Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Osun Names Airport After Abiola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Names Airport After Abiola (11675 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

Ti won ba fi se e ohun ni ki o so (If dem swear for you e nor mean sey dem also must to swear for me,) you hear?
Why can't you ACN supporters be civil when faced with cold hard facts of the CLUELESSNESS of the idols you are selling through propaganda?
E-bullying won't work, so stop trying.
#FriendlyAdvice.

Assuming I am from the SE (just for the purpose of this your line of discussion) how does that exclude me from this thread?
Do you not participate in threads about the SE and other parts of Nigeria?

Show me where I said ALL you have stated above or forever keep your silence.
Deal

Afise wa lo ro ee, whenever you hear of anything good from SW you always want to remind us of something else they ought to have done when we all know your uncles, akala, ogd, oyinlola and co didn't do half of what these people are doing presently, had they done their parts we would have advanced beyond here. Am not politician but a citizen that isn't blind to happening in his sorrounding!

Do you want to tell me that is not all you do in every post concerning development in SW? Find something else they've not done to talk about?

I have all reasons to believe you're in the same class as mr globe, afam4eva, sincerewhatever, sunny bobo, etc.
Am sure you know what all of them (you) have in common!

Once again lo wa'se se, ma fi gbogbo life e gbe problem o ni problem kari!
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by EkoIle1: 4:19pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

Must you ACN supporters resort to bare face LIES since stretching the truth of aerodome-turned-cargo-airport does not suffice
Remember this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/807356/osun-farmers-head-lagos-aregbesolas

on this same forum some 15 months ago

What did I say about [size=13pt]unsustainable, media-friendly initiatives that hurts the tax-paying, long-suffering residents of the state of the living spring?[/size]

Your crocodile tears and concern for the people of Osun fools nobody and its not only redundant, its ignorant and foolish simply because you have no data, connection or any kind of knowledge regarding the state's economic health and future projections talk less opining anything about the state.

Fortunately for the people and the government of Osun, your usual bigoted and ignorant tantrums is confined and limited to the pages of NL.

To further articulate your ignorance and idiocy about this airport and.your ACN rubbish, the previous PDP administration in the same state stole or mismanaged N5 billion meant for the same airport with nothing to show for it.

But the light is at the end of the tunnel under the present administration simply because they did the most sensiible and prudent thing by giving the airport to the Nigerian military engineers to build.

Your silly next line of argument should be Aregbeshola conspired with the Nigerian Military to dupe the people of Osun...

Though I find you ignorant trolls on NL amusing and entertaining sometimes, but you people sink to the lowest depths of absurdity and shameful display sometimes...

You are better off shedding tears for your own back and non relevant village...

You people represent the very ugly side of Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 4:24pm On May 03, 2013
django1:

Afise wa lo ro ee, whenever you hear of anything good from SW you always want to remind us of something else they ought to have done when we all know your uncles, akala, ogd, oyinlola and co didn't do half of what these people are doing presently, had they done their parts we would have advanced beyond here. Am not politician but a citizen that isn't blind to happening in his sorrounding!

Do you want to tell me that is not all you do in every post concerning development in SW? Find something else they've not done to talk about?

I have all reasons to believe you're in the same class as mr globe, afam4eva, sincerewhatever, sunny bobo, etc.
Am sure you know what all of them (you) have in common!

Once again lo wa'se se, ma fi gbogbo life e gbe problem o ni problem kari!

Be rest assured that I have a very significant stake in the state of the living spring from different angles.
I will leave the rest of what you have written as I normally don't join in needless emotions and insults.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by mapet: 4:26pm On May 03, 2013
1. Your big question is lame. or tell me what has been the cry from the NADECO days, to AD to AC to ACN. who are the people that have touted the need for a sovereign national conference most? what do you think is the purpose and intent of a sovereign national conference.

2. I am beginning to see you more in the light of the noise you want to make on this forum than substance you should contribute
anonimi:

I can agree with the above portion of your post.
The big question is why has ACN not proposed true fiscal federalism based on revenue CONTRIBUTION as it was prior to the January 1966 coup of Nzeogwu.
Sheer HYPOCRISY and plain demagoguery tactics to whip up sentiments without taking appropriate legislative action

Anyone's guess.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 4:26pm On May 03, 2013
Eko Ile:

Your crocodile tears and concern for the people of Osun fools nobody and its not only redundant, its ignorant and foolish simply because you have no data, connection or any kind of knowledge regarding the state's economic health and future projections talk less opining anything about the state.

Fortunately for the people and the government of Osun, your usual bigoted and ignorant tantrums is confined and limited to the pages of NL.

To further articulate your ignorance and idiocy about this airport and.your ACN rubbish, the previous PDP administration in the same state stole or mismanaged N5 billion meant for the same airport with nothing to show for it.

