Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,323 members, 7,815,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Osun Names Airport After Abiola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Names Airport After Abiola (11674 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 1:23pm On May 03, 2013
Jobos:

Attimes our statement depicts our level intellect,don't turn this sloopy aguement. My earlier response was on why airport is important to osun state. Government is to provide condusive envirns for investors . Some of us are buried in the social economic idea.

I and a few others are showing you CONCRETELY that it is a misplaced priority and an avenue to SCAM the good people of Osun state of the little money their government has.

Creating a conducive environment for investors includes having adequately skilled and MOTIVATED workforce hence the need for the state government to set a good example by paying agreed, stipulated minimum wage.

Get it

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by misterh(m): 1:32pm On May 03, 2013
mapet: @ Misterh,

1. Your basic economics is a watery as the whole lameduck analysis many of you tried to put up here; infact stewwwwpidddddd
2. Many of you are just simply NL irritants that just type garbagge without bearing.
3. If you'd taken time to go digg up information and not rely on regurgitations on Nairaland like many of you guys so shamelessly do,you'll have known the economic and bilaterial importance, strategic allainces that has been worked out and the commercial nature of the proposed Airport. Many of you guys are simply annoying dull, just like half education being worse off than illetracy.
4. Who told you some of the basic things are not taken care of flip to today's ThisDay's newspaper, page 36d & 36e, where the achievements of those better issues are reported even with focus on the topic "From ancient to Modern Cities"
5. I cry within me for this generation. We are simply becoming unintelligent, intellectually lazy and near waste of intellectual investment. I welcome a very deep, well ellucidated and thoroughly analyzed opposing views, but not meaningless misinformation and bad belle.
6. "Others are small towns and low income earners" If this is not share foolish ignorance, then it can't be any more than brazzen arrogance

Are you done? I talked about scale of preference. Tell me how the airport will be of benefit to Osun state. I made my comment based on what the op posted, i did not have to go look for outside sources before i make my comment on NL. Apart from Osogbo, tell me which other town in Osun state that engages in Rigorous economic activites. Is it Gbongan or Ede or Iree or Edun-Abon or Sekona. I don't know who is ignorant between you and i when i said that majority of the people in towns in Osun state are low income earners? D'you consider that arrogant? If not for OAU, Ife would have been just one of those towns. I still maintain my point when i said that the fund meant for such capital intensive venture can be better utilised for other ventures. Remember that Osun state's federal allocation is low and the IGR is not so encouraging.

PS: i don't entertain the use of abusive words on me.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by ekoilee: 1:33pm On May 03, 2013
misterh: But I did not see where the op typed that it was a cargo airport.

Common sense and prudence dictates that you at least have some credible knowledge about the issue you are discussing instead of blaming your own ignorance on other people.

Take responsibility for your own ignorance and lack of intellectual curiosity.

Too bad you did not read about this airport because you missed a thing or 2 about your country's history or the historical origin of this historic airport.

Furthermore, instead of using outside contractors, the state engaged the Nigerian Air force engineers and the Nigerian Army to construct the airport and also to be managed by the Nigerian Airforce.

According to the Nigerian Tribune’s investigations, the biggest ongoing construction project is the proposed Osun cargo airport, which is currently being jointly built by the Nigerian Air force engineers and the Nigerian Army, Ede.

The site of the cargo airport in Osogbo, was not without history as according to the Commissioner for Finance and Strategic planning, Wale Bolorunduro. The airstrip, built in 1939, by British engineers, was the first in West Africa to be used to airlift soldiers back then.

He said that the land where the airstrip was sited and which is to be used for the proposed cargo airport, which was claimed would be completed this year, had only recently been returned to the state by the Federal Government by the last administration. He stressed that the airport, when completed, would contain hangars to be maintained by the Nigerian Air force, while other commercial hangars would be built and rented out to private aeroplane owners.

