Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? (28930 Views)

Atheists: What Are Your Views On Miracles? / Why Atheists Reject The Concept Of Miracles And Supernatural Occurrences / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 4:20pm On May 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Let me tell you one secret. For every original thing, there is fake or we got mimic which are not real. Im not arguing this things cant be faked or those you witnessed aint fake. But on the other side of the fake, there is original. Only those that seek for it find it. I remember a yoruba saying 'ai rin ni ko jẹ ka ri abuke ọkẹrẹ, ti a ba rin ji nna, ao ri ẹja ti o yaarọ.

From the way you sound, I can almost tell the kind of person you are already. You're one of those people that would tell another person, "forget it, I KNOW what I'm talking about" with so much assurance, even when spewing complete bullocks. grin First of all, this no "secret". Stop trying to induce mystic talks to cajole me into believing your bullshit. Secondly, a trick is not a fake; a trick is simply a trick -- there is no other end of any spectrum that would render one either fake or original. Don't try to depict an "either-or" situation here because there is none. If there is a trick performed, it simply means that what is being depicted is impossible to execute in reality. Hence, the reason why you are being cleverly tricked into believing, using various natural methods.

FOLYKAZE:
People like you will say Ifa priest are fake and tricksters. But the problem you guys have is that you have not done critical investigation but follows every thing that works with belief. Though we have the fake ones like babalawo and all the fake juju men. But I have met Ifa priest that tell everything about me even when we are meeting for the first time. This same man will tell you your problem without you informing him. We got lot of them in the country but the fake ones have destroyed their dignity.
I have met both fake and original Ifa priest. The fact is not that you sit in which ever country you are and tell us that this thing at home is fake.

Dude, I spent a substantial amount of my life in Nigeria so I can very much relate with all you're saying. As a matter of fact, I schooled in the very superstitious town of Ile-Ife, which means that I have heard even more fantastic stories than all you have written here. On the contrary, you are the one not doing enough critical thinking. You are simply being wowed by things that have perfectly natural explanations, but you haven't bothered to investigate because you just WANT to believe they're indeed supernatural. See, we all get wowed from time to time when we see things that do not conform to our everyday experience. However, you should learn to engage your mind critically and try to UNDERSTAND what makes that thing seem the way it is. As jayriginal submitted earlier, if you are unable to get an explanation, or you fail to understand it at that moment, you should file it under "unresolved", and NOT "supernatural". Trust me, there's always an explanation. Always! No matter how extraordinary that experience might seem.

The Ifa priest that allegedly told you everything about yourself used a common technique employed by psychics and mentalists, known as Cold Reading. Read about it. There's nothing supernatural about that at all.

FOLYKAZE:
On the issue of gun and skin bullet proof, It up to you. Just take the challenge too like mazaje does. Im Atheist like you and will continue to say that these things happening which is not understood but confirmed by me can also be confirm by you. Writing trickish theory is not the issue here, the real fact is get your gun and confirm things out.

I have promised to record the scene and upload it here. You either shoot or watch the thing happening. Writing stuff here wont change the fact. Take it or leave it.

OR I WILL GIVE YOU THE OPTION OF MAGUN. I dont know what you people call it in English, I will give you tight gal (olosho), I will set the product on her myself and you go in with her. You are allowed to use condom or any s.ex style. You will know what the result will be. So as not to die, you will drink the gal urine. You can bet on this.

And if you are married, I will give the option of hit and fall. I promise to get 20 litre of water which you will drink cuz that will be the only remedy.

Or the option of stopping your car engine from working. You can drive it down. I promise it wont move an inch unless dragged away from the scene.

Pick up any challenge you got there. South-west is big but can still make it anywhere therein.

Lol, you've got jokes, mate. I sincerely would have loved to take you up on any of your challenges here, with independent observers around, on a neutral ground we both agree on. Unfortunately, I am not afforded the time or means to undergo that whole process with you just yet. Don't worry, mazaje will expose all those frauds soon. I trust him. grin

By the way, so you mean that you are able to do all of these things, or you know people who can, and you haven't invited the James Randi foundation to claim your $1 million yet? In case you're not aware, there has been this huge prize money since 1964 for anyone who can prove or demonstrate the existence of the supernatural. It's called the One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge. Guess what? Many people like you have come forward with various claims and have tried to DEMONSTRATE these so-called powers in a controlled environment -- over 1000 people in 40 years. Needless to say, every single one of them has failed spectacularly.