But the light is at the end of the tunnel under the present administration simply because they did the most sensiible and prudent thing by giving the airport to the Nigerian military engineers to build.

Your silly next line of argument should be Aregbeshola conspired with the Nigerian Military to dupe the people of Osun...

Though I find you ignorant trolls on NL amusing and entertaining sometimes, but you people sink to the lowest depths of absurdity and shameful display sometimes...

You are better off shedding tears for your own back and non relevant village...

You people represent the very ugly side of Nigeria...

When you provide how much Aregberascal has sunk into this project in his past three years, then we can have a wholesome discussion.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 4:29pm On May 03, 2013
mapet: 1. Your big question is lame. or tell me what has been the cry from the NADECO days, to AD to AC to ACN. who are the people that have touted the need for a sovereign national conference most? what do you think is the purpose and intent of a sovereign national conference.

2. I am beginning to see you more in the light of the noise you want to make on this forum than substance you should contribute

The cry you refer to is just noise, simply put.
No meaningful legislative action despite at least two amendments to the 1999 constitution.
Hope you understand now?
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Gbawe: 4:54pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

When you provide how much Aregberascal has sunk into this project in his past three years, then we can have a wholesome discussion.

This is all you do. Lie about everything to do with progressive endeavour from ACN administrators only to get soundly discredited and exposed for the shameless lies. Remember your lies about Surulere on the Eko Ile thread where he showed the commissioning of the Anyaoku Estate? You never learn and are totally incapable of refraining from making a fool of yourself because of the mindless hatred that drives you and makes you unable to accept limits.

Now, boxed into a corner, you are inanely asking others to provide you with the amount Aregbesola has spent on this airport. First of all, who do you think we are here? Accountant Generals of Nigerian State or your fellow forumers? Is anyone here your 'teacher'? Why don't you find the information you need yourself, if such exist, and use it to support your lies masked as arguments?

Secondly if you don't know anything about what has been spent, then that means you are only here speaking out of ignorance, bad-mouthing this project mischievously and calling Aregbesola a scammer for nothing. This, in my book and even as I know it already, makes you a very dishonourable and perverse individual happy to slander others without any facts whatsoever.

Thirdly, and totally consistent with your lying nature, you claim to want the amount Aregbesola has spent on this airport in the "past three years" when this is a project that has been resurrected only of late specifically because of how it is deemed to be very complementary to the planned free trade zone.

What next Ogbeni? Try another lie on another tread and you will meet facts again. You should simply stop running around lying hatefully and learn to work with facts. Simply learn to say nothing if you cannot say anything good. That is better than lying.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=23159

Airport Project On Track – Osun Govt
Osun State government has disclosed its resolve to go ahead with the execution of airport project to facilitate socio-economic activities in the state.
This was disclosed by the Special Adviser (SA) to the Governor on Works and Transport, Engineer Sabitu Amudah at this year’s ministerial press briefing held at the Local Government Service Commission, within the state government secretariat in Osogbo.
In his address, he disclosed that the project would be a medium-sized airport for passengers and cargo flight, adding that the state government has gained the consent of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) for the project.
The airport project, according to the Special Adviser, is to complement the Omoluabi Free Trade Zone of the administration.

Amudah disclosed that the administration has concluded the award of the design and preparation of tender, for the construction of road projects across major towns in the state.
The projects include; Osogbo East bye-pass, dualisation of Osogbo-Ilesa road, Osogbo-Ibokun road, Gbongan-Akoda road and the rehabilitation of selected roads in Osogbo town.
He added that tender for the rehabilitation of some roads in Ilesa, Osogbo and Gbongan-Orile-Owu-Ajegunle to link Ijebu-Igbo roads have already been concluded and just waiting for award to contractors.
Furthermore, the SA maintained that the state government has further entered into agreement with the Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC), which would enable the state government to provide coaches to convey persons and goods on the Lagos-Ibadan-Osogbo axis.
According to him, the administration in the state would ensure free flow of traffic in the state by next year, through the combined effort of Vehicle Inspection Officers (VIO) and officials of the Osun Traffic Management Enforcement Committee (OTRAMEC).
“The state is also to ensure massive road maintenance by using some members of the OYES volunteer corps, who are trained engineers, after the ministry might have given them professional training”, Amudah added.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 03, 2013
^^^ don't worry he's going to come back with 18,000 naira minimum wage cheesy
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by ekoilee: 5:28pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

So you are just blabbing over the project and cost, but you know nothing about the project and cost?

Why should you be takeen seriously even considering the fact that you care less about the N5 billion the previous PDP administration spent on a ghost airport with no result...