The Finance Commissioner said that the airport, when completed, would also help open up the state making it easy for finished goods to be airlifted to the state and raw materials from the state, especially agricultural produce from the state to Lagos and environs.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/10690-aregbesola-and-the-emerging-new-state-of-osun?tmpl=component

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Jobos(m): 1:34pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

I and a few others are showing you CONCRETELY that it is a misplaced priority and an avenue to SCAM the good people of Osun state of the little money their government has.

Creating a conducive environment for investors includes having adequately skilled and MOTIVATED workforce hence the need for the state government to set a good example by paying agreed, stipulated minimum wage.

Get it

N18000 min wage is federal agenda, some states are paying more, all state fund will not be sunk in personnel cost Without capital project that increase employment and revenue. Salary increase has never translated to value for money, my N950 as an NYSC 15yrs ago was better than ur min wage now.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by ekoilee: 1:48pm On May 03, 2013
misterh: Are you done? I talked about scale of preference. Tell me how the airport will be of benefit to Osun state. I made my comment based on what the op posted, i did not have to go look for outside sources before i make my comment on NL. Apart from Osogbo, tell me which other town in Osun state that engages in Rigorous economic activites. Is it Gbongan or Ede or Iree or Edun-Abon or Sekona. I don't know who is ignorant between you and i when i said that majority of the people in towns in Osun state are low income earners? D'you consider that arrogant? If not for OAU, Ife would have been just one of those towns. I still maintain my point when i said that the fund meant for such capital intensive venture can be better utilised for other ventures. Remember that Osun state's federal allocation is low and the IGR is not so encouraging.

Osun cargo airport, which is currently being jointly built by the Nigerian Air force engineers and the Nigerian Army.

You spew ignorance everytime you open your mouth.

Reading is very foundamental....
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Jobos(m): 2:05pm On May 03, 2013
misterh: Are you done? I talked about scale of preference. Tell me how the airport will be of benefit to Osun state. I made my comment based on what the op posted, i did not have to go look for outside sources before i make my comment on NL. Apart from Osogbo, tell me which other town in Osun state that engages in Rigorous economic activites. Is it Gbongan or Ede or Iree or Edun-Abon or Sekona. I don't know who is ignorant between you and i when i said that majority of the people in towns in Osun state are low income earners? D'you consider that arrogant? If not for OAU, Ife would have been just one of those towns. I still maintain my point when i said that the fund meant for such capital intensive venture can be better utilised for other ventures. Remember that Osun state's federal allocation is low and the IGR is not so encouraging.

Apart from OAU osun state houses the higher number of tertiary institutions in nig. Aside former ondo state osun is next in cocoa production, timber is at large in ikire, steel production is the state . Govt has boost productivity in agric including poultry and fishry. The airport is meant to expose the state for export and revenue from tourism which increase state gdp. His education and road project across the state are ok.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by onuwaje(m): 2:08pm On May 03, 2013
So that means my unilag folks won't have to worry anymore??
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by CyberG: 2:19pm On May 03, 2013
Afam4eva: Why not complete it first before naming it after someone. And what does Osun even need an airport for. What a waste.

Everyone knows you are a RACIST & TRIBALIST! How can it be a waste when a dime of your entire generation is neither required or needed in the project! Or, must they be crying like you ibo people for the FG to come and do everything for them including wiping their ass? When will we read anything positive being done in your village enclaves and in your home state? Or, are they all amputees in the SE that they cannot function without the West and handouts from the rest of Nigeria? The only important thing for me is that the airport be completed for it will be an investment, even if it doesn't get a lot of traffic yet but it surely will in time! With Ibadan being the second most populated city in Nigeria, add to that businesses and development in that area, they might just do well enough. Regardless, in as much as they can pull it off with their revenue and allocations without a huge debt, that is fine and dandy.

Afam, resign your moderatorship of this forum for you are a compromised tribalist with no moral rights to do this job. Go and face your derelict tribal forum with no members and your N 1,000 domain re-seller business. Better, move away from the SW because you are bringing bad karma to that area. You are needed in your iboland for development and losers like you are not wanted!!

