Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? (28888 Views)

Atheists: What Are Your Views On Miracles? / Why Atheists Reject The Concept Of Miracles And Supernatural Occurrences / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by lekkie073(m): 12:05pm On May 01, 2013
trolling: Someone answer this question what is with some calabar girls wearing red
Trying to derail d thread?
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by mazaje(m): 12:08pm On May 01, 2013
lekkie073:
Our juju actually failed which buttresses my proposition that not all supernatural forces have an advantage over the natural.... The whites brought bombs and canons which our priests' supernatural powers could not withstand. QED!

really, i thought they said the had the ability to disappear, or turn into birds and fly away?. . .Read Lord Luggard's book and his testimony of what he saw , he narrated how one juju priest REALLy believed he could turn them into some kind of animals when they came cos he was hiding some criminal inside his shrine which was a sacred place. . .After reciting his incantations, the juju preist was arrested and locked up. Nothing happend. people tie animal skins and charge towards them, all that chaaged towards them with the animal skins tied round their waist ended up dead or seriously injured. . .People should STOP watching Yoruba films, nothing portrayed there is real or ever happens in real life, it is pure FICTION, people just believe that because they see something on TV it must be real even when its in a home drama series or movie. . .

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by trolling(m): 12:08pm On May 01, 2013
lekkie073:
Trying to derail d thread?
no I'm not I'm just curious
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by lekkie073(m): 12:11pm On May 01, 2013
trolling: no I'm not I'm just curious
Curiosity killed the troll shocked
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by trolling(m): 12:15pm On May 01, 2013
[quote author=lekkie073 I really want an answer for this
Curiosity killed the troll shocked[/quote]
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 01, 2013
Kai! Wetin sef?? E don too much.. I know you muzzcunts will still create another twist to this video, please tell me how this pastor killed this OWL... http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=lRkgTlsRLGY I have more videos if you want.. All izlm saying is, the spiritual realm is real, i've had first hand experiences
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 12:16pm On May 01, 2013
lekkie073:
Our juju actually failed which buttresses my proposition that not all supernatural forces have an advantage over the natural.... The whites brought bombs and canons which our priests' supernatural powers could not withstand. QED!
And this doesn't take away d fact dat our herbalists have supernatural capabilities

Really?

What fact? state them.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 12:17pm On May 01, 2013
Miss Ope:
I saw it with my eyes too ooo.... That faithful day ,, the guy was axed but there was no penetration however there were scars around his body.. Chai

The axe did not penetrate, yet he had scars on his body. Are you even listening to yourself?
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 01, 2013
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 01, 2013
Purist:

The axe did not penetrate, yet he had scars on his body. Are you even listening to yourself?
are you a learner
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by lekkie073(m): 12:21pm On May 01, 2013
dare2think:

Really?

What fact? state them.
Poor English composition. What fact? State 'them'. I can't state them, I can only state it which I have did.... R u a learner? grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 01, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=lRkgTlsRLGY Is this magic too?
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by lekkie073(m): 12:29pm On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=lRkgTlsRLGY Is this magic too?
It's supernatural..... How can u incant and a flying bird falls........ grin
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 12:33pm On May 01, 2013
lekkie073:
Poor English composition. What fact? State 'them'. I can't state them, I can only state it which I have did.... R u a learner? grin grin grin

My Bad, I had no Idea we are studying English. Judging from your post I contend you are in no position to lecture anyone.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 12:38pm On May 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I have watched people eating Iron in on Gunniess record. But this im saying about gun is very sure. I witnessed it seeing guys shouting themselves so as to test this voodoo. Mazaje might say that the gun used is empty bullet gun which just make loud sound. But this same gun was used to kill a goat. The goat was torn into pieces. Im not arguing that it supernatural. Only that I cant explain how this thing work. Like we have the bullet proof vest, this can be seem to be supernatural if not fully understand when compared to those hell weight bullet proof jacket used by our policemen. I dont care about your or anybody's money. If you want prove about this, come straight down to Ondo. Or make any arrangement where we can meet in south west, and you shoot which ever gun you come with. The option you going to have is either the gun wont penetrate the skin, or the gun will stop working when you point it to your target (whenever you turn it to something else, it will work fine again), or the gun burst and hit you from the back. I dare you this

