Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Are You Married To An Older Lady...? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Married To An Older Lady...? (21028 Views)

Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 12:01am On May 07, 2013
Please see if you can answer the questions I asked in my second post on this thread.
Thank you and God bless you.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 12:04am On May 07, 2013
coogar:

who says being a man hurts other people? are you living in a parallel universe?
Being 'the man' implies subjecting the 'not-the-man' to your will. (since you said you're the authority)
Nobody likes being controlled coogar. People get hurt when you force them to do what you want and not what they want.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 12:05am On May 07, 2013
fellis:
Please explain this statement.

Apart from religions what other reasons do you have for believing that women are below men?

physically, men are stronger.
if the strongest man and the strongest woman in the world engage in fisticuffs, the man would win all the time.

fellis:
Being 'the man' implies subjecting the 'not-the-man' to your will. (since you said you're the authority)
Nobody likes being controlled coogar. People get hurt when you force them to do what you want and not what they want.

having the authority is different from being a tyrant. parents have the authority but do they really force their wards to do what they don't want to?
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 12:09am On May 07, 2013
coogar:

physically, men are stronger.
if the strongest man and the strongest woman in the world engage in fisticuffs, the man would win all the time.
So strength is what makes men superior to women? It's not maybe intelligence or hardworking nature or people skills?
Is John Cena (the wrestler) superior to you? Because he is stronger than you. . . .

6 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 12:11am On May 07, 2013
coogar:

having the authority is different from being a tyrant. parents have the authority but do they really force their wards to do what they don't want to?
Ok then. I must be interpreting the word 'authority' wrongly. Can you kindly explain what it means to me. Thanks a mil.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 12:12am On May 07, 2013
fellis:
So strength is what makes men superior to women? It's not maybe intelligence or hardworking nature or people skills? Is John Cena (the wrestler) superior to you? Because he is stronger than you. . . .

just one arm of it - men are more intelligent than women. men are stronger than women. don't use john cena as example. superiority back in the days was all about survival. survival = strength! to rule over your neighbours, there has to be strength. as at the time jesus was born, the greeks(greatest philosophers in the world) have not even decided yet whether women are humans or not.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 12:20am On May 07, 2013
coogar:
just one arm of it - men are more intelligent than women.
Is my aboki maiguard more intelligent than your mother? Because my aboki maiguard is a man and your mother is a woman. No offense meant, I am just curious.

men are stronger than women. don't use john cena as example. superiority back in the days was all about survival. survival = strength! to rule over your neighbours, there has to be strength. as at the time jesus was born, the greeks(greatest philosophers in the world) have not even decided yet whether women are humans or not.
@bold,
Yes. BACK IN THE STONE AGES and before we got to the point we are today. Times have changed. Why do you want to keep following the way of life of the civilizations past?
Strength no longer determines superiority coogar, intelligence does. The US of A is not a world power today because they have the most physically strongest people in the world.

6 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 12:39am On May 07, 2013
fellis:
Is my aboki maiguard more intelligent than your mother? Because my aboki maiguard is a man and your mother is a woman. No offense meant, I am just curious.

the question is daft cos i expect you to compare like for like. an aboki maiguard would be more intelligent than an aboki female: that's set in stone. when i said men are generally more intelligent than women then it's in the context of a level playing field and not comparing an educated woman to a man that never went to school!

@bold,
Yes. BACK IN THE STONE AGES and before we got to the point we are today. Times have changed. Why do you want to keep following the way of life of the civilizations past?

there's no present and future without the past. if your great grandparents didnt häve sex, you would not exist.

Strength no longer determines superiority coogar, intelligence does. The US of A is not a world power today because they have the most physically strongest people in the world.

strength is superiority!
the USA is a world power because they have one of the strongest military in the world. that's the way it is. there's a direct link between physical strength and superiority. why can USA go to iraq, afghan, etc and not togo, benin republic or botswana?