Now don't tell me you don't need the money. Even if you don't need it, you still stand a lot to gain by successfully CONVINCING the whole world that the supernatural or paranormal exists. At least, people like me will then be able to shut up for good. Come on, give it a try if you're so sure of yourself. wink

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 4:42pm On May 01, 2013
Purist,

Why are you prolonging issues, let this dude test his magic on a chicken and upload it tomorrow.

That can't be too difficult
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 4:57pm On May 01, 2013
^^ lol, a video can still be edited, like the "evil bird" video. I want him to chop some cool dollars to boot. cheesy
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 01, 2013
Purist: ^^ lol, a video can still be edited, like the "evil bird" video. I want him to chop some cool dollars to boot. cheesy
Dude! I recorded that video my self... So please, don't say its edited, because you weren't there when it happened
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by GrownMan(m): 5:53pm On May 01, 2013
In short... fear God!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Emusan(m): 6:09pm On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni: Dude! I recorded that video my self... So please, don't say its edited, because you weren't there when it happened

You don't know them before, if you provide evidence they will redicule it, if you don't they'll ask for it.

I created a thread titled "Information: Evidence of a creator" many of them (atheist) ignored it. It's only ooman that try to stay but at the end he loose.

So if you continue to argue with them they'll always find an excuse.

For more details about creationist scientist that expose the hidden lies of atheist scientist search this link.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2

take your time to read all the message there don't rush it might take you more than a week never mind and give up. Thanks
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:29pm On May 01, 2013
@ Purist

You can make it happen. I want that money, I will share some with you.

All you've said didn't prove otherwise. Until Mazaje prove this with his video, I guess we all gon get money
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:31pm On May 01, 2013
@ dare2think

You will come here again to tell us the video is edited. Come yourself and witness this.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 6:36pm On May 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE: @ dare2think

You will come here again to tell us the video is edited. Come yourself and witness this.

Cheap escapism!

The video that I said is edited has still not been explained so what are u on about!

Why not debunk the 'edited' claim first! Or can you explain on his behalf?

@emusan
Can you please watch the video and honestly tell me 1.56-1.57 is perfectly ok.

Honesty is a value we should all ascribe to regardless of our affiliation.

Did any of you even consider reading my own version on why I feel the bird fell and debunked the theory?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 7:35pm On May 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE: @ Purist
You can make it happen. I want that money, I will share some with you.

Good, now we're getting somewhere.

1. Read the rules and guidelines here: http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge/challenge-faq.html

2. Download the application form here: http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge/challenge-application.html

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dorox(m): 9:52pm On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni: Dude! I recorded that video my self... So please, don't say its edited, because you weren't there when it happened
Hey! Mr cameraman, but the video was obviously edited between 1.56s/1.57. it is bad to tell lies in order to prove that the supernatural exist, it defeats your case.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 01, 2013
dorox:
Hey! Mr cameraman, but the video was obviously edited between 1.56s/1.57. it is bad to tell lies in order to prove that the supernatural exist, it defeats your case.
ok
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dorox(m): 10:18pm On May 01, 2013
Some years back, a friend of mine tried to prove to me that 'jazz' exist by using her personal eye witness account of OPC militants blowing up a building with an explosive egg. After applying a little pressure to her story, she changed it from "i saw it with my two n@ked koro-koro eyes" to "my mother told me she saw it happen right in front of her and I trust my mum not to lie to me." Then I told her to imagine that her mother was standing close to mob of OPC militants intent on causing damage to their rival/enemy's property and possibly life, chanting their war songs in the process, what does she think her mother will do?
Will she tip-toe right behind them and close enough to see that it was an egg that started the fire, or will she face the opposite direction and run for dear life?
It took her a full half of one minute of thinking through what i said to realise that her mother could not have seen an egg explode.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Derumania: 10:57pm On May 01, 2013
Purist:

From the way you sound, I can almost tell the kind of person you are already. You're one of those people that would tell another person, "forget it, I KNOW what I'm talking about" with so much assurance, even when spewing complete bullocks. grin First of all, this no "secret". Stop trying to induce mystic talks to cajole me into believing your bullshit. Secondly, a trick is not a fake; a trick is simply a trick -- there is no other end of any spectrum that would render one either fake or original. Don't try to depict an "either-or" situation here because there is none. If there is a trick performed, it simply means that what is being depicted is impossible to execute in reality. Hence, the reason why you are being cleverly tricked into believing, using various natural methods.

Dude, I spent a substantial amount of my life in Nigeria so I can very much relate with all you're saying. As a matter of fact, I schooled in the very superstitious town of Ile-Ife, which means that I have heard even more fantastic stories than all you have written here. On the contrary, you are the one not doing enough critical thinking. You are simply being wowed by things that have perfectly natural explanations, but you haven't bothered to investigate because you just WANT to believe they're indeed supernatural. See, we all get wowed from time to time when we see things that do not conform to our everyday experience. However, you should learn to engage your mind critically and try to UNDERSTAND what makes that thing seem the way it is. As jayriginal submitted earlier, if you are unable to get an explanation, or you fail to understand it at that moment, you should file it under "unresolved", and NOT "supernatural". Trust me, there's always an explanation. Always! No matter how extraordinary that experience might seem.

The Ifa priest that allegedly told you everything about yourself used a common technique employed by psychics and mentalists, known as Cold Reading. Read about it. There's nothing supernatural about that at all.

Lol, you've got jokes, mate. I sincerely would have loved to take you up on any of your challenges here, with independent observers around, on a neutral ground we both agree on. Unfortunately, I am not afforded the time or means to undergo that whole process with you just yet. Don't worry, mazaje will expose all those frauds soon. I trust him. grin

By the way, so you mean that you are able to do all of these things, or you know people who can, and you haven't invited the James Randi foundation to claim your $1 million yet? In case you're not aware, there has been this huge prize money since 1964 for anyone who can prove or demonstrate the existence of the supernatural. It's called the One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge. Guess what? Many people like you have come forward with various claims and have tried to DEMONSTRATE these so-called powers in a controlled environment -- over 1000 people in 40 years. Needless to say, every single one of them has failed spectacularly.

Now don't tell me you don't need the money. Even if you don't need it, you still stand a lot to gain by successfully CONVINCING the whole world that the supernatural or paranormal exists. At least, people like me will then be able to shut up for good. Come on, give it a try if you're so sure of yourself. wink

My brother,what u don't know is more than what u know.The truth is that people consult spirits and they receive messages from spirits.If u still want to prove stubborn on this issue,come to my area for an experiment on this issue.I will take you to a spiritualist that will tell u your name,mother's name and all ur secret issues without asking u any question.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by trolling(m): 11:49pm On May 01, 2013
Derumania:

My brother,what u don't know is more than what u know.The truth is that people consult spirits and they receive messages from spirits.If u still want to prove stubborn on this issue,come to my area for an experiment on this issue.I will take you to a spiritualist that will tell u your name,mother's name and all ur secret issues without asking u any question.
all they need is an experience then their mind will be changed...experience is the best teacher...even me before i gat into the truth some things were revealed to me thru an unfamiliar spirit..mind you i didnt seek for this revelation a friend of mine took me there when we were seeking ways to travel abroad and she did say something about me travelling and before you know it the revelation came to pass,the fact of the matter Spirits good or bad knows our past,present and future....call it precognition even Minority Report a movie by Tom cruise explains it
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 12:29am On May 02, 2013
Tunmi: I love this thread. And thanks to those who kept debunking these "supernatural" nonsense. You would think with all these juju and whatnot Naija would be the #1 nation in the world. At least electricity would be constant na.

Where is the thumbs up icon when I need it?