@bolded: Therein lies the trick, and indeed, it's one of the oldest tricks in the book. The first "jazz" test is done with a real bullet on a poor animal to convince observers that what they are about to see is for real. The gun usually only contains just that ONE bullet. When the time comes to test the "jazz" on a real person, they shoot with blanks. Now note this: If someone is randomly selected from the crowd of observers to wear the jazz or shoot the gun, that random person was really not chosen "randomly" -- he/she is a part of the show. If there are other observers with their own guns to test and the "jazz" still seems to work, believe me, they are ALL a part of the charade.

If mazaje is really serious about your challenge, you are only going to get a foolish man killed. I very much would love for this to be tested and the video recorded as evidence, but I just cannot bear the thought that someone will die in this whole exercise. Unless mazaje chooses to shoot him where he's likely to survive, that's somewhat cool by me.

Really, I wholly recommend that you guys watch the movie "The Prestige" and learn how great magicians and illusionists are able to completely deceive people right in front of them, that they would leave those people SWEARING that what they just saw is beyond natural.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 01, 2013
mazaje:

There is NO supernatural that has ever been demonstrated any where. . .I have done sooooooo much personal research for myself..when i was loosing my faith in god and in religion i was almost running mad, and wanted to see any evidence of the supernatural at work, i slept in a cemetry and nothing happened, you can give ma any cemetrary of your choice and i will go and sleep there, the only condition is that i will come with my mosquito net because i wouldn't want what happened last time to happen again, the mosquitoes really messed me up real bad. . . .

Just hope that you know, one of the MAIN rerasons we are christians and muslims today and threw away our traditional religion and beliefs was because the white people were able to show us that our juju beliefs were all useless and impotent, they showed it to our ancestors live. . .They went into the evil forest the people were afraid of going into, destroyed the shrines, killed some of the most respected and powerful priest, demonized our beliefs and religions, took all the gods, there are many gods or symbol of gods laying in the british mesuem as we speak, symbols of revered gods people used to think were so powerful. The whites came enslaved many, banished many , destroyed many shrines, took away the gods as relics and forced the people against their wish to convert to christianity. . .

Where was the juju when white men came to our shores(remember juju was the only thing we knew then). . .If juju is real, the white mean would have been speaking igbo, yoruba and idoma by now. . .The white man would have been answering names like Obi, Ayodele and Osaze instead of us speaking their language , practicing their religion and answering their names. . .JUJU IS A MYTH. . .PLSSSSSSSSSSSS READ THE BOOK OF LORD LUGGARD where he gave his honest and sincere thoughts about what he saw in Nigeria when he first came and his thoughts on the JUJ the people used and how they tried to use the juju against them and how it ALL FAILED. . .
you cant become a believer without your deliberate decision. Its in the bible. Romans 10:9-10. For most pple, christianity is a religion. But its more than that. Its a new life. A relationship with God.
Ps:the bibilical prophecies have come true, or are coming true. We see them coming true everyday. The bible even talked about the character of men in these last days. Men would become God haters, unbelieving romans 1:29-32. Thats why we pray u believe. Its simple faith.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 12:54pm On May 01, 2013
Bearshare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ft0RjJmTSo

Not again please! I posted the explanation of this trick on this forum 3 years ago, but for your sake and others', I'll post it again. Here you go:

There are two basic methods ,
1) Clothes are designed for fast removal
2) They are not removed but drop (flap down) to reveal the garment underneath and the inside of the lowered part.

It's a combination of these that makes it complicated, together with the fact that they are specially designed, very very light stage costumes in silk so that when you start with say 10 layers on it appears normal.

