Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! (54488 Views)

Revealed: Abiola Ajimobi Instigated His Colleagues To Stop The Payment Of N18,00 / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Major Nzeogwu And His Colleagues Tried A Revolution In 1966- Tunji Braithwaite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 2:41pm On May 08, 2013
PointB:

There is a great difference when a soldier kills armed soldier(s) in combat - he is simply doing his job . But when you butcher unarmed men, as obvious from the foregoing, as they come out for morning PT, it is called murder, it is abominable! As a matter of fact, it is cowardice, and not any different from what boko haram is doing!
you will agree with me that when it comes to plotting a military coup u break d rules because it is kill or be killed. I think ur post should be directed to all coup plotters not buhari because he was Js following orders from a possible divided military
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by gtrust: 2:42pm On May 08, 2013
PointB:

There is a great difference when a soldier kills armed soldier(s) in combat - he is simply doing his job . But when you butcher unarmed men, as obvious from the foregoing, as they come out for morning PT, it is called murder, it is abominable! As a matter of fact, it is cowardice, and not any different from what boko haram is doing!

They way BH operate is simply the same as an officer killing un-armed soldiers/officers!
Unarmed combatants (enermy/friend) should be arrested and taken prisoners (of war or peace)

I know Ojukwu released a prisoner of peace and a high value one at that in the person of Awolowo whom he inherited
in Enugu prison- he did not put him there!
You begin to wonder if they understand the VALUE of prisoners of war or peace
If the Biafrans had Awolowo as a negotiation bargain I wonder what...

Maybe they just didn't get it and the that is even worse!
Americans are ALWAYS in the business of catching as many as possible alife and we all know why they're able to predict...
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by gtrust: 2:45pm On May 08, 2013
loswhite: you will agree with me that when it comes to plotting a military coup u break d rules because it is kill or be killed. I think ur post should be directed to all coup plotters not buhari because he was Js following orders from a possible divided military

You don't need to kill if they are unarmed!
Why
If they resist arrest, you still don't shot to kill.
You shot their toes and arrest and treat them!!!

I think you guys don't get it.

You DO NOT kill the un-armed!

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 2:49pm On May 08, 2013
PointB:

Look at this one talking about court of law in this matter. It's like talking about court of law to prove Abiola was murdered in prison. Stop reasoning like a child my guy!
clearly driven by sentiment and hatred for buhari will not make u have a clear understanding of issues. It was a counter coup so pls get all d facts and find out who gave the orders
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 2:51pm On May 08, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: A Murderer running for President only in Nigeria, in the real world, he did be facing charges for crimes against humanity.
stick to reading thrills and boom or hint magazine jor
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 2:55pm On May 08, 2013
loswhite: so what if he was following orders

It doesn't makes right. Such orders are actually supposed to be refused. You don't kill unarmed combatants, it is called murder!

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Mylove55(f): 2:56pm On May 08, 2013
I am a pastor,d only person as of now to cleanse d system is buhari, b4 a good economist like utomi,not sanusi or iwela,to take over.in ur report,it says a young soldiel wants to cleanse d system.b4 obj rule 4 8yrs was then not too much blood in his hand.is Gej not killing people everyday.buhari never kill,it is all lie
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 08, 2013
iposter what role did the humble general play exactly? When your igbo brothers like captain nwobosi, major timothy ifeajuna kaduna nzeogwu etal murdered patriots like sir balewa ahmadu bello, col shodeinde brig mailameri and all those who lost their lives in the coup of january 1966.i beleive u will do this forum a great service by presenting us the details of the role a certain lt.muhammadu buhari played in d counter coup and also the babaric actions of your igbo brethren that lead to the counter coup thanks.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by ekoilee: 3:00pm On May 08, 2013
gtrust:

You don't need to kill if they are unarmed!
Why
If they resist arrest, you still don't shot to kill.
You shot their toes and arrest and treat them!!!

I think you guys don't get it.

You DO NOT kill the un-armed!

