Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Osun Names Airport After Abiola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Names Airport After Abiola (11676 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by alaoeri: 12:01pm On May 03, 2013
misterh: Airport in Osun state I see it as a misplaced priority. There are airports in Lagos and Ibadan. Osogbo is like an hr drive from Ibadan. I don't see the need for an airport.
Abi dindinrin le leyi ni, a state wanna have a airport u talking poo that its misplaced priority wetin b your own guess your state doesn't have one. Deal with it airport coming to osun, ogbeni ride on joooooor.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Meritbaba(m): 12:02pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

Elections are coming next year, 2014 so you should understand the effizy things.
That is how the band of fraudsters in the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN operates.

They are always using the FUTURE tense to report their projects - will be completed!

Meanwhile Aregberascal is yet to fully implement the N18,000 minimum wage in Osun and has a running battle with the state NLC.
Not much has been done on BASIC services of pipeborne water all over the state, rehabilitation of primary & secondary schools, primary health centres etc.

Yes election is coming up next year, he respect his people and the election that is why he is working towards the election unlike his pdp counterparts who did nothing because of their high interest in rigging
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by misterh(m): 12:03pm On May 03, 2013
Meritbaba: So Osun should live on those states for life?...or you think everyone want to remain stagnant in life as u decide to be?
This is not about remaining stagnant. It's called scale of preference in basic economics. There are better issues to contend with. The capital city, Osogbo is the only place where enough economic activities take place. Others are just small towns where majority of the people there are low income earners. It's not to bulid airports but will airlines patronise your airport?

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by AZeD1(m): 12:05pm On May 03, 2013
jummy05:

Chief,perhaps you dont know.Airport is just one of the necessary facilities to facilitate trade and investment in the country.That is part of discerning investors consider before making their investment decision.
Big lie..You don't need an airport in Osun state. Building airports in state like osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Abia,Bayelsa and them northern states is useless and waste of public funds.

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by AZeD1(m): 12:08pm On May 03, 2013
misterh: This is not about remaining stagnant. It's called scale of preference in basic economics. There are better issues to contend with. The capital city, Osogbo is the only place where enough economic activities take place. Others are just small towns where majority of the people there are low income earners. It's not to bulid airports but will airlines patronise your airport?
Lots of ignorant folks in Nigeria. I'm with you bro, an airport in Osun is pointless and useless.

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by misterh(m): 12:09pm On May 03, 2013
alaoeri:
Abi dindinrin le leyi ni, a state wanna have a airport u talking poo that its misplaced priority wetin b your own guess your state doesn't have one. Deal with it airport coming to osun, ogbeni ride on joooooor.
I seldom exchange banters here but you're gonna make me break my vow- you are a very big fool. I made my opinion and you should have made yours without opening that thing you call mouth to abuse me. FYI, i am from Osun state, my formative years were in Osun state, i attended OAU and i visit Osun state regularly and i keep abreast of events in the state. Tell me the economic activities that will warrant a capital intensive project like an airport.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Boyoorisha: 12:10pm On May 03, 2013
O Airport grin
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by misterh(m): 12:15pm On May 03, 2013
wellmax:

What is this one saying, so you think its wrong for every state to have its own Airport. Nawa for this kind mentality oo.
*sighs*
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 12:16pm On May 03, 2013
LEvuls:
choi! my guy u too much....u de rison wella,goin to register....e bi lyk say u be p.d.D or stake holder?

Check my response to your thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1256122/facing-war-thatz-bigger-than/1#15537319
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by OLUDELEABIOLA(m): 12:16pm On May 03, 2013
Continuous Immotalization of the man's name by the O state is good but the fact is that the truth and justice that MKO and many others die for, the suffering that the entire people of the country are passing through since 1993 for a just democratic society is yet to materialised. This Democracy is really crazy!

Let June 12 election be validated then many people will still dare to lay down their life for what is just knowing that one day the troth will prevail.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by ekoilee: 12:16pm On May 03, 2013
Afam4eva: Why not complete it first before naming it after someone. And what does Osun even need an airport for. What a waste.

It's a cargo airport for transportation of farm produce and equipment to and from the stage to markets all over the country.

Osun is an agric state and they sure need every mode of transportation to evacuate their products and bring in supplies.

