Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Osun Names Airport After Abiola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Names Airport After Abiola (11677 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by mapet: 7:57pm On May 04, 2013
@Olaezebala,

1. Please save me all your negative sentiments.
2. So Aregbesola "dismissed" the first set of OYES tell me something.
3. Wrt to the waste trucks, whether he gave the trucks at twice or four times the amount....the issue is have we seen the impact of the cleanliness of Osun lately?. The answer is a resounding YES. From Ikire right to Osogbo, shows that there is a clear arrangement of waste management, collection, cleanliness of the streets etc
4. You must be a semi-illiterate. If 500k is spent by the local government (according to your spurious and unverified claims) so? 500k of what? compared to what? would you rather have a filth littered Osun state?
5. Are Mega schools being built or not? So it is a sin that the schools are yet to be completed? honestly the way some of us process things are jaw dropping
6. If I didn't pass through Alekuwodo on my last visit to Osogbo, I would have had the tendency of being misled by the cheap trick to paint the picture as you put it. In Alekuwodo, the road was expanded, hence some section of house had to go, there were median kerbs, side walks, underground drainages and street lights. A new dimension was to demarcate the boundary of the road with a perimeter fencing........is that a sin For the first time, I am seeing a pretty standard road built in Osun, yet to someone like you........

Well it is glaring, someone related to you had probably lost out with the previous government and you cannot see the changes going on even when shoved down your throat
olaezebala:

u definitely don't stay in osun state if not u'll know that your oga dismissed the first set of oyes (20,000)
before taking the new set. So how did u get the 40,000 oyes o?

please whenever u are coming to online forum, pls back ur points with facts and figures. With ur claim here, how many people have being employed through ur so called investment? pls don't even think of FADAMA's project at all

do u have the slightest idea about the trucks u talked about? Oga gave out this trucks at twice their prize to the poor people and also, more than 500k is being spent by the local government weekly in the name of packing dirt

reduced school fees of uniosun alone right? do u that state owned higher institutions are currently on strike because oga didn't pay the staffs?

Daddy u can lie ooooooooo. Mega schools in all the local governmnt? haba !!! please upload pic of mega schools in just five local government and I apologize to u for saying u lied. The only mega school near completion is the one in Alekuwodo (osogbo) and in case u don't remember, this nov will be his third year in office.

last I checked about o'elders, Ogbeni said he's gonna pay some selected few as testing and i am yet to see anyone that got selected for payment. u can pls show me one ooo. free health care services? u must be kidding me. Go to Asubiaro state hospital and request to be treated for free. Are u a learner?

so local govt chairman work are now Aregbesola's project cause I can't remember where the one built by ogbeni is o.

Are u talking about isale aro-jaleyemi road or jaleyemi to old coca-cola cause those are the two roads I know that oga have completed while others are still receiving the usual dressing and kangaroo mobilization of workers without anything to show for it. Osogbo ilesa road as a case study, igbona-ayetoro-ikirun road also.

thanks to him for helping the federal govt ooooooo
There other things I cannot remember now eg. he supports Tourism, education, etc

As at now he ain't the best thing to happen to Osun. he is even the greatest mistake we osun people made. only those that are shying away from the truth will see him as a performer.

he pull down buildings in Alekuwodo in the name of road expansion only for him to start erecting fence and walk way. like seriously? Erecting fence from Ola iya to oke fia. I am yet to see the importance of such a wasteful spending.

Erected a large screen tv at oke-fia roundabout. How sensible is this? driving from gra to oke fia at night is hell cause the light of the screen enters my eyes directly and pls what economic importance does this initiative have for osun state?

O tree? like for real? people should come and collect free trees? this is one of his projects that can never be accounted for. If after a year He claimed to have distributed a million trees, where do u wanna trace the trees to? Embezzlement gallor.

