Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,774 members, 7,955,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:37 PM

How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! (54848 Views)

Revealed: Abiola Ajimobi Instigated His Colleagues To Stop The Payment Of N18,00 / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Major Nzeogwu And His Colleagues Tried A Revolution In 1966- Tunji Braithwaite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by lucom: 4:36pm On May 08, 2013
How much more selective can you be? but no matter how hard you try you cannot re-write history. Interesting to note that the article you selectively quoted from provided more answers than the questions you have raised here. Get drunk on the idea of Buhari presidency for as long as you want it changes nothing and I doubt if you yes you would have decided otherwise in those circumstances.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by aldehyde: 4:39pm On May 08, 2013
The only reason why Nigeria has not progressed.....It is alright when our kinsmen kill unarmed politicians (and by the way predominantly from a single tribe) and scuttle thereby democracy. However, if their fellow soldiers (a la Buhari and co) undertakes a counter coup and kill fellow military men,it is evil and there is blood on his hands.

I'm not saying whatever Buhari is accused of is good, if indeed he is guilty, but what is good for the goose has to be good for the gander. That, is the only way the country can move forward!
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by ogaemma: 4:40pm On May 08, 2013
If before now Buhari have retired from active politics, will this news come up?
Is too early for PDP to start dreading the new APC. 1966 baseless stories will not help.
Come 2015 let our vote speak and not baseless stories without source.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 4:44pm On May 08, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

This wasn't a case of wiping out Nzeogwu's family. It was a case of wiping out the neighbors of an armed robber because an Armed robber murdered someone while robbing. Please I said it was an unfair retaliatory response. Please explain to me what you are trying to prove here. I don't get it anymore.
pls define fair retaliation
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Josephchuks: 4:58pm On May 08, 2013
If some bastards think this news won't affect Buhari's chances of
winning election they should have their heads re-examined. Already to some people Buhari is
a murderer and blood sucker. You see why Nigeria will never know peace. You killed your
colleagues years back and you are here now claiming to be a saint?
God will ask the blood of the innocents from you one good day.
Bastard!!Boko Haramist.

2 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by alemunile: 5:49pm On May 08, 2013
fellows I love this. but one thing I want to point out fellows is. Fela anikulapo kuti already said it in so many ways. army arrangement. I think our believes as a Nigerians are very selective. we don't have any kind of democracy in Nigeria. is all demonstration of crazy. since shagari was overthrown. our lovely country have been controlled by ex army. there mentality is kill and go. take the senate president for example. he was in the office during obasanjo. and he is still there now. who put goodluck there? do anybody think somebody like fashola and duke former governor of calabar will ever smell that office? Babatunde Idiagbon said in an interview. that for Nigeria to have peace. all the former ruler and top army officer should be jailed or killed. and he was right. guess what happen to him. am sure we all know that. Abiola did not allow to get to the office bcus he knows too much about the Nigeria army secret. and the top traditional rulers like ooni to mention few did not want him to take office. so what happen. he 6feet below. the story goes on. Now I think Buhari want to be president just to deal with some people. and those people will not let him get there. do u think some one like babagida and other top army officers will grants him that? The votes are not counted. so the citizen have to stand up and fight for their right. The thing is we don't even know our rights anymore in that country is a shame. We have natural resources in that country is crazy and yet we can not even enjoy a day of peace with the family with power failure, we produce oil yet we have to pay arm and leg to get it. When fela said it people called him name. his been dead for over a decade now. but what he said in his music is what we are going tru now. We all grew up hearing from our parent how they want us to go to school get good education and all. yet I have seen a master holder with okader just to make ends meet. that is a disgrace to our leaders. but they don't care. they are selfish and have their own personal agenda. take our roads for example. all these muderfucker have house oversea and money stash abroad. and they cant keep our lovely country clean, And for our traditional rulers they are all greedy bastards. Yoruba say AGBA KIN WA LOJA KI ORI OMO TUNTUN WO. WELL AGBA OLE NIWON. Nigeria politics is like a revolving door. take book haram for example. some powerful politician is behind them. now they want armnesty? where in the world do u hear and country considering giving amnesty to people that kills innocent people? so my fellow Nigerians we still have a long way to go. personal I don't think anybody should hold that country hostage. but Nigeria army are right now.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 5:51pm On May 08, 2013
gtrust:

You don't need to kill if they are unarmed!
Why
If they resist arrest, you still don't shot to kill.
You shot their toes and arrest and treat them!!!

I think you guys don't get it.