See your retarded troll life?
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 03, 2013

Aregbe is doing well.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by freeR1: 6:31pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

Must you ACN supporters resort to bare face LIES since stretching the truth of aerodome-turned-cargo-airport does not suffice
Remember this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/807356/osun-farmers-head-lagos-aregbesolas

on this same forum some 15 months ago

What did I say about [size=13pt]unsustainable, media-friendly initiatives that hurts the tax-paying, long-suffering residents of the state of the living spring?[/size]

This is not about ACN or PDP, it is about simple economics. Your point noted, "the rail is working" but the airport serves a good purpose too. I expect export to international markets soon. The airport in Osun will create employment and also generate revenue for the state "that is fact". I also expect the state to begin marketing its tourism potentials especially the Osun Oshogbo festival. An airport in the state will also be excellent for this purpose.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by EkoIle1: 6:35pm On May 03, 2013
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by EkoIle1: 6:37pm On May 03, 2013

I so love and respect this state...
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by EkoIle1: 6:50pm On May 03, 2013

I like this....
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Jobos(m): 7:13pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

I can agree with the above portion of your post.
The big question is why has ACN not proposed true fiscal federalism based on revenue CONTRIBUTION as it was prior to the January 1966 coup of Nzeogwu.
Sheer HYPOCRISY and plain demagoguery tactics to whip up sentiments without taking appropriate legislative action

Anyone's guess.

Not only ACN but also SS agitated for resource control system of federalism as it is practise in USA. It was kill by northern leader in the house. Part of SW agenda is self sustAinance .
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by olaezebala: 7:54pm On May 03, 2013
kingingkinging:

You people are just jealous of the man or you have not been following the man's actions, check the following below:

1. He has created jobs both directly and indirectly- OYES- 40,000 people ;

u definitely don't stay in osun state if not u'll know that your oga dismissed the first set of oyes (20,000)
before taking the new set. So how did u get the 40,000 oyes o?

2. He invested heavily in agriculture- another way to create jobs for all and build the state economy through multiplier effects;

please whenever u are coming to online forum, pls back ur points with facts and figures. With ur claim here, how many people have being employed through ur so called investment? pls don't even think of FADAMA's project at all

3. He invested in environment with about 100 trucks for packing dirt-for job creation and wealth creation;

do u have the slightest idea about the trucks u talked about? Oga gave out this trucks at twice their prize to the poor people and also, more than 500k is being spent by the local government weekly in the name of packing dirt

4. He reduced school fees and has been paying subventions and grants fro students;

reduced school fees of uniosun alone right? do u that state owned higher institutions are currently on strike because oga didn't pay the staffs?

5. He has built Mega schools in all the local govt areas and has been feeding pupils in primary 1-3 daily creating jobs for the caterers and their staff

Daddy u can lie ooooooooo. Mega schools in all the local governmnt? haba !!! please upload pic of mega schools in just five local government and I apologize to u for saying u lied. The only mega school near completion is the one in Alekuwodo (osogbo) and in case u don't remember, this nov will be his third year in office.

6. He pays the elders in the state and gives free health care services;

last I checked about o'elders, Ogbeni said he's gonna pay some selected few as testing and i am yet to see anyone that got selected for payment. u can pls show me one ooo. free health care services? u must be kidding me. Go to Asubiaro state hospital and request to be treated for free. Are u a learner?

7 He has built health centres and repaired the old;

so local govt chairman work are now Aregbesola's project cause I can't remember where the one built by ogbeni is o.

8. He has built more roads than any gov since the creation of the state within 2 and half years;

Are u talking about isale aro-jaleyemi road or jaleyemi to old coca-cola cause those are the two roads I know that oga have completed while others are still receiving the usual dressing and kangaroo mobilization of workers without anything to show for it. Osogbo ilesa road as a case study, igbona-ayetoro-ikirun road also.

9. he has bought 200 vans for the law enforcement agencies-police, NSCDC, FRSC, etc;

thanks to him for helping the federal govt ooooooo
There other things I cannot remember now eg. he supports Tourism, education, etc

If you don't have a good reason to talk pls leave Aregbesola, he is the best thing to happen to Osun State.

As at now he ain't the best thing to happen to Osun. he is even the greatest mistake we osun people made. only those that are shying away from the truth will see him as a performer.

he pull down buildings in Alekuwodo in the name of road expansion only for him to start erecting fence and walk way. like seriously? Erecting fence from Ola iya to oke fia. I am yet to see the importance of such a wasteful spending.

Erected a large screen tv at oke-fia roundabout. How sensible is this? driving from gra to oke fia at night is hell cause the light of the screen enters my eyes directly and pls what economic importance does this initiative have for osun state?