Finally, do you know the debt profile of osun state? More than 200billion. which means Ur Oga borrowed an average of 100billion per year. by the time his celebrating his third year in office, the debt must have risen to 300billion.
He was shouting about his predecessor that borrowed 18 billion after he served for 7 years and he (the best gov according to u) already borrowed over 200billion in 2 years .
He is indeed the best

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by vanbonattel: 8:01pm On May 04, 2013
abayo_ola: grin[color=#990000][/color]why on earth will u say "what does osun even need an airport 4."Its simply d level of ur understanding by calling it a waste.very bad .its better to keep quite when u dnt have something reasonable to say.mtcheeewwwwwwWw grin shocked

This is the biggest joke of the year!
Which osun state is building an airport? To carry whom? Maybe these people are mistaking planes for keke napep, you need more parks to park keke not airport.This governor must be a clown grin

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by vanbonattel: 8:04pm On May 04, 2013
These osun people dey make me laugh, how can anybody name an airport after Nigeria's grand patron of cowards? Next they will build a seaport in Oshogbo and name it after Diya grin

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by porka: 8:11pm On May 04, 2013
boron10: MKO Abiola stadium, MKO Abiola road, MKO Abiola Polytechnic, MKO Abiola University and now MKO Abiola airport.

Seriously wondering what he contributed to development of this nation to warrant this recognition. Is he Nelson Mandela?

How old are you?

Please google MKO Abiola and get answers to your curiosity.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by porka: 8:13pm On May 04, 2013
van bonattel: These osun people dey make me laugh, how can anybody name an airport after Nigeria's grand patron of cowards? Next they will build a seaport in Oshogbo and name it after Diya grin

Are you saying MKO Abiola was a coward?

Please check your dictionary for the definition of coward.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by ekoilee: 8:14pm On May 04, 2013
anonimi:

Thanks a lot for confirming what olaezebala said that Aregberascal borrowed 100billion to shore up the federal allocation.

Again, who loaned Osun state N100 billion? You?

Osun devotes 65% of budget to capital projects.

Sixty-five per cent of the N183.1bn budget of the Osun State Government for this year has been devoted to capital expenditure in order to accelerate the development of key infrastructure in the state.

This means that N119.07bn will be spent on such infrastructure as roads, housing, town and country planning, water provision, environmental sanitation, education, health and social and youth development.

Giving a breakdown of the budget at a press briefing in Lagos on Friday, the Commissioner for Finance, Economic Planning and Budget, Dr. Wale Bolorunduro, and his Regional Integration and Special Duties counterpart, Mr. Ajibola Basiru, said having recorded appreciable success in its agricultural production programme in the last fiscal year, the government had now shifted attention to infrastructure provision.

According to Bolorunduro, the emphasis on capital expenditure at the expense of recurrent expenditure is in line with Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s resolve to make life more meaningful for the citizens by giving them good social infrastructure.

The allocation of the 2013 budget is an improvement on the 58 per cent of the total devoted to capital expenditure and 42 per cent to recurrent expenditure last year. http://www.punchng.com/business/money/osun-devotes-65-of-budget-to-capital-projects/

You see that? Out of the N183 billion, N119 billion is for capital projects and that's 58% of the total budget so keep banging your head on the wall and asking yourself how they are able to do what they are doing.

For you ignorants, it's called prudence and sound sense of porpose

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by ekoilee: 8:16pm On May 04, 2013
porka:

When you see the village clowns with the silly grins, they are trolls on patrol so you might want to ignore..
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by vanbonattel: 8:20pm On May 04, 2013
porka:

According to Michael West dictionary:
A coward is a man who won the presidential election and refused to fight for his mandate even when he had the financial powers to sponsor a free for all fight in the country.

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by vanbonattel: 8:22pm On May 04, 2013
eko ilee:

When you see the village clowns with the silly grins, they are trolls on patrol so you might want to ignore..

We learnt our trolling from you, can there be any worse trolling monkey like eko ilee?

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by EkoIle1: 8:35pm On May 04, 2013
^^^^^^^ No time for trolls....

Back to topic....

Like they say, anything is possible and achievable with strong and capable leadership. Unlike the previous administration, they've covered so much ground in little it no time..

The is indeed the limit....
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by vanbonattel: 9:19pm On May 04, 2013
Eko Ile: ^^^^^^^ No time for trolls....

Back to topic....

Like they say, anything is possible and achievable with strong and capable leadership. Unlike the previous administration, they've covered so much ground in little it no time..

The is indeed the limit....

Who is now the governor of Osun, is he not the dirty old rascal that wears a dirty agbada with two months unshaven beard?
He has a he-goatee appearance.