You DO NOT kill the un-armed!
nobody is disputing that with u ,but u cannot single out buhari because of ur sentiment or personal reasons 4 us. The op should have js condemn generally the killing of unarm officers instead of singling out buhari. Hope u get it nw
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by alemunile: 5:54pm On May 08, 2013
And we should remember that buhari was the person that wanted to introduce sharia law to all part of the country. his is snake and deadly. I can guarantee you all that someone like babagida that overthrew him and obasanjo will see to it that he will not make it to aso rock
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:56pm On May 08, 2013
Word around is that Buhari is a murderer. People are now talkin.

2 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 5:57pm On May 08, 2013
PointB:

It doesn't makes right. Such orders are actually supposed to be refused. You don't kill unarmed combatants, it is called murder!
I agree with u, but singling him out is also not right 4 whatever reasons u choose. In the world generally people follow orders wether it is right or wrong and talking abt refusing orders I guess u were Js joking
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 6:00pm On May 08, 2013
loswhite: I agree with u, but singling him out is also not right 4 whatever reasons u choose. In the world generally people follow orders wether it is right or wrong and talking abt refusing orders I guess u were Js joking

You still don't get it! The others don't matter NOW! They are not asking for leadership position with innocent bloods on their head, unlike buhari! Get it?
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 6:23pm On May 08, 2013
Dede1:

Individuals in you IQ make it possible for certain people to agitate for the disintegration of Nigeria. It is pure punishment to share a country with a low life such you who could not start logical deduction. The OP was not interested in the genesis of the coup or which soldiers initiated the first coup or about counter coup.

From a sane point of view, I deduced the OP tried to bring the military record of an ex-soldier who wants to become a civilian president of Nigeria.

If you are so silly and dumb not to fathom out this scenario, I am sorry to tell you that stupidity can not be fixed.
i will not resort to insult with u but u would had Js stated that u deliberately remove dat part because of wat u deduce frm the op post. As an intelligent person you will agree with me that such issues are suppose to be discuss extensively so dat ppl can learn more and deduce wat ever they want to deduce frm the thread instead of limiting our selves to the interest of the op. finally you can learn a lot from low life ppl
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by abes(m): 6:25pm On May 08, 2013
First coup: Both military officers and civilians were slaughtered unharmed = Best thing in the world!!!!
Second coup (retaliatory coup): Only military officers that were involved in the first onslaught were killed = MURDER!!!!!

This is the real logic, forget what you were taught in school. Always blame the reactions for the actions.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Afolabs101: 6:31pm On May 08, 2013
@Point B

Your proof that Buhari is a murderer who went into a frenzy and butchered lots of unarmed Igbo soldiers is the word of ONE PERSON

Do you have any other proof of the atrocities committed by Buhari, other than the account of ONE PERSON. It is possible that this account is coming from someone who may have or have had beef with Buhari and decided to make up a story about his involvement.

I don't support Buhari and frankly don't think he would make a good President and therefore would not vote for him. The reality anyway is that after three failed attempts, it is extremely unlikely that the guy will even be given the chance to run again, if he does my guess is he will probably lose.

So instead of singling him out under the pretext that he has a good chance of winning the next election (we know he doesn't), why not try to bring those who have committed atrocities to book?

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Oakgate700: 6:34pm On May 08, 2013
It is a shame that this is the kind of post coming from a Nigerian graduate. I am sure you wouldn't have mindedd if it was Hausas or Fulanis he killed then. Do you care to know how many igbos, policemen, xtians etc that jonathans presidency has sent to the great beyond eventhough remotely.Do you know how many Nigerians have died because someone stole the money meant for rOad rehabilitation or for drug supplies in the hospitals. If you don't like Buhari that is your business stop loooking for reasons to validate your stance. 1966. I am not sure your were even born then.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by gtrust: 8:01pm On May 08, 2013
Oakgate700: It is a shame that this is the kind of post coming from a Nigerian graduate. I am sure you wouldn't have mindedd if it was Hausas or Fulanis he killed then. Do you care to know how many igbos, policemen, xtians etc that jonathans presidency has sent to the great beyond eventhough remotely.Do you know how many Nigerians have died because someone stole the money meant for rOad rehabilitation or for drug supplies in the hospitals. If you don't like Buhari that is your business stop loooking for reasons to validate your stance. 1966. I am not sure your were even born then.

What are you talking about

You do NOT kill un-armed soldiers/officers talk less of civilians!
No excuse what-so-ever!!!

As an officer, Buhari should have known that and if he didn't then what does he know
No excuse for ANYONE who killed un-armed people be you Nzeogwo, T-Y Danjuma, IBB, ETC

About Mr President, yes, the blames have to end on his table but that is different from Killing the un-armed!