O tree? like for real? people should come and collect free trees? this is one of his projects that can never be accounted for. If after a year He claimed to have distributed a million trees, where do u wanna trace the trees to? Embezzlement gallor.

Finally, do you know the debt profile of osun state? More than 200billion. which means Ur Oga borrowed an average of 100billion per year. by the time his celebrating his third year in office, the debt must have risen to 300billion.
He was shouting about his predecessor that borrowed 18 billion after he served for 7 years and he (the best gov according to u) already borrowed over 200billion in 2 years .
He is indeed the best

3 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by EkoIle1: 8:23pm On May 03, 2013
^^^^^^^ All talk but zero facts to dispute anything with...

Waste of space..
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Btruth: 8:28pm On May 03, 2013
Black Peni5: What about the University in Lagos...MAULAG?

What about it?
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by meforyou1(m): 8:29pm On May 03, 2013
The state of osun doesn't need an airport. U already have 3. - in ibadan, akure and ilorin. And the 3 are even struggling to survive due to their their proximities to benin and lagos. Can't governments in nigeria, for once, think?

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Meritbaba(m): 8:31pm On May 03, 2013
@olaezebala, I can't just stop laughing with ur comments above u must be very good comedian, I won't argue with you 2014 already near would be nice to see how Aregbe floors your(pdp) candidate again
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by olaezebala: 8:45pm On May 03, 2013
Meritbaba: @olaezebala, I can't just stop laughing with ur comments above u must be very good comedian, I won't argue with you 2014 already near would be nice to see how Aregbe floors your(pdp) candidate again
Sorry bro but I am not a politician neither do I support any party.
All I know is that all politicians are the same.
They all chop money only that some of them will "ko owo na" and people will at least see something they spend it on why the others will "ko owo je" and nothing to show for it but all the same they all "ko owo"
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by saheedonifade: 9:11pm On May 03, 2013
is that the priority of this poor state
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by ekoilee: 9:21pm On May 03, 2013
saheedonifade: is that the priority of this poor state

Budgets for 2013

Osun state = N183 billoon

Anambra state = N110 billion

Abia state = N137 billion

Enugu state = N83 billion

Ebonyi state = N104 billion

So who is really poor and what do you know about priority?

Ignorant people....

4 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Ejine(m): 9:45pm On May 03, 2013
When I was young, my mom used to apply butter on my Cabin biscuits as my nursery school lunch.

Okay bye.

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 03, 2013
eko ilee:

Budgets for 2013

Ignorant people....

Key word; Ignorance!!
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by olaezebala: 11:25pm On May 03, 2013
eko ilee:

Budgets for 2013

Ignorant people....

Don't mind we ignorant people oo. Do u also know he's planning to borrow another 100 billion because of this budget? What is the monthly/yearly allocation of osun state plus the internally generated revenue? That's what make a state rich and not just budget.

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by EkoIle1: 11:37pm On May 03, 2013
olaezebala:

Don't mind we ignorant people oo. Do u also know he's planning to borrow another 100 billion because of this budget? What is the monthly/yearly allocation of osun state plus the internally generated revenue? That's what make a state rich and not just budget.

Exactly who is the state borrowing 100 billion from?. From you? And do you have official or print document to back up that lie with?

Please keep your fake gist and ignorant rubbish to your kind?

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by abayoola(m): 3:36am On May 04, 2013
grin[color=#990000][/color]
Afam4eva: Why not complete it first before naming it after someone. And what does Osun even need an airport for. What a waste.
why on earth will u say "what does osun even need an airport 4."Its simply d level of ur understanding by calling it a waste.very bad .its better to keep quite when u dnt have something reasonable to say.mtcheeewwwwwwWw grin shocked
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by adenekee(f): 11:13am On May 04, 2013
Dis is gud news oooOoo
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 11:16am On May 04, 2013
eko ilee:

Budgets for 2013

Ignorant people....

Thanks a lot for confirming what olaezebala said that Aregberascal borrowed 100billion to shore up the federal allocation.

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by mapet: 7:44pm On May 04, 2013
Your reasoning cannot seize to amaze me. Your question was that no one had advocated for true federalism, control of resources, contribution and equity distribution......... now I told you that was what the clamoured for SNC was to address, yet you come again with another ridiculous assertion.

I think you should quit arguments on stuffs you know little about.

Pray tell me how meaningful legislative action would have occurred when the true proponents of SNC are not in power
anonimi:

The cry you refer to is just noise, simply put.
No meaningful legislative action despite at least two amendments to the 1999 constitution.
Hope you understand now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Inside The Prison Photos Of Sule Lamido And Sons / Kunle Olajide: Security Agents Backing Herdsmen To Kill And Rape In South-West / Buhari, APC Commissioned Gbajabiamila, Elumelu To Set Crisis In PDP – Ukandu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.