An example of each method:

1) The clothes are not buttoned or zipped , would take way too long. They have loop and eye fixings and these are held together with a thread that runs through the paired up loops. The thread simply need fast removal and the clothes fall of, drop down... whatever. The fastest 'hands free' removal is to have a 'ring' on the top of the thread and this is hooked over something on the 'cover' i.e. the umbrella, screen, sheet etc and when you walk away or this is removed it pulls the thread and gravity does the rest. (Note; lead shot in hems would make it drop faster!)

2) Imagine a dress with the top half is a different colour on the inside and you wear a matching top underneath. If the top is separated at the shoulders, it can now flap downwards and become the skirt , showing the inside colour and the new top. Instant change.

Combine several of these to change designs, sleeves no sleeves, high neck, low neck , and that's it.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

For the glitter trick, they most likely used a technology where the clothes are made with either LCD sensors or small triggers that work like human muscles. For the LCD, a person offstage could simply signal the outfit to change color and design. With the muscle-like triggers, clothes can either be released or--more commonly--draw up or down to give the illusion of a different piece of clothing.

Link: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Magic-Illusion-2221/Quick-change-magic-trick.htm

Original post: https://www.nairaland.com/505643/sagamite-lets-discuss-agnostic-deism/1#6730384
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Emusan(m): 12:54pm On May 01, 2013
dare2think:
Lol, why the agro!!!
2 years ago I was on a plane, someone refused to keep quiet and the cabin crew threw him out of the plane mid air. When we landed guess what? (No parachute)

We saw the same person waiting at the airport.!!

Prove your story and I will prove mine!

Why are you exagerate just to support your claim?

Where did airplane crew throw the man out? Because airplane windows are unlike car's windows. Even if the one you entered has lock & hinge for closing & opening not at the mid-air we all know that.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 1:10pm On May 01, 2013
Emusan:

Why are you exagerate just to support your claim?

Where did airplane crew throw the man out? Because airplane windows are unlike car's windows. Even if the one you entered has lock & hinge for closing & opening not at the mid-air we all know that.

Oh, now I am the one exaggerating! Suddenly you are able to apply reason to my story even when you were not there but I cannot apply the same reason to other ridiculous stories.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 01, 2013
Supernatural is a religious framed up thing. The religious people coined it. Period!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 1:22pm On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRkgTlsRLGY

Firstly, I would like to address the authenticity of the video you posted. I watched it carefully and analysed it several times. The production of the video is highly suspect especially between 1.56- 1.57. The bird landed on the red carpet and the next second its on the concrete floor. Can you explain.

Secondly, here is my own explanation of what may have caused the bird to 'fall'

http://www.avianweb.com/seizures.html
http://www.mickaboo.com/newsletter/jan12/art6.2.html

'Stress: Some birds (particularly budgies) are susceptible to "stress seizures" - also referred to as " cardiac racing syndrome" - and most of the time, they will come right out of it once they calm down. For birds that easily stress out, a stress-free environment should be created as much as possible, before any major change, some homeopathic remedy (like the Rescue Remedy for Pets) might be indicated to help a pet deal with stresses.'
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:23pm On May 01, 2013
ogundokun: .
“Omode ko mo OGUN o npe lefe ....”

you get it my man
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by mazaje(m): 1:28pm On May 01, 2013
Purist:

@bolded: Therein lies the trick, and indeed, it's one of the oldest tricks in the book. The first "jazz" test is done with a real bullet on a poor animal to convince observers that what they are about to see is for real. The gun usually only contains just that ONE bullet. When the time comes to test the "jazz" on a real person, they shoot with blanks. Now note this: If someone is randomly selected from the crowd of observers to wear the jazz or shoot the gun, that random person was really not chosen "randomly" -- he/she is a part of the show. If there are other observers with their own guns to test and the "jazz" still seems to work, believe me, they are ALL a part of the charade.

If mazaje is really serious about your challenge, you are only going to get a foolish man killed. I very much would love for this to be tested and the video recorded as evidence, but I just cannot bear the thought that someone will die in this whole exercise. Unless mazaje chooses to shoot him where he's likely to survive, that's somewhat cool by me.