See Tunmi, why would we need private jets when our African science can transport us anywhere at the speed of light?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 12:43am On May 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Seeing and verification does this. A goat was killed with a double barrel in my presence and the same gun was pointed to a man which only burned his cloth and his skin was not touched. I moved closer to check, put my hand on this guy chest and sees that he was not wounded. I repeat, if you think this im saying is a lie, this guy will be forwarded to you any place in south west. Aint joking man

[size=18pt]I suggest you read about Jean Eugène Robert-Houdin. Please note his contribution in the Algerian war.[/size] Im an amateur hobbyist magician myself so when it comes to this type of thing, most know less than me. There are people that will tell you of my 'spiritual' powers. Look I met native doctors. Young fellas who confessed to me. Im not joking. Over beers they told me the "play".

Leave the nonsense where people use chloroform or the one where you are in a taxi and millions are found etc (note I said etc)
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 12:52am On May 02, 2013
Iykesmooth: Its rili so disgusting when people say supernatural things or magic do not exist? Are u on dis planet or wat? When i started believing was when i entered a bus and d conductor was collecting money and he asked a man 2 pay, the man said he hed no money then d conductor got mad and threatened 2 deal with him...... Wen d man got 2 his bus stop d conductor held his shirt and said he must pay!! D man asked d conductor 2 let go but he refused ... All he did was say a few incantations and touched d conductor , d conductor just started crawling on d floor and acting like a mad man... Everyone in d bus was scared!! Me included.... D driver and d few brave ones had 2 beg him b4 he made d conductor back 2 normal.... Dis was 2years ago... So u pple saying magic dosent exist should shut d Bleep up!!!

You know, some years ago, the story went round that certain numbers that would call your phone would cause death. If people got a call from a strange number, they would hyper react, sometimes causing death. Where death didnt occur, they would "give 'god' the glory".

Can I get a witness?

This crap was widespread. Some dying, some hospitalized. Me, I answered all my calls, even from strange area codes.

Thats all it was. People calling with international numbers were causing deaths with the ignorant. Psychosomatic deaths!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 12:58am On May 02, 2013
Deep Sight:
Mazaje,

I see that you have been in spectacular form on this thread.

grin
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 1:01am On May 02, 2013
dannyokec: Jesus walked on water then their was nothing like plexi glass explain?

Have you watched childs play chuky?
Living dead etc
Hav you heard of voodoo or boogie man
Have heard of the lawrence of american that died and tried raisin on the third day but was destroyed by thunder
Have.you watched the supernatural
People wit hiv postive turned negative after prayers no specific reference it happens everyday breark your dooms move around and talk to people you will surely meet some who was healed from hiv with evidence such medical results etc.
Have you read "HE SET THE CAPTIVES FREE"
Have you had of illuminati
Have you had of isakaba or bakasi
Have said enough I guess

Harry Potter got the better of Voldemort. Explain
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 1:03am On May 02, 2013
Tinyemeka:

Oyibo learner. Tell me how to get an uncracked egg into a bottle. Or a wooden crucifix.

Same method. Just soak the egg in vinegar.

Extra credit: go through whole thread
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 1:14am On May 02, 2013
Purist: I'm beginning to tire out. Since this thread hit the front page, it's been really difficult keeping up with the numerous nonsense flying in left, right and centre.

I swear down
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 1:16am On May 02, 2013
Toluwarni: like i said before, you'll provide a twist to any video i put on here on spiritual happenings.. what if i told you i was there live what are you gonna say eh? the fact is, you've got this mindset not to believe in any thing spiritual, even if Jesus comes down, i don't think you'll believe, I'm done trying to convince you reetards... There's nothing i'll say that will change you.

Yes Albus Einstein Dumbledore
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 1:26am On May 02, 2013

Will you shut up?

You think that that is the first time anyone is seeing that video here?

You need a physical application of justice to your personal physique. Lying swine!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 1:31am On May 02, 2013
Tolunonsense,

you just discredited yourself and your religion.

You are the type to serve "Satan" in the name of "God"
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by styca(m): 2:15am On May 02, 2013
Two days ago wit d understandin of jesus and d power in his name, I forbid a bird from stayin in a particular place and since then, it hasnt come. [/quote]

lol..this is the funiest episode...buahahhahaha.
Its ok dear, you need your belief so much. Hold unto it.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 7:01am On May 02, 2013
jayriginal: Tolunonsense,

you just discredited yourself and your religion.