Where was this rule in the same 66 when unarmed innocent men, women and even pregant women were slaughtered in their sleep by blood thirsty and sadistic killers like nzeogwu?
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by poseidon12: 3:01pm On May 08, 2013
PointB, thanks very much for this information about Gen. Buhari. Since he is aspiring to be president of Nigeria, it is very important that we know who he really is.
I voted for him in the last election. However, if I had this information about him, I would not have voted him. But if he had come out in the past to admit to the evil deed and expressed regret, I would forgive.
This is a terrible country where past atrocities are swept under the carpet and everybody pretends like nothing happened. Then on Fridays and Sundays, they troop to the mosques and churches. Nigerians will win first prize for hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 3:02pm On May 08, 2013
Dede1:

It is unfortunate you are twisted out of human form because Muhammadu Buhari’s record as a soldier is made public. Let me inform you that one’s record as a military officer is not a subject of court deliberation. Lt Muhammadu Buhari was active participant in the July 29, 1966 coup that saw to the massacre of Nigerian officers of Igbo dissents and soldiers from eastern region.
and you are very ignorant not to know dat it was a counter coup that means the same Igbo started the coup and killing in the first place
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 3:04pm On May 08, 2013
gtrust:

They way BH operate is simply the same as an officer killing un-armed soldiers/officers!
Unarmed combatants (enermy/friend) should be arrested and taken prisoners (of war or peace)

I know Ojukwu released a prisoner of peace and a high value one at that in the person of Awolowo whom he inherited
in Enugu prison- he did not put him there!
You begin to wonder if they understand the VALUE of prisoners of war or peace
If the Biafrans had Awolowo as a negotiation bargain I wonder what...

Maybe they just didn't get it and the that is even worse!
Americans are ALWAYS in the business of catching as many as possible alife and we all know why they're able to predict...

They just don't get it.

Some of them are even arguing blinding that Nzeogwu precipitated it, as if it make it right. World over, killing unarmed soldiers is considered a crime, every military personnel know this basic principle.

Below is a typical example in the same era, and same coup, by some of the coup leader themselves:

After being alerted, first by Lt. Col. Muhammed, then Lt. Col. Gowon, Captain Garba and Lt. Tarfa secured the Federal (then known as ‘National’) Guards Barracks at Obalende, better known as 'Dodan Barracks'. It is named after a town called Dodan in the Arakan peninsula in Burma where Nigerians fought back in World War 2. They rounded up all Igbo soldiers and locked them up in safety. Not a single Igbo soldier in that unit lost his life.Garba and Tarfa overcame a challenge by a northern soldier called Adamu Lamurde who emotionally threatened to kill them both if he was not allowed to avenge the death of Brigadier Maimalari by liquidating the Igbo soldiers in the unit. Indeed, this achievement was one of the very few successes of northern officers against northern NCOs seeking revenge.Garba later got a letter of commendation and appreciation fromCol Hilary Njoku, his erstwhile Brigade Commander, when all the Igbo soldiers including Sergeant Vidal, Private Oligbo, Private Calistus Chukwu and others in the unit eventually arrived back safely in the east.

Now that is bravery!
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 3:07pm On May 08, 2013
poseidon12: PointB, thanks very much for this information about Gen. Buhari. Since he is aspiring to be president of Nigeria, it is very important that we know who he really is.
I voted for him in the last election. However, if I had this information about him, I would not have voted him. But if he had come out in the past to admit to the evil deed and expressed regret, I would forgive.
This is a terrible country where past atrocities are swept under the carpet and everybody pretends like nothing happened. Then on Fridays and Sundays, they troop to the mosques and churches. Nigerians will win first prize for hypocrisy.

You are welcome kind sir.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 3:18pm On May 08, 2013
PointB:

Actually, I am not disappointed in anyway to encounter a so-called Igbo defending the murder of his fellow Igbos by hausa/fulani elements, hiding under circumstance. Actually, there are quite a number of Igbos like yourself, who prefer to play the ostrich and pretend all is well even as Igbos are continually massacred in the north with the connivance of their leaders, in mold of Buhari, despite the fact that the we are not in the 'era of coups and civil war.'

I also wonder where you saw absolve Nzeogwu in this thread, or I praise him for killing civilians or his other soldiers during his naive coup. As a matter of fact, Nzeogwu is dead, and Ojukwu never won any election in Nigeria on the account of his role in Biafra.

As for Buhari being a murderer, I can only say you lied when you claimed it was my opinion. The source of the story is provided for you to verify. Buhari indeed either supervised or participated in the murdering of his comrades. Perhaps, you should be wondering how many of those Igbo officers Buhari personally killed in the orgy, his demeanor when he pull the trigger to send those surprised and half awake comrades to their maker.