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by gtrust: 8:05pm On May 08, 2013
abes: First coup: Both military officers and civilians were slaughtered unharmed = Best thing in the world!!!!
Second coup (retaliatory coup): Only military officers that were involved in the first onslaught were killed = MURDER!!!!!

This is the real logic, forget what you were taught in school. Always blame the reactions for the actions.

Wrong sir!

You do not kill un-armed people simple.
Even if they resist arrest you do not kill, you can shoot the toes or knee cap, NOT KILL!
It IS barbaric, uncivilised, act of terrorism and makes the person UNWORTHY!!!!

Buhari is the reference point today because he presented himself as 'an eligible'!

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by abes(m): 8:36pm On May 08, 2013
gtrust:

Wrong sir!

You do not kill un-armed people simple.
Even if they resist arrest you do not kill, you can shoot the toes or knee cap, NOT KILL!
It IS barbaric, uncivilised, act of terrorism and makes the person UNWORTHY!!!!
Remember we are talking about 1966.
Remember a coup is not a game of table tennis.
A military officer involved in a coup already knows the consequences.

gtrust: Buhari is the reference point today because he presented himself as 'an eligible'!
Explain to me how the Nigerian constitution or Electoral Act presents Buhari as 'a non-eligible'
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by tempest01(m): 10:43pm On May 08, 2013
Again, those spewing on and on about action and reaction will be the first to condemn when soldiers go berserk and kill civilians when one of theirs is killed by militants. They will be the first to call the president murderer and all...all these myopic views are as a result of one thing; Sentiments.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:24pm On May 08, 2013
loswhite: pls define fair retaliation

If someone hurts a friend of yours, you hurt the person back. That is fair.

If someone hurts a friend of yours and you go and hurt the person's girlfriend who has no idea or benefit of the crime, that is unfair.

If Gen. Buhari and Co. killed Nzeogwu and Co, it would have been a fair retaliation. Killing unarmed Colleagues of his, come on. That is so unfair.

Imagine if Ibos start killing unarmed Hausas in the name of retaliation, will that be fair? Please let us not be bias with our ideas.

The notion of hurting people because they come from a geographical location is evil. Most times, it is innocent people being hurt.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 08, 2013
[size=18pt]Extract from interview with Buhari[/size]
Did you play any role in the counter-coup? - No! Not that I will tell you.

You know at 70, you are reminiscing. You are saying it the way it is, you don’t give a damn anymore… - Well, there was a coup. That is all I can tell you. I was a unit commander and certainly, there was a breakdown of law and order. So, I was posted to a combatant unit, although 2 Brigade Transport Company was a combatant unit. You know there were administrative and combatant units and the service unit, like health, education. Even transport, there are administrative ones, but there are combatant ones also.

The question I asked was, did you play any specific role? - No. I was too junior to play any specific role. I was just a lieutenant then. In 1966, January, I was a Second Lieutenant, but I was promoted, I think, around April, May, or June to Lieutenant.

And what were your impressions of that period? - You see, senior military officers had been killed and politicians, like Sardauna, Akintola, Okotie Eboh. They were killed. And then in the military, Maimalari, Yakubu Pam, Legima, Shodeinde, and Ademolegun; so really, it had a tribal tinge.

The first one? - Yes. And then, there was a counter.

One mistake gave birth to another one? - Certainly, certainly.

And then long years of military came? - Oh yes.

From 1967-75, it was Gowon. At that point in time, where were you? - When Gowon came into power, I wonder whether I would recall where I was. It was July 1967 that Gowon came in. That was when I was in Lagos. I was again in Lagos, then in the transport company.

Then he took over? - Yeah, Gowon took over or Gowon was installed.

Well, more like you… - [laughs] Yes.

And then in 1967? - Civil war.

So, you have to give me that part because there are some books I have read, that featured your name. So, what were your experiences during the civil war? - Well, I told you that we were parked into the rail to Kaduna from Ikeja, 2nd Infantry Battalion and when states were created by General Gowon, police action was ordered; we were moved to the border in the East. We were not in Nsukka, but in Ogoja. We started from Ogoja.

http://www.informationng.com/2012/12/i-have-not-forgiven-obasanjo-buhari-bares-it-all-in-new-interview.html
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:02am On May 09, 2013
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]Extract from interview with Buhari[/size]
Did you play any role in the counter-coup? - No! Not that I will tell you.

What will work is for the General to look into the issue of killing unarmed men and say whether he had a part in it. If he had a part in that slaughter, he should let Nigerians know that he was actually following orders and regrets his action.