2 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by CreamieCake(f): 2:36pm On May 03, 2013
Mehn! Ipinle osun Ipinle Omoluabi Like serzly der are sum fools dah shouldn't be a member of diz forum coz u will just come online and start saying rubbish. To hell with Aregbe haters,how many of u has ur fore fathers constructed a car park nt to talk of airport. All d past leaders came and do nothing about d abandoned aerodrum,some evil doers even turned d place to dere place of work,many killings has been performed on dere,now a good leader is trying to do something reasonable for the state and u are here saying rubbish again.She ti ya werey nii? Why can't u just go and jump into an ocean and die or Kiss a python for all I care.Iyalaya yin,anybody dah talk ill of Aregbe again ma Jona to ashes nii... Awon werey pple

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by valuedammy(m): 2:47pm On May 03, 2013
Thats a good development for my dear State(Osun).I thank God for that.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 2:52pm On May 03, 2013
CreamieCake: Mehn! Ipinle osun Ipinle Omoluabi Like serzly [size=13pt]der are sum fools dah shouldn't be a member of diz forum coz u will just come online and start saying rubbish.[/size] To hell with Aregbe haters,how many of u has ur fore fathers constructed a car park nt to talk of airport. All d past leaders came and do nothing about d abandoned aerodrum,some evil doers even turned d place to dere place of work,many killings has been performed on dere,now a good leader is trying to do something reasonable for the state and u are here saying rubbish again.She ti ya werey nii? Why can't u just go and jump into an ocean and die or Kiss a python for all I care.Iyalaya yin,anybody dah talk ill of Aregbe again ma Jona to ashes nii... Awon werey pple

The way you are going on one would think you are Oluwaseun Osewa.
(Un)fortunately you are NOT. shocked

Obviously ACN supporters are so used to dictatorship system in their party hierachy aka Baba sope that they cannot handle fact based criticism. Maybe that is why they are so cosy with ex Military DICTATOR, Ayatollah Buhari.
And these are the people who want to replace PDP at the centre so they can "share" directly the national cake aka Niger Delta oil revenue

Interesting!!!
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by ekoilee: 2:53pm On May 03, 2013
CyberG:

Everyone knows you are a RACIST & TRIBALIST! How can it be a waste when a dime of your entire generation is neither required or needed in the project! Or, must they be crying like you ibo people for the FG to come and do everything for them including wiping their ass? When will we read anything positive being done in your village enclaves and in your home state? Or, are they all amputees in the SE that they cannot function without the West and handouts from the rest of Nigeria? The only important thing for me is that the airport be completed for it will be an investment, even if it doesn't get a lot of traffic yet but it surely will in time! With Ibadan being the second most populated city in Nigeria, add to that businesses and development in that area, they might just do well enough. Regardless, in as much as they can pull it off with their revenue and allocations without a huge debt, that is fine and dandy.

Afam, resign your moderatorship of this forum for you are a compromised tribalist with no moral rights to do this job. Go and face your derelict tribal forum with no members and your N 1,000 domain re-seller business. Better, move away from the SW because you are bringing bad karma to that area. You are needed in your iboland for development and losers like you are not wanted!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/258405_EnuguAirport_jpg7d5f666e8cd76a639faff840f4253644

That's their pride and joy in 2013 and even that, they begged begged and secrificed their 99% votes and their future to get that ugly disgrace so you really can not take them seriously...