It is shameful that you easily conceded that Nzeogwu and co in the first coup killed other soldiers, but when it was revealed that Buhari also participated in revenge killing Igbo soldiers, you defer to a court of competent jurisdiction. Pray, which court of competent jurisdiction convicted Nzeogwu (who was given a state burial by FG)? How would you claim you defend Igbo, yet pander to double standard when judging Igbos conducts vis-a-vis others? Some of you don't even know who you are anymore. It such a shame!

Nevertheless, I have not forced my view of any Igbos. I only aim for intelligent people (non Igbos inclusive) to know the man - buhari, better, especially in view of the revelation that he participated in killing defenseless people. What they do with such knowledge is entirely up to them.
wat u did, was giving us ur bias opinion of who buhari is by singling him in a counter coup conducted by high ranking officers. Intelligent people knw well not to follow a biased judgement posted by u. If u were sincere u would have posted ur account of the story and allow intelligent people to decide what to do with the knowledge not singling out buhari 4 us
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by gtrust: 3:18pm On May 08, 2013
eko ilee:

Where was this rule in the same 66 when unarmed innocent men, women and even pregant women were slaughtered in their sleep by blood thirsty and sadistic killers like nzeogwu?

You do NOT kill un-armed combatants or Civilians. Nzeogwu and co murdered those people you mentioned and that is also really really bad!

They could have arrested them or asked them to exile or...
you do not kill un-armed people.

Imagin even armed robbers with guns: take someone's car/SUV and you still shoot and kill- why
That is a crime against the state but in Nigeria you have to give police money to buy paper to even write the report.
If you try that elsewhere they forces WILL hurt you down even if it takes 30years!

Let's understand how to behave like human-beings and NOT like ANIMALS!

I even heard Buhari cancelled the metro-line awarded by a former Lagos state civilian governor.
My impression of this man is a bit... well, I don't have the facts and...

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by GoodSamaritan: 3:18pm On May 08, 2013
Buhari can never never rule this my country. Never! If he likes he can contest 1billion times. He can never rule this country again. But of course, he can continue to rule the Boko Harams
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 08, 2013
Because if he Buhari gains power he would imprison your corrupt looting paymasters right?
GoodSamaritan: Buhari can never never rule this my country. Never! If he likes he can contest 1billion times. He can never rule this country again. But of course, he can continue to rule the Boko Harams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vwREL7ibH0
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Dede1(m): 3:22pm On May 08, 2013
loswhite: and you are very ignorant not to know dat it was a counter coup that means the same Igbo started the coup and killing in the first place

Individuals in you IQ make it possible for certain people to agitate for the disintegration of Nigeria. It is pure punishment to share a country with a low life such you who could not start logical deduction. The OP was not interested in the genesis of the coup or which soldiers initiated the first coup or about counter coup.

From a sane point of view, I deduced the OP tried to bring the military record of an ex-soldier who wants to become a civilian president of Nigeria.

If you are so silly and dumb not to fathom out this scenario, I am sorry to tell you that stupidity can not be fixed.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 3:23pm On May 08, 2013
PointB:

My brother thanks for your wisdom,
I do not intend to entertain him. I only want to reach others who, though redeemable, yet think like him.
not with ur bias approach
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Dansalau: 3:24pm On May 08, 2013
Please, don't let us revisit, the forgotten issue, this is a coup that took place when you are very young or not even been born, if you want to De-credit or credit Buhari, you can simply talk about his roles when he was a military head of state.The issue on coupe detat can not be use to judge someone, its an order which must be folow........
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by dinachi(m): 3:38pm On May 08, 2013
PointB:

Actually, Buhari had no order to kill those men in cold blood; he simply acted in his own free will, to satiate whatever demon drives him.

As state, the order issued by Murtala to Buhari and comrade in murder was that they should stop. Apparently, Murtala himself could not stomach Buhari;s blood lust. Read it again:

Juxtapose the above with the following statement:

Buhari simply went berserk disregarding the initial plans, of which he was one of maker!
You have finally exposed your PDP bias. I clearly saw the name of the senior officer in charge was a captain Adamu it is very instructive that you didnt focus on him or other officers like Lt Nassarawa and co but instead chose to focus on the only politician that gives your paymasters in PDP the jitters! Again according to your post, some of the soldiers were arrested and not killed and your posts simply did not give the names of officers who merely arrested their colleagues separtely from those who participated in the killing. What proof do you have that Buhari participated in the killing? The man that ruthlessly abhors corruption would not kill for killing sake! That character is inconsistent with his personality! @PointB tell a better lie!

