Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

She Said She Is BROKE. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Said She Is BROKE. (5419 Views)

''I Asked Her Out, She Said ''No'', Now She's Tripping For Me'' / Guy Reveals His Shock Discovering He Had Twins Ex-gf Said She Had Aborted / What Do You Do When Your Boyfriend Is Broke And Asks You For Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by Shugamania(f): 10:37am On May 05, 2013
190:

with pleasure cheesy

Okay..
First u'll clean the courtyard, cook for me and do the laundry..
tongue
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by Nobody: 11:44am On May 05, 2013
Op. U are nt telling the full story. Besides; freedom of expression,she expressed herself and you took it personal. Not like she stated exclusively that she needed money. If am broke i will tell you am broke,cos thats the situation as at the time you asked. Being broke is a condition and if you bring up topics about my condition,i may nt leave that out.
Negativity has taken a greater part of us,so much that we dont even knw the truth any more,we keep assuming. Thinking everbdy is out to milk us. You can save a soul,it dosen't necessarily have to be a family member bfore you help.

What happens to politely telling her you are as broke as she is(even though thats not true) or simply encourage her to be patient,that God will provide?
Must there be services renderd b4 u help a begger?
Y is it that its only when a gal says she's broke that it means she wants to eat Maga and when a guy asks it means he's truely broke!

Abegi! Make i hear word.

1 Like

Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by pendo89(f): 12:12pm On May 05, 2013
chidyhels: Op. U are nt telling the full story. Besides; freedom of expression,she expressed herself and you took it personal. Not like she stated exclusively that she needed money. If am broke i will tell you am broke,cos thats the situation as at the time you asked. Being broke is a condition and if you bring up topics about my condition,i may nt leave that out.
Negativity has taken a greater part of us,so much that we dont even knw the truth any more,we keep assuming. Thinking everbdy is out to milk us. You can save a soul,it dosen't necessarily have to be a family member bfore you help.

What happens to politely telling her you are as broke as she is(even though thats not true) or simply encourage her to be patient,that God will provide?
Y is it that its only when a gal says she's broke that it means she wants to eat Maga and when a guy asks it means he's truely broke!

Abegi! Make i hear word.

cool cool cool

That's maturity.I have no problems telling a guy I am broke because I know it's not a permanent thing.I laugh it away and move on.
I am not telling you that I am broke so that you can take care of me.No way.I will not even allow myself to be at your mercy financially.
I am broke so I can't do 123 things that may make me enjoy the date.Fullstop.
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by MrsCork2(f): 12:34pm On May 05, 2013
Shugamania:

Lol.. Babe, u just gave these guys d opening they need to bash girls.
How broke can u get that'll make you resort to complaining to someone
you barely know? Two weeks??
Make i dey starve sef, my pride wont let me.

@guys, she said she's broke. She hasnt exactly told u to send money into
her account now. U for wait to see where she wan take d conversation
to.. tongue
Maybe na borrow she wan borrow from u sef.. cheesy

lol
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by MrsChima(f): 12:36pm On May 05, 2013
Copycat.
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by Shugamania(f): 1:05pm On May 05, 2013
Am i broke? - Yes.
Do i need to tell a virtual stranger? - No.

We all have our problems and u're not expected to wear them on ur sleeves or whine about it to the first person available.

Unless i have an ulterior motive like expecting him to do something about it, and if that's the case..well...

1 Like

Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by pendo89(f): 1:18pm On May 05, 2013
Shugamania: Am i broke? - Yes.
Do i need to tell a virtual stranger? - No.
Stranger no no
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by MrsChima(f): 1:23pm On May 05, 2013
I broke my nail. cry
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by mekaboy(m): 1:44pm On May 05, 2013
chidyhels: Op. U are nt telling the full story. Besides; freedom of expression,she expressed herself and you took it personal. Not like she stated exclusively that she needed money. If am broke i will tell you am broke,cos thats the situation as at the time you asked. Being broke is a condition and if you bring up topics about my condition,i may nt leave that out.

Abegi! Make i hear word.

Pls don't teach your daughter to tell male strangers she just met that she is broke. Of course she wanted me to tell her I will take care of her financial needs romantically, she was just shocked at my swift response to the pay as u go situation.

When I told her I know she wld accept money from me, she said yes but that is helping someone in need.