2 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 1:07am On May 07, 2013
coogar:
the question is daft cos i expect you to compare like for like. an aboki maiguard would be more intelligent than an aboki female: that's set in stone. when i said men are generally more intelligent than women then it's in the context of a level playing field and not comparing an educated woman to a man that never went to school!
Calm down.
At first, you said that men are more intelligent than women, you never said anything about level playing field before.
Ok, since you claimed that men are smarter than women in the context of a level playing field then how do you explain this research that shows that women are smarter than men?

there's no present and future without the past. if your great grandparents didnt häve sex, you would not exist.
I really don't understand how this statement is related to what I said before. So because there is no future without a past that means we should continue to live the way we lived in the stone ages? We shouldn't advance ourselves or develop ourselves?
Fine, there is no present or future without a past but times change. Attitudes change and cultures change to suit the times. Women are now exposed to the same opportunities as men and have proven themselves capable of doing the things men do (except of course those things that require strength but men cannot bear children like women so I think that balances it out). So why must women remain subjected to men?

strength is superiority!
the USA is a world power because they have one of the strongest military in the world. that's the way it is. there's a direct link between physical strength and superiority. why can USA go to iraq, afghan, etc and not togo, benin republic or botswana?
Strongest military does not imply physical strength which you said was the determining factor for superiority. There are many things that makes the US military one of the strongest in the world and physical strength is only a tiny part of them. They have high tech weapons which required intelligence to create and keep secret from allies, they carry out stealth operations and these things also require intelligence.
Besides, having a strong military is not the only thing that makes the US a world power. They regulate people's opinions with propaganda and they carry out espionage, actively monitor the progress of their rivals and allies and these things require intelligence, not strength.

Strength is not superiority, a number of things should be taken into consideration before you can conclude that one person is superior to another.
If strength was superiority then lions or elephants will be on top of the food chain today instead of humans

13 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 9:45am On May 07, 2013
fellis: xxxxxxx
you quoted a dodgy research, did you actually read the article
Except below:

The practical implications of Flynn's data remain unclear, especially because many education experts have criticized IQ tests for only measuring the ability to give the textbook correct answer to a question and ignoring more creative types of thinking.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 10:37am On May 07, 2013
fellis:
Calm down.
At first, you said that men are more intelligent than women, you never said anything about level playing field before.
Ok, since you claimed that men are smarter than women in the context of a level playing field then how do you explain this research that shows that women are smarter than men?

for every dodgy research you can scoop out that makes women smarter, i would bring out 10. it's not about research with crude methodologies. just look around you and you would notice that einstein, newton, dalton, nostradamus, alexander graham bell, faraday, archimedes and benjamin franklin never had wombs.

I really don't understand how this statement is related to what I said before. So because there is no future without a past that means we should continue to live the way we lived in the stone ages? We shouldn't advance ourselves or develop ourselves?

we have developed as humans but the female anatomy still remains the same. men are physically stronger, generally taller with a bigger bone mass and a bigger brain size than women. it's a travesty that i have to point this out to you.

Fine, there is no present or future without a past but times change. Attitudes change and cultures change to suit the times. Women are now exposed to the same opportunities as men and have proven themselves capable of doing the things men do (except of course those things that require strength but men cannot bear children like women so I think that balances it out). So why must women remain subjected to men?

that's the thing though - women have proven themselves capable so have animals too - it's just an advancement for both sexes and species. it does not mean men are women are equal. we don't even have the same brain size to start with, how then can we be the same? so the fact that women can bear children means they are stronger than men? you make me laugh!!!

Strongest military does not imply physical strength which you said was the determining factor for superiority. There are many things that makes the US military one of the strongest in the world and physical strength is only a tiny part of them. They have high tech weapons which required intelligence to create and keep secret from allies, they carry out stealth operations and these things also require intelligence.

high tech weaponry is strength.
this is a country of 300 million population with the biggest, tallest people on the planet. how isn't that strength?

Besides, having a strong military is not the only thing that makes the US a world power. They regulate people's opinions with propaganda and they carry out espionage, actively monitor the progress of their rivals and allies and these things require intelligence, not strength.

they can do all that because they are strong!
they have a huge military personnel - the strength gives them the opportunity to make supernova weapons they need to conquer or rule over other countries in the minority.

Strength is not superiority, a number of things should be taken into consideration before you can conclude that one person is superior to another.

strength is superiority
if i am stronger than you then i am superior. the roman empire ruled for 1000 years through sheer strength, capturing slaves and trading them. the british empire also ruled through sheer strength colonising half of the world. it's not like they brainwashed their colonies, they fought them on the battlefield and conquered and it's the reason you and i are communicating in their language till date.

If strength was superiority then lions or elephants will be on top of the food chain today instead of humans

another daft analogy....
humans are more intelligent than animals and with the use of weaponry humans have been able to conquer animals. this is discounting men who have actually faced lions in a combat and killed lions with bare arms.