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by olaezebala: 11:28pm On May 04, 2013
mapet: @Olaezebala,

1. Please save me all your negative sentiments.
2. So Aregbesola "dismissed" the first set of OYES tell me something.
3. Wrt to the waste trucks, whether he gave the trucks at twice or four times the amount....the issue is have we seen the impact of the cleanliness of Osun lately?. The answer is a resounding YES. From Ikire right to Osogbo, shows that there is a clear arrangement of waste management, collection, cleanliness of the streets etc
4. You must be a semi-illiterate. If 500k is spent by the local government (according to your spurious and unverified claims) so? 500k of what? compared to what? would you rather have a filth littered Osun state?
5. Are Mega schools being built or not? So it is a sin that the schools are yet to be completed? honestly the way some of us process things are jaw dropping
6. If I didn't pass through Alekuwodo on my last visit to Osogbo, I would have had the tendency of being misled by the cheap trick to paint the picture as you put it. In Alekuwodo, the road was expanded, hence some section of house had to go, there were median kerbs, side walks, underground drainages and street lights. A new dimension was to demarcate the boundary of the road with a perimeter fencing........is that a sin For the first time, I am seeing a pretty standard road built in Osun, yet to someone like you........

Well it is glaring, someone related to you had probably lost out with the previous government and you cannot see the changes going on even when shoved down your throat

Oga Ade please don't take it personal and thanks for confirming my statement that u didn't stay in osun state.

Yes he dismissed the first of oyes and the new set are not sure of payment even after passing thru training unless their names make it at the final computed list.

Waste truck issues? I need not write anywhere before I get info about osun cause I have the info right @ hand (even classified ones). Yes he gave out some of those trucks out at twice their prizes and the remaining ones were the ones purchased by the local governments (under oyinlola's administration) which he(aregbesola) forcefully take over.

500k weekly on sanitation? U don't stay in osun state so u might not know that for a very long time, most if not all local government do come with vehicles to pack dirt without budgeting such amount. Osun state has never been dirty or littlered with dirt. Try and search to see how many times osogbo was named the neatest state capital.

Mega school issue? U claimed that he has built mega schools but now u are asking me if he is not building them. Built and building aint the same Sir.Yes he's building one at Alekuwodu and pls show me where the remaining ones are and what percentage are they to nearing completion.

Baba God please purnish online liars ooo. Road expansion in Alekuwodo? Underground drainage? Haaaaaaaa, Daddy Kafaya fear God now. The fenced started right where the old alekuwodo road stopped so where on earth is the expansion u talked about? Underground drainage for ur mind abi? Nairalander gots see how osun state underground drainage look like very soon. I'll get pictures of Alekuwodo road and upload them here so others can see how underground drainage look like in osun state.

Someone close to me lost out in the past government? Damn you. I hate politics but hate politicians the more. I careless about anyone close to me that feeds from the tears and suffering of fellow Nigerians. Akande had his flaws and that's why Oyinlola was voted in. Oyinlola fumbled and Aregbesola came in. People are already seeing his flaws to and if he didn't work on them quick, trust osun people, he will be voted out to. That's the truth.

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by baynix(m): 11:53pm On May 04, 2013
olaezebala:

Oga Ade please don't take it personal and thanks for confirming my statement that u didn't stay in osun state.

Yes he dismissed the first of oyes and the new set are not sure of payment even after passing thru training unless their names make it at the final computed list.

Waste truck issues? I need not write anywhere before I get info about osun cause I have the info right @ hand (even classified ones). Yes he gave out some of those trucks out at twice their prizes and the remaining ones were the ones purchased by the local governments (under oyinlola's administration) which he(aregbesola) forcefully take over.

500k weekly on sanitation? U don't stay in osun state so u might not know that for a very long time, most if not all local government do come with vehicles to pack dirt without budgeting such amount. Osun state has never been dirty or littlered with dirt. Try and search to see how many times osogbo was named the neatest state capital.

Mega school issue? U claimed that he has built mega schools but now u are asking me if he is not building them. Built and building aint the same Sir.Yes he's building one at Alekuwodu and pls show me where the remaining ones are and what percentage are they to nearing completion.