I took it personal because she repeated it 3 times. First she put and angry mood on dp, when I asked what's wrong she said she was broke. Later she put a sick mood. And I asked if she was sick, she said she told me she was broke. Then I laughed and told her to relax , she cld visit a friend and laugh and still be happy. She asked me how can she visit a friend when she said she is broke. It was like I have to change her situation before we discuss anything else. Because all our discussion ends around her being broke. That's why I told her since she can't do anything because she is broke, she shld come for the weekend at my place atleast I will pay for her cab and she will have fun.

And I believe she wld have agreed if we continued to argue, its just that I was turned off and I will see her like a wore if she comes.

So before you go on to make yourself cheap to guys u met newly, telling them your broke thinking your matured. Your value depreciates before their eyes. That's why some guys will sleep with a girl once or twice and delete her number. And she will say all guys are players, you won't know you sold urself cheap from the beginning.

3 Likes

Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by Shugamania(f): 1:56pm On May 05, 2013
pendo89:
Stranger no no

See?
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by seunfly: 2:02pm On May 05, 2013
Shugamania:

Okay..
First u'll clean the courtyard, cook for me and do the laundry..
tongue
lol.... @Shugamania, cleaning of courtyard and doing the main laundry is my best hobby.
I can cut those bushes in the courtyard as well.
My 190 will have to give way 4 me to come and render those services.
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by Shugamania(f): 2:12pm On May 05, 2013
^
shocked
Are we still talking about the same courtyard and laundry?

Okay, Before u start getting excited, u need a lawnmower, shears, hoes and a rake to work with. Where are they?
Don't forget u'll cook and do the dishes too. If am giving u 20k i should be getting full value for my money cos i know say u no go pay am back. cheesy
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 05, 2013
mekaboy:

Pls don't teach your daughter to tell male strangers she just met that she is broke. Of course she wanted me to tell her I will take care of her financial needs romantically, she was just shocked at my swift response to the pay as u go situation.

When I told her I know she wld accept money from me, she said yes but that is helping someone in need.

I took it personal because she repeated it 3 times. First she put and angry mood on dp, when I asked what's wrong she said she was broke. Later she put a sick mood. And I asked if she was sick, she said she told me she was broke. Then I laughed and told her to relax , she cld visit a friend and laugh and still be happy. She asked me how can she visit a friend when she said she is broke. It was like I have to change her situation before we discuss anything else. Because all our discussion ends around her being broke. That's why I told her since she can't do anything because she is broke, she shld come for the weekend at my place atleast I will pay for her cab and she will have fun.

And I believe she wld have agreed if we continued to argue, its just that I was turned off and I will see her like a wore if she comes.

So before you go on to make yourself cheap to guys u met newly, telling them your broke thinking your matured. Your value depreciates before their eyes. That's why some guys will sleep with a girl once or twice and delete her number. And she will say all guys are players, you won't know you sold urself cheap from the beginning.

A lot of us tell virtual friends our problems: it serves as purgation of emotion.

If a girl tells you she's broke, continue to wish her well. You mustn't make yourself her messiah. A lot of virtual male fiends tell me their problems: I don't hold it against them. I just continue to wish them well even when I get the vibe they want me to bring/initiate the "well" for them.
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by mekaboy(m): 2:26pm On May 05, 2013
gbaky_floor:

A lot of us tell virtual friends our problems: it serves as purgation of emotion.

If a girl tells you she's broke, continue to wish her well. You mustn't make yourself her messiah. A lot of virtual male fiends tell me their problems: I don't hold it against them. I just continue to wish them well even when I get the vibe they want me to bring/initiate the "well" for them.

I think you have to be abit close and familiar with someone before u start talking about your problem especially money.

So if my problem is that I want sex, and I meet a girl newly and tell her I want sex from her, will she find it offensive?

In that case, we all have problems yours might be money, mine might be company for a weekend. So since you don't see anything wrong with tell me your financial problem, I shld be comfortable to tell you my physical problem as well.

When she told me she was broke I did not ask her what she took me for. So why shld she ask what I take her for when I tell her my problem.

1 Like

Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by walearoy(m): 2:38pm On May 05, 2013

Abegi! Make i hear word.

Abegi!
Ladies iritate me when they say they are broke!
Imagine a lady I bought chicken and chips for cos I was very happy one night kept telling me ever since that she doesn't have cash and I keep telling her tell mumy to send nah, one day she came to my hostel and pleaded with me to follow her to repair her laptop, getting there the repairer charged 1k, and the next thing she said was 'I don't have moni' wale borrow me, ill give you when I get to my hostel, getting to the hostel heard same excuse of 'I don't have moni here' I'll give you on friday. Till today, friday never reach!
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by mekaboy(m): 3:49pm On May 05, 2013
This is how girls fall victim to ritual killers, because their long throat will not let them get to know someone well before telling their problems.