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by maclatunji: 10:46am On May 07, 2013
@Fellis. grin
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 11:47am On May 07, 2013
maclatunji: @Fellis. grin
Why you smiling mac?
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 11:47am On May 07, 2013
biolabee:
you quoted a dodgy research, did you actually read the article
Except below:
Of course the iq test has its own critics and flaws, everything that was created by humans has flaws.
And yes, Iq testing only measures one type of intelligence out of the different types of intelligence. It measures the logical or mathmathical type of intelligence and this is a very great type of intelligence to possess. It enables us to perceive relationships and connections and to use abstract sequential thinking, inductive and deductive reasoning.
It measures a very important type of intelligence and it isn't useless or dodgy.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 12:01pm On May 07, 2013
fellis:
Of course the iq test has its own critics and flaws, everything that was created by humans has flaws.
And yes, Iq testing only measures one type of intelligence out of the different types of intelligence. It measures the logical or mathmathical type of intelligence and this is a very great type of intelligence to possess. It enables us to perceive relationships and connections and to use abstract sequential thinking, inductive and deductive reasoning.
It measures a very important type of intelligence and it isn't useless or dodgy.

You should not have quoted it to prove women are smarter than man or even granted the coogar the debate on who is smarter

Smartness is not a function of gender but knowlege and exposure mainly

You guys have derailed the topic which was simple

would a man marry an older woman

Not holding brief for coogar but his point was simple, whether he marries a 20 or 1000 year old woman; he will always BE THE MAN IN THE RELATIONSHIP

Back to topic
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by EveryLadY(f): 12:06pm On May 07, 2013
Tgirl4real come see as coogar and fellis don derail ur thread finish.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 07, 2013
coogar:
for every dodgy research you can scoop out that makes women smarter, i would bring out 10. it's not about research with crude methodologies.
My research is not dodgy, neither was it done with crude methodologies. It was carried out by a very prestigious organisation and it involved participants from different countries. The fact that you don't like the test results doesn't mean the test is dodgy.
just look around and you would notice that einstein, newton, dalton, nostradamus, alexander graham bell, faraday, archimedes and benjamin franklin never had wombs.
Up untill the early 21st century, women were traditionally expected to stay at home and run the house front and so they didn't have the incentive to invent or discover like the men were doing. It doesn't mean that women were not intelligent. There was the 'Married woman property act' and until it was passed into law, married women were prevented from doing whatever they please with their property and their husbands owned and controlled both them and their property and this was something that decreased the incentive to work in women.
also
we have developed as humans but the female anatomy still remains the same. men are physically stronger, generally taller with a bigger bone mass and a bigger brain size than women. it's a travesty that i have to point this out to you.
Bigger brains does not equal more intelligence. Early humans had bigger brains but were not as intelligent as we are.
Also women can conceive and give birth. Men can't.
This is a strong point they have over you.

that's the thing though - women have proven themselves capable so have animals too - it's just an advancement for both sexes and species. it does not mean men are women are equal. we don't even have the same brain size to start with, how then can we be the same? so the fact that women can bear children means they are stronger than men? you make me laugh!!!
See above.

high tech weaponry is strength.
this is a country of 300 million population with the biggest, tallest people on the planet. how isn't that strength?

they can do all that because they are strong!
they have a huge military personnel - the strength gives them the opportunity to make supernova weapons they need to conquer or rule over other countries in the minority.

strength is superiority
if i am stronger than you then i am superior. the roman empire ruled for 1000 years through sheer strength, capturing slaves and trading them. the british empire also ruled through sheer strength colonising half of the world. it's not like they brainwashed their colonies, they fought them on the battlefield and conquered and it's the reason you and i are communicating in their language till date.
Abeg military strength is not physical strength. Stop trying to make it seem like it is. Africa as a whole has more population than the USA so why are they not a world power? You need intelligence to gather an army and keep it togethe and you need intelligence to build high tech weapons to advance that army and keep them superior to others.

another daft analogy....
humans are more intelligent than animals and with the use of weaponry humans have been able to conquer animals. this is discounting men who have actually faced lions in a combat and killed lions with bare arms.
How did humans create the specialized weapons they used to defeat animals? Isn't it with intelligence?
FOH with your desperate and meaningless arguments

2 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 12:54pm On May 07, 2013
fellis:
My research is not dodgy, neither was it done with crude methodologies. It was carried out by a very prestigious organisation and it involved participants from different countries. The fact that you don't like the test results doesn't mean the test is dodgy.

the test result is inconclusive - there was even a caveat at the end of the article which automatically renders it null and void!