If he didn't have a hand in the killing of the Unarmed soldiers, he should publicly wash his hands off the allegation.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by AMvanquish: 1:35am On May 09, 2013
automaticcarzz:

You have no proof of him being a murderer. Although, he was involved in a coup to overthrow a democratically elected President without killing a single person. The proof you posted above holds no water in court of law. You may have a legitimate reason to be against him but Buhari is no murderer. Out of all the names you listed, why singling only him out as murderer? Do you have the list of people he killed while he was Head of State? If so, what was their wrongdoing?

Gbam! Uv said it all.. D mugu just read it somewhere and wants to cause confusion. We always know d usual troublemakers.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by OsunOriginal: 1:43am On May 09, 2013
tomber:
But you read more than the firstline. Now jugde urself.

Buhari took part in a coup( am not really particular with that cos thaz miliary ish). But d way in wc power was taken away from him just so simply speaks volume. someone who wept and said he'l not contest again now saying odawise. that also speaks volume.
He's not reliable... He can do and undo... he cannot be trusted...

I have time to read the rubbish the OP posted? I am too busy to read that junk...
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by ceejay4real(m): 3:44am On May 09, 2013
automaticcarzz:

I really don't know your age but back in those days, these military boys knew nothing but to kill eachother. Killing eachother was the norms back then. It was Nzeogwu who caused the bad blood. The Hausas were also saying why did Nzogwu kill the person who was praying with his pregnant wife. They were unarmed too. What goes around comes around. It was unfortunate the way these people were behaving back them but karma is always and always been a b1tch.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by ceejay4real(m): 4:02am On May 09, 2013
abes: First coup: Both military officers and civilians were slaughtered unharmed = Best thing in the world!!!!

You are a BIG FOOL!!! IDIOT!
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by adeswagsdmj(m): 8:14am On May 09, 2013
[/color] shocked[color=#990000] buhari time as head of state was 1 of d best times 4 Nigerians bt most of us were nt born.......so ppl jst judge him bcuz of d coup even me until i heard it 4rm ppl dat as a rich man during buhari's tym u cnt own more than 2 car dats y M.K.O abiola sponsored babaginda 2 take ova 4rm him.....Ask..,.FACT
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 8:20am On May 09, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

What will work is for the General to look into the issue of killing unarmed men and say whether he had a part in it. If he had a part in that slaughter, he should let Nigerians know that he was actually following orders and regrets his action.

If he didn't have a hand in the killing of the Unarmed soldiers, he should publicly wash his hands off the allegation.

Buhari is a murderer. It is expected that most murderer are serial liars as well. To expect Buhari to owe up to this killing is to expect too much. How could he claim he, a Lieutenant as at then, was too junior to participate in coup plan by officers his rank, and even lower. He is simply a bloody murderer and an accomplished lair! Same man that told the world, Abacha never stole!
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Nobody: 8:44am On May 09, 2013
~Bluetooth:

When will you guys stop bitching about this pogrom bullshiit ? Your brother killed hausa,you jubilate.Hausa killed you,you write a history book about it.this is fuckkin hysterics.
I dont even have your time as far as the above post is concerned.

And dat referendum thing u were asking for was settled by ojukwu before the war, most of the easterners wanted biafra and not war.
U will not read books but carry ur tribalistic self to comment on this forum. If u lack info abt d war, all u need is to ask for it, cos even Gowon will not side your ignorance.
N Dont quote me again anytime your brain is running anaerobic.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by greenguy: 9:49am On May 09, 2013
Mr. Poster,

Who was a more righteous soldier?
(a) Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo
(b) Gen. Muhammadu Buhari
(c) Gen. Ibrahim Babangida
(d) Gen. Sani Abacha

Who is a more righteous politician?
(d) Gen. Sani Abacha

Who is a more righteous civilian?
(d) Gen. Sani Abacha

Who is a better nigerian?
(d) Gen. Sani Abacha
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by gudugudumeje: 1:20pm On May 09, 2013
can you imagine how non-circumspect top Igbo soldiers including Ironsi, civil servants, politicians had been prior to 1966 and in the year 1966 such that attract vicious attacks......
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by billyG(m): 2:05pm On May 09, 2013
Abegi make we hear word are igbo not killing & eating theirselves nowadays.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo With Mothers Of Chibok Girls In Abuja Today / Soldiers Swoop On IPOB/ESN Hideout In Anambra, Recover Arms (Photos) / Fayemi Lands In EFCC Custody Over N4bn ‘fraud’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.