things out.

I have promised to record the scene and upload it here. You either shoot or watch the thing happening. Writing stuff here wont change the fact. Take it or leave it.

Sorry oooo @redcolor, you're not an atheist because atheist presupposition are materialism nothing like spirit. Once you include spirit everything under it materialism (atheist, humanist, evolutionist) are false which it has been proved wrong now. Nature does not make of only materials but with information. For more enlightment about INFORMATION visit here

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2/information-evidence-for-a-creator
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Emusan(m): 4:01pm On May 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

On the issue of gun and skin bullet proof, It up to you. Just take the challenge too like mazaje does. I'm Atheist like you and will continue to say that these things happening which is not understood but confirmed by me can also be confirm by you.
Writing trickish theory is not the issue here, the real fact is get your gun and confirm things out.

Sorry oooo @redcolor, you're not an atheist because atheist presupposition are materialism nothing like spirit. Once you include spirit everything under it materialism (atheist, humanist, evolutionist) are false which it has been proved wrong now. Nature does not make of only materials but with information i.e like the one you're proving wright now. For more enlightment about INFORMATION visit here

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2/information-evidence-for-a-creator

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi's Daughter Sophie Bags Masters Degree In Law At Atlanta. Pics / Kumuyi Dedicates Bayelsa State New Governor's Office (photos) / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.