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by thekoko007: 3:02pm On May 03, 2013
WHICH AIRPORT ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT ON HERE.....ITS A PITY OUR LEADERS PLAY POLITICS WITH EVERYTHING NOT HAVING ANY RESPECT FOR THEIR CONSCIENCE...WHICH AIRPORT DO WE HAVE IN OSUN....NOTHING IS GOING ON AT THE SITE IN IDO OSUN WHERE IT IS ALL THE GOVERNOR DID WAS TO FENCE ALL THE ENVIRONMENT..AND NOTHING MORE..NO RESASONABLE WORK IS GOING ON THERE...
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 3:08pm On May 03, 2013
Jobos:

N18000 min wage is federal agenda, some states are paying more, all state fund will not be sunk in personnel cost Without capital project that increase employment and revenue. Salary increase has never translated to value for money, my N950 as an NYSC 15yrs ago was better than ur min wage now.

First, it is good to see you acknowledge that Jonathan's federal administration is MORE concernend about workers' welfare than the bunch of pseudo-progressives who CLAIM to be inheritors of Awolowo's legacy.

Will you also be graceful enough to acknowledge that paying workers low wages IN COMPARISON to political jobbers creates room for CORRUPTION?

I can understand Aregberascal's desperate moves to ensure his tenancy of the Osun state house is renewed next year BUT he cannot fool everyone with these knee-jerk solutions to enduring problems.
Not everyone!
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 3:11pm On May 03, 2013
thekoko007: WHICH AIRPORT ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT ON HERE.....ITS A PITY OUR LEADERS PLAY POLITICS WITH EVERYTHING NOT HAVING ANY RESPECT FOR THEIR CONSCIENCE...WHICH AIRPORT DO WE HAVE IN OSUN....NOTHING IS GOING ON AT THE SITE IN IDO OSUN WHERE IT IS ALL THE GOVERNOR DID WAS TO FENCE ALL THE ENVIRONMENT..AND NOTHING MORE..NO RESASONABLE WORK IS GOING ON THERE...

It will be interesting to find out [size=13pt]how much has been claimed as ALREADY SPENT on this yet to be completed airport[/size] for which the drums are being rolled and we are supposed to be singing

Hossana*7
Alihamudulilahi*7

in praise and honour of our ogbeni saviour messiah!

[size=13pt]Bunch of crooked rogues.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Jobos(m): 3:20pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

First, it is good to see you acknowledge that Jonathan's federal administration is MORE concernend about workers' welfare than the bunch of pseudo-progressives who CLAIM to be inheritors of Awolowo's legacy.

Will you also be graceful enough to acknowledge that paying workers low wages IN COMPARISON to political jobbers creates room for CORRUPTION?

I can understand Aregberascal's desperate moves to ensure his tenancy of the Osun state house is renewed next year BUT he cannot fool everyone with these knee-jerk solutions to enduring problems.
Not everyone!
Welfare ? When jona increase salary at the expense of our retirees pension , many parents have more than 2 to 3 unemployed graduates at home at the expense of min wage. Note tat the airport will not operate itself, it will open up employment , trade, tourism , export rather than eaten ur cake in the name of min wage. Think about tatm
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by boron10(m): 3:24pm On May 03, 2013
olly4life:

slowpoke 10 abi na wetin U̶̲̥̅̊ call ur name self. U̶̲̥̅̊ better go ur village or to ur great great grand mother to tell U̶̲̥̅̊ how many life MKO touched. I don't think you are even well read cos U̶̲̥̅̊ would av known dat all d above mentioned honours to MKO were from states & not federal(UNILAG still in contention). Go to ur section on NL(ben 10) & meet ur peers.

You may want to tell us what he did for this country and how is touched people's lives (yours inclusive) to warrant the unnecessary immortalization. Prove to us that you're well read.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 3:26pm On May 03, 2013
CreamieCake: Mehn! Ipinle osun Ipinle Omoluabi Like serzly der are sum fools dah shouldn't be a member of diz forum coz u will just come online and start saying rubbish. To hell with Aregbe haters,how many of u has ur fore fathers constructed a car park nt to talk of airport. All d past leaders came and do nothing about d abandoned aerodrum,some evil doers even turned d place to dere place of work,many killings has been performed on dere,now a good leader is trying to do something reasonable for the state and u are here saying rubbish again.She ti ya werey nii? Why can't u just go and jump into an ocean and die or Kiss a python for all I care.Iyalaya yin,anybody dah talk ill of Aregbe again ma Jona to ashes nii... Awon werey pple