Really, I wholly recommend that you guys watch the movie "The Prestige" and learn how great magicians and illusionists are able to completely deceive people right in front of them, that they would leave those people SWEARING that what they just saw is beyond natural.

I am going to shoot the person on his leg, he will stay about 2 meters from me and I will use my own gun. . .An under taking MUST be taking so that I don't get arrested for shooting a person uncessarily. .The person MUST agree to it and sign the undertaking. . .I am VERY serious about this and will carry it out, if you are interested I will invite you over as well if you have the time and if you happen to be in Nigeria. . .
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by trolling(m): 1:31pm On May 01, 2013
So how do you explain black birds flying towards me trying to terrify me in a dream but I defeated them in it thru my God
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by DeepSight(m): 1:31pm On May 01, 2013
WE ARE ALL FIGHTING TO UNDERSTAND REALITY.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 1:36pm On May 01, 2013
AMvanquish: Hmmmm! Read some pointers here. Some have really been some food for thought. But i'd like to share an experience with y'all i had back in my high school days. Prior to that incident some 13-15 years ago, if any one would come n tell me about anything supernatural then; i would just shove ur story in the trash can. i am a"facts" n "seeing is believing type".
Back in school, there was this skinny kid;2 years my senior. Skinny kid then @ d time used to experience bouts of spiritual attack. He would be normal on most occasions and just like that his mood would change. His eyes would go red like suffering from appolo as we used to call it. His voice would change and become coarse. And someone would be speaking through that voice. Skinny Kid had this occurence rarely and when it happens, sometimes gets very restless and our alfa's then among us would get their Qur'an and start reading scriptures blasting away. The effect of the alfa's reading to him i never really knew. I used to feel this skinny kid just needed a good slap to come back to his senses. Moving on, we used to have this luggage room where our heavy luggage was locked away in during weekdays, only opened on weekends to guard against theft from thieving students. This Lug room was bound by two Iron roads being held by a concrete wall which when locked forms an "X" shape with 2 massive padlocks @ d tail ends. We had like four lug rooms @ d tym . Hmmm! On this particular day, Coming back frm skool, entered d hostel and about to enter my room. I chose to wait for a friend on the corridor when i spotted other students running out of the last two rooms on the floor. On a quick inquiry, i was told skinny kid was having another fit and was flinging everything in sight with much ease. They said he was flinging heavy stuff that normally he wouldnt be able too. I laughed it off as a joke, only for skinny kid to appear on the same corridor and move towards the closest lug room and pull out one of the rods out of the wall with extra tooo very much ease. when i saw what happened at dat moment, i now realized this was more serious than i had ever thot. Imaginge a burglar proof on your window being pulled out one time very easily from a freaking concrete wall. Dudes that were 4 times his size back then had used every trick in d book to get that lug room opened by all means neccessary to no avail countless times. And here is some skinny kid just comes and pulls it out like he is plucking mangoes. No one had to tell me to use my legs and bail like others. I dont use glasses and my eyes are preety damn good. I know what i saw and what i saw is def not normal. Where did skinny kid get that kind of physical prowess just like that! the rods were bound to the wall well and no cracks or anything! he held it like some javelin he about to throw! Because that cannot be pulled out by 1 or 2 0r 3 peeps, i mean huge peeps sef! Im not the only witness to that. It was just unbelievably freakin crazy how that could happen. We still refer to it as that "Hercules Moment" when me and old pals go down memory lane. So the supernatural for me def exists... Think what you like but i know what my eyes saw that day and that no be film trick... lie lie

smh. Here's your point in a nutshell:

1. I witnessed something I had never seen before in my life.
2. This thing I witnessed was so strange, I couldn't explain it.
3. Therefore, it is supernatural.

It's funny how for those of you who claim, "I never believed in these things, until I witnessed so and so with my own eyes", the things you claim changed your minds are no different from the very same things you supposedly used to dismiss as nonsense. This is indeed a pointer to how fragile our minds are as humans, and how much tendency we possess to lean towards mysticism when faced with uncertainty and fear.