Up untill the early 21st century, women were traditionally expected to stay at home and run the house front and so they didn't have the incentive to invent or discover like the men were doing. It doesn't mean that women were not intelligent. There was the 'Married woman property act' and until it was passed into law, married women were prevented from doing whatever they please with their property and their husbands owned and controlled both them and their property and this was something that decreased the incentive to work in women.

traditionally expected? which traditions? it's because women are not up to the task. the saying - "survival of the fittest" must have flown over your head. only the strong survive. strength is superiority!

Bigger brains does not equal more intelligence. Early humans had bigger brains but were not as intelligent as we are. Also women can conceive and give birth. Men can't. This is a strong point they have over you.

early humans were not as intelligent? says who? how did they survive the hardship in those days without portable water, without electricity. you must be living in a parallel universe.

Abeg military strength is not physical strength. Stop trying to make it seem like it is. Africa as a whole has more population than the USA so why are they not a world power? You need intelligence to gather an army and keep it togethe and you need intelligence to build high tech weapons to advance that army and keep them superior to others.

comparing a continent to one single country - you are proving my assertion on this thread with that single example.

How did humans create the specialized weapons they used to defeat animals? Isn't it with intelligence?
FOH with your desperate and meaningless arguments

there's strength in intelligence - men are more intelligent and are more physically stronger than women. men have a higher threshold of pain than women and that's where the superiority lies!

biologically - i have the X and Y chromosomes whilst you have 2 Xs(a functional X chromosome and another redundant X chromosome). The Y-chromosome is responsible for evolution, adaptation, survival and reproduction to an extremely huge degree. men are the drivers of evolution and women are just a back up foundation of our biological makeup!
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by maclatunji: 1:08pm On May 07, 2013
fellis:
Why you smiling mac?

Just wondering when you will stop having this debate about men and women. You insist on being treated exactly like a man. We are not the same, I have told you severally, that doesn't make you inferior.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 1:13pm On May 07, 2013
maclatunji:
Just wondering when you will stop having this debate about men and women. You insist on being treated exactly like a man. We are not the same, I have told you severally, that doesn't make you inferior.

if one is not equal to the other then one is superior than the other(regardless of how much)? 4 is not 5, 5 is superior to 4.

women and men are not the same - even a kid of 9 knows that. 99% of the similarities between a chimp and humans are concentrated on the X chromosomes. however, there's 30% difference in the Y chromosomes of humans and chimps. men are the superior gender!
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by maclatunji: 1:32pm On May 07, 2013
coogar:

if one is not equal to the other then one is superior than the other(regardless of how much)? 4 is not 5, 5 is superior to 4.

women and men are not the same - even a kid of 9 knows that. 99% of the similarities between a chimp and humans are concentrated on the X chromosomes. however, there's 30% difference in the Y chromosomes of humans and chimps. men are the superior gender!

This is why she is debating with you. I think it is wrong for a man to believe in his superiority over women in the way you do. I really don't see it the way you make it. It is just a difference of roles and God giving leadership to man.

In terms of what really counts in terms of being human which is the intellect, we are equal.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 07, 2013
@coogar I used Africa and USA as examples because I wanted to compare two areas with similar land mass.

1 Gender is not a measure of intelligence so cut it out with that bullshit about men being more intelligent than women. I only posted that research to shut you up about your idiotic claim that men are more intelligent.
There are different types of intelligence and if you can't prove that men surpass women in every single type of intelligence ie linguistic, interpersonal, musical, logical etc, then shut the hell up about men being more intelligent.

2. About your Y and X chromosome theory; the Y chromosome you claimed is so superior and magnificient contains less DNA material than the X chromosome is dying away/fading from existence. Why is it disappearing when the X is still going strong? Besides, the Y chromosomes have played virtually the same role as X chromosomes in evolution. I don't know where you get your science 'facts' from.
Read here
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MensHealthNews/story?id=8104217&page=1

4. Women have smaller brains on average because they have smaller bodies. Their brains are in proportion to their bodies.
Also, women have more white matter than men in their brains which make them better than men in communicating and problem solving. Read it up.