Assuming I was a ritual killer, I will arrange a meeting at a resturant close to her house. After we eat and drink I give her 5k.

In a week time I know she must have spent the money and is broke again, I will tell her to meet me somewhere else to give her more money.

She will come there, and the next thing the pictures of a girl burried somewhere with her breast cut off will be all over the internet.
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by Idowuogbo(f): 4:01pm On May 05, 2013
pleep: lol, if my sister is ever broke she will come to me or our father.

because my parents didnt raise a whoare.
Beaurriful!
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by switdick(m): 8:55pm On May 05, 2013
There's absolutely nothing Mature about telling Someone you're broke...

It is courtesy deficient especially when you say you have no ulterior motive to be helped, why tell Someone you Just met,even if you've known this lad from kindergarten ...

What is it with girls and their bid to undermine truth?? How can you not see your leech stricken Money hungry habit exposed by telling??

He'd know you're broke ,he has got eyes and the sense to ,why tell ??.....

You only Look Cheap in the eyes of this chap when you tell him.....

IMO" ..when you tell, you ain't only Financially broke but Mentally broke as well,
wtf ?!! undecided

1 Like

Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by pendo89(f): 9:05pm On May 05, 2013
mekaboy:

Pls don't teach your daughter to tell male strangers she just met that she is broke.
TRUE

Of course she wanted me to tell her I will take care of her financial needs romantically, she was just shocked at my swift response to the pay as u go situation.

MIND GAMES CHEAP WOMEN PLAY.That's annoying.Thought this was [b]your gal [/b]not some stranger you just met
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by sunnyt1(m): 11:31pm On May 05, 2013
The funny thing abt this is that these kind of gals are very fast in giving guys names.

They start telling people that guy is very stingy.

It shdnt bother u wen a gal call u stingy under these kind of scenerio
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by nairabacks(f): 11:32pm On May 05, 2013
Hmmm !
Reminds of my days when I thot BBM was the best means of meeting really nice peeps, especially chics.

NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH ! Its like these girls are just waiting for you to come and renew their bb subscription.

They're always too broke to find N1500 at the end of the month. Even after renewing it for them, they now see you like a blank cheque to make demands on for cash, gifts, plane tickets, trips etc at will.

And not all of these girls are as destitute as they want you to believe. You see there dps, they're sitting in big houses, big cars and you ask where is this ? Only for them to reply its my Dad's car, my Dads house ..

Then you go thinking oh rili ? Why can't this tramp ask her dad for the cash and stuff she needs ? You're eventually forced to question them for real, they get mad, you fall out with them and you got no option than to delete their contact. Good riddance !

Another chic, after helping her subscription agreed to hook up on a weekend. She said we would only meet on condition we meet at this particular Bar and buy her this and that particular drinks. I agreed but a day to the meeting she said she was bringing her friend as a tag along.

I promptly deleted her.

My BBM has less than 20 contacts these days. Most of them are business partners.

Then there's a new system used by girls who are already acquaintances with you but going out with/ engaged to some other guy.

GIRL:"I'm broke , I was just wondering if you could help out"

YOU: What about your fiancee /bf , have you told him your situation ?

GIRL: "Erm NO, I haven't told him, I don't want to bother him right now."

YOU: Why, did you guys have a fight or what ?

GIRL: No, its just that he has a lot on his plate right now, I don't wanna be a burden - that's all.

YOU: Okay suppose, I give you a little help, can I tell him about it when I see him next ?

GIRL: What ?? WHY NO !! For what ?

YOU: So you want me to help you but he shouldn't know about it ?

GIRL: its between me and you, its nothing to do with him.

Now if you were the guy here what would be going thru ur mind ?

Secondly, if you were the bf of this girl and overheard this chat what would you think ?
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by mekaboy(m): 9:28am On May 06, 2013
They don't like the truth. You have the courage to talk about money to a guy u jst met and your are surprised when he asks you to come spend the night.
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by Shugamania(f): 10:31am On May 06, 2013
Lol..
E don do una...u sha no giv d broke geh money. BTW, God luvs a cheerful giver oo.
tongue

cheesy
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 06, 2013
You're a good brother...
pleep: lol, if my sister is ever broke she will come to me or our father.
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by ezemoses(m): 12:49pm On May 06, 2013
such girls are gold diggers and one should be careful of them. i also do not have any respect for them
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by Oohrhii(m): 5:03pm On May 06, 2013
Mrs..Cork:

lol

^^^ NOW WE HAVE MRS CORK!