Seeing your response to the Jonathan/Sambo foundation scam thread:

And I just hope I know d fraudsters to have my own share of the money afterall itz our money

https://www.nairaland.com/1277703/fraudsters-set-up-jonathan-sambo-foundation#15539431

I can put your response to Aregberascal's aerodrome scam here into proper perspective.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 3:30pm On May 03, 2013
Jobos:
Welfare ? When jona increase salary at the expense of our retirees pension , many parents have more than 2 to 3 unemployed graduates at home at the expense of min wage. Note tat the airport will not operate itself, it will open up employment , trade, tourism , export rather than eaten ur cake in the name of min wage. Think about tatm

I already told you along with others that the yet-to-be-completed aerodrome is not a priority nor is it the BEST way to generate employment etc but rather just another avenue to execute their campaign slogan:

[size=13pt]Jeun s'oke, Jeun s'apo - Tax the people more for your pocket.[/size]

Let me give you an analogy - You can kill a rat with a stick or you can CLUELESSLY get a dane gun aka shakabula for the job.
Aregberascal is using a shakabula to kill a rat in this case and expects the mugus to keep clapping for him.
That is the height of CLUELESSNESS.

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

Get it

If they say amosun build bridge you'll be there to say they have not installed solar panel in every house in Ogun.

If they say ajimobi lays pipe for water, you'll say they are yet to send a man to the moon.

If they say Fashola builds a suspension bridge, you'll say why is there no burj khalifa in mushin olosha!

Why can't you for once face the issue rattling the south east from which to come from once in you miserable life!! Why must it always be SW that you get fixated on! Se afise ni abi nkan mi?
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 3:38pm On May 03, 2013
django1:

If they say amosun build bridge you'll be there to say they have not installed solar panel in every house in Ogun.

If they say ajimobi lays pipe for water, you'll say they are yet to send a man to the moon.

If they say Fashola builds a suspension bridge, you'll say why is there no burj khalifa in mushin olosha!

Why can't you for once face the issue rattling the south east from which to come from once in you miserable life!! Why must it always be SW that you get fixated on! Se afise ni abi nkan mi?

Ti won ba fi se e ohun ni ki o so (If dem swear for you e nor mean sey dem also must to swear for me,) you hear?
Why can't you ACN supporters be civil when faced with cold hard facts of the CLUELESSNESS of the idols you are selling through propaganda?
E-bullying won't work, so stop trying.
#FriendlyAdvice.

Assuming I am from the SE (just for the purpose of this your line of discussion) how does that exclude me from this thread?
Do you not participate in threads about the SE and other parts of Nigeria?

Show me where I said ALL you have stated above or forever keep your silence.
Deal
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by freeR1: 3:38pm On May 03, 2013
misterh: This is not about remaining stagnant. It's called scale of preference in basic economics. There are better issues to contend with. The capital city, Osogbo is the only place where enough economic activities take place. Others are just small towns where majority of the people there are low income earners. It's not to bulid airports but will airlines patronise your airport?

Scale of preference does not fly here. Let me educate you a little bit. Osun is a land locked state which is a serious disadvantage for any economy because of the restrictions of the mode of transportation to air, road and rail. The rail is clearly not there so this calls for good air and road system. If Osun can develop its agricultural sector which is clearly doing and make it as good as that in Kwara state, air system will definitely be needed. I will expect them to target the international market. People here have argued that the airports in Ibadan and Lagos is enough for this purpose but why should he create more jobs for the other states when he is not in "full employment economy" and why should he not maximize the state’s revenue generating from agriculture, mining and now aviation? Its basic economics, true!!