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 07, 2013
coogar:

i would have loved to marry an older woman but ex-boyfriends, ex-husbands, children, ex-step-children, pending divorces, business pressures, financial obligations, and debts can often be part of the package.

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 07, 2013
fellis: @coogar I used Africa and USA as examples because I wanted to compare two areas with similar land mass.

1 Gender is not a measure of intelligence so cut it out with that bullshit about men being more intelligent than women. I only posted that research to shut you up about your idiotic claim that men are more intelligent.
There are different types of intelligence and if you can't prove that men surpass women in every single type of intelligence ie linguistic, interpersonal, musical, logical etc, then shut the hell up about men being more intelligent.

2. About your Y and X chromosome theory; the Y chromosome you claimed is so superior and magnificient contains less DNA material than the X chromosome is dying away/fading from existence. Why is it disappearing when the X is still going strong? Besides, the Y chromosomes have played virtually the same role as X chromosomes in evolution. I don't know where you get your science 'facts' from.
Read here
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MensHealthNews/story?id=8104217&page=1

4. Women have smaller brains on average because they have smaller bodies. Their brains are in proportion to their bodies.
Also, women have more white matter than men in their brains which make them better than men in communicating and problem solving. Read it up.

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by InvertedHammer: 2:03pm On May 07, 2013

Wahala dey sleep, iyanga go wake am.

Older women no go wahala u? Wahala come in different ages

U never jam woman

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Lilimax(f): 2:04pm On May 07, 2013
I have a female friend that is older than her husband with 5yrs.
They are living peacefuly and there marriage is blessed with two Children.
Age is just a number.
There is an adage...the age of Methuselah has nothing to do with the wisdom of Solomon
wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by bushbull: 2:06pm On May 07, 2013
I cn marry an older lady, on a condition dat she will put her age aside and behave well like a normal wife. No wahala
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by InvertedHammer: 2:07pm On May 07, 2013
Lilimax: I have a female friend that is older than her husband with 5yrs.
They are living peacefuly and there marriage is blessed with two Children.
Age is just a number.
There is an adage...the age of Methuselah has nothing to do with the wisdom of Solomon
wink wink wink

Rat wey follow lizard dey shakara for rain, na Flavor "oyi" go get am.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by venchi: 2:07pm On May 07, 2013
JUST FINISHED MY TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE, ABOUT TO WED ON 29TH OF MAY 2013, THEN I CAN START LIVING WITH MY WIFE , BUT NOW NO AN EXPERIENCE ABOUT THAT. BUT MAN MUST BE A MAN. YOU ARE THE ONE MARRING HER NOT HER MARRING YOU. YOU HAVE THE FINAL SAY NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS. EVEN THOUGH SHE IS RICHER , OR HAVE UPPER HAND INTERNS OF INCOME. DO NOT ALLOW HER USE AGE ADVANTAGE ON YOU. GOD HAS MADE IT SO , THAT A MAN MUST BE THE HEAD OF THE FAMILY. SHE CANNOT MARRY HERSELF.THAT IS WHY SHE NEEDED A MAN IN HER LIFE.

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 2:12pm On May 07, 2013
Since the topic has been derailed to another battle of the sexes topic

Do we start counting scores?
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Lilimax(f): 2:14pm On May 07, 2013
InvertedHammer:

Rat wey follow lizard dey shakara for rain, na Flavor "oyi" go get am.
Hope you are not worried about me? I've said I DO nine years age.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:16pm On May 07, 2013
Every_LadY: Tgirl4real come see as coogar and fellis don derail ur thread finish.

I tire o. I go 4 interview, b4 I return, topic don change to gender equality. grin grin grin

biolabee:

You should not have quoted it to prove women are smarter than man or even granted the coogar the debate on who is smarter

Smartness is not a function of gender but knowlege and exposure mainly

You guys have derailed the topic which was simple

would a man marry an older woman

Not holding brief for coogar but his point was simple, whether he marries a 20 or 1000 year old woman; he will always BE THE MAN IN THE RELATIONSHIP

Back to topic

Thank u.

Coogar n Fellis, back to topic pls.

Thank u. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

It’s Satanic For Wives To Demand Money From Husbands Before Sex - Livinus Okeke / Things Disappear In My House All The Time. / About Married Women And Male Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.