Baba God please purnish online liars ooo. Road expansion in Alekuwodo? Underground drainage? Haaaaaaaa, Daddy Kafaya fear God now. The fenced started right where the old alekuwodo road stopped so where on earth is the expansion u talked about? Underground drainage for ur mind abi? Nairalander gots see how osun state underground drainage look like very soon. I'll get pictures of Alekuwodo road and upload them here so others can see how underground drainage look like in osun state.

Someone close to me lost out in the past government? Damn you. I hate politics but hate politicians the more. I careless about anyone close to me that feeds from the tears and suffering of fellow Nigerians. Akande had his flaws and that's why Oyinlola was voted in. Oyinlola fumbled and Aregbesola came in. People are already seeing his flaws to and if he didn't work on them quick, trust osun people, he will be voted out to. That's the truth.

I went through your posts and am sorry, you an e-Diot! Sorry sir!!

You claimed you know much about Osun, even classified ones.. huh!?? undecided And you dnt know why OYES Sets have not been posted?? You claimed Alekuwodo Model School is the only one close to completion??

FYI.. Reason why the new OYES Sets have not been posted to their various fields is because their kits which FirstBank Sponsors are not ready!!

Alekuwodo School is completed!

Asubi-aro is still uncompleted.. which is at 75%

Isale Agbara (or what's the name of that district??) School is also uncompleted

Am currently in my hometown "Ikire", and the Mega School here is really eye catchy even though it has not been completed!!

And the roads?? grin grin I dont wanna go there!!

Unlike b4.. Frm Coca-Cola to Capital Hotel was hell of a road!! I remember when Okada used to carry me frm that FirstBank Junction to Capital, no way.. my head 'ld be banging coz of the bad road!!

But now?? cheesy cheesy I can even sleep at the back of the Okada Rider and my sleep would not be disturbed! Inshort, that road is now phucking smooth!

OGBENI Is The Best Governor In The History Of Osun

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 8:03am On May 05, 2013
^^^
You see why I said Aregberascal is a CLUELESS man?
How many primary & secondary schools are in your hometown, Ikire- 15, 20 or more?
[size=13pt]What is the condition of the buildings in ALL these schools and their pipeborne water supply, toilets, furniture, equipment, materials etc?[/size]

Why can't the Ogbeni MAINTAIN those schools to a commendable standard instead of building some SENSELESS mega school

If it is any consolation to you, be rest assured that your idol is not alone in this CLUELESS habit that they see as a way to hoodwink the tax-paying public as they steal their money through bogus MEGA CAPITAL BUDGET contracts.
Now you see the 419

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by baynix(m): 8:43am On May 05, 2013
anonimi: ^^^
You see why I said Aregberascal is a CLUELESS man?
How many primary & secondary schools are in your hometown, Ikire- 15, 20 or more?
[size=13pt]What is the condition of the buildings in ALL these schools and their pipeborne water supply, toilets, furniture, equipment, materials etc?[/size]

Why can't the Ogbeni MAINTAIN those schools to a commendable standard instead of building some SENSELESS mega school

If it is any consolation to you, be rest assured that your idol is not alone in this CLUELESS habit that they see as a way to hoodwink the tax-paying public as they steal their money through bogus MEGA CAPITAL BUDGET contracts.
Now you see the 419

You mean he should demolish O"YIN Ni Ooo" Painted House?? grin grin I dont see why he should maintain a building with no solid foundation!

I can speak for ma hometown buildings built by the previous administration. The walls are already cracking, the ceilings are gone, the windows are now been replaced with block.. leaving the other parts open. The floors are pretty bad!

So tell me why Ogbeni should renovate or maintain such buildings??

Thouh he said theee are some schools he is going to renovate and make them look standard!

Anonimi, i thought you are progressive.. buh my guess was wrong!!
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 8:59am On May 05, 2013
baynix:

I can speak for ma hometown buildings built by the previous administration. The walls are already cracking, the ceilings are gone, the windows are now been replaced with block.. leaving the other parts open. The floors are pretty bad!

I doubt if Fatima College and Ayedaade Grammar School were "built by the previous administration".
Were they?
Those are just two examples. I am sure there are other primary & secondary schools existing in Ikire before Oyinlola. Can we agree on that
Moreover Aregbesola can demolish and rebuild PROPERLY what Oyinlola built in a bad way.
Fashola is doing that to SOME EXTENT with the old Jakande schools.