Once again, you put ignorance before common sense....
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by ekoilee: 12:19pm On May 03, 2013
misterh: This is not about remaining stagnant. It's called scale of preference in basic economics. There are better issues to contend with. The capital city, Osogbo is the only place where enough economic activities take place. Others are just small towns where majority of the people there are low income earners. It's not to bulid airports but will airlines patronise your airport?

Unfortunately for you, this is a cargo airport. You people really should try to read up on issues before commenting.

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by AZeD1(m): 12:22pm On May 03, 2013
eko ilee:

Unfortunately for you, this is a cargo airport. You people really should try to read up on issues before commenting.
If its a cargo airport then fine...
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by davades(m): 12:26pm On May 03, 2013
ACN is working PDP is busy hating! Nice job Ogbeni
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 12:26pm On May 03, 2013
Meritbaba: Yes election is coming up next year, he respect his people and the election that is why he is working towards the election unlike his pdp counterparts who did nothing because of their high interest in rigging

You have SOME point about PDP doing next to nothing.
However, ACN is doing useless, senseless things that are at variance with the BASIC elements for meaningful, sustainable development.
And what is worse is that they are doing it at very expensive, hyper inflated costs relying on propaganda and lies to hoodwink their followers. Such as the 1.5km Lekki "suspension" bridge for N29 billion
shocked

That is not what Awolowo did six decades ago in the WHOLE, ENTIRE Western region. The UPN governors resumed the good work three decades ago.
Please note that Awo was Premier for ONLY six years (1954-1960) while the UPN governors only had four years (1979-1983) before Ayatollah Buhari's coup after which he jailed them while keeping his fulani brother, president Shagari under house arrest.
Shameless ethnic & religious bigot.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by misterh(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2013
eko ilee:

But I did not see where the op typed that it was a cargo airport.

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by kingingkinging: 12:28pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

Elections are coming next year, 2014 so you should understand the effizy things.
That is how the band of fraudsters in the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN operates.

They are always using the FUTURE tense to report their projects - will be completed!

Meanwhile Aregberascal is yet to fully implement the N18,000 minimum wage in Osun and has a running battle with the state NLC.
Not much has been done on BASIC services of pipeborne water all over the state, rehabilitation of primary & secondary schools, primary health centres etc.

You people are just jealous of the man or you have not been following the man's actions, check the following below:

1. He has created jobs both directly and indirectly- OYES- 40,000 people ;
2. He invested heavily in agriculture- another way to create jobs for all and build the state economy through multiplier effects;
3. He invested in environment with about 100 trucks for packing dirt-for job creation and wealth creation;
4. He reduced school fees and has been paying subventions and grants fro students;
5. He has built Mega schools in all the local govt areas and has been feeding pupils in primary 1-3 daily creating jobs for the caterers and their staff
6. He pays the elders in the state and gives free health care services;
7 He has built health centres and repaired the old;
8. He has built more roads than any gov since the creation of the state within 2 and half years;
9. he has bought 200 vans for the law enforcement agencies-police, NSCDC, FRSC, etc;
There other things I cannot remember now eg. he supports Tourism, education, etc

If you don't have a good reason to talk pls leave Aregbesola, he is the best thing to happen to Osun State.

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by kingingkinging: 12:29pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

You people are just jealous of the man or you have not been following the man's actions, check the following below:

2. He invested heavily in agriculture- another way to create jobs for all and build the state economy through multiplier effects;
3. He invested in environment with about 100 trucks for packing dirt-for job creation and wealth creation;
4. He reduced school fees and has been paying subventions and grants fro students;
5. He has built Mega schools in all the local govt areas and has been feeding pupils in primary 1-3 daily creating jobs for the caterers and their staff
8. He has built more roads than any gov since the creation of the state within 2 and half years;
9. he has bought 200 vans for the law enforcement agencies-police, NSCDC, FRSC, etc;
There other things I cannot remember now eg. he supports Tourism, education, etc

If you don't have a good reason to talk pls leave Aregbesola, he is the best thing to happen to Osun State.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by kaysy(m): 12:30pm On May 03, 2013
Afam4eva: Why not complete it first before naming it after someone. And what does Osun even need an airport for. What a waste.

Why would you say that? everybody deserves a right to be treated equal provided we are all human being, if Abuja should have an airport, then every other states in the country deserves it too
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 12:30pm On May 03, 2013
misterh: But I did not see where the op typed that it was a cargo airport.