You are the type to serve "Satan" in the name of "God"

Ok, so because it's not the first time you're seeing it here, that doesn't mean i wasn't the one who recorded the video... You're free to believe whatever nonsense you wanna believe, you're scared of knowing the truth.. LIsten, i say it AGAIN... I HAVE SINCE SUPERNATURAL OCCURENCES... Believe it or not, a guys joystick disappearing isn't natural... ITS FvCKING SUPERNATURAL... JAYRIGINAL, give your life to CHRIST and be saved. I can give you 101 reasons why God exists... I mean logical reasons, if you want em.. GOODDAY SIR
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 7:08am On May 02, 2013
jayriginal:

[size=18pt]I suggest you read about Jean Eugène Robert-Houdin. Please note his contribution in the Algerian war.[/size] Im an amateur hobbyist magician myself so when it comes to this type of thing, most know less than me. There are people that will tell you of my 'spiritual' powers. Look I met native doctors. Young fellas who confessed to me. Im not joking. Over beers they told me the "play".

Leave the nonsense where people use chloroform or the one where you are in a taxi and millions are found etc (note I said etc)

I also met scientists who told me, they made evolution up, and the whole big bang crap.. RUBBISH. Guy face the fact, just because a 'supernatural' experience hasnt happened to you, that doesnt mean it hasnt happened to any of us here... My friend's wife spirit husband(s) used to beat him up, every night.. I MEAN, EVERY SINGLE night. they'd pull off his clothes, beat him up.. Until he ran away from the house.. Explain that
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Emusan(m): 8:08am On May 02, 2013
dare2think:
@emusan
Can you please watch the video and honestly tell me 1.56-1.57 is perfectly ok.

Honesty is a value we should all ascribe to regardless of our affiliation.

Did any of you even consider reading my own version on why I feel the bird fell and debunked the theory?

I understand your point Mr. Dare!
Imagine many people on this thread sharing different experience. Ask yourself, are they living in the same area?

If I share my own story now to you it's storyyyy storyyyy but I won't waste my time on telling you.

But let me take you to scientific world the one you can understand and you base your believe upon.
Have you heard/read about INFORMATION? If you haven't try to do so. And I've created a thread on information titled "Information: evidence for a creator". I'm quite sure you will have viewed it but ignored it because many of you (atheist) can not disprove INFORMATION.

For you to know, according to atheist from ages made us to understand that nature consists only matter (that's why you'll see any atheist, humanist, evolutionist always fight againt spirituality) which are two foundamental entities (mass & energy) but now the third entity has been added 'INFORMATION'.

Now nature consists three foundamental entities:
*Mass (physical)
*Energy (force)
*Information (spirit)

* I called it SPIRIT because it is immaterial, it works like software, it can't be generate from a purely materials e.t.c just check the link sir.
Expand your knowledge on that here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1272650/information-evidence-creator/2#15517416

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2/information-evidence-for-a-creator
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 8:55am On May 02, 2013
No need for this argument, ghostofsparta just challenged you atheist.. the whole thing would be recorded on video www.nairaland.com/1272264/billyonaire-kindly-accept-supernatural-challenge/2
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 9:26am On May 02, 2013
Toluwarni: No need for this argument, ghostofsparta just challenged you atheist.. the whole thing would be recorded on video www.nairaland.com/1272264/billyonaire-kindly-accept-supernatural-challenge/2

It has been done before and nothing happened. You arent familiar with the religion section. I suggest you take your time and go through.

Start here
https://www.nairaland.com/445085/chalenge-huxleykay-17ogaga4luv-other-atheists#6032335
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 02, 2013
jayriginal:

It has been done before and nothing happened. You arent familiar with the religion section. I suggest you take your time and go through.

Start here
https://www.nairaland.com/445085/chalenge-huxleykay-17ogaga4luv-other-atheists#6032335
No body challenged you there, this is a challenge.. Someone is challenging you, accept the challenge, it's as simple as that.. Nothing more. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi's Daughter Sophie Bags Masters Degree In Law At Atlanta. Pics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.