Being a progressive should not exclude analysing and examining ALL government activities to ascertain if it is the best value for money and priority among various competing needs of the people whom the leader is elected to SERVE.
That is how I see it, my friend.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by baynix(m): 9:54am On May 05, 2013
anonimi:

I doubt if Fatima College and Ayedaade Grammar School were "built by the previous administration".
Were they?
Those are just two examples. I am sure there are other primary & secondary schools existing in Ikire before Oyinlola. Can we agree on that
Moreover Aregbesola can demolish and rebuild PROPERLY what Oyinlola built in a bad way.
Fashola is doing that to SOME EXTENT with the old Jakande schools.

Being a progressive should not exclude analysing and examining ALL government activities to ascertain if it is the best value for money and priority among various competing needs of the people whom the leader is elected to SERVE.
That is how I see it, my friend.

Good insights there!!

Fatima College is still in good form but it needs renovation!

But renovating this two schools aint gon' be 'nuff for the students in Irewole.. right??

Ikire Community High School is going to be converted to Middle School.

Ayedaade Grammar School for High School

I think Fatima College should be considered tho!!
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by mapet: 11:24pm On May 05, 2013
At times it is fool hardy to engage someone like you in a credible discourse. You submissions are bunch of incoherent and unclear statements, and I wonder the sense in it.

I don't need to stay in Osun, my frequent travels to Osun suffices for me to state some things clearly.

1. You don't even understand the OYES scheme. Is the OYES scheme a permanent job? So when the first set completed their service and graduated, that means they have been sacked to you

2. On the waste truck issue, you are just chasing shadows, regurgitating some vile-bellied senseless and baseless assumptions someone else told you. Was it lost on you that at the reconstitution of the waste management structure in Osun state, they actually were sent to Lagos for understudy and training. Trucks were purchased and distributed to cover strategic locations in Osun....result is that Osun State metropolis and many interiors are well taken care of in terms of waste management. Are you faulting that? I'm sure when Osun State starts recycling wasting and getting products out, you will probably be complaining that Aregbesola bought the recycling plant and sold it to the deputy governor at 2 x the price.......

3. On Alekuwodo, keep deluding yourself. I wonder what is making you vituperate like loose canon. where should drainage system be on a highway? in the middle of the road or hanging in the air?

Summary is that you come with little or no value to the discourse. I challenge you to criticize the Airport project or any of the projects in Osun, intelligently.....if you can...
olaezebala:

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by olaezebala: 9:42am On May 06, 2013
Tks for all the abuse cause that shows the level of ur upbringing. To all the sane minds following this thread, here are pictures of Alekuwodo road that those Aregbesola's paid agent claimed to have been expannded and that there is underground drainage.

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by olaezebala: 9:50am On May 06, 2013
More pic

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by MCMLXXVI(m): 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2015
EkoIle1:

Your crocodile tears and concern for the people of Osun fools nobody and its not only redundant, its ignorant and foolish simply because you have no data, connection or any kind of knowledge regarding the state's economic health and future projections talk less opining anything about the state.

Fortunately for the people and the government of Osun, your usual bigoted and ignorant tantrums is confined and limited to the pages of NL.

To further articulate your ignorance and idiocy about this airport and.your ACN rubbish, the previous PDP administration in the same state stole or mismanaged N5 billion meant for the same airport with nothing to show for it.

But the light is at the end of the tunnel under the present administration simply because they did the most sensiible and prudent thing by giving the airport to the Nigerian military engineers to build.

Your silly next line of argument should be Aregbeshola conspired with the Nigerian Military to dupe the people of Osun...

Though I find you ignorant trolls on NL amusing and entertaining sometimes, but you people sink to the lowest depths of absurdity and shameful display sometimes...

You are better off shedding tears for your own back and non relevant village...

You people represent the very ugly side of Nigeria...

Now, bow your head in shame.
The man was right.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by AnambraDota: 8:17am On Aug 22, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Kogi Government Trying To Frame Me For Murder" - Dino Melaye / Show Evidence I Benefitted From N156m Slush Fund, Atiku Tells FG / Oladayo Amao: Super Tucano Aircraft Alone Can't Fight Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.