Pathetic family of Corks undecided

I guess you would like a Black Man
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by firetrap(m): 8:55pm On May 06, 2013
Shugamania: Lol..
E don do una...u sha no giv d broke geh money. BTW, God luvs a cheerful giver oo.
tongue

cheesy

abeg oh since u say God loves a cheerful giver, u go fit come give me small kpomo make I chop
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 06, 2013
Seriously this is one mistakes ladies make. One gurl once added me on BBM, i don't know how she got my pin and she doesn't have an explanation for it and am not used to deleting people so i let her be, after sometime she chats,she talks like she knows me very well and i was so curious to know who the gurl is and she happened to be in the same ph with me so i booked an appointment with her and went to pick her up, omoh we haven't even discussed anything meaningful and this gurl started telling me how she wants to buy shoes for her little sisters and brothers and needed money and i was like what the fuk is dis, i went fully cold and off. Later on i got to find out she is one of my gf friends.
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 06, 2013
Op dont sweat yourself. It's normal female behaviour. Many of them want to get without giving in return but as they grow the smart ones learn that life is not like that. You cant always be at the receiving end. Even a plant that bears fruits must be watered before it grows. Just yesterday, one girl I went on a date with and I've not seen in 3 months called me and told me she needed credit urgently very late at night asking me to transfer credit to her. I told her I wasnt able to at the moment and the next thing she called me was STINGY. How does not wanting to send you credit translate to being stingy? She kept on about me being stingy like she is entitled to my money. We're not even dating talkless of married. Anyway I sent her the credit so she will let me rest afterall it's just small money to me. The thing is many girls have a sense of entitlement. When they're broke rather than find an avenue to make money, they beg. Most guys are not like this. If I'm broke, the last person i will notify is a lady. When ladies give you money ehn, the way they will do when you dont pay back promptly, I swear you will never try it again. And I'm sure every smart man knows that when you borrow a babe money you're never getting it back. Atleast not in full.
Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by KnegroDamus: 9:59pm On May 06, 2013
^ Are u kidding me?

You Naija men are a lost tribe of monkeys. How do you want complain about ladies feeling entitled to your money yet when a woman you have not even seen for 3 months asks for money you give like a mumu? How exactly is that teaching her to be more responsible?

You guys have to admit that 99% of the messed up and silly behavior in Nigerian women comes from the over-stupidity of nigerian men

FACT

1 Like

Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by KnegroDamus: 10:00pm On May 06, 2013
If i could call a girl up and get money from her do you think i wouldnt do it?

[size=15pt]and every other man would too, thats the possition YOU put them in[/size]

1 Like

Re: She Said She Is BROKE. by switdick(m): 10:30pm On May 06, 2013
12 inches!:
Op dont sweat yourself. It's normal female behaviour. Many of them want to get without giving in return but as they grow the smart ones learn that life is not like that. You cant always be at the receiving end. Even a plant that bears fruits must be watered before it grows. Just yesterday, one girl I went on a date with and I've not seen in 3 months called me and told me she needed credit urgently very late at night asking me to transfer credit to her. I told her I wasnt able to at the moment and the next thing she called me was STINGY. How does not wanting to send you credit translate to being stingy? She kept on about me being stingy like she is entitled to my money. We're not even dating talkless of married. Anyway I sent her the credit so she will let me rest afterall it's just small money to me. The thing is many girls have a sense of entitlement. When they're broke rather than find an avenue to make money, they beg. Most guys are not like this. If I'm broke, the last person i will notify is a lady. When ladies give you money ehn, the way they will do when you dont pay back promptly, I swear you will never try it again. And I'm sure every smart man knows that when you borrow a babe money you're never getting it back. Atleast not in full.

shocked shocked

You didn't have to type that mehn!!!

How do you mean "so I can rest" ? How did that work ?? ....Must be a spell or something"

A girl that even called you stingy ??

My God!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Would Never Woo An Imbe'cile Again. / Watch Video Of African Biggest Butties Show / My Male Friend "Raped" Me (A Story Of Close Intimacy With Opposite Sex)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.