The story must change abi na evolve as genuine criticism of the BOGUS project emerge with cold hard facts.
[size=13pt]Typical 419 strategy.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 12:33pm On May 03, 2013
kingingkinging:

[size=13pt]You mean better than Awolowo and Bola Ige as Osun was part of the Western region and the old Oyo state, right[/size]

All those yoyo achievements you listed are quick fix shiny objects that do not and cannot contribute to meaningful sustainable development of teh state and its RESIDENTS whose money Aregberascal is blowing anyhow!
Get it

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Afam4eva(m): 12:44pm On May 03, 2013
kaysy:

Why would you say that? everybody deserves a right to be treated equal provided we are all human being, if Abuja should have an airport, then every other states in the country deserves it too
How about building an airport in every local government. Don't they deseerve it too?

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Jobos(m): 12:55pm On May 03, 2013

The state is working on international exposure thru industrialisation and tourism. And to capture revenue that goes with it.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Paentera(m): 12:55pm On May 03, 2013

Maybe you should educate us why the state does not need one? Are you aware that the state presently has started exporting farm produce to Asia? This is an extension of the governor's Agriculture as a means of sustenance vision.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by baynix(m): 12:59pm On May 03, 2013
kingingkinging:

God 'll Bless You!!
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Meritbaba(m): 1:01pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

[size=13pt]You mean better than Awolowo and Bola Ige as Osun was part of the Western region and the old Oyo state, right[/size]

All those yoyo achievements you listed are quick fix shiny objects that do not and cannot contribute to meaningful sustainable development of teh state and its RESIDENTS whose money Aregberascal is blowing anyhow!
Get it
If you are refering to a man like Aregbesola as Rascal, what would u called your own father?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 1:03pm On May 03, 2013
Meritbaba: If you are calling a man like (Aregbesola) Rascal, what would u called your father?

Maybe I will consider whatever you call your father, now that you are asking.
So what do you call your father
Is he also a political jobber and scammer like Aregberascal, by any chance?
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by mapet: 1:03pm On May 03, 2013
@ Misterh,

1. Your basic economics is a watery as the whole lameduck analysis many of you tried to put up here; infact stewwwwpidddddd
2. Many of you are just simply NL irritants that just type garbagge without bearing.
3. If you'd taken time to go digg up information and not rely on regurgitations on Nairaland like many of you guys so shamelessly do,you'll have known the economic and bilaterial importance, strategic allainces that has been worked out and the commercial nature of the proposed Airport. Many of you guys are simply annoying dull, just like half education being worse off than illetracy.
4. Who told you some of the basic things are not taken care of flip to today's ThisDay's newspaper, page 36d & 36e, where the achievements of those better issues are reported even with focus on the topic "From ancient to Modern Cities"
5. I cry within me for this generation. We are simply becoming unintelligent, intellectually lazy and near waste of intellectual investment. I welcome a very deep, well ellucidated and thoroughly analyzed opposing views, but not meaningless misinformation and bad belle.
6. "Others are small towns and low income earners" If this is not share foolish ignorance, then it can't be any more than brazzen arrogance

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Jobos(m): 1:06pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

Get it

Airport will create employment, tOurism (hotel and foreing and local visitor ) exportation of agric produce. These will boost state GDP .
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 1:09pm On May 03, 2013
Jobos:

Airport will create employment, tOurism (hotel and foreing and local visitor ) exportation of agric produce. These will boost state GDP .

Meanwhile civil servants are not paid in line with the N18,000 minimum wage agreement while the political jobbers in the state are giving themselves millions and chopping up inflated contracts.
Who be mugu
BTW, is the airport the BEST way to create employment, tourism etc given the amount of money involved?

Simply engaging labourers, supervisors, managers, directors etc (in an organisational chain of command structure) to cut the grass on the roadsides ALL over the state will create MORE jobs directly and improve agric, trade, tourism etc indirectly.
That is just one example of low cost, mass impact project that is not yoyo shine shine!!!
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Jobos(m): 1:20pm On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

Meanwhile civil servants are not paid in line with the N18,000 minimum wage agreement while the political jobbers in teh state are giving themselves millions and chopping up inflated contracts.
Who be mugu

Attimes our statement depicts our level of intellect,don't turn this to sloopy aguement. My earlier response was on why airport is important to osun state. Government is to provide condusive envirns for investors . Some of us are buried in the social economic idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Burning The Mosque In The Name Of Biafra / Jonathan, Jega, Nwodo Express Divergent Views On Restructuring Nigeria / Twitter's Suspension Persists Because They Haven't Met All Our Conditions - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.