2 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 3:39pm On May 08, 2013
PointB: Now in sane countries, people like Buhari will cower in shame, guilt and regrets; and life a reclusive live, perpetually praying for forgiveness and cleansing of such blood of innocent souls staining their already darkened souls. But it's like the country is not only full of madmen, but equally shameless ignorant sycophants who worship them; urging on these dark soul to lord over their live. I hope they get what they yearn for, on a personally level, that is.
in sane country emotionally driven and bias ppl would not be allowed to force their opinion on ppl by bringing a small part of the story to the table to and singling out a man . You are really sounding like one of the madmen already
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 3:46pm On May 08, 2013
dinachi: You have finally exposed your PDP bias. I clearly saw the name of the senior officer in charge was a captain Adamu it is very instructive that you didnt focus on him or other officers like Lt Nassarawa and co but instead chose to focus on the only politician that gives your paymasters in PDP the jitters! Again according to your post, some of the soldiers were arrested and not killed and your posts simply did not give the names of officers who merely arrested their colleagues separtely from those who participated in the killing. What proof do you have that Buhari participated in the killing? The man that ruthlessly abhors corruption would not kill for killing sake! That character is inconsistent with his personality! @PointB tell a better lie!

Why don't you open a thread and focus on individual you wish to. I have stated times without number that I am interested in Buhari role in the counter coup. Find someone you like to focus on, I couldn't give a rat'azz who.

The man, Buhari, butchered his unarmed colleagues. Has he shown remorse? Has he asked for forgiveness? Yet he seeks office with those blood dripping from his hands, and head? Which sane nation allows that?

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Dede1(m): 3:49pm On May 08, 2013
dinachi: You have finally exposed your PDP bias. I clearly saw the name of the senior officer in charge was a captain Adamu it is very instructive that you didnt focus on him or other officers like Lt Nassarawa and co but instead chose to focus on the only politician that gives your paymasters in PDP the jitters! Again according to your post, some of the soldiers were arrested and not killed and your posts simply did not give the names of officers who merely arrested their colleagues separtely from those who participated in the killing. What proof do you have that Buhari participated in the killing? The man that ruthlessly abhors corruption would not kill for killing sake! That character is inconsistent with his personality! @PointB tell a better lie!

Are Nigerians nuts for crying out loud? Why should OP focus on either Capt Martins Adamu or Lt Nassarawa? Are Adamu and Nassarawa contemplating like Buhari to become civilian president of Nigeria? Why is this goofiness stacked upon Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 3:49pm On May 08, 2013
Dansalau: Please, don't let us revisit, the forgotten issue, this is a coup that took place when you are very young or not even been born, if you want to De-credit or credit Buhari, you can simply talk about his roles when he was a military head of state.The issue on coupe detat can not be use to judge someone, its an order which must be folow........

Who told you it's forgotten? Forgotten by who? You, the actors, or victims? His role in the counter coup is as important as his bungling as head of state. A man is composite of his actions; murder was part of Buhari's past. The question is, has he 'repented' ? How do we know?

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 3:50pm On May 08, 2013
Dede1:

Are Nigerians nuts for crying out loud? Why should OP focus on either Capt Martins Adamu or Lt Nassarawa? Are Adamu and Nassarawa contemplating like Buhari to become civilian president of Nigeria? Why is this goofiness stacked upon Nigerians?

I simply don't get their goofiness. It's baffling beyond measure!
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 3:52pm On May 08, 2013
Dede1:

I can safely say you are person of average intellect and baring laziness you are also capable of separating facts from fictions. Coup is not a child’s play as it is matter of life and dead. When the group of soldiers who were involved in July 29, 1966 arrested Ironsi and Fajuiyi in government house in Ibadan, anybody who understands an iota of military parlance can easily discern that both Ironsi and Fajuiyi have no command of the gatemen talk less of the sentries.