Dude, indeed the things you saw were no film trick, but guess what? NONE of what you described suggests anything supernatural. What you just described above seems like the typical case of an individual with either Autism or Asperger's syndrome. People with these conditions are known to exhibit impulsive behaviours and abrupt mood swings. Those with Asperger's especially, are often known to have bipolar disorders. In more severe cases, these syndromes are accompanied by bouts of epilepsy and sleeplessness. This could explain the red eyes. As for the change in voice, many people suffering from Autism and Asperger's are known to mimic different voices, often times uncontrollably. There's no "someone" speaking through their voice, it's just a sorry condition they have to live with. Regarding his "Hercules moment", some of these people have also been observed to have unusual physical strengths, despite looking frail.

That Skinny Kid had no "spiritual attacks", he was just a poor sick boy who needed lots of CARE. sad
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 1:44pm On May 01, 2013
mazaje:

I am going to shoot the person on his leg, he will stay about 2 meters from me and I will use my own gun. . .An under taking MUST be taking so that I don't get arrested for shooting a person uncessarily. .The person MUST agree to it and sign the undertaking. . .I am VERY serious about this and will carry it out, if you are interested I will invite you over as well if you have the tie and if you happen to be in Nigeria. . .

Unfortunately, I won't be visiting Nigeria this summer. I'd very much love to personally record the whole thing and upload the video here on Nairaland so that these people will stop inundating us with falsehoods.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by mazaje(m): 1:49pm On May 01, 2013
Toluwarni:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRkgTlsRLGY

Obviously the bird was killed and the video edited, if you can see you will notice that the bird flew and landed on the red carpet suddenly the bird was on the floor without the carpet dead. . .The video does not have the bird flying and landing dead on the floor as a result of prayers and the chants and noise the people were making. . .The bird landed on the carpet next thing it is dead on the floor without the carpet. . .

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 1:55pm On May 01, 2013
I'm beginning to tire out. Since this thread hit the front page, it's been really difficult keeping up with the numerous nonsense flying in left, right and centre. I really hope that some people here have learned one or two things from our posts explaining those things they think are voodoo. I leave the rest to you guys now: jayriginal, dare2think, mazaje, musKeeto et al. cheesy

I'll continue to monitor this thread and chip in when I think my input is required. Cheers. cool
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Emusan(m): 1:55pm On May 01, 2013
Purist:
That Skinny Kid had no "spiritual attacks", he was just a poor sick boy who needed lots of CARE.

This thread is really interesting;
Freethinker vs atheist.
Who we win?

I don't want to comment before but seen your quoted post make me comment.

Somebody said a skinny boy "whenever the spirit came upon him, he will begin to do unusual things i.e carry heavy things. Yet you said "He sick and need to be taking care of"

How do you define your own sick?
I mean if someone sick.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 01, 2013
They murdered innocent bird out of religious silliness! What a shame. It proves how much that society has been brainwashed!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 2:06pm On May 01, 2013
Emusan:

This thread is really interesting;
Freethinker vs atheist.
Who we win?

I don't want to comment before but seen your quoted post make me comment.

Somebody said a skinny boy "whenever the spirit came upon him, he will begin to do unusual things i.e carry heavy things. Yet you said "He sick and need to be taking care of"

How do you define your own sick?
I mean if someone sick.

From that guy's story, the Skinny Kid, I suspect, had/has a severe case of autism or Asperger's syndrome. People with either one of these conditions exhibit most of the behaviours he described, including carrying heavy stuffs. And yes, while these conditions have no permanent treatments yet, they can be managed properly through medications and therapies. Skinny Kid needed to see a doctor, not a bunch of Alfas reciting ineffective Quranic verses to his ears.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Preaches Against Sending Children For Studies Abroad / Ebony Reigns' Mortuary Video Was Taken For Spiritual Purposes – Eagle Prophet / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Declares SPIRITUAL WAR Against Marine Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.