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Jobos(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

I already told you along with others that the yet-to-be-completed aerodrome is not a priority nor is it the BEST way to generate employment etc but rather just another avenue to execute their campaign slogan:

[size=13pt]Jeun s'oke, Jeun s'apo - Tax the people more for your pocket.[/size]

Let me give you an analogy - You can kill a rat with a stick or you can CLUELESSLY get a dane gun aka shakabula for the job.
Aregberascal is using a shakabula to kill a rat in this case and expects the mugus to keep clapping for him.
That is the height of CLUELESSNESS.

All politicials reserve good projects till the tail of next election, to remain fresh in the heart of voters. Why jona approving money for victim of 2011 election just now, why anmnesty to BK now . The most important to have d project completed and not sharing our money for election.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by adisaoladayo: 3:43pm On May 03, 2013
[The airport in ibadan is nt an international airport,n dis is 1,so its a gud development project which mite also boost d economy of osun state]Airport in Osun state I see it as a misplaced priority. There are airports in Lagos and Ibadan. Osogbo is like an hr drive from Ibadan. I don't see the need for an airport.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by misterh(m): 3:44pm On May 03, 2013
Jobos:

Apart from OAU osun state houses the higher number of tertiary institutions in nig. Aside former ondo state osun is next in cocoa production, timber is at large in ikire, steel production is the state . Govt has boost productivity in agric including poultry and fishry. The airport is meant to expose the state for export and revenue from tourism which increase state gdp. His education and road project across the state are ok.
Most people get me wrong. I'm a very huge fan of Aregbesola. His style of governance is rare in the present Nigeria. His infrastructural overhaul is splendid. We, Osun state indigenes are proud of him. But i don't just see how Osun state can take on this project. I'm keeping my fingers crossed tho'.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 3:47pm On May 03, 2013
free R1:

Scale of preference does not fly here. Let me educate you a little bit. Osun is a land locked state which is a serious disadvantage for any economy because of the restrictions of the mode of transportation to air, road and rail. [size=13pt]The rail is clearly not there[/size] so this calls for good air and road system. If Osun can develop its agricultural sector which is clearly doing and make it as good as that in Kwara state, air system will definitely be needed. I will expect them to target the international market. People here have argued that the airports in Ibadan and Lagos is enough for this purpose but why should he create more jobs for the other states when he is not in "full employment economy" and why should he not maximize the state’s revenue generating from agriculture, mining and now aviation? Its basic economics, true!!

Must you ACN supporters resort to bare face LIES since stretching the truth of aerodome-turned-cargo-airport does not suffice
Remember this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/807356/osun-farmers-head-lagos-aregbesolas

on this same forum some 15 months ago

What did I say about [size=13pt]unsustainable, media-friendly initiatives that hurts the tax-paying, long-suffering residents of the state of the living spring?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Jobos(m): 3:50pm On May 03, 2013
free R1:

Scale of preference does not fly here. Let me educate you a little bit. Osun is a land locked state which is a serious disadvantage for any economy because of the restrictions of the mode of transportation to air, road and rail. The rail is clearly not there so this calls for good air and road system. If Osun can develop its agricultural sector which is clearly doing and make it as good as that in Kwara state, air system will definitely be needed. I will expect them to target the international market. People here have argued that the airports in Ibadan and Lagos is enough for this purpose but why should he create more jobs for the other states when he is not in "full employment economy" and why should he not maximize the state’s revenue generating from agriculture, mining and now aviation? Its basic economics, true!!
Do u really know osun govt activities, rail is functioning , new roads, 2 big markets will be opened b4 the of this quarters. Do think of revenue tat goes lagos from airport ? So osun should not be self reliance ? The state is moving farward.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by OmoTier1(m): 3:53pm On May 03, 2013
Afam4eva: Why not complete it first before naming it after someone. And what does Osun even need an airport for. What a waste.
Sometimes I truly wonder if you are educated at all cry More often than not, you sound so irrational, and lacking intellectual "fine cut" when you make contributions on NL sad
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Gbawe: 3:56pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

I can put your response to Aregberascal's aerodrome scam here into proper perspective.