One wonders how Fajuiyi died while protecting Ironsi. Even the ADCs and Chief security officers of Ironsi and Fajuiyi were active members of the plot to overthrow the government of Ironsi. Ordinarily, the ADCs and Chief Security officers should have been the first line of protection for the C-in-C and governor. One ADC who tried to put up a fight was outnumbered, outgunned and subsequentely arrested.

Whenever you have time, I suggest you read Gowon’s biography by Eliagwu.
so you knw all dis dat coup is not a child's play and yet u r supporting op to single out buhari
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 4:00pm On May 08, 2013
PointB:

Stop spilling your guts all over the thread. It has been stated times without number that this thread is not a discussion on Nzeogwu, countless threads have been opened to discuss the guy and the role he played.

This thread is simply created to expose Buhari as a cold blooded murderer, who without any prompting took the lives of his unarmed comrades, even against initial plan to execute a bloodless coup.

Prior to this thread, this role has not been thoroughly examined. I am sure many did not even know that Buhari butchered his unarmed colleagues, rather than arresting them. I hope soon or later some bright journalist will ask him this question on national TV. I look forward to listening to his answer.
in other to discuss issues properly we must bring in all d related facts to ur post. U don't xpect us to Js accept wat u hav stated without discussing it extensively.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 4:14pm On May 08, 2013
Paschal007: I dunno why the murderer's apologists are screaming 'why single out buhari' (goes to show they agree he was and still a murderer). Well he had to start from somebody ain't it?
dumb

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by akunjohn(m): 4:25pm On May 08, 2013
OsunOriginal: This will only appeal to already bigoted easterners like yourself. No sane person will even read beyond the first line of the junk.

We all learn from history.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 4:25pm On May 08, 2013
ceejay4real: My dear fellow Compatriots, lets ask ourselves a question. Were the Northern Officers and Soldiers justified 2 murder close to 400 Igbo Officers & Men of the Nigerian Army on the 29th of July, 1966? Afterall, Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu & co only killed 8 Military Officers and 4 politicians on the 15th of January earlier in the same year, totalling 12 people in all. To keep the records straight, the 12 victims are as follows: Sir Ahmadu Bello (North), Sir Tafawa Belewa (North), Chief Ladoke Akintola (West), Chief Festus Okotie - Eboh (Midwest), Brig. Samuel Ademulegun(West), Brig. Zakariya Maimalari(North), Col Kur Muhammed(North), Col Robert Shodeinde (West), Lt. Col Abogo Largema(East), Lt. Col Arthur Unegbe(East), Lt. Col Yakubu Pam (North) & Major Sam Adegoke(West). Even the East had a ''fair share'' of the dead. I may dare say that what happened under Nzeogwu's command was a bloodbath but by no means a massacre not to talk of being a planned annihiliation of politicians & members of the Armed Forces 4rm a certain section of the country or Ethnic group by the Igbos! We should pls reason like patriots here and not bigots. The British Imperialists and the Northern Oligarchy (hegemonists) were behind d false & misguided rumours abt Maj. Nzeogwu's motives just 2 make sure Gen. J. T. U. Aguiyi-Ironsi was deposed asap and replaced by a Northern Head of State so as to foster d Northern Agenda. OK, lets assume d Northern Officers were justified killing hundreds of their colleagues in cold blood, were the Pogroms (against civilians) of 1966 and Genocidal war of 1967 - 1970 also justified? Pls lets always be fair minded and avoid petty hatred and sentiments in our posts here on NL. On Gen. Buhari, I believe he was ill-advised and misguided as at the time. He was barely 24 yrs old then. So I 4give him and pray d entire Igbo race do. God bless the dead. Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
nothing justifies the killing but we cannot accept singling out buhari on d issue since he was not the highest ranking officer as @ the time
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by loswhite(m): 4:30pm On May 08, 2013
Yorubaman40: So, Buhari has been into this blood-shedding business for a long time. I used to think the shagari overthrow was his first. Now,I am not surprised about his connection to BH. In a sane country like US such a man would never have contemplated running for public office with so much blood on his hands.
every-time I hear dis sane country like US I Js wonder if u ppl read or listen to news @ all ,cos d last I checked it is sane country that is fighting war in Iraq and Afghanistan dat has killed innocent women and children .

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

IPOB Gunman Reveals His Face With Gun (Photos) / UPDATE: Many students feared killed as suicide bomber hits Yobe school / IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Flops In Anambra, Paralyses Activities In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.