You have to be the most annoying member of this forum with the garish and pointless over-use of attention-seeking red fonts that only convey ridiculous, totally sentimental and vapidly hate-filled garbage and lies you assume you are fooling others with. You really need to stop going around lying against others because you are only invoking negativity and frustration upon yourself. It is Oyinlola's aerodrome scam that Aregbesola is trying to turn around. Knowledgeable posters will know this fact regardless of your lies here with which you now want to insinuate otherwise. The proven biggest scammers, who take everything and give zero in return, are the PDP now firmly bounced out. Deal with that.

Yet, as Mapet held, your sort will continue to get away with lies because many here are ignorant and totally disinterested in reading/researching to learn and control their own minds and perception. You are even worse than a reptile that slithers around on its stomach all day. No one tells you not to hate the ACN but to go around lying against efforts, every single time, to fix the mess of the PDP just marks you out as something else.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=5305#

Osun Airport House of Fraud

In addition to natural endowment, the state is superlatively blessed with that most vital of catalytic ingredient – human resources. With a resourceful enterprising citizenry, all that is needed is good, sensible governance. This, sadly is what is missing. To give one out of numerous examples, the seventy-four-year-old Ido-Osun airport presents a vital opportunity which if sensibly exploited, could have been a vital focal point with which to kick-start the state’s economy.

Unfortunately, this opportunity is once again being messed up. Far from exploiting a superb opportunity, sleaze has come into play. Far from being seen as a resource it has been added to the ever-growing list of ‘come and chop’ substitute for good governance.

The Ido-Osun airport is said to be the first airfield in the West African sub-region. Due to the famed lack of transparency, graft and ineptitude of the Oyinlola mob, there is nothing to show for the N5 billion so far sunk into its purported reactivation. Historically, the aerodrome, an airport in Ido-Osun was reputed to have airlifted Africans who were conscripted to fight in the Second World War. As a report in this newspaper recently pointed out, the airport came into being – “Thanks to the foresight of the nation’s colonial masters.

Under the British Colonial rule, with Sir Donald Cameron, the 4th Governor-General of Nigeria, a huge portion of Ido-Osun land was forcefully acquired in the expansionist interests of the colonial masters”. The aerodrome at Ido-Osun was part of the quick response of the British Governor-Generals for Nigeria to the problems of shortage of man-power, poor transportation system and lack of communication services in Nigeria.

Oyinlola certainly does not have the foresight that the colonial masters had. If he did, he would have seen in Ido-Osun a potential cluster of economic activity. Instead of being used as an economic proposition, what we have now is a focal point of looting. The figures are horrendous. With nothing on ground to show for it, the following clearly unverifiable expenditure has been incurred.
Difficult to comprehend, let alone believe, N9,435,402.00 has been expanded on bush clearing; N1,500,707,525.00 on office building; N10,225,115.30 on office fittings/furniture; N3,481,885,875.77 on meteorological laboratory and equipment including satellites; N1,009,322.65 on water supply extension and N2,105,211.00 on electricity extension. Wow!
Anyone who has been to the site will soon realize that this is even by Oyinlola standards the mother-of-all-scams.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has its work well cut out. A holistic no-holds barred investigation must be launched into this scam, the monies involved recovered and restitution made.

The opportunity cost involved is truly amazing. N5 billion naira is more than enough to have put together an airport from scratch. If N5 billion had actually been spent on the project, the multiplier effect on the economy of Osun State would have been salutary. On the other hand, if the state government feels that there is no need for an airport, a N5 billion investment in some other area of economic activity would also have been of immense benefit. Areas of alternative investments could include – industrial estates, agriculture and so forth.
The irresponsible squandering of N5 billion under the pretext of resuscitating the airport shows the criminal veneer entailed in the PDP’s ‘come and chop’ attitude to public life. From this little interlude in Ido-Osun, we can see that the PDP represents a grave and persistent danger to the economic and social wellbeing of the good people of Osun State. By the grace of the Almighty, the elections petition tribunal will soon put a stop to the collective misery of Osun State citizens. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by mapet: 4:02pm On May 03, 2013

1. What or whose scale of preference Do you think the state government just stupidly do projects for doing sakes? Well for starters, Osun State government had started the desired need for bring the Airport back in line with the holistic vision of turning Osun around from a "Civil Servant" state to a "Agro-commercial" center. I thought you'll also have known that the airport is also in line with the proposed Free-trade Zone, to enhance the synergy of exchange of trade both locally and internationally. The bilateral agreements signed with institution in Germany, Cuba and China are not supposed to be for nothing.

2. That you made the comment based on what the OP posted in itself is the crux of my difference. We are aware that even with the limited news of the OP, you can't just shoot off tangent, making baseless ascertions, when a whole lot of other stories back the basis up.

3. Meanwhile, let's not get over ourselves here. There are varying viewpoints on economic viabilities of places in Osun state and I hold no briefs for those cities. What you obviously fail to realise is that the premise of the airport is fundamentally based on a mix of Cargo and commercial. Osun State to me has demonstrated a well articulated and integrated and long time view of how they intend to move goods that will be produced in the aggressive-Agriculture driven proposed economy. This is beyond the limited profiling you're doing to the inhabitants. It is simple. It is not about how you see the people now, but how the leaders see Osun state.

4. But pray tell, how has Osun state been on aggressive infrastructural development projects? Have the government failed in road construction and infrastructural development, education, health etc Whatever you meant by the "fund meant for such capital intensive venture can be better utilised for other ventures" is defeated on arrival by the fact that Osun State government has consistently demonstrated that all it's programs had gone through a rigorous thought process and planning. I was in Osun State 3weeks ago and I saw things for myself. I was in Ilesa last year and I saw how the government did tackle flooding issues.

5. Back to the crux of the arguement. What will the airport be meant for From airfreghting heavy duty goods, especially the short-lead items, to international export of some target agricultural produce, importation and trasition of goods for the free trade zone, PPP arrangement for commercial flights (The Airforce has indicated interest in operating commercial flights, as part of their investment drive)... the possibilities are limitless

6. .and save me of the "Osun State federal allocation" crap. For me any state that has a will, good leadership, vision and drive should self sustain. We are fooling ourselves with this federal allocation nonsense. The rent seeking culture that has driven the economy to near comatose, made disproportionate distribution on natural wealth, aided corruption and made some states lazy....is what you think will be the basis of continous viability of a state that will be very unfortunate

meanwhile, insulting you is far from it, insulting your questionable submission will be closer there

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 4:03pm On May 03, 2013
@ Gbawe,

Thank you for letting us know that good-for-nothing Oyinlola sunk N5 billion into the mirage aerodrome as reported by Aregberascal's mouthpiece, The Osun Defender.
It is now three years since Oyinlola left.
Will you be kind enough to share with us how much the new Ogbeni in Osogbo has sunk into the yet-to-be-completed-aerodrome since he assumed office

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 4:08pm On May 03, 2013
mapet:

6. .and save me of the "Osun State federal allocation" crap. For me any state that has a will, good leadership, vision and drive should self sustain. We are fooling ourselves with this federal allocation nonsense. The rent seeking culture that has driven the economy to near comatose, made disproportionate distribution on natural wealth, aided corruption and made some states lazy....is what you think will be the basis of continous viability of a state that will be very unfortunate

I can agree with the above portion of your post.
The big question is why has ACN not proposed true fiscal federalism based on revenue CONTRIBUTION as it was prior to the January 1966 coup of Nzeogwu.
Sheer HYPOCRISY and plain demagoguery tactics to whip up sentiments without taking appropriate legislative action

Anyone's guess.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi / Ekiti PDP Gubernatorial Candidate's